A Thousand Papercuts

cyrus_krell

Some great posts here and I can attest too having experienced some of the bugs and situations mentioned.

I never got through all the posts so I'll throw in a few:

- A log in the codex of our pcs story and world arc quests, per planet, with our ls/ds choices and the details of major characters fates with the results of our pcs choices in the "life or death scenarios" listing who our pcs defeated, eliminated, allied with or betrayed, this could be applied to companion story arcs and quests also

- A color dye system to item modifications to that appears on different sections of the weapon or even a color match to armor or chest guard option for weapons, speeders

- Certain classes such as AI & maybe Trooper could be given a class ability to use blaster pistol like the Smuggler uses the Scattergun ability, say within a 2-4m range, as a"point blank shot:" maybe only available after a melee or stun attack, these classes carry and use their side arms/blsster pistols through out cut scenes so kinda seems fitting, these side arms appearances should change like regular blaster pistols when switched out

with other models of the weapons and correspond with what is viewed in the cut scenes

- Hide or Display option for Scattergun, Vibroblade, the aforementioned "point blank" ability weapons with placement sections/areas on the pc avatar such as side waste, back center, left/right side, etc.

- A "mirror" effect option to apply or remove half some of the customization option for races ie: cyborgs, remove any the implants from one side of the head/face, jewelry for other races, add a second scar or tattoo on either side or just the opposite side of the face for other races, for a bit more character customization

- Prologue story and loading screens should have character names should be displayed rather than classes , legacy name and current title or an option to display them during these areas of the game

- Allow stealth classes to mount from stealth , braking stealth when the casting bar begins

- "Color/paint", surface graphics/symbol/emblem system for pc star ships and the ability to name pc star ships

- Craftable only silencers, suppressors, scopes with minor stat bonuses for blaster rifles and pistols,, ;D

Keep up the good work players and devs alike

Cheers

Edited by gorogue

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Queuing for warzones while standing on your ships comlink will get you stuck inside the comlink when you get out of the warzone. The comlink is my favourite piece of furniture, I don't want to be penalized for using it. :cool:

Discrepancy in companion affection gain through conversations. This is mostly for the daily areas, since those would be the reasonable place for level 50s to fill in the affection gaps. I'd like it to be feasible to get all my companions some decent affection by doing the dailies, instead of just buying 500 energy blade bayonets or what have you.

On a consular for instance, Nadia Grell absolutely loves EVERYTHING you say, netting you well over a thousand affection for each set of dailies, while Tharan Cedrax just dislikes most of the options you're presented with. Would probably end up with a hundred affection for all the dailies using him.

Don't hold me to these numbers, just a rough estimate. It's clearly scewed though.

There's been countless threads about this already, but I'm gonna go ahead and drop it here too:

Biochem reusables. Think I heard that the plan is to not introduce higher level ones in the future, however, the old ones need to go as well, especially the adrenals.

The disadvantage of not being able to pop these every 3 minutes during normal play is just too huge to overlook. With the GTN prices for exo adrenals, that's a 60000 credits per hour. Even if they're not going to be the best there is, you can still keep using them for a great benefit without having to worry about wasting money, such as during dailies (where burning adrenals that cost money would be sort of counter productive, seeing most people do the dailies for credits) or during your daily FP.

Also, on the note of adrenals, limit their usage to once per fight as with the med pacs and/or decrease the materials to craft one.

I liked many of the paper cuts here like:

Companions in your ship doing some kind of action with some diversity. And more companion animation in general.

Chat Bubbles. It encourages more personal interaction. It looks cool if done well, and it takes people away from the conversations in the general chat, which shouldn't be the prime form of communication.

Removing costs for extracting mods or lower them. Pimping ain't easy. A part of real life, that I prefer not to see in gaming too much, or do I?

And here is my own paper cut.

More Cantina Interaction: Let people socialize and chill out, this game is all fight, fight, fight and not enough of a virtual world. This element in Star Wars immersion is vital for endless reasons. Here are some ideas for more Cantina interaction.

More Cantina Music Please. No corny stuff, Star Wars Clone Wars knows how to do this. Just listen to all the diversity of music in every bar or lounge they have walked into. We have the same music in all Cantinas throughout the galaxy. That and the general lack of Cantina immersion, in my opinion is a broken aspect of the game that needs attention.

