Vyel One - Valor 96 Concealment Operative 1.3 PVP

Nizel

Your favorite concealment operative is back, and bringing the pain to a whole new group of players on The Bastion.

Vote for me on swtormovies - Here

Check out my last video - Here

Alternative Links

V.87 1.2 On Youtube

------------------

Standard 3/31/7 build - http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/imperial_agent/operative/#::e5fe2fe7fe3f19ef6ef5ef2ef4

v.96 Clips are all 1.3 unless denoted.

Track Listing:

1. Orbital - The Saint

2. Twisted Sister - Stay Hungry

3. Lars Frederiksen & the Bastards - Switchblade

4. Meat Loaf - California Isn't Big Enough

5. Muse - Knights of Cydonia

6. Snoop Dogg - Its D Only Thang

Edited by Nizel

can you please show your gear or your stats!?

Would be very nice to know how you modified your equip!

I got 1200exp and around 2k cunning atm (74% surge and 39% crit) and i dont do damage like you... to often i got attacks who dont crit and only do ~1500 damage.

Edited by Laichzeit

You obviously didn't get the memo ... Concealment Operatives suck and are useless out of stealth!

/sarcasm

Great vid as always Nizel - that Civil War match from mid-way through looked like it was awesome fun :)

Thank you sir, that lightning sorc's electric bindings charged overload was clutch on the cap for sure.

I've never understood why people think our class/spec is terrible, that's one of the reasons that compels me to make these videos. If 3 or more people are tied up trying to kill me, and my teammates can execute on an objective because of that, that's a win for my team. We make excellent defenders, particularly in huttball.

can you please show your gear or your stats!?

Would be very nice to know how you modified your equip!

I got 1200exp and around 2k cunning atm (74% surge and 39% crit) and i dont do damage like you... to often i got attacks who dont crit and only do ~1500 damage.

Ok, this is sort of long winded, and typed on the fly, so bear with me here..

I am going to assume for the moment, that you lack power, this is a mistake as power boosts your overall base line damage more than cunning. While it isn't a tremendous amount more, it is noticeable.

The vanilla war hero gear is obviously terrible, so to resolve the issue, of too much accuracy, and too little power we look at two mods.

Enhancements - War Hero Field Tech Boots

Mods - War Hero Field Medics Leggings

(ensure that you maintain 105% special attack accuracy)

Now since the 4pc set bonus is also terrible, the original operatives have always used the T1 raid PVE enforcer set bonus, as 15% extra chance to crit on backstab is simply amazing, and leaps and bounds more useful than anything else. To make this viable for PVP, we use BM armorings in the shells (as pre 1.2 shells carry the set bonus, and not the armoring), and the afore-mentioned mods and enhancements.

To balance crit out, we look at a target of roughly 36%, if we add in our set bonus, that puts us at 51% crit chance on backstab, we run all 22 skill augments to help our crit, and give us more room for power on the mods. If we are still under our target for crit, we sub in some mods from War Hero Enforcer's Boots instead of the power mods to reach our target.

Now that our damage is in line, we want to look at survivability, so we use 2 war-hero-trappers-mk-1-enhancer

and 1 war-hero-trappers-mk-1-enhancer

Whether you opt to use a power crystal or an expertise crystal is up to you, I use the latter, and that puts me at 1320 expertise, and about 800 power.

You will be at about 80% surge, but its unavoidable, in a perfect world you would look to shave 5% of that off.

--

I hope that helps, happy hunting!

do you use orange belt and bracer?

I knew the trick with the pve t1 set already... but did i understand it right that you use only crit augments? no cunning augments?

how much cunning do you have?

(sry for my bad english iam german)

Edited by Laichzeit

do you use orange belt and bracer?

I knew the trick with the pve t1 set already... but did i understand it right that you use only crit augments? no cunning augments?

how much cunning do you have?

