My BiS stats! I want the IA community to confirm or help adjust these stats.

JohnElias

Valor: 99 (Almost 100!)

Class: Imperial Agent

Advanced Class: Operative

Skill Tree: Concealment (Damage) - http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#4010cZGhrodzRdGRZhr.2

CHARACTER SHEET - DATACRONS: 67/67 w/ all 4 Class Buffs

Level 50

HP: 19766/19766

Strength: 94

Presence: 415

Aim: 147

Cunning: 1987

Endurance: 1707

Willpower: 94

Expertise: 1138

TECH

Bonus Damage: 978.0

Bonus Healing: 706.0

Accuracy: 101.00%

Critical Chance: 35.16%

Critical Multiplier: 78.83%

Energy Regen Rate: 5.0

Activation Speed: 3.67%

Power: 976

GEAR

Left Side

War Hero Trapper's MK-1 Device w/ Advanced Skill Augment 22

War Hero Mender's MK-1 System x 2 w/ Advanced Skill Augment 22

War Hero Enforcer's Armguards w/ Advanced Skill Augment 22

War Hero Relic of Boundless Ages x 2 w/ Advanced Skill Augment 22

Middle

Main Hand

Barrel: War Hero's Beguiling Barrel 27

Mod: War Hero's Keen Mod 27

Enhancement: War Hero's Adept Enhancement 26

Color Crystal: Advanced Red Hawkeye Crystal

Augment: Advanced Skill Augment 22

Knife

Barrel: War Hero's Beguiling Barrel 27

Mod: War Hero's Keen Mod 26

Enhancement: War Hero's Adept Enhancement 27

Color Crystal: Advanced Red Hawkeye Crystal

Right Side

Head

Armoring: Advanced Beguiling Armor 25

Chest

Armoring: War Hero Enforcer's Jacket

Hands

Armoring: Advanced Skill Armoring 26

Mod: War Hero's Artful Mod 26

War Hero Enforcer's Belt

Legs

Feet

It's been a while since I last updated this so here goes. This is currently how I am gearing up. I am using the Black Hole Armorings instead of the War Hero armorings. If I replace every Armoring and Barrel with a Black Hole/Dread Guard Armoring, I will have 938 Expertise. Now, this is a little extreme, but in my opinion, I seem to hit/stab a lot harder than if I were completely War Hero. I noticed my Hidden Strikes and Backstabs crit for a lot higher, roughly around the 5K markers. I often hit the 5K Medal marker for a single hit on an enemy. This is of course dependent on the buffs/debuffs in a WZ, but I have been playing this guy since mid January of 2012. Played him in fully BiS War Hero and now IMO fully BiS WH/BH and noticed the increased damage output. Of course, with the reduced Expertise I get hit slightly harder, but I find the exchange to be worth it, according to my playstyle.

Edited by JohnElias
Updated: 11/23/12

Love this post. Thanks for putting this up here. It's good to know I can find another 100 bonus damage.

The most immediate thing I recognize here is the 1% chance you will always have of missing any of your tech attacks against any class that has +2% defense (and thereby resistance) from talents. Shadow/Sins, Vanguard/Techs, and Jugg/guardians that have their tanking talents, and any Op/Scoundrel with the 'shifty eye' or equivalent talent will have +2% melee/ranged defense, as well as +2% resistance.

Against your 101% tech accuracy, this will become 1% resistance, and equal a 1% chance to resist your backstabs, hiddenstrikes, debilitating strikes, etc. The good news is that you can trade your already overly high surge directly for accuracy in an enhancement. The other option is getting 1% through augment slots, but I wouldn't encourage that route.

TLDR: Get one enhancement that is Power/Accuracy to get to Tech Accuracy >= 102%

Also: I'm curious why, with your 1% crit bonus from companions, your 5% class bonus, and your 3% from talents you didn't shoot for ~39% crit before focusing on power? Correct me if I'm wrong, but without bonuses, that leaves you at ~25% base crit. The 100 bonus damage you have over my not completely optimised operative is delicious, but I'm curious if it wouldn't do you better to reach for that crit softcap first? What does everyone else think?

Edited by ScrubinMuhTub

Also: I'm curious why, with your 1% crit bonus from companions, your 5% class bonus, and your 3% from talents you didn't shoot for ~39% crit before focusing on power? Correct me if I'm wrong, but without bonuses, that leaves you at ~25% base crit. The 100 bonus damage you have over my not completely optimised operative is delicious, but I'm curious if it wouldn't do you better to reach for that crit softcap first? What does everyone else think?

