A Thousand Papercuts

cyrus_krell

Excellent thread and it's good to see the community working together!

I agree with almost all posts that have been made, and I'd like to add mines to the list:

- Lightsaber's idle sound: One of the most iconic sound of the universe is gone since, if I remember right, the patch 1.2.... You can still hear the blade sounds when swinging it, but when just standing in combat position, nothing. Some might think it's not a big deal, but for me it's a big part of the immersion. I'm missing that vibrating sound of the movies that makes me feel like the blade is alive.

- Companions on ship: i feel like i have statues aboard my ship instead of companions. I would be interesting to see companions in their daily activities, such as Jorgan disassembling guns, then ask him for a lover dinner, or Zenith in big discussion by holo with a politician, etc.

- Codex shared across Legacy: this one has already been said, but it's one that i would really love. Maybe adding to it a "check list" of the codex you have find on multiple characters (ex: i have discovered the datacron X on my main, but i don't have it yet on my second toon)

- Music loops!!! The musical universe of Star Wars is so beautiful that I'm really sad when i hear the end of the music. I pay a lot of attention to the sounds in all the games i play, and usually when possible i loop the background music. And I'm a big fan of John William ^^

That's about it. There is probably a couple of other things that i came used to, but for now they don't pop into my head or has already been mentioned a lot.

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great thread! I have a few that've been really bothering me. I'll just post the ones I think easiest to implement. :)

Increase stacks of mats to 999. (Maybe a legacy upgradeable??)

-Quality of life for bulk crafters :csw_bluesaber::wea_03:

Increase selling capacity on the auction house to 100 (legacy upgrade?)

-Quality of life for power sellers :sy_item:

New gear slot that captures set piece bonuses.

-Quality of life for end game wanting to wear their consistent RP-gear :sy_armor:

New gear slot for blaster sounds

-Quality of life for folks who prefer a specific blaster sound :sy_blaster:

:ph_thank_you:

Many thanks to the OP.

I've read through all of the first 22 pages so far. I sincerely hope the community and dev teams do so as well.

My Papercuts: (some may have been mentioned previously)

1. Lack of a Zoom feature and weapon preview in the dressing room. As a bounty hunter, I wanted to have matching blasters. I don't want to run around with what looks like a small snub nosed 45 in one hand and a big concrete drill looking thing in the other. The weapon icons don't necessarily reflect what the actual weapon will look like. I've wasted many credits trying to find a cool set of blasters. An updated dressing room will solve a lot of post gear acquisition frustration.

2. I want to be able to whisper guild members from the guild pane at any time I need to. I should not have to perform a who <guild name> almost every time just to whisper one of our guildies.

3. The buffs, debuffs, and dots are way too small for some of us players to see. And when split seconds matter, we don't have time to hover over the icons to see what they are. Either make them scalable or detach them into their own scalable UI frame. An alternative would be to have a colored border on the members in the raid frames which indicate not only who has aggro but also who has a debuff or dot that can be cleansed and who is already getting incoming heals. This would help the healers out a lot.

4. When I am running around using rapid shots healing as a bounty hunter, at times, the weapons will disappear from my hands and are floating in the air healing someone from another part of the room.

5. When healing a team member with rapid shots, it's quite annoying that I'll automatically acquire a target of target and accidentally fire on the mob that the member that I am trying to heal is attacking and pull aggro on myself.

6. Oh it's been a while, please fix the BH unload animation loop bug. It gets really annoying when you have more than one bounty hunter in group and they all bug out at the same time. It's loud.

7. Lack of Day and Night Cycles. The one image that sticks out in my mind from the original Star Wars trilogy was the awesome twin sunset on Tatooine. Luke's real adventure didn't begin until after sunset. His encounter with the sand people was during the night. He met old Ben Kenobi during the night and spent the rest of the night talking with him.

