SWTOR no longer going to Star Wars Celebration??

Crenshinibon

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be good for them to go. Because it's going to have a free to play option there are TONS of people that would probably try it out that attend. More potential for the game to be noticed. BioWare...can't you see that? :)

Errrrr no they cant....

Its right under their noses and blatantly obvious......Of course they cant see it !!

Wow. I just noticed this. I'm in the same position as the OP. I was only planning on spending a day at SW Celebration VI, but the primary reason for my planning my summer vacation around Orlando during SW Celebration VI was to check out what they had planned for SW:TOR. After the community team restructured, I even asked about this specifically:

Will the community changes affect your events that are being planned? Since fans would need to buy tickets ahead of time, it would be nice to get a quick update if there were any changes.

Specifically, it was implied by David Bass and Stephen Reid that they were going to try to make the SW:TOR event at Star Wars: Celebration VI the 'big' event for the trade show season. Is this still the goal of the community team? Is it still an official SWTOR event?

Thanks for your update.

The events that were in David’s capable hands definitely still remain! You can look forward to seeing SWTOR at both San Diego Comic-con and Star Wars Celebration later this year. If I may steal your words, it is definitely the goal of the Community team that Star Wars: Celebration VI will be the ‘big’ event for the trade show season!

And now, less than a month from the event, it is quietly removed from the events page, and confirmed that Bioware will not be going to the event. There are many times where Bioware has not lived up to my expectations, but this is the first time I felt that Bioware was unprofessional. I have too many friends in this game to unsubscribe now, but my confidence in the company as a fans-first developer is gone. It is my honest assessment that a good developer would see through its commitments, especially to the fans who stuck with them when all else was failing.

I always hoped that SW:TOR would keep going for a long time even if the population was small - I thought that Bioware would care about the loyal fans who remained. I don't care what happens with the game anymore. I'll keep playing so long as my friends are, but that's because I'm loyal to my friends, no longer Bioware.

Edited by QuickBunnie

Wow. I just noticed this. I'm in the same position as the OP. I was only planning on spending a day at SW Celebration VI, but the primary reason for my planning my summer vacation around Orlando during SW Celebration VI was to check out what they had planned for SW:TOR. After the community team restructured, I even asked about this specifically:

And now, less than a month from the event, it is quietly removed from the events page, and confirmed that Bioware will not be going to the event. There are many times where Bioware has not lived up to my expectations, but this is the first time I felt that Bioware was unprofessional. I have too many friends in this game to unsubscribe now, but my confidence in the company as a top tier developer is gone. It is my honest assessment that a AAA developer would see through its commitments, especially to the fans who stuck with them when all else was failing.

I always hoped that SW:TOR would keep going for a long time even if the population was small - I thought that Bioware would care about the loyal fans who remained. I don't care what happens with the game anymore. I'll keep playing so long as my friends are, but that's because I'm loyal to my friends, no longer Bioware.

This isn't the Bioware that you knew and loved, this is the illegitimate spawn of Bioware and EA. Promises shall not be kept and hype shall not be met.

*snip*

Stop being so entitled!

Your points are not facts but opinions!

And your opinion is a minority!

This game is doing great!

Plenty of people are still playing!

Stop trolling the boards!

F2P will fix everything!

STOP BEING SO ENTITLED!

(...did I miss anything?)

Edited by Thondan

This is just another example of EA's terrible management. I guess they are not prepared to face some of their players and are hiding in their rabbit's hole and hoping future will fix everything :).

To be fair it's a no win situation for them and they have nothing to gain by going there only to be barracked by angry fans (and angry Sheldon's doing the head-explode stare at them :D).

if you wer e Bioware would you go people? Really they destroyed this genre and star wars fans would have their way with them. Might be even a public flogging. if they went. Plus who from the company will go. Is there anyone left to go?

Stop being so entitled!

Your points are not facts but opinions!

And your opinion is a minority!

This game is doing great!

Plenty of people are still playing!

Stop trolling the boards!

F2P will fix everything!

STOP BEING SO ENTITLED!

(...did I miss anything?)

Being sarcastic? Hope so :o

You got massively trolled by Bioware.

On a more serious note, I feel bad for you OP. I hope you'll have a good time at the event regardless, but I can't help but feel that this is a ****** move on Biowares part. Their communication really, really sucks. They need to improve heavily upon it and going F2P isn't going to be an excuse since there's still a subscribtion option.

This about sums it up for me, I thought that the game would keep going and given time to mature and become the game it always could have been, but apparently EA and BW gave up on it and more importantly on us.

This about sums it up for me, I thought that the game would keep going and given time to mature and become the game it always could have been, but apparently EA and BW gave up on it and more importantly on us.

It sure as hell feels that way doesn't it :mad:

What angers me about this is there isn't even a public apology from the community manager, nor any type of Bioware representative presence in this thread.

Come on Bioware. This dude forked out $400 to see you guys and be apart of this game. I think the least you can do is say sorry for shafting him.

Edit: On the upside OP you might see something about 1313

Edited by Selvec

It sure as hell feels that way doesn't it :mad:

Yeah. I cancelled my 6-month recurring sub. I'll just buy time cards from now on. I honestly wasn't planning on it, but this kind of changed the way I looked at the game and its support.

What sucks is that in a lot of ways, this was the best shot for an MMO that I felt I could really get into. It seemed to be more casual oriented rather than hardcore (most of the ops weren't terribly difficult), it had a strong emphasis on story, and was in an universe that I loved (KOTOR 1 is an all-time favorite).

Guild Wars 2, Secret World, Elder Scrolls Online, Titan, etc. don't appeal to me the same way. Titan interests me the most because I think it has the best chance at delivering matured game systems with a game that runs smoothly, but I am concerned that it will cater more to hardcore players which means I'll be left behind with my limited play time. We'll see.

Crenshinibon, hit me up on Saturday. I'll buy you a beer.

They should have gone, and given away 30 day trials and generated some buzz.

Indeed, it would have been a great chance to pimp their upcoming F2P conversion. Yeah they might have caught a lot of flak but, if its that big of a problem for them then they shouldn't have made the game to begin with. Personally I figure it was part of EA laying off staff and likely slashing Austin's budget along with it. The money just isn't there anymore.