Hey, thanks for the reply. The reason I chose not to go for the ~39% crit was simply a personal choice. I figured with the skill "Concealed Attacks" (Increases the critical hit chance of backstab and Hidden Strike by 16%) I would shoot for 34.xx% crit + the added 16% crit with the skill to make it a 50.xx% chance to crit on Hidden Strike or Backstab. If I'd push for any higher than 34.xx% I'd be losing +39 Power from my mods. It has also been suggested that anything higher than 35% crit D/Rs kick in. I'm taking the community's word on that, and therefore is the sole reason why I stuck with 34% crit, fully buffed*.

*Remember that we can level our alts to have the buffs on us constantly.

As for the added tech accuracy, I'm still thinking if it's worth it or not, since I will be losing +53 Surge Rating for the added +53 accuracy, which ultimately reduces my damage by a small percentage. I have however seen other with 105% tech accuracy. I am not sure behind the reasoning for this or why they would have it so high, but maybe someone can clarify that for me. I'm assuming it's their fear of missing or having their attacks resisted... but will it be noticeable?

My final concern is the orange belt and bracers, whether they are worth it or not, since the War Hero ones do the job well, I honestly just don't understand why people want the orange belt and bracers.

Edited by JohnElias

Why those points in 4% Endurance? They are about 600 more HP. Just a hard breath from a Marauder.

Wouldn't be better to add them in Debilitate cooldown since you are power oriented?

It's a personal choice, I like seeing my HP up in the 19K marker, but I have thought about getting the skill that reduces the cooldown on Debilitate, since against good Tanks the fight lasts a while and it wouldn't hurt to have that extra stun in there 15 seconds earlier than it would without the skill.

Most definitely. I'd like some clarification myself. Last time I saw the return curve on expertise, there was such an even gradient, it was hard to justify 'stopping at ####' expertise, with any real way to back up the claim. I'd also like to hear/read something to support the idea of orange belt/bracers, but I also agree that enforcer set does it's job well in those two slots.

Much like you cut corners to increase damage, I cut some damage corners to gain survivability, and question where the best corners are to cut at times as well. There's been some good information in the last few days. I hope it keeps going!

You have me thinking about my Tech Accuracy now. lol I wouldn't mind lowering my Surge Rating for the added accuracy, but my question is

Will it be a noticeable upgrade?

1% chance to miss doesn't really bother me, since it will be a very low probability that it does, and if it does happen, I think of myself as a decent enough player to keep on fighting regardless if my attack was blocked, dodged, or resisted and still come out victorious.

When it comes down to BiS, I guess it always comes down to personal choice and what fits your gameplay style. But I definitely wouldn't discourage players from following my gearing advice since it has definitely worked for me. I crit often, hit very hard, and survive like any other player.

Edited by JohnElias

You have me thinking about my Tech Accuracy now. lol I wouldn't mind lowering my Surge Rating for the added accuracy, but my question is

Will it be a noticeable upgrade?

1% chance to miss doesn't really bother me, since it will be a very low probability that it does, and if it does happen, I think of myself as a decent enough player to keep on fighting regardless if my attack was blocked, dodged, or resisted and still come out victorious.

When it comes down to BiS, I guess it always comes down to personal choice and what fits your gameplay style. But I definitely wouldn't discourage players from following my gearing advice since it has definitely worked for me. I crit often, hit very hard, and survive like any other player.

Did you notice a difference in your surge damage when you switched out your mods from acc to surge? You are already way past the point of soft capping. I assume both wont be noticed much, but would you rather have an ability land or a little dmg on a crit. Also, your crit being at 34% instead of 39% you will not be criting on your other skills as much either so its less of a gain there too.

Very solid set up. Only bad part with it is that you rely on the 3% tech critical from the lethal tree. You really cant afford to take those points out. : / Preference of spec playstyle. Edited by Robpwnz

Take the points out of increased endurance and but them pretty much anywhere else, i'd personally go for the reduced CD on debilitate.

A friend of mine was making the case that the battlemaster implants are actually superior to the warhero ones due to less emphasis on endurance but it's not a huge difference really.

Your overall stats seem very good, not sure about "bis" in the literal sense but you're certainly very close. Definitely swap your power crystal for the expertise one in the gun, expertise > all regardless of how much you stack.