For and older mmo, WoW did a really nice implementation of a day and night cycle with both sunrise and sunset as well as moonrise and moonset. Their day time is longer than their night time. Events other than class story related could be triggered by day and night cycles such as higher activities of certain resistance forces, predatory beasts, black ops, etc. to add some variation in the world environments.

8. Lack of player character participation in Crew Quests. They are your crew. You should be able to go with them on their quests. There are too few of them in game.

9. Lack of story content at level cap. Playing the story in swtor is kind of like being an actor in a star wars series. But the season is over way too soon and then it's a very long season of reruns. A couple of things that will help during the interlude would be doing away with the daily grind quests the way they are and mix it up with additional quests and dialog so it's not the same thing every day. Have a sort of kiosk that assigns a group of go meet someone quests who then hand out quests that are tailored to the party you are grouped with which is challenging, rewarding, and entertaining including socially entertaining. Also as mentioned above, replace the class quests during the interlude with crew quests. There is a lot of untapped story and adventure there.

10. Fortunately I've only rarely come across this, but it's sort of creepy when I find one. While leveling and coming up to a nice looking female vendor npc, I don't expect them to greet me in a deep masculine voice. I have to stop and do a double take, re-examine their face and body to make sure I'm not confused before interacting with them again.

11. Having the sort feature disappear from the guild frame randomly. Current workaround is ctrl U twice.

My Wife's papercuts:

1. As a female player playing a female jugg tank, she wants to wear lower robes instead of pants as part of her gear set but the boots always clip through the lower robes.

2. She does not use auto target and wants to be able to toss her lightsaber or leap to the target she is facing and not hit or leap to the cc'd mob behind her which she marked before the initial pull.

Another thing that I found quite surprising is that the hero game engine has a very extensive and feature rich character creator which rivals that of many games. I have no idea why they found it necessary to limit our character creation options down so drastically. I hope that they will revisit this decision and open up the other feature sets available and perhaps give those of us who already created characters, a one time option to refine the looks of our characters. Perhaps adding a secondary tab for fine tune adjustments for face, eyes, ears, nose, lips, jaw, etc.

From their website: Powerful morphing technology allows nearly limitless customization options, quickly and easily. Full Body morphing technology allows you to set morph targets that can be adjusted by any mechanism you desire. Using these simple morph targets, HeroEngine automatically morphs the rest of the character — even its skeletal system if need be. Use the Facial morphing controls to let players customize their appearance. Hundreds of facial controls are included, and adding more is simple. To top it all off, everything is integrated into the facial expressions and lip synching tools

Also: HeroEngine integrates Three Point and Ambient-Diffuse lighting options directly into the HeroBlade client. The addition of timelines into environmental lighting allows for a quick implementation of a day and night cycle with dynamically changing shadows.

Also if you dig some on their site you will see a demo of them creating a water way which includes a character running into it and then swimming. Lots of possibilities.

few more things

-pets don't stealth with you

-sometimes, the speeder map tells you you can go somewhere, but when you click it, it says "out of range" (big example is trying to get to most places on coruscant from the jedi temple speeder)

7. Lack of Day and Night Cycles. The one image that sticks out in my mind from the original Star Wars trilogy was the awesome twin sunset on Tatooine. Luke's real adventure didn't begin until after sunset. His encounter with the sand people was during the night. He met old Ben Kenobi during the night and spent the rest of the night talking with him.

For and older mmo, WoW did a really nice implementation of a day and night cycle with both sunrise and sunset as well as moonrise and moonset. Their day time is longer than their night time. Events other than class story related could be triggered by day and night cycles such as higher activities of certain resistance forces, predatory beasts, black ops, etc. to add some variation in the world environments.

Good suggestions, but this one angers me, you're remembering the movie wrong, doesn't make it less of a valid point, but you need to see the movie again mate

I am sure some, if not all, of these are repeats ... however, I don't have time to read all replies to the OP. I realize this will sound overly-critical, just keep in mind I am a rabidly enthusiastic fan of the game.