(sry for my bad english iam german)

I don't use them, I probably would if I had two 26 armorings, but I stopped raiding on my op after I was able to finally see the numbers for myself on test before 1.2 went live.

Skill augments are the cunning augments, I use them, not the crit ones.

I can't login to the game right now, but I think i'm around 1850 cunning buffed with the biotech stim running.

I've never understood why people think our class/spec is terrible, that's one of the reasons that compels me to make these videos. If 3 or more people are tied up trying to kill me, and my teammates can execute on an objective because of that, that's a win for my team. We make excellent defenders, particularly in huttball.

I think that you would do much better as a different class, with the gear advantage that you possess. Just because Concealment can perform with top end gear and enough skill, does not mean that it is balanced. For example, taking on 3 players would be far easier as, say, a Marauder.

And as for being good defenders in huttball? I find Concealment to be the worst defenders in the game in huttball!! Not sure what makes you say that, to be honest. I'd take any class, including a merc, over a Concealment Op, in huttball.

I am going to assume for the moment, that you lack power, this is a mistake as power boosts your overall base line damage more than cunning. While it isn't a tremendous amount more, it is noticeable.

Well, first of all, if you have Imperial Education specced, and the +5% cunning buff, then the difference in damage is negligible. I personally prefer +cunning because of the extra crit.

Secondly, it's not as if you have the option to trade cunning for power anywhere, except with augments.

Also, there's the option of getting: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/37613/war-heros-quick-savant-enhancement-26 after 75% surge, since you get capped so hard at that point, the extra alacrity might pay off more for self heals. But I guess that depends on how often you heal...

Secondly, it's not as if you have the option to trade cunning for power anywhere, except with augments.

I was referring to the crit component of cunning, stacking skill augments will allow you to have more play with power mods, as you won't need that extra crit mod to meet your target crit.

I think that you would do much better as a different class, with the gear advantage that you possess. Just because Concealment can perform with top end gear and enough skill, does not mean that it is balanced. For example, taking on 3 players would be far easier as, say, a Marauder.

And as for being good defenders in huttball? I find Concealment to be the worst defenders in the game in huttball!! Not sure what makes you say that, to be honest. I'd take any class, including a merc, over a Concealment Op, in huttball.

On your first point, I play an op in pvp because I love the class, I don't really care if I top the damage chart. With that being said, I frequently outdamage both marauders, and bounty hunters in warzones. I have a powertech, and its extremely boring, the rotation is stupid, the class as pyro requires absolutely no skill whatsoever. I can rail shot people for 90% ArP at 30 meters every six seconds, and flame burst crits as hard as my hidden strike, and its a spammable ability. I don't find that at all fun, or challenging.

As a five season rank 1 gladiator sub rogue from wow, concealment op is the closest thing to the classic thief/rogue archetype, a class that I have played for 15 years in mmo's. I don't want to play anything else, and I have a fully min/maxed raid geared marauder that I could gear for pvp if I so desired.

On your second point, I disagree, I can strip a ball carrier faster than any other class including marauders, I can outright intercept the ball if the enemy team crosses my path and I am positioned correctly (I demonstrate this at the goal line in my last video). While the average player may not see the enemy team setting up for leap frog passes or pulls in huttball. I do, and I intimately know every class and spec in the game, and how to counter them. I know which heals to burn through, and which heals must be interrupted at all costs.

Lets be honest here, a lot of people think concealment operatives are completely useless after their opener, yet I'm one of the few ops/scoundrels that have continually dispelled that fallacy in pvp videos since our very first major nerf. If you are a skilled player, you will excel in any role that you play, including a concealment operative. Stealth is an extremely powerful tool, but it is far from our only one.

^

Amen to this post. I practice a similar approach, though I'm a bit less attached to playstyle\archetype and more to interesting class dynamics\mechanics.

Excellent vid. I'm in the process of learning to play a Scrapper properly, and this vid gave me a few fresh ideas.