Sitting. Sitting in a cantina many times influences others to sit by that person and start a conversation. It looks cool and it should take it higher than in MMO's from a decade ago, like having the toon sitting, yet somewhat animated. MMO's from long ago would just have them sit there without movement.

Get Drunk. Buying a drink and getting drunk was a feature that goes back all the way to Multi-User Dungeons (MUD's). Its a useless feature, but its a fun extra. Give some buffs when drinking for Smugglers - that way when you go to a Cantina, YOU SEE SMUGGLERS. ;) And make the penalties fun, not just about stats and not just about penalizing. Make the toon go left when you want to go right, increase strengths and armor but lower aiming and endurance or resilience, etc. Increase the "fun" penalties after every drink. Different drinks have different drunk effects.

*Make it easy to buy a drink for someone.*

Bar Brawling. We saw them in the movies, in the cartoons and in the graphic novels, and they mostly used blasters. This option is only available after 5 drinks with all the "fun" penalties added up after each drink. The 5 minimum drink requirement encourages people to hang out longer. And it can be done in groups. Have pictures of the current bar brawler champ up on the wall in the Cantina.

Dancing currency. Give money for those dancing, who get applause. Give buffs to those who give applause.

More dance moves. Please! People like to do this but generally don't because the lack of dance moves makes it cliche.

Dance battles Why not? LOL! PVP should have no limitations and it would balance out the Bar Brawling, making the Cantina fun for everyone.

Arcade games. Mini games in the cantina. Hutt Space has gambling machines. Make them nice looking and fun. Could be simple like mobile games or even atari games, but they have to be fun or else they would be completely useless like the minigames in SWG. Why not just port flash games? I'm sure there are SWTOR flash games in StarWars.com ... I could be wrong, but Im just assuming. I'll check later. If SWTOR flash games are ported, anyone can make them and upload them to the forums so people can vote for them to go on future updates. This has incredible potential, if you think about it. THINK ABOUT IT!

Easier access to chat privately and the general chatting area. It is somewhat not user friendly to click on a player and sift through all the options to chat privately before the target toon just leaves.

Cantina missions (ie new missions start again every 10 levels, inviting players of all levels to all planets). Have some of them sitting down! Like when Luke and Obi met Han and Chewie. And of course make them fully voiced. No one, and I mean no one wants to hear future missions and updates will be less voiced as a potential reality of the future of this game. Use student actors if you have to.

Factions can safely quick travel to enemy Cantinas only if they were able to previously walk to it and register as "discovered". This would bring all sorts of unspeakable new excitement to the experience of Star Wars, anything from formal challenges to surprise city invasions. There should be no PVPing allowed in any Cantina, except for Dance Battles and Bar Brawls. Outside of the Cantina, all hell would break loose, lol!

So that is my paper cut, more Cantina immersion with diverse things to do, so when you go in, you see players all doing different things and hanging out, with mostly Smugglers around who get extra buffs from drinking and bar brawling. We need hang out spots, and the Cantina is the perfect place. It is already there, ready and waiting for the developers to make it an MMO paradise, the absolute coolest hang out of all the MMO's.

I would also like to take this chance to ask for my biggest wish for this game which is too big for a paper cut, which was already said that was being worked on for the future - full 3-dimensional space flight, free from the rails, in space and on planets. It was already promised and the community should keep stressing it, so its not forgotten and so that our input is heard loud and clear. I love this game, and this is why I just shared my suggestions and still have great expectations for it. Peace.

Edited by HiddenPalm

I like the idea of seeing companions doing more than just standing in one place starting at something on a ship- it was pretty cool at the end of the agent quest line to see everyone doing something different when you used the intercom- vector was meditating, dr lokin was dissecting a rakghoul, etc.

Speaking of doctor lokin, his rakghoul form is very broken. I've heard he's invisible in it now, but before that, it would glitch and he would leave that form every time you would stealth or travel.

There should be no PVPing allowed in any Cantina, except for Dance Battles and Bar Brawls. Outside of the Cantina, all hell would break loose, lol!

great idea.. also i like all the other ideas.

also it is a great place to meet your guildies there, and if there is something to do it is really gonna be fun.

having some drinks there, giving out drinks (social points!) talking WITH CHAT BUBBLES would really give it a complete new perspective.

there could be some brawling between guilds or groups (only if they are drunk?)

I liked many of the paper cuts here like:

Companions in your ship doing some kind of action with some diversity. And more companion animation in general.

