Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Why are people like this??

AurakaSith

...we'd still have countless ******** playing ninja and displaying their stunning lack of common decency

Do you want Bioware to put a can of ninja repellent in the mail for you too?

Maybe Bioware should just mail you the quest objectives as soon as you accept the quest, that way you can skitter over to the mailbox, pick up the misson items and be done with it??

Should they boost spawn rates, yeah. But since you can grab the spawn while in combat, it's a non-issue from a ninja grief perspective.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thats why i have an alt on the opposing faction ready to gank ppl like this. also you can grab the object while getting hit to avoid dewsh bags doing this.

You can also cc the elite, put your companion on the easy guy(s). This makes it easier to grab quest items in combat.

This has nothing to do with it being a bioware issue.

This is simply a player issue. People need to stop being *****. Won't happen...especially on mmos.

Node /objective jacking has been with us from the earliest days of MMO’s and it’s totally lazy game design. There are so many ways around this today that this just doesn’t need to be in the game.

It’s flawed in many ways and counterproductive to building a cohesive multiplayer environment.

This is just a catalyst for animosity between players in a game where you want to be building multiplayer community and friendships.

So instead of inviting a stranger to group players are adding them to their ignore list.

Doing my dailies... quest object has elite standing next to it.

Engage elite, and someone else comes in and grabs objective.

Elite respawns before the object does - ***!!!

it so sad, that we still have people out there which have zero regard to their fellow players...

As much as I hate players like that too, it could be fixed very easily by Bioware, by making the things respawn faster or by making the items pop up fir people individually (like GW2 does with miningnodes).

But blaming it on the other players is alot easier!

Black Hole with anything above 30 in pop is a Ninja Zone. Yes, I have had my stuff stolen as I was fighting, so what do I do? Put the offender on Ignore, use my stealth abilities to return the favor when I see them engaged with a mob, not lend a hand when they fight, do not offer a respawn when they get beat or die next to the poison lake, and I will Force Cloak and let the mob aggro them the next time I see them.

However, just from a logistical point of view with increased populations in the BH the respawn times really need to be cut down.

While ninja looters are annoying, whining about other people on forums and calling other posters names is probably worse. It's simply bad game design. There's no reason Bioware shouldn't implement GW2's system of shareable exp/loot without having to group.

Personally i think everyone has a point in this forum;

The respawn rates for objective should be faster but at the same time this is an MMO which we all know mean Massive-Multiplayer-Online. The key word is multiplayer that means there are other people playing the game at the same time you are and some of them are selfish jerks who couldn't care less about other people. Even if the game was better designed there would be people who would be there taking objective they havent earned and no matter what you do you can't stop them.

You need to stop whining about the issue and find ways to deal with it, its not likely Bioware will waste time fixing this when there is more issues of higher priority and new content coming.

Also if some pisses you off do what i do, switch over to your alt on the other faction and camp them until they give up and go away.

Works even better if you sell it as a massive ganking party on your fleet :D

Edited by Smiegle
spelling

While ninja looters are annoying, whining about other people on forums and calling other posters names is probably worse. It's simply bad game design.

Looters are annoying, but calling looters names is not worse. They are scum. Unless they are total sociopaths (we probably have a few of those), the only way they live with themselves is by denial and rationalization.

But because people are people, if the Black Hole is crowded, I make a point of getting the loop before killing the NPCs guarding it. Ditto for freeing the little caged engineers.

This morning I did notice that a fellow had not grabbed a weapons chest after killing the Torvix dudes; I made a point to ask him if he was going to take it (he could not) before I got it.

[EDIT]

"getting the loop" -> "getting the loot". Jeez, don't know why I can't see typos BEFORE I submit a post.

Edited by SweetOldBob

Do you want Bioware to put a can of ninja repellent in the mail for you too?

Maybe Bioware should just mail you the quest objectives as soon as you accept the quest, that way you can skitter over to the mailbox, pick up the misson items and be done with it??