On your first point, I play an op in pvp because I love the class, I don't really care if I top the damage chart. With that being said, I frequently outdamage both marauders, and bounty hunters in warzones. I have a powertech, and its extremely boring, the rotation is stupid, the class as pyro requires absolutely no skill whatsoever. I can rail shot people for 90% ArP at 30 meters every six seconds, and flame burst crits as hard as my hidden strike, and its a spammable ability. I don't find that at all fun, or challenging.

As a five season rank 1 gladiator sub rogue from wow, concealment op is the closest thing to the classic thief/rogue archetype, a class that I have played for 15 years in mmo's. I don't want to play anything else, and I have a fully min/maxed raid geared marauder that I could gear for pvp if I so desired.

On your second point, I disagree, I can strip a ball carrier faster than any other class including marauders, I can outright intercept the ball if the enemy team crosses my path and I am positioned correctly (I demonstrate this at the goal line in my last video). While the average player may not see the enemy team setting up for leap frog passes or pulls in huttball. I do, and I intimately know every class and spec in the game, and how to counter them. I know which heals to burn through, and which heals must be interrupted at all costs.

Lets be honest here, a lot of people think concealment operatives are completely useless after their opener, yet I'm one of the few ops/scoundrels that have continually dispelled that fallacy in pvp videos since our very first major nerf. If you are a skilled player, you will excel in any role that you play, including a concealment operative. Stealth is an extremely powerful tool, but it is far from our only one.

TL:DR I'm so awesome!!!!!!!1 I make a class perform well, where another class would do much better.

Thank you sir, that lightning sorc's electric bindings charged overload was clutch on the cap for sure.

First off I always enjoy your videos. People think the class is terrible because it is. You have remodded all your gear obviously and it looks cool to kill noob sorcs with 5k crits. However, a PT, sniper , or Mara with that level of gear against those same noobs but be killing them in 2-3 seconds instead of 5-6 seconds. A sniper with 1800 cunning and 800 power would be getting 7k ambushes and 5k follow through on those targets. I don't play a PT but I am sure a railshot would be critting those guys for around the same as ambush. My point is, that after buying 3 full sets of war hero gear you are slightly above average at killing lower geared low armor targets. That is why people mostly quit playing operatives.

So, you have seriously bought a full suit of Enforcer WH gear and then went and bought another 12 WH pieces just for 6 mods and 6 enhancements?

Min max that's what it's about...most 85+valor players are all max out on stats.

So, you have seriously bought a full suit of Enforcer WH gear and then went and bought another 12 WH pieces just for 6 mods and 6 enhancements?

Indeed - I am in the process of doing exactly this. The Field Tech legs also have the power mod that you need, and personally I run with the 2pc PVE (backstab +crit) and 2pc Field Tech (extra tick on Orbital Strike) bonuses. I have enough Accuracy / Alacrity enhancements in the bank to equip a small army of Marauders / Sorc Healers where those stats actually matter.

Nice vids.. thanks for posting and this is no way a flame but I hope people don't watch these and thinks that's how an Op concealment works. Clearly critting for 5.8k on hidden strike is fighting totally and utterly under geared players. At one stage i was laughing watching the back peddlers.

Maybe your server does not have the gear of other servers.. or you have edited this to look good. I am rank 86 modding my gear as there is nothing left to do but as a healer I find Ops concealment the easy class. Maybe it's because i played one and know there weaknesses but at 1330 exp an op doesn't even get anywhere near close to doing those numbers to me.

Nice vids.. thanks for posting and this is no way a flame but I hope people don't watch these and thinks that's how an Op concealment works. Clearly critting for 5.8k on hidden strike is fighting totally and utterly under geared players. At one stage i was laughing watching the back peddlers.