Chat Bubbles. It encourages more personal interaction. It looks cool if done well, and it takes people away from the conversations in the general chat, which shouldn't be the prime form of communication.

Removing costs for extracting mods or lower them. Pimping ain't easy. A part of real life, that I prefer not to see in gaming too much, or do I?

And here is my own paper cut.

More Cantina Interaction: Let people socialize and chill out, this game is all fight, fight, fight and not enough of a virtual world. This element in Star Wars immersion is vital for endless reasons. Here are some ideas for more Cantina interaction.

More Cantina Music Please. No corny stuff, Star Wars Clone Wars knows how to do this. Just listen to all the diversity of music in every bar or lounge they have walked into. We have the same music in all Cantinas throughout the galaxy. That and the general lack of Cantina immersion, in my opinion is a broken aspect of the game that needs attention.

Sitting. Sitting in a cantina many times influences others to sit by that person and start a conversation. It looks cool and it should take it higher than in MMO's from a decade ago, like having the toon sitting, yet somewhat animated. MMO's from long ago would just have them sit there without movement.

Get Drunk. Buying a drink and getting drunk was a feature that goes back all the way to Multi-User Dungeons (MUD's). Its a useless feature, but its a fun extra. Give some buffs when drinking for Smugglers - that way when you go to a Cantina, YOU SEE SMUGGLERS. ;) And make the penalties fun, not just about stats and not just about penalizing. Make the toon go left when you want to go right, increase strengths and armor but lower aiming and endurance or resilience, etc. Increase the "fun" penalties after every drink. Different drinks have different drunk effects.

*Make it easy to buy a drink for someone.*

Bar Brawling. We saw them in the movies, in the cartoons and in the graphic novels, and they mostly used blasters. This option is only available after 5 drinks with all the "fun" penalties added up after each drink. The 5 minimum drink requirement encourages people to hang out longer. And it can be done in groups. Have pictures of the current bar brawler champ up on the wall in the Cantina.

Dancing currency. Give money for those dancing, who get applause. Give buffs to those who give applause.

More dance moves. Please! People like to do this but generally don't because the lack of dance moves makes it cliche.

Dance battles Why not? LOL! PVP should have no limitations and it would balance out the Bar Brawling, making the Cantina fun for everyone.

Arcade games. Mini games in the cantina. Hutt Space has gambling machines. Make them nice looking and fun. Could be simple like mobile games or even atari games, but they have to be fun or else they would be completely useless like the minigames in SWG. Why not just port flash games? I'm sure there are SWTOR flash games in StarWars.com ... I could be wrong, but Im just assuming. I'll check later. If SWTOR flash games are ported, anyone can make them and upload them to the forums so people can vote for them to go on future updates. This has incredible potential, if you think about it. THINK ABOUT IT!

Easier access to chat privately and the general chatting area. It is somewhat not user friendly to click on a player and sift through all the options to chat privately before the target toon just leaves.

Cantina missions (ie new missions start again every 10 levels, inviting players of all levels to all planets). Have some of them sitting down! Like when Luke and Obi met Han and Chewie. And of course make them fully voiced. No one, and I mean no one wants to hear future missions and updates will be less voiced as a potential reality of the future of this game. Use student actors if you have to.

Factions can safely quick travel to enemy Cantinas only if they were able to previously walk to it and register as "discovered". This would bring all sorts of unspeakable new excitement to the experience of Star Wars, anything from formal challenges to surprise city invasions. There should be no PVPing allowed in any Cantina, except for Dance Battles and Bar Brawls. Outside of the Cantina, all hell would break loose, lol!

So that is my paper cut, more Cantina immersion with diverse things to do, so when you go in, you see players all doing different things and hanging out, with mostly Smugglers around who get extra buffs from drinking and bar brawling. We need hang out spots, and the Cantina is the perfect place. It is already there, ready and waiting for the developers to make it an MMO paradise, the absolute coolest hang out of all the MMO's.

I would also like to take this chance to ask for my biggest wish for this game which is too big for a paper cut, which was already said that was being worked on for the future - full 3-dimensional space flight, free from the rails, in space and on planets. It was already promised and the community should keep stressing it, so its not forgotten and so that our input is heard loud and clear. I love this game, and this is why I just shared my suggestions and still have great expectations for it. Peace.