• SGRAs. We haven't heard any updates since shortly after launch.
  • Three words: Slave Boy Outfit! Just saying: Equal Opportunity and what-not.
  • Legacy Bank to share items between all toons. Also, having to mail everything is costly (eventually) and time-consuming.
  • Shared credits between all toons.
  • Social and valor shared level: Levelling up social and valor takes a hot minute, and doing it for 8 toons is a pain.
  • More Legacy unlocks for high-level (Legacy 35+). Legacy is shared, why can't we share social and valor?
  • Companion color-matching. PLEASE.
  • Quick Travel to ship.
  • Too many credit sinks and time sinks: Lower costs of unlocks and item ripping, and can we have an option to skip orbital stations?
  • The companion persistent weapon issue is highly annoying.
  • Craftable PURPLE crystals of all levels. Since pre-launch, purple crystals were the "Inquisitor" color, yet it's impossible to get them until end-game and still difficult even then.
  • NEXU PET. Just saying. I want an evil, spiked kitty. I mean, Alanna Solo has one in the Extended Universe. Please.
  • More color combinations for armoring (all of the good clothing designers apparently work for the Empire) ;). More purple ... for instance ... on both factions. And some black/grey for the Republic would be nice, afterall Luke wore all black in Return of the Jedi.
  • A way to preview weapon appearance.
  • More character slots ... ASAP. I need a 12-step program for my altaholism.
  • More variety of rewards for Live Events: yes, I'm referring to the 90% speeder. 90% ...
  • Grey relics. My BH needs some that I can use.

#1 Legacy Surnames: This has irritated me so much I've almost quit over it just cause I find the system so stupidly restrictive. In beta, when they rolled out the legacy plans and announced all characters for a player would share the same last name 70%+ of players (via an actual poll) were against that and wanted it changed. Instead of fixing it, the thread was deleted at the ends of beta as is customary and EA/Bioware went with it as is.

So on the first server I played on I got my legacy name, and it really on fit one character, so I didn't bother using it at all for anyone else, and after switching servers, even though I've had the option, I still haven't bothered to select my legacy name because finding one that fits all characters of both factions is an exercise in frustration.

I wanted 8 characters with their own unique stories, names and histories, not 8 characters all with the same last name, despite no contact, no sharing of blood, being of different species, factions, etc. The system literally makes no sense!

#2 Legacy XP and Bonuses should be account wide: Pretty self explanatory. When I switched servers I was completely frustrated that I had lost everything experience wise and bonus wise that I had worked for on my then dead server at the time. Limiting this to a single server is restrictive and shows a lack of foresight.

#3 Can't modify appearance after character creation: Can't change hairstyles, add scars, etc. Such a complete lack of a standard system in most modern MMOs.

#4 The appearance system in general. This orange gear stuff and paying hundreds of thousands of credits to switch mods, etc., is just a complete exercise in frustration and tedium. OP has it right that something like DCU, which allowed remembered styles and color customization was far superior. Even a Rift style system with dyes and separate appearance slots would be far superior to what was put in place here. Unify colors to chest piece really is just a boring option in place of actually allowing us to modify colors of items as we see fit.

#5 The inability to raise and lower hoods. My first character was a Jedi Guardian. I stopped playing him when every outfit I got had a hood up which blocked his face in cut-scenes and caused his hair to disappear so he looked bald when he wasn't. I still won't play Jedis until that issue is resolved.

To add some of my own "paper cuts"

I'll be speaking from a pure Roleplay perspective as everything else I feel is an issue has been addressed in the opening post. and many subsequent posts.

COMMUNICATION

-Chat Bubbles. It is extremely difficult to keep track of who's saying what in a crowded RP environment. Chat bubbles would make RP less tedious, and more fun.

-The range of /say, is, just, enormous. It needs to be scaled back a lot. Presently, I can hear conversations far beyond what my character should reasonably be able to hear. It just doesn't make sense to hear what people 30 meters away are saying.