Maybe your server does not have the gear of other servers.. or you have edited this to look good. I am rank 86 modding my gear as there is nothing left to do but as a healer I find Ops concealment the easy class. Maybe it's because i played one and know there weaknesses but at 1330 exp an op doesn't even get anywhere near close to doing those numbers to me.

I love how the assumption is always that the good Conc Ops play on under-geared servers, and never that the Conc Ops you face are under-geared. I have recently broken the 1300 exp mark and I am starting to get very close to 5k crits on Sorcs that I know to be nearly full WH with augments (closest I've seen is 4987 :( ), and I have not fully min-max'd my gear yet either.

Yes, PT's can crit over 5k in BM gear, but I wouldn't be surprised if the nerf-gun is aimed at them in the next round of adjustments.

Min max that's what it's about...most 85+valor players are all max out on stats.

Indeed - I am in the process of doing exactly this. The Field Tech legs also have the power mod that you need, and personally I run with the 2pc PVE (backstab +crit) and 2pc Field Tech (extra tick on Orbital Strike) bonuses. I have enough Accuracy / Alacrity enhancements in the bank to equip a small army of Marauders / Sorc Healers where those stats actually matter.

It isn't that I don't know that - I do. It is just a staggering amount of comms to attain for what ultimately amounts to a small margin when you consider you can get the BM mods vs WH mods. Granted, you don't have that option with the enhancements (thanks BW for giving Repubs the option of that enhancement but not the Imps). I just finished my WH suit yesterday and am now going to work on the min/maxing. I'm going to go the hard road with the Enhancments but I can't see myself doing that with the mods when, knowing my luck, the S1 could actually come out next week.

As for people ragging on the guy about how he could do better with another toon, do you think he could actually do better with a Decep Assassin? No, he couldn't. The only reason that people use the "You should reroll <insert class> because..." is because there is next to no class balance in this game. Assassins and PTs are beyond stupid right now and Marauders have a plethora of get out of jail cards all on insanely short cool downs. Conc Ops need some work done and nobody can deny that. But so do Mercenaries and a few other AC specs. Stating the obvious that playing a broken class at an equally high level compared to the Conc Op is just ignorant.

Edited by Trauglodyte

I love how the assumption is always that the good Conc Ops play on under-geared servers, and never that the Conc Ops you face are under-geared. I have recently broken the 1300 exp mark and I am starting to get very close to 5k crits on Sorcs that I know to be nearly full WH with augments (closest I've seen is 4987 :( ), and I have not fully min-max'd my gear yet either.

Yes, PT's can crit over 5k in BM gear, but I wouldn't be surprised if the nerf-gun is aimed at them in the next round of adjustments.

I run ACT so can see exactly what I am getting hit for... you??? (post some logs if you are) so i can say with 100% certainty how much a hidden strike will hit a 1330 exp player.

Plus... lets also remember min/max makes a slight bit of difference, so you are not cracking 5k on full wh sorcs. So you are actually backing up my findings. Min/max will not give you 900 more on a HS.. you think modding is going to give you 25% more damage?? Of course it's not.

5.8k crits are on undergeared players its that simple. To suggest otherwise is laughable.

First off I always enjoy your videos. People think the class is terrible because it is. You have remodded all your gear obviously and it looks cool to kill noob sorcs with 5k crits. However, a PT, sniper , or Mara with that level of gear against those same noobs but be killing them in 2-3 seconds instead of 5-6 seconds. A sniper with 1800 cunning and 800 power would be getting 7k ambushes and 5k follow through on those targets. I don't play a PT but I am sure a railshot would be critting those guys for around the same as ambush. My point is, that after buying 3 full sets of war hero gear you are slightly above average at killing lower geared low armor targets. That is why people mostly quit playing operatives.

This is a fair point, I personally enjoy the challenge, I don't pvp for 'stuff' I do it because I enjoy it. And while there are certainly clips that are pure entertainment value (read 5k+ crits) I also take on a fair amount of people that are in full war hero, and win, including a pre-nerf shadow tank.