Some really really cool ideas here. Mind if I borrow one or two of them for my own thread? I'll give you the proper credit of course,.

I'll preface my 'paper cuts' with the admission that I did not read all 14 pages, so if my suggestions/annoyances are already mentioned then I apologize. That being said I'm just gonna dig in...

- I'm not a fan of MOST of the art direction. As the original poster said much of the armor and saber handles seem clunky and many are just down right gaudy. Star Wars has always been about functionality and simplicity. Even when armor was "bigger" it was still functional, sleek and menacing (IE Darth Vader's suit). Mostly you hear about a Sith Lord in Black Robes and Black Armor, this is one of the major symbols of a Sith Lord and we don't have it. Lets get some variations on this.

- My second suggestion ties with the first. I'd like to see a way to dye my characters armor different colors. The unify color toggle was an excellent start but I'd like to see this go one step further and just let us dye our clothes outright.

- Next I'd like to see a "barber shop" or a way to change my characters appearance. Changing a characters appearance is important in keeping them fresh.

- I think that Dual spec should be added, and quickly. I cannot stress this one enough. The reason I feel it's such an important addition to the game is because without it you have people less willing to play the "needed" roles such as Tank and Healer. If you are going to follow the standard "class" role requirement (Tank, Healer and DPS) you need to offer the option to switch between that and a more viable "solo" spec (DPS). As someone who plays a Tank I can tell you that it's boring and tedious to solo content as a tank and much more satisfying and fun to solo as a DPS.

+ And if I could venture a long term suggestion? I'd say do away with class roles altogether. It's a dated system quite annoying. Step outside the box adjust the fights (I know this is a huge task for the already created content) but doing away with class roles would open up so many possibilities. If everyone could effectively heal themselves, do good damage and take a fair bit of damage I think you would have a much easier time balancing the classes for PvP and PvE. Not to mention creating some fantastic fight mechanics while giving people a chance to experience every part of a fight. No one would get bored doing the same fight over and over with the same character because each time they could be doing something different (based on how you create the boss encounters). The LFG tool would also have even less wait times. No more waiting for a tank or healer to queue up, you'd just have to wait for 4 people to queue and away the group goes. Again this would open up options, lots of them for both players and Bioware Dev's.

- For the UI I have a few changes I'd like to suggest:

- Ability to change the UI color. Blue is nice but I'm a Sith at heart, I'd like to see red as an option.

- I'd like to have a way to copy my keybindings from one character to the other. As it stands now I have to do this manually for every character I create. This gets annoying doing it 8 times so far.

- There should be some way to check both Threat meters and DPS in game. Give it a toggle so I can turn it on and off as needed.

To the OP I'd like to thank you for making this thread, what an excellent idea. I really hope Bioware takes what we players are asking for and runs with it. Everything I've seen in this thread so far has had me nodding my head in agreement.

To Bioware, I do really hope you take these (not just mine but everyone's) suggestions seriously and we start seeing some of them implemented soon. You've been saying over the past few weeks that the game is about options. That's what you said about F2P (which I think can only help the game). Everything I've suggested, and what everyone else is suggesting, is about options. Options to play how WE want to play.

Animations breaking the flow of actions. One example is having to wait for the jedi knight Strike ability to finish its animation before you're able to loot. I'm sure there's plenty more examples, just one that springs to mind.

Actions should always have priority over animations playing out, it does wonders for the immersion of the combat system. Would really love to see a clip off of the any current animation whenever a new action is being entered.

Also on the note of this, it would mean a lot to the feel of the combat if damage was dished out directly when you hit the buttons, not after the animation has been played. Some skills has quite a delay, such as vicious slash/slash for example, that deals damage nearly a second after you've hit the key.

QoL issue: Make the commendation categories movable, having to scroll through the list of mostly redundant planet commendations to see how many pvp commendations you have is a bit of a chore.

Typo-ish: The title Knight of the Republic should have a comma following your character's name. I.e. Goofy, Knight of the Republic, not Goofy Knight of the Republic as it currently is.

Edited by Jandoon

I apologize if some of these are repeats:

Website

Logging in should not redirect you to the home page

This just happened to me actually. I find this thread, hit reply and logged in when prompted. I was then taken back to the home page and had to find my way back to this thread. After logging in I should have seen the "Reply to Thread" page.