-The range of /e is at least double what /say is, while it makes sense you should be able to read the emotes of anyone you can actually see, more often than not it just ends up cluttering the chat box with emotes from people who are in other rooms, or on other floors. Make it work on line of sight if possible, else, just lower the range to be equal to /s.

-Only /say works cross faction. /e, and /y do not, but really should. /e is meant to be for emotes, presently we have to *Put our emotes in /s which further clutters that channel.*

CHARACTER ANIMATIONS

-Stiff Characters: Presently, our characters aren't very animated when standing idle. Which is fine, but I'd like to see a system which allows us to set the posture of our characters so we can make them seem more life like, or fit into their situations better. The animated cut scenes, and even NPCs have tons of different poses, all beautifully animated, such as standing with their arms folded, standing with their hands neatly behind their backs, standing around working a console, it goes on and on. Why can't we make use of those animations for our Roleplay?

-Relating to the point above, it would be very nice if our characters would automatically perform a talking animation when they speak in /s. It would just make the characters feel more alive. Right now, a roleplay cantina setting looks like a bunch of inanimate stiffs standing around a bar, animating the characters some more would go a very long way to making the setting seem more lively.

POST CREATION CUSTOMIZATION

-People often end up regretting the choices they made at initial character creation. If you're level 50, and something in the look of your character really bothers you, you have no way to change it. The end result for many is that they end up feeling less attached to their character. The game lore has some very advanced means of cosmetic surgery, such as the illegal one you get to shut down on Coruscant(sp?). Why not make such a thing available to players somehow, let us change our faces, add scars, remove scars, whatever?

-A simple barber shop would be a welcome addition to the game, just to allow us to play with our hair styles.

INTERACTIVE ENVIRONMENTS

-More sittable chairs needed. Put simply, it is annoying that we only have one sit animation. The game world has plenty of chairs, but only a few on our ships can be sat on. Making things like bar stools, couches, and the like interactive would go a very long way to making the world feel more alive. Especially that couch on our ships, the thing is so immersion breaking it isn't even funny!

-Allow more players to board our ships. Not sure if this fits in this category. But allowing up to a full sized ops group to enter a single player's ship would be a most welcome ability for Roleplay. Currently, I can only bring up to three friends onto the ship with me, and have to leave the rest behind. The trooper ship for example is so well designed that it offers many possibilities for roleplay, but can't be taken full advantage of due to the limitations on the group size which can board a player ship.

-Useable Kolto Tanks? I don't know if this is feasible, but it would be pure awesome-sauce! Especially if we could use the Kolto tanks aboard most player ships. (I know not all of them have one, but it could be a good time to add them in, and make them usable.)

COSMETIC FLUFF

-No MMO can ever have enough fluff. Fluff items include costumes (No more sand people outfits please), pets, mounts, vanity items, ergonomic chairs... Things like the Rythem Augmentation Droid, the Party grenade, the social badge, the glitter bombs. I could spit out hundreds of ideas for more fluff items, but I worry that BioWare and EA will only be making these available through the cartel coin system. The ability to go out and gather these things in game, gives us something to do when we're not raiding, or playing Warzones. The mask of Darth Nihilus for example, could have made for an awesome quest discovered though some obscure means to send players hunting clues around the galaxy to track it down and claim it.

CREDIT SINKS

-Adding Augments is incredibly expensive and tedious. First you have to buy the Augmentation Kits on the GTN for whatever the going rate is, then you have to buy the augments, and then you have to pay to install the augment slots. The credit sink is the money that changed hands via the GTN, it shouldn't be evaporating into nothingness. That isn't fun, it's just annoying, and come upgrade time, is frustrating beyond my ability to express in words. I should be saving my credits to buy fun things, not wasting them on unnecessary credit sinks.