In addition to getting tech accuracy to 102% in order to guarantee tech hits, with the operative's current (horribly ******) energy management you need to use blaster shot quite often. Improved accuracy there leads directly to improved damage.

I don't know about you, but when I was 101% tech accuracy, every backstab I missed was 3k damage or more and it made me very upset.

On top of that, you trade surge for accuracy, nothing else, and at this level of gear, you are already so far beyond the surge soft cap it's less than half of a percent of surge.

Edited by ScrubinMuhTub

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know about you, but when I was 101% tech accuracy, every backstab I missed was 3k damage or more and it made me very upset.

On top of that, you trade surge for accuracy, nothing else, and at this level of gear, you are already so far beyond the surge soft cap it's less than half of a percent of surge.

This is indeed correct, I just swapped out a ear piece to the crit / accuracy one and my stats are all round a little better for it. Sound advice :)

• 2 weeks later...
Valor: 92

Class: Imperial Agent

Advanced Class: Operative

Skill Tree: Concealment (Damage) - http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#4010cZGhroddRdGRZhM.2

CHARACTER SHEET - DATACRONS: 67/67 w/ all 4 Class Buffs

Level 50

HP: 19027/19027

Strength: 94

Presence: 415

Aim: 147

Cunning: 1873

Endurance: 1634

Willpower: 94

Expertise: 1291

TECH

Bonus Damage: 924.6

Bonus Healing: 668.0

Critical Chance: 34.57%

Critical Multiplier: 78.80%

Energy Regen Rate: 5.0

Activation Speed: 3.67%

Power: 902

GEAR

Left Side

War Hero Trapper's MK-1 Device

War Hero Mender's MK-1 System x 2

War Hero Enforcer's Armguards

War Hero Relic of Boundless Ages x 2

Middle

Custom-built Blaster Rifle w/ +41 Power Color Crystal, +39 Critical Rating mod and +41 Power and +53 Surge Rating Enhancement)

War Hero Field Medic's Vibroknife

Right Side

War Hero Head w/ +39 Power mod and +41 Power and +53 Surge Rating Enhancement)

War Hero Chest w/ +39 Power mod and +41 Power and +53 Surge Rating Enhancement)

War Hero Hands w/ +39 Critical Rating mod and +41 Power and +53 Surge Rating Enhancement)

War Hero Enforcer's Belt

War Hero Legs w/ +39 Critical Rating mod and +41 Power and +53 Surge Rating Enhancement)

War Hero Feet w/ +39 Critical Rating mod and +41 Power and +53 Surge Rating Enhancement)

Note: Everything is augmented with the Advanced Skill Augment 22.

As you can see from the above information, from my own perspective I feel that I am BiS but I want to be able to confirm this with the community. We have some very skilled Operatives in these forums, and I'd like to know what you guys would change/substitute for something different. Also it would help me if you could explain why. I've been thinking of using Orange belt and bracers, but would that be an improvement?

OK I give up. I've tried creating a profile on AMR to match your stats but I cannot get power to 902. I have no idea how accurate that number is or perhaps it was a typo but can you please create a profile for me to look at.

• 4 weeks later...
Is this really true?

The diminishing return graph that I saw didn't show a significant decrease in the effectiveness of expertise even at the highest amounts so if exp > other stats at low amounts it should still be > other stats at high amounts.

You MAY do slightly more damage if you drop exp for power or main stat but exp increases all damage done, reduces damage received and increasing healing done / received so IMHO it's a better stat.

I still have no idea how this guy got those numbers, I've been playing around with askmrrobot and i can't even get them in theory.

Maybe he got them with a stim

I use a stim in game, here's my AMR profile for reference.

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/423a941c-4339-4de0-adcb-2f14bcea9fef

My ingame stats are:

Cunning: 1786

Power: 860

So some how he's managed to get an extra 90 cunning and 42 power from somewhere. Please don't think I'm suggesting he's lying, I'm not implying that at all, I'm just saying that even when I play around with the gear editor I cannot get those stats.

Still no one knows about the ~39% crit chance being BiS for operative?

I kept on hearing people saying go to 39% crit.

My operative has all datacrons and nearly optimized in full WH (working on 3 more mods which is why I am asking this).

I currently have 230ish crit which puts me at 34.52% crit. If I go all crit on the remaining 3 mods I will be sitting little over 310 crit at the cost of about total of 70+ power in exchange...

So what's better?