Game

Dual Specialization

I don't need to change from a sorcerer to an assassin but what I need is a way to change between my healing PvP and my healing PvE setup. We run ops Tues./Thur. and have a PvP night on Wednesday and at some point on the weekend. So I switch specs at least 3-4 times a week and each time I have to:

1. Pay the respec fee (increasing each time)
  2. Look up which tree I want ( I have them saved on a site so I can actually remember)
  3. Change my action bars to match the new tree

I know it doesn't seem like much, but when you do it multiple times each week it just kinda takes the fun out of the game. There are some nights I don't want to do PvP or PvE just because I don't feel like changing specs.

The reply system

I have seen multiple people mention this one, I just wanted to add my name in there as another person that finds this broken.

PVP General:

The constant stun lock is annoying and your resolve bar is a nice idea but needs def improvement!

Give us a buff in Warzones which increases the cool down time for stunning abilities and decreases the the cool down for the cc breaking abilities.

PVP Voidstar:

The barrier lockout is inconsistent and bundled with "stun lock" - "instant death" demoralizing and makes you feel you wait 50% of the time instead of playing.

Just remove the barrier field completly! Give Every Door a mechanism which can be targeted and therefore destroyed.

Give the mechanism health points that equal 1 minutes of full dps of 8 players. Ad a little corridor to each spawning point of the defending side which requires about 2-3 additional seconds to get the objectives.

Locking people out of the games is simply poor design.

PVP Warzones:

Not enough variety! I dont understand why it takes you guys so long to get new warzones out! It doesn't have to be a complete different scenario all the time!

Give us varieties of Huttball, Alderaan and Denova at night, dont test your warzones too long yourself! Deploy them to the test server the PVP folk is willing to test anything new. You guys just watch the people play and balance on the fly!

Edited by GorZie

PVP CC is out of control. If I'm not stunned, I'm slowed, or I'm pulled, or pushed. Too many people have too much too often.

Papercuts stuff:

Animations that have you interacting or attacking something still allow you to rotate away from it. I was fixing an engine last night and rotated so my back was to the engine and I was facing away from it, but still fixing it. This is true with attacks as well.

I'd enjoy playing Voidstar more if the doors had a health bar to be destroyed instead of bombs that you have to channel and not get interrupted to detonate. Way too easy to interrupt someone, there's plenty of times I'll get frustrated because there's no progress at all in Voidstar. Don't let the defenders repair the door either, or you're back to Voidstar being frustrating.

Alderaan just isn't any fun to me because it's insanely easier to defend the turrets than attack. First team to cap two turrets almost always seems to win. Make turret fire less potent the more people around it, maybe they're draining the energy from it. Give the people attacking a chance to actually take it. Or shut down the turrets after a certain amount of damage is done, and buff the losing team with something like a chance to avoid interrupts or a shorter cast time.

Huttball let me find an easier way to pass the ball. I usually heal when PvP, and I'm not going to waste one of my already overfilled action bars with "pass the huttball." So if someone throws it to me, it's just as good as fumbling, I have to open my abilities and find the action button, find someone i can throw it to, and successfully pass it. Let me just toggle off that I want to carry it, or make it easier to get rid of. Maybe even make the "pass" ability it's own UI element or link it to another action like jumping. Even a text command to toss it to the person I have targeted would be easier than it is now.

The most annoying thing for me is long coats and speeders of any shape or form! :mad:

The way a long coat always hangs straight through the middle of the seat and mechanical parts of the speeder to dangle underneath the speeder after slicing it in half, instead of either bunching up on the seat, being sat on by the rider or flapping over one side or the other of the seat.

As travel on a speeder is a large part of the game I find this totally immersion breaking! :(

I spent over 100k credits on some Legacy Perks (Speeder, Companion Affection, Shuttle to Capital, Class Mission XP, and others) on my bounty hunter. I log into my SI and decide to call in a shuttle to Dromund Kaas. So I open up my Ability: Legacy tab and discover the ability is not there. I move on over to my Legacy: Character Perks tab and discover that not only is that ability greyed out, but so are the others I bought.

I could have sworn Legacy abilities were supposed to spread out across the Legacy, which covers every character I have on that realm. Tell me this is a fixable bug and that some nameless dev did not stare at his finished product and decide that yes, every character across the Legacy would have to buy their own Character Perks.

I was told this is not a bug and in my opinion, it makes the Legacy feature nearly useless. An extra buff and Presence enhancement does very little for leveling. Please redo this. I don't plan on pouring anymore money into it until then.