-Removing mods from armor. The higher the level of the armor, the more it costs to extract the modifications. This is an utterly pointless and frustrating money sink. It prevents you from experimenting with different modifications, and it prevents you from changing your looks whenever you feel like it. It's just frustrating, it isn't fun at all to watch all my hard earned credits evaporate.

Just get rid of all the credit sinks attached to the modifications on armor. Crafters should be profiting from creation and sale of modifications. Not having their customers waste their credits on pointless sinks.

Edited by The_Raven_Lord

Ive wrote all of my suggestions of this thread http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5038600#post5038600p and also i still think the new space combat missions are gona be ******** because its the same boring stuff and from what they put in the latest trailer with the new Cathar species only thing they changed was that they added more boxes around the space station, ***??? What are those boxes anyway?! :rak_02:

- Remove the mods extraction costs. They serve no other purpose then credit sink and with 100k per item they significantly limit customization options and are not proportional to what you receive (said customization). It costs at least 700k credits to change your outfit in mod removal costs alone. It should be 100-200k or free.

- Increase dressing room resolution. Add the option for color unification and weapon display in the dressing room. Add an option to unify color to any piece of gear.

- Buffs and debuffs display. Especially in the ops window. Give us options.

- /readycheck

- Group finder: make it teleport us back to the location where we travel from or better, give us an option to exit area to entrance or to the original location.

- Warzone deserter debuff

- Chat bubbles

- Better space (not better rail shooter) is not a papercut I guess :)?

Edited by vandana_

Couple more ideas to make cruising slightly better:

- do not dismount the speeder when activating a shield. Shield helps against getting knocked off so easily

- allow using force speed while on a speeder. Would be nice to dash through annoying places

Okay, here's a papercut that I've had for a while and have just recently thought of.

My Inquisitor is a healer. Exclusively. I leveled as Corruption and my guild and I have an agreement that they don't ask me to DPS. It's just a personal preference.

That said, I use Ops frames exlusively. For Ops and grouping. I have my UI set up so I can quickly target my companion for heals with a hotkey. However, when grouping with others for such things as Torvix or just doing dailies and we're using companions, I have no way to be able to quickly target companions. Yes, I know there are hotkeys for them, but I am not familiar with them, and they are probably key combos that I wouldn't use anyway. I could set up my own keybinds for them, but that's a pain and then I'd have to remember yet another set of keybinds.

A workaround is to Focus Target (Alt-F) someone's companion. But every time we get on a speeder, go through an elevator, change phases, I lose my focus target (which is really really annoying).

Yes, I could use Party Frames that displays companions, but I don't like the Party Frames and they don't fit on the right side of my monitor as nicely as Ops frames. What I want is for companions to be able to be displayed in the Ops frames, so I can do my job and heal them when I'm with someone and they're out.

Push F1 and you target yourself, push it again and you target your companion :)

Push F1 and you target yourself, push it again and you target your companion :)

My companion and myself are not the problem, as I stated in my post. I already have a hotkey for my own companion (and 2 keyclicks to target my companion is one keyclick too many IMO, default keybinds are not always the best ones to use), and since I have ops frames and a Naga mouse, it's not hard to target/heal myself. The problem is other people's companions.

Besides, the F-keys are way out of range of where I keep my hands on the keyboard plus they do not work as Function keys in Bootcamp.

Edited by Pairaka

I can't stay away from this thread, so here's another one:

Character models for children

Someone needs to revisit the bodies used for children NPCs in the game. They have the faces and voices of little kids, but the bodies of adults. Using the scrawny man's model almost works for boys, but having a curvy woman's body for a little girl is just creepy.

I remember being particularly creeped out by Renalda, that little girl in the Justicar sector of Coruscant whose brother was taken away. She had a little kid's face and a young girl's voice, but a fit, athletic woman's body.

