Official F2P Announcement

Quinnt

Where did you hear anything about more content?

The new content is going to be accessable to the F2P players so they spend more money. The sub players are going to get screwed even more by getting less and less content that isnt aavailable to the F2P players.

In other words the way Bioware is going to make money out of this is by using cash shops or whatever you call them. Then all the money they put into the game will go into improving those features.

Bioware got your 60 bucks and your 15 bucks for 7-9 months so now they need to work on getting money from others. Hey if you dont like it then you can use the F2P model right and end up spending even more money.

I was refering to this:

"Over the coming months there will be more frequent Game Updates, including group content like Flashpoints, Warzones, Operations, and dynamic in-game events and more included in your subscription."

The whinging here sometimes....

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know if this is a record of a sub game going F2P? didnt even take them a year.

Was about the same time or sooner for Champions Online. The number of players went way up, more new content came in faster and it is still up and running.

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force... as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened. You'd better get on with your exercises."

The fact that they are giving CE players 1000 extra coins kinda miffs me, it seems like you should know all of the differences between CE and normal before you buy them......

Regardless; bad sign and I for one am suddenly more than a bit worried about the near-term future of this game. All I can say is Terror from Beyond better be spectacular (and coming soon) or I for one will be permanently unsubbing.

So...nothing changes for folks with a subscription, except we get some new coins for schmancy gear...and more content faster?

I fully admit to noobery here, but um....whats the downside?

The downside is that the IQ of your general chat is going to drop by about 20 more then it is now and the average age of the player will drop about 8 years.

Thats assuming that their claims about sub versus F2P end up being as accurate as you and I understand them.

Now, if they said "F2P players will be forced onto these other servers" then I'd be much more OK with this.

From what I am reading they appear to be using a F2P model like LOTRO which was a very good one. Us people who want to subscribe will have everything like normal but people who want piece mill buy things they also will. I know when LOTRO went F2P they actually picked up alot more subs due to smart people realizing that its cheaper. Either way it gave LOTRO the capital to put out 3 or 4 expansions since it went to it