It was not until after I saw this thread that I realized there was a place for my musings. Therefor, I will link my own thread to this thread, because my observations are indeed paper cuts.

A Plethora of Ideas spanning PvP and General Gameplay.

Since posting this I have had a few other points I would like to address, points to make at both other players and at general various things again.

Someone suggested that the doors in voidstar should have a healthbar?

I disagree with this. Whole heartedly. The warzone would then become entirely too easy, and no one would focus on the players. It would be a battle to drop AoEs on the door and ranged to nuke it asap, it would ruin the aspects of defense and assault. The bomb planting is fine. Defusing should take at least five seconds, not three however. After all the hard work of planting a bomb, it is entirely too easy to remove it. Very disheartening.

Furthermore, the spawn door on the defender side takes so long it awards a nice little deserter debuff. The door takes way too long. Make it thirty seconds and be done with the annoyance. If it ends up making it so that no one can ever plant a bomb because people spawn too often, decrease the plant timer to six seconds.

Novare Coast, and this one pisses me the hell off, is entirely too easy for people to capture. Seriously, you stand forty feet away, and you can cap? I can be AoE nuking everyone in the bunker and my healer trying to keep me up and some dinkus caps from all the way across the map! PLEASE LIMIT THIS CAPTURE POINT TO BUNKER DISTANCE ONLY! YOU SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS A TERMINAL THAT IS NOT WITHIN ARMS REACH!

Please make future PvP gear less silly. Some of the sith have entirely too pointy pieces, and the BH pieces are very mercenary. Make something more Mandalorian, please, and something that doesn't look silly on a body type two. The PvP gear for powertechs is EXTREMELY oversized for a smaller body type character like my own. It just looks goofy. Hey, you know what would be an amazing idea? Make a forums event out of the PLAYERS voting on the design for the next PvP sets. First second and third places should determine the gear that ends up in the game. The favourite gear becomes the hardest to attain, because it should look amazing at top quality, and the lower quality the less favourite gear gets input. Do you know how happy it would make your community to let us have some kind of say so in a content release? Even if it was just fifteen pieces of armour?

The release of Adaptive Armouring has been most pleasing to me. I like it. It's a great idea, great job Bioware. Now let's see it on a speeder, specifically the epic speeder drops and event speeders. Maybe introduce a legacy speeder, even? Bind to legacy, adaptive to speeder skill?

For aesthetics, I would like for certain items to be held by anyone. This irks me; Torian Cadera can use technstaes but not vibrostaves. What is the difference? It's very frustrating to have to spend so much money dissecting items for the mods to put in his techstaff.

Bounty hunters should get a jedi/sith companion some day. Would be pro. Storyline idea: "Jedi killer" brings down a force user, instead of killing them offers them mercy, they indebt themself to his superiority (Sith), or vow to put the opportunity to good use seeing that he shows others mercy (Jedi, after convincing the bh that he isn't so evil that killing is necessary).

Cross-factional armour, some sith RP as jedi and some Jedi RP as sith. Let us wear each others' gear please. I'd also love to be a bounty hunter in a cowboy outfit. Come on, how cool would that be? Those cowboy hats are freaking awesome.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!

In the Bounty Hunter storyline on Alderaan, it is possible to attain several titles. As a female, you can become Homewrecker, Baroness, or Knight of Alderaan. Yes, the FEMALE BHs can get the Knight title. This is INFURIATING!

MALE BOUNTY HUNTERS CAN NOT GET THE TITLE BARON! In fact, I selected the male equivalent that SHOULD have awarded me that title and I got NO title.

Females get THREE title options, MALES GET TWO! This is extremely unfair! I'm pissed about this! This is beyond papercut! This is the paper cutter gouging into my Jugular!

Troopers get military titles, jedi get rank titles, sith get rank titles, agents and smugglers get rank titles even! Captain and Cipher Agent! They have DISTINCT titles recognizing their place in society!

Bounty Hunters get NOTHING like this! I want to be a Baron! Please impliment a change in the storyline quest to award this title and retroactively apply a fix to all the bounty hunters who did not get either Homewrecker or Knight of Alderaan to give them the title they should have earned, Baron. It wouldn't be a hard fix!!!