Edited by Kalabakk

Couple more ideas to make cruising slightly better:

- do not dismount the speeder when activating a shield. Shield helps against getting knocked off so easily

- allow using force speed while on a speeder. Would be nice to dash through annoying places

I thought speeders were for getting between combat areas easily- not bypassing them

I currently have this peeve when i click to start a conversation while I'm on a speeder. Apparently when I do this my equipped companion doesn't load up in time to be in the cinematic. If this could be fixed I would appreciate it, since gaining companion affection is my current SWTOR goal.:rak_03:

I wholeheartedly disagree with some of the original poster's suggestions, specifically and especially the gear suggestion and the suggestion for alternately colored reply text. When BioWare first started talking about their gear for SWTOR, it was their assertion that Jedi Knights ought to look like Jedi Knights: Troopers like Troopers, Operatives like Operatives... so on and so forth. The relentless homogenization of class looks has continued with the unfortunate removal of class restrictions on many pieces of orange gear. I ought to be able to look at a character and tell by what they are wearing, instantaneously, without looking at their weapon, or the abilities they use, what class they are. In the current state of the game, this is impossible.

I also am not in favor of having alternately colored text for replies in chat. I have gotten used to chat the way that it is and I don't think it is wise to make such a sweeping change on the whim of one person (notice the OP did NOT suggest to make it an option). I like my chat just the way it is. Furthermore, I would suggest that there are a thousand papercuts that cut much more deeply than this does.

In terms of my suggestion, the amount of colors for lightsabers really needs to be addressed. Not only has the unfortunate step been taken to remove many of the Light and Dark side restrictions on lightsaber colors, there is an obscene amount of colors to choose from. This rainbow cornucopia is unrealistic and unwanted.

Red, Green, Blue, and sometimes (extremely rarely) Purple.

I wholeheartedly disagree with some of the original poster's suggestions, specifically and especially the gear suggestion and the suggestion for alternately colored reply text. When BioWare first started talking about their gear for SWTOR, it was their assertion that Jedi Knights ought to look like Jedi Knights: Troopers like Troopers, Operatives like Operatives... so on and so forth. The relentless homogenization of class looks has continued with the unfortunate removal of class restrictions on many pieces of orange gear. I ought to be able to look at a character and tell by what they are wearing, instantaneously, without looking at their weapon, or the abilities they use, what class they are. In the current state of the game, this is impossible.

I also am not in favor of having alternately colored text for replies in chat. I have gotten used to chat the way that it is and I don't think it is wise to make such a sweeping change on the whim of one person (notice the OP did NOT suggest to make it an option). I like my chat just the way it is. Furthermore, I would suggest that there are a thousand papercuts that cut much more deeply than this does.

In terms of my suggestion, the amount of colors for lightsabers really needs to be addressed. Not only has the unfortunate step been taken to remove many of the Light and Dark side restrictions on lightsaber colors, there is an obscene amount of colors to choose from. This rainbow cornucopia is unrealistic and unwanted.

Red, Green, Blue, and sometimes (extremely rarely) Purple.

bla bla bla...

Envy is what this translates to.

To me this is without a doubt the most important thing that needs to be done to the leveling experience. Change when the music plays. Right now when music plays while in a cutscene or even just in combat , it constantly and rapidly changes to another music track. I know you're trying to make the music change according to what's happening on screen, but it doesn't work at all. When you're getting into the game the music changes too quickly to something else and completely ruins the immersion. Sometimes music even overlaps other tracks! That's really poor presentation of a game that's actually pretty good. I'm really shocked because KOTOR is not like this at all, why did you change this??? Let music tracks finish FULLY and make the right music play for the right scenes. You're making your game f2p for your single player experience. Fix this before you do that. And add an option to looping music too.

Thank you for providing a differing point of view. I can reasonably understand your position on these matters. Not everyone is meant to agree on everything all the time, and I believe that there is much to learn from other opinions.