Should they boost spawn rates, yeah. But since you can grab the spawn while in combat, it's a non-issue from a ninja grief perspective.

Snark much?

Read much?

I do grab the spawn either while in combat or while the mob is cc'd. Already stated. It's the best ninja repellant extant.

That's if the spawn is there in the first place.

And you're not taking into account spawns like the High Savant: why yes, I can grab that objective while I'm fighting the objective and not having it wrested away by a game glitch and a bunch of thugs with no manners exploiting said glitch. Very different kind of ninja behavior going on there than in BH...

Ahhhhh. The very first time I've been trolled in these forums. I'll cherish this moment for minutes to come :D

Looters are annoying, but calling looters names is not worse. They are scum. Unless they are total sociopaths (we probably have a few of those), the only way they live with themselves is by denial and rationalization.

But because people are people, if the Black Hole is crowded, I make a point of getting the loop before killing the NPCs guarding it. Ditto for freeing the little caged engineers.

This morning I did notice that a fellow had not grabbed a weapons chest after killing the Torvix dudes; I made a point to ask him if he was going to take it (he could not) before I got it.

I view ninja-looting is more of a game design problem because the game doesn't set players up to work together well. A ninja-looter might be someone who is just really impatient or a solo player that doesn't want to interact with other players. No need to be overly sanctimonious over it.

They could have it set to where if you went to far from the mob then you would lose your access to the object, they could also put a time limit for how long the object is accessable for you.

I would just drag the mob over to some unsuspecting victim and let him kill it for me.

I actually wouldn't do that, but one could.

Black Hole with anything above 30 in pop is a Ninja Zone. Yes, I have had my stuff stolen as I was fighting, so what do I do? Put the offender on Ignore, use my stealth abilities to return the favor when I see them engaged with a mob, not lend a hand when they fight, do not offer a respawn when they get beat or die next to the poison lake, and I will Force Cloak and let the mob aggro them the next time I see them.

However, just from a logistical point of view with increased populations in the BH the respawn times really need to be cut down.

Node /objective jacking has been with us from the earliest days of MMO’s and it’s totally lazy game design. There are so many ways around this today that this just doesn’t need to be in the game.

It’s flawed in many ways and counterproductive to building a cohesive multiplayer environment.

This is just a catalyst for animosity between players in a game where you want to be building multiplayer community and friendships.

So instead of inviting a stranger to group players are adding them to their ignore list.

I think I'll just quote myself as Zooball just proved my point why this is a broken mechanic for MMO's

Again this is design issue with the game, one of the quests which most annoys me is the one with the boxes in Black Hole on populated server.

They can fix issues like this either by increasing spawnrate of the objects or not design quest like that at all and intead go with the design like GW2 or ESO will have that when youre helping the player which is doing some objectives you get rewarded to and not just him for doing those objectives even if youre not actively grouped with him.

Lolwut?

This argument has been posted a few times in this thread and I personally think it's silly. People grabing a quest item while you're engaged in a fight is a game design issue? Seriously? This is the same as arguing that it's the gun that killed not the person that pulled the trigger. What a crock of BS.

Player behavior or misbehavior in this case is most certainly NOT a game design problem. The fact is that some players (some would say most) are self absorbed jerks who don't hesitate to grab that chest, mission object or whatever while you're occupied. You can try and spin that however you want including that it's the games fault but it doesn't change what is really just poor behavior.

Edited by uziforyou

By design. It's the only kind of open-world PvP the Hero engine can handle. ;)

More seriously, yes, this is a game design issue. Having to compete against other players for quest resources is 1997. Some games being released in 2012 and 2013 seem to solve that.

Sadly this one was released in 2011, before that bit of creativity and tech was available, apparently.

