Paul Meegan - CEO of Lucas Arts - leaves company

NilanVoid

Good.

LA has been tearing apart game development for years, focusing exclusively on SW at the cost of their other franchises. I hope with Paul Meegan gone the next person to step up has a broader perspective, and brings LA back on track.

Oh and dismembers George Lucas, cause that would help to.

You do realize this will have no affect on SWTOR right? Lucas' involvement was to license the IP and OK the direction Bioware wanted to take the lore. Now all they do is collect royalty checks so unless the replacement demands a higher portion of the profits (which might not even be possible, depending on what kind of contract is in place), it won't affect SWTOR.

Good or bad news for SWTOR?

Most likely neutral.

But possibly bad. I read an article (no, I don't put a whole lot of stock into it) about a company that worked with LucasArts. I forget where, and who it was about (I am guessing SOE, but I really don't remember), but it basically said when their liaison changed their relationship went to pot. There deadlines got tighter and tighter, and their ability to work with LA practically vanished.

Now, if all of that is remotely true, a shake up of personnel in LA could put EA/BioWare in a tough position to keep LucasArts happy. And if LucasArts isn't happy, no one is happy. :p

But for the most part, I suspect SW:TOR won't even feel the change.

Good.

LA has been tearing apart game development for years, focusing exclusively on SW at the cost of their other franchises. I hope with Paul Meegan gone the next person to step up has a broader perspective, and brings LA back on track.

Oh and dismembers George Lucas, cause that would help to.

your cool, you flame Lucas online....while padding his pockets.

Meaningless really. LA had nothing to do with the creation of the game other than the licensing and lore aspects of the content.

BJ

Tell that to SOE. Was LA who forced SOE to make NGE and release it in 1 month.

Tell that to SOE. Was LA who forced SOE to make NGE and release it in 1 month.

What I do find interesting is is LA essentially collects the licensing fee for the Star Wars intellectual properties. When SWG was shutting down or when they announced it the discussion free to play was brought up. From what I recall SOE said that wasn't possible due to the licensing cost. Now this one in less than a year since production release and it is going free to play.

Since all contracts can be adjusted or altered by both parties that is not really an issue but somewhat strange how that happened. Considering the number of years dumped into this game.

-Tordo

Meaningless really. LA had nothing to do with the creation of the game other than the licensing and lore aspects of the content.

BJ

^ This. Only thing that could ever be affected if even are new TCW or Star Wars 1313 and other L.A. titles. Overall TOR won't see anything from this.