Now, in response to your criticisms, I would like to proffer a few points to consider (consideration is all I ask, feel free to disagree with them) regarding my suggestion (and that's all it is; I do open the concept to discussion and feedback) for gear style changes:

Point the first: the majority in the community for this game, and indeed of many other MMOs, greatly desire the ability to customize their appearances as they see fit. It's rather dull and harder to discern anyone if everyone has the same body type, robe, and color of lightsaber. To that end, they are even willing to back up that desire with hard currency.

Secondly, the developers have stated they wish to include greater character customization options, and have already made many changes to do so, with plans to continue said direction in content production as it relates to this matter.

Finally, in any decently written story or developed universe (or, indeed, the real one), no character or person should be limited to a certain appearance befitting their mode of occupation or ability. To elucidate: Luke wasn't always dressed in white, or in the black robes, or had on his flight suit, but rather had an assortment of clothing styles afforded him by the setting he was in, what he was used to wearing, simply desired to wear, or the utility requirements of his given tasks. While it is true that all construction workers (are supposed to) wear hardhats, not all of them wear jeans and flannel. So, too, should it be that all Force users ought have a weapon befitting their class, but not always wear robes or armor.

Operatives, on the other hand, are a trickier matter in that the very nature of their occupation (the spy business), and indeed their survivability, requires that they were many hats. They're chameleons and so must appear in whatever garb that makes sense for their given assignment.

I also am not in favor of having alternately colored text for replies in chat. I have gotten used to chat the way that it is and I don't think it is wise to make such a sweeping change on the whim of one person (notice the OP did NOT suggest to make it an option). I like my chat just the way it is.

This isn't a vendetta or anything, I'm not out to ruin any specific person's game, so please don't take it personally.

As a point of order, you do illustrate my point in the "papercut" idea that the chat system as it's been is something you've grown accustomed to. To clarify and assuage your concerns, however, I would assume that any changes to the ability to further alter chat colors would be entirely optional. As such, if someone dislikes or fears the change, should it come, it is my suggestion that changing it back ought to be a simple matter.

Now, as I've been laid up with some kind of stomach bug the last couple of days, I haven't been able to keep up with the thread. I do apologize. I will, however, be going back over the last couple of pages to read the posts tomorrow.

Furthermore, I did catch someone's suggestion about compiling all the suggestions and listing all the papercuts in the original post. I think that's a good idea and would, perhaps, help a lot of people keep up with the thread without having to read all 22(?) pages of it, so I will be working on that over the next few days.

Thank you to everyone that's submitted their ideas and suggestions, even those with differing points of view. Please, keep them coming.

Edited by cyrus_krell

The ability to save a hotbar configuration.

I'd like to be able to save my hotbars, layout, which abilities are in which slots, hotkey bindings, etc; so that when I respec or change roles, I can reload the appropriate hotbar configuration.

This x 1000000. Especially tired of having to remap keybinds on every new alt I make.

i haven't had time to read every comment yet, but i super agree with reducing/removing credit cost of mod extraction. Customization should be fun, not a grind that reduces potential profits for crafters.

A big giant papercut - World Arcs not being able to be picked up again if accidentally dropped. Or even just repeated for fun. HUGE issue when the Voss datacron is linked to one such quest. I don't even understand what in the coding makes World Arcs special that they cant be picked up again, but FIX IT.

I am definitely on board with more and better legacy options: cheaper single character options or just let it apply to whole legacy - I have never had a problem of having too many credits and wishing for more sinks. A shared Cargo Hold and Wallet would be great, Codex even better, especially for datacrons! And shared Social Rank definitely. Valor Rank I can understand not being shared but would still be cool. Share titles that aren't linked to class story. Pets and vehicles I would like shared, but can understand from crafting position why vehicles might not be. When races unlock, I wanna be able to use the Racial social skill from other toons too (SW punish!). I would like Schematics to be shared across legacy, or even better have the ability to create an actual Schematic item that can be BoE traded, so I switch which of my toons is which craft with less penalty.