Edited by DarthTHC

click the objective first then fight

stops tossers from stealing ya node

and yes people dont cear about u they dont no u and have their own time frame to play in has happend to me many times until i started clicking before attacking

Some nodes, granted not the ones in black hole, but some quest object nodes aren't usable while in combat. which means you have no choice but to finish killing the guard mob before using said item. guess what, node thieves aren't in combat while you're fighting, so they CAN click it and steal what is essentially your quest item node.

I have no doubt this has been raised many times, but its just happened to me... AGAIN!

Doing my dailies... quest object has elite standing next to it.

Engage elite, and someone else comes in and grabs objective.

Elite respawns before the object does - ***!!!

it so sad, that we still have people out there which have zero regard to their fellow players...

Well congratulations for being such a postive part of the world!!!

you think its bad now, wait until F2P hits.

I must admit , this type of thing happened to me when my old origin server was new and the game had more people on it. Now playing on my destination server last night it happened again and now I tend to look over my shoulder all the time , so I have changed my play style a little , which isn't too bad.

I'm glad GW2 has the Phantasy Star Portable , PSZ , PSP2 , PSP2I AND PSO2 system. Getting your own personal drops and exp is a far better system. You wouldn't even imagine all the stress I had on PSU people getting that random mega weapon at the boss caused so many arguments.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

In Guildwars2 the clicky the douchers snatch while your fighting stay there for you or anyone else thats needs to click it or forage/pick it up.

Unlike this ****** game.

The only real voice of reason on these forums. Stop giving yourselves so many headaches and just go to Guild Wars. It's way better than this piece of junk could ever HOPE to be even if everything was done right from the beginning.

The only real voice of reason on these forums. Stop giving yourselves so many headaches and just go to Guild Wars. It's way better than this piece of junk could ever HOPE to be even if everything was done right from the beginning.

And why...WHY oh WHY...are you here reading these forums? It sounds like it's such an unpleasant experience for you....

My main gripe about ninja looters pertains to craftables nodes, which are certainly subject to this problem. To those of you in this very thread who admit to this behavior...I personally believe that your bad gamer karma is responsible for this game having to go FTP. It's ALL YOUR FAULT! WHY MUST YOU DRAG US DOWN WITH YOU?!

*cries*

By design. It's the only kind of open-world PvP the Hero engine can handle. ;)

More seriously, yes, this is a game design issue. Having to compete against other players for quest resources is 1997. Some games being released in 2012 and 2013 seem to solve that.

Sadly this one was released in 2011, before that bit of creativity and tech was available, apparently.

The fact this still happens proves that this is a community issue. Yes there are ways to kelp prevent this problem but the easiest one is just for players to stop complaining and calling for a fix and learn how to prevent it. Dont give the ppl who grab the objective while you fight an opening and this will stop.

Learn the game ppl before you start calling for a fix that just cant happen

Am I a douwshbag if I want to get the dailies done as fast as possible because they're not fun and I have other things to do? If you want the objective then you take it, its just a shame that the bad design makes it like a race. Its not that I don't care about others, just that they are foolish enough not to take the objective. Also note that if you don't press it and I don't, someone else will so me waiting is pointless because its your loss whatever happens.

So tips:

• Take the objective asap, its a race.
  • Don't hate on us for wanting to do it as fast as we can!
  • Best idea ever - don't decline my group invites then complain when I take your objectives. Groups are the ultimate solution!

1) it's not a race...your making it a race because of your personal choice in time constraints. I don't control your schedule...you do.

2) I want to do it fast too...but i respect other people in the game. that's the difference. so..yes, your acting like a douche. no hate there, just a simple statement of fact. note i didn't say you ARE one, your just acting like one. I have faith that you can change :)

3) I will always accept group invite in BH, cause like you I prefer to not stand there for an extra 15m waiting for 6 silly boxes. which means we probably agree on this point....

Bio needs to reduce the refresh timer on those, period. but since were stuck here atm, what we need to ALL do (not just this gentleman above, of whom i respect, in spite of his temporary duchebaggeries) Is we need to group up, work together, respect others, and hit the boxes first!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.