I'm revisiting a previous topic here. Players should be able to choose which guns they do and don't use-- but not without reason. A Blaster pistol can't bullseye a man from a mile away, so obviously it can't replace a sniper rifle. Therefor I propose that the skills used by a class should stipulate which weapon they require to work, this way gameplay is not effected by aesthetics. As a bounty hunter, it seems reasonable to believe that I can use a sniper rifle to assassinate someone, or a heavy cannon if I wanted to. That is to say that all soldiers, and in fact you yourself show it in cinematics, carry a pistol as a sidearm. I'd like to be able to walk around carrying these items, especially as a roleplayer. All manner of blades should be equippable by the force users, for the same reason. That is NOT to say that a sorc should duel wield, but if they want to carry a doublesided saber for show they should be allowed to. What the heck would stop a real jedi from doing that? Surely not game physics, if Jedi were real they'd choose whatever weapon they freaking wanted.

This concludes my papercuts for now. I know that I have left things out, so I will return eventually to share them.

I was told this is not a bug and in my opinion, it makes the Legacy feature nearly useless. An extra buff and Presence enhancement does very little for leveling. Please redo this. I don't plan on pouring anymore money into it until then.

In response to you, and to the fellow you quoted:

THE CHARACTER PERKS ABILITIES ALL STATE AT THE BOTTOM OF THEIR INFORMATION THAT THEY APPLY ONLY TO THE CHARACTER YOU BOUGHT THEM FOR!

Bioware will be happy to remove the skill and refund you the money to spend on another character, I have done that with them.

HOWEVER!

I strongly believe that this should be changed. I can understand segregating to single-character the crafting, companion, and levelling perks, because that would make the game too easy.

But the priority transports, the mail and repair droids, and the speeders should be universal to the entire legacy.

Hit the gym, Mako

Variety is the spice of life. The customization kits are a nice way to personalize your companions... but there's only so many ways to put your personal stamp on your crew. I love my crew members, but I wish they had some of the same customization options that I had at the character selection screen. I don't mean for it to go as far as changing species (certainly wouldn't make sense for story purposes) but I would like to go as far as change their body types. I want a buff Mako. Don't judge me. That's just the little Naasir touch I'd like to put on her. At the end of the day it's MY crew and they're part of MY character.

Blizz, did you get the groceries?

This is partly laziness on my part. When I level up an alt, I like to keep my crew skills up to level. Sometimes I manage to power through a crafting skill, but while I'm only half way through a planet and caught up in a mission, I've run out of schematics that will level up my crafting skill. Thus, I just continue to level and by the time I get back to fleet, most of the new schematics aren't very useful to me on my journey, so I just make them, RE them for the mat returns, and learn the next group of schematics to play catch up. To keep my crafting always relevant with my level, I would like to be able to send a crew member out on a mission to learn new schematics. After all, he/she is the one making them in the first place.

Photoshop Will Fix it

Buffs on the character portrait are a bit... cluttered. Filtering them would be nice, but what I would like in addition to that is an aesthetically pleasing overlay to represent important procs and timers. For example, Tactical Advantage or the duration of Supercharge. The art on the character models is nice, but sometimes the battle is hectic and you just can't squint at these things.

A breath of life

I'm sure it's been mentioned before. The discover, destroy, defend, deliver style of questing has been dressed up well and given context, however the mobs out there in the world need a breath of life. They should be doing a bit more than just standing around waiting for me to collect their precious bantha butts. Some of them do have some life, for example a squad leader pacing back and forth in front of his grunts, or the Imp and Pub troops on Illum having a fire fight. More of that please! The more life the better. It makes the extermination of their life all the better. :rak_03: Seeing the carnage would be more entertaining than adding the bantha butt to my quest inventory.

TMI, people! TMI!

I've said it somewhere else before, but I don't really care if another player is "Commander Bilybob, Grand Pooba of the Magical Journey!" There should be some options to hide other players' titles and Legacy titles. It's just a bit too much clutter. If I wanna take note of it, I'll check the tooltip when I hover over them.

The Legacy Network

Legacy. Love it. Always room for improvement of course. The Legacy is something I would like to share with my friends though. Family trees are nice... but I wanna show it off! It would be nice to view a persons Legacy, maybe even add some notes or bio info for your characters, or even entire profiles. Furthermore, I have friends who are altoholics (like myself) and we have trouble keeping our friends list up to date. It would be nice to add a Legacy to your friend list, so you can always stay updated with whatever antics you're friends are up to.