Kind of a random idea, but it would be fun if I could get like a family photo type screen shot of all my characters. Don't know how it could be done, but maybe a Legacy Room you could log into where you could switch among controlling each of your toons and move them around to position where you want. Could unlock different settings or backdrops for the room. Or just make it one of my ships. Perhaps the room could also include a hairstylist/geneticist who will let me change looks instead of being locked after character creation. Maybe even allow me to change species to one I unlocked after the toon was originally created?

I would like the option to pay to have something go from BoP to Legacy bind. I understand why it shouldn't be automatic - i don't want people in flashpoints rolling on stuff for alts. But endgame when mains are geared and it would be acceptable to gear up alts but they aren't yet geared enough to run it on the alt itself, let me be able to transfer loot somehow.

Another Legacy idea could be letting me summon companions from my other characters (could faction-lock if needed), or at least send them on crafting missions without having to log into each.

I want companion affection to be able to display before I pick conversation options like you can choose to display LS/DS. It's really tedious to have to replay conversations 4 times per character trying to min/max affection when I have 5 characters... Again, I'm not rolling in credits, so I can't afford enough gifts for 20+ companions.

Dual Spec would be a nice legacy unlock. Not the stupid in-field paid respec, but just being able to change between 2 full specs easily - NOT respec AC.

Games like pazaak and speeder racing I am not interested in myself, but think it would greatly improve the overall atmosphere of the game. I think it would be fun to make my BH companions race each other on speeders.

Multiplayer space missions. Or just more fun space missions in general. And fix the stupid mine level. I hate that you only get like 2.5 passes at the mine layer at the very end of a friggin long mission!

I want options to customize my ship's looks, interior and exterior. Also why does that door for escape pod exist? I want to be able to dance with all my companions at once, or at least have them move around the ship and interact in some way.

There should also be more dance emotes unlockable through legacy. A jukebox on your ship that doesnt require tokens. Cages or tanks to keep all my pets out in my ship. A mural of my class story on the walls of my room in the ship. Trophies of the Epic Enemies i've defeated on that character. Or put these things in Legacy Room idea so i can see all the class stories painted around the room. Maybe even all the companions, too.

I would like an option to sort codex by relative time event happened or person met instead of alphabetically, so i can kind of refresh on class story if i've been on an alt for too long.

I've seen a couple comments wanting Day and Night cycle. While I agree it would be cool, I remember from pre-launch the dev comments about how lighting was an issue for storytelling and making it pretty etc so the majority of planet will be static. However, I thought they had said that there would at least be a few zoned instances where you do a certain quest at night or at different times from normal planet, but after leveling 4 toons I can't recall a single exterior quest zone that differed temporally from the rest of the planet.

Perhaps a weak opinion, but I think it's silly that Sniper Rifles and Assault Cannons with same mods do more damage than Blaster Rifles. I understand why Snipers should out DPS operatives, but I just bought the Bind to Legacy Bowcaster I wanted for my Commando then realized that even after shelling out way too many credits to transfer mods, it would be worse than an Assault Cannon (which i dont believe any of the bowcastes are assault).

Edited by Huxxar
add a quote

I would love it if Bioware would finally allow better customization. As it is it's like they hate people who want to customize their characters.

Allow us to get/create/buy armor mods that allow us to get recruit and BM gear stats with the set bonus.

Reduce the cost of removing mods so it's cheap, not prohibitive.

Stop making the same armor look differently on reps and imps.

Add more armor pieces so we have something between the slave outfit and a burka to choose from. There's an appalling lack of short skirts, shorts, sleeveless tops, tops without weird appendages on the waist or chin, and so on.

-sometimes, the speeder map tells you you can go somewhere, but when you click it, it says "out of range" (big example is trying to get to most places on coruscant from the jedi temple speeder)

This is actually due to your character standing too far from the speeder NPC. Just inch a bit closer to him and it will work.