You're not worthy of an incoming call....

stendarrs

This is nothing more than a rant. Last night on CW we capped the second node and as we were splitting up to reinforce the other node it got capped with no inc call. The following is basically how the conversation went down in chat:

Me: *** man, why no incoming call

D-bag: There was 3 of them

Me: That doesn't mean you can't say inc 3 grass !?

D-bag: I have 2 other people on voicechat and I told them

Me: Well clearly that didn't work so why don't you give the rest of your team a chance to help next time

D-bag: I don't feel that the rest of you are worth giving an inc call

Me: Great team attitude, it's hard to imagine why we are now losing

D-bag: Whatever, you guys all suck anyways

On top of this awesomeness, there was one guy in the WZ with 12K health wearing some level 25 greens. It's bad enough to be gimped, but then to have someone choose not to call out an inc in chat just boggles my mind. :mad:

whew, okay, i feel a bit better now, can someone pass me a tissue for my QQ

Well my friend i have news for you. I too was in the Alderan WZ last night and the game was tight. We had both outer nodes and people were calling out incomings.

The empire tried to Zerg grass and the defender called out for help. Bascially he said the entire empire showed up and he needed backup NOW.

Well.. i had already been killed and had just respawned on the ship. Now wait for it.......

On the way back down to the ground I noticed on radar EVERYONE ran to Grass. Not a single Republic player remained at snow. Not even ONE STEALTH.

I thought to myself.. YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. NOT ONE PERSON remained to guard SNOW. Yes SNOW got capped by the Empire by the time I landed and we lost by 5.

All i could do was stare at the screen with my left eye lid twitching with disbelief.

So... I don't know what to tell you. I have seen some people not call for help... people call for help and everyone over commints. I have even yelled GRASS NOW.. THIS IS NOT A SUGGESTION.... and only 1 or 2 shows but don't fight on the node.

It's not worth high blood pressure.

Edited by KaiLan

Like many of you, I use the "1 inc grass" or "1 inc snow". The one thing I have also started doing, and idk if it even matters, but I will usually broadcast like this "1 inc snow, need 1" and if it's 2 coming I'll try to type out "2 inc snow, need 1-2" or something of that nature. Sure I'm over typing I'm sure but I find it less confusing for the teams I'm on to broadcast it in this manner, though I'm not sure why.

On the contrary, if someone calls out an inc, I will type in OPs "omw" to let the person calling it out know someone saw it and is responding and it lets the team know that someone is responding and maybe even gives them a heads up if they see me die as well. When people call out inc and they don't get immediate help, they will quit. This is just something I've tried to adapt too by letting them know that SOMEONE is TRYING to come, perhaps it will prevent them from raging. That is what I hope for anyways but if they leave, meh w/e.

There is no right/wrong way of doing it I guess, but I do think it's important to at least announce it, no matter what the circumstance is. Even if I can handle it, I still post and will simply put "nvm" once under control. If your team over compensates on the call out, little can be done anyways so I don't worry about it anymore.

As some have stated, just because you see 1 doesn't mean he doesn't have 1+ with him so calling out the inc covers the rage issue if your team doesn't respond fast enough at least. That is about all you can do, just hope people aren't tunneled in on DPS and are playing objectively.

The team needs to be competent enough to distinguish if the situation is under control or could use another, can be done by viewing mini-map or assessing the node you are currently going for/defending.

On NC, I pan WAAAY out when going south and it's easy to see if someone is making their way across to your eastern/western node. Even if I am down south, I'll make the call as sometimes, initially, whomever went to that node is capping and doesn't not see the incoming until it's too late. It's team work imo, I do not depend solely on the person guarding a point to be fully responsible for what happens there nor do I assume they are going to always call it out. I am just hoping that they let people know a fight is going on there. Calling it out is great, but letting people know a response is also great. This is just my personal experience with the WZ's I have been in.

Edited by Master_Nate

I always feel like the guy that is screaming on ops chat, saying how bad the team is... is ALWAYS the guy with 50k damage, no other stats other than the 2-3 medals and 1500 objective points.

BW should give these guys the title "backpack", because just like a backpack back in high school... we only carry them because we have to.

That is EPIC lol!!!

Your just parrotting. Many times I've noticed that the guy badmouthing has had the best or better stats than the majority of the team.

To be fair, I've seen both. I've been called sucky by players with 50k damage and fu**-all objectives/medals, but I've also told players when they needed to step up their game (sometimes in not so nice terms) when it's just the people in my premade carrying the rest of the team.

In terms of calling out, I take things a step further. I will literally say "STAY MID" if I can sense the overcompensation if there's an INC call made.

If a call is made and I see everyone else blindly rushing towards that node, I will usually go back to the original node, even if I'm closer to the attacked node than them.

Honestly, 50% of this game is coming up with educated guesses as to what the sheep on your team are going to do and reacting to it. It's generally a headache, but what can I say... I want to win, and if that means my premade and I have to keep ourselves spread out so we can call on vent, so be it.

• 6 months later...

Yet another reason why it makes tactical sense to have at least two guards at all times if one of them isn't a tank/isn't prepared to handle an ambush by more than two opponents. If one person doesn't bother to call inc, the other often will. That's in addition to the reason that if one gets stunned the other isn't as vulnerable or unable to stop the other team from capping the node.

All I'm saying is, maybe not calling incoming after your team abandoned you to guard alone and you're ambushed by multiple stealthers will teach them that lesson.

Edited by BradTheImpaler

Maybe you should guard side instead of leaving it to somebody else?I mean if I'm the only one guarding a side in a non-ranked civil war I will just afk for 10 mins and do something else,its so boring.If you care that much about winning in nonrated maybe guard the turret?Roll a tanksin and get 30k health and just do objectives if you care that much?

I dissagree.

I disagree with your disagreement. I'm definitely that guy everyone complains about that is talking **** to bads on the team. If you do something stupid, I will yell at you. However, I'm always in top in dps, healing, objective points, and prot (depending on which class I'm playing of course).

I would say it's 50/50 on whether the guy talking **** is actually good or a baddie.

Maybe you should guard side instead of leaving it to somebody else?

Say what? Was this directed at me? Because if so I don't think you actually read my post. I am ditched to guard alone against a wave of others---that's my point. It's being left to me---alone, against more than one non-tank can handle.

I mean if I'm the only one guarding a side in a non-ranked civil war I will just afk for 10 mins and do something else,its so boring.

AFK for 10 minutes and you'll probably be booted from the WZ automatically/be killed? By your logic, why not just leave it? Even better, why not do what I've seen in plenty of WZs and ask someone to trade places with you and guard for a while?

winning in nonrated

Is 'kind of' the damn objective. You sound like one of those people who just drifts through the WZ shooting aimlessly and not focusing on objectives like you should be.

maybe guard the turret?

See above, clearly you didn't bother to read properly what you were responding to.

Roll a tanksin and get 30k health and just do objectives if you care that much?

Maybe I like my current characters. I shouldn't be forced to role a tank, nor should any healer who also is left to guard a node alone, to try to compensate for other players not doing their part (even if I wanted to yet, after this week I won't have the time to get to level 50 PvP with a tank for a while).

I saw a new (to me) one of these yesterday. In lowbie AHG, and a guy started ranting to "HEAL ME." Even going so far as to "HEAL JUST ME, NO ON ELSE IF YOU WANT WIN." There were, of course, various explitives thrown in there. Apparently he was a tank spec, and was convinced that if we just kept him alive he would somehow magically prevent the other team from getting any kills what-so-ever. Or something. Not really sure.

Ahhhhh yes... good point.

I hate when there are 3 people guarding and they call "incoming"... only to peek over a wall and see half of my team running to help kill one guy that is already at 10% before they get there. :mad:

Totally this. I don't guard much, but I always call incomings if I'm solo because you never know: a) if you'll win a solo fight or b) that one person is actually two or three because of stealthers.

but 3 people on guard watching 2 people coming? no call needed.

I guess my #1 complaint is people trying to be heroes and losing a hard fought duel - and the node. Calling when you are dead = worthless.

#2 complaint is overcommitting

#3 complaint? when I play terrible :)

I saw a new (to me) one of these yesterday. In lowbie AHG, and a guy started ranting to "HEAL ME." Even going so far as to "HEAL JUST ME, NO ON ELSE IF YOU WANT WIN." There were, of course, various explitives thrown in there. Apparently he was a tank spec, and was convinced that if we just kept him alive he would somehow magically prevent the other team from getting any kills what-so-ever. Or something. Not really sure.

Well.... did you heal him? Kinda leaving us hanging here

Totally this. I don't guard much, but I always call incomings if I'm solo because you never know: a) if you'll win a solo fight or b) that one person is actually two or three because of stealthers.

but 3 people on guard watching 2 people coming? no call needed.

I guess my #1 complaint is people trying to be heroes and losing a hard fought duel - and the node. Calling when you are dead = worthless.

#2 complaint is overcommitting

#3 complaint? when I play terrible :)

Just so you know 2 people can easily kill 3 and take node. I have actually seen nodes taken 1 vs 3. Inc call is always needed. Just don't be lazy add number of incs to call. If you just call inc west how are we suppose to know how many to send :)

Jenna'syyde

I always feel like the guy that is screaming on ops chat, saying how bad the team is... is ALWAYS the guy with 50k damage, no other stats other than the 2-3 medals and 1500 objective points.

And they usually are. I do not see them as much in 50 WZs, but a lot in 10-49 WZs.

The other night I was playing as a lvl 15 sniper in CW. That was my forth PvP game as a sniper game. Two guys kept talking trash all game telling us how much we suck. When the game ended I was the highest dps, on our team, with 162 dps with reasonable objective points. Both guys were below 100 dps and one of them did not call incoming while he was defending one node.

Edited by Ottoattack

Face it. When you are pugging a WZ, you're damned if you do and damned if you don't on guarding, and calling out.

If you've got two guarding, someone will yell, "WHY THE @#%$@# are there 2 guarding when we need help at mid?!' Meanwhile, you notice some doofus running around at the opposite node. Shouldn't HE be at mid? Then two more teammates show up to your node, unannounced. What is this, the changing of the guard? You whisper, "Go mid!" They reply, "No." Maybe they even flex for you, or do a dance, or sit down next to you.

So, you run and call out for mid, and dutifully head off to be ground into sausage. This is because 3 or 4 of your teammates are now peering at you from the pen, where they have just respawned. Just then the good fellows who previously relieved you of your post lose the node without calling out. They scream "Thanks for the help. You noobs SUCK. L2P!"

All you can do is laugh, die, and re-queue once you're back at the fleet. Be grateful you still earned some comms and valor.

Besides, on the next WZ, you'll be grouped with a pre-made, and have the satisfaction of rolling over your opponents the whole time, like a riding mower over dandelions. No complaints there, right! Just call me "backpack!" ;)

i think that as a healer i've been left alone to guard **** too many times..all you can do is calling for incs and try to survive...personally, in the rare occasions when mid is calm and i'm there alone i also peek at the enemies' spawn and write down in chat what i see: possible incoming 2 to snow/grass, stealthers etc..sometimes it's one or two players that make the difference (more in 10-49) but sometimes you need the whole group to win and other factors come in play..gear, luck..voice chat would help, but you can always find a good group and win close wz too..

p.s. the worst things that u can see are in the pit imo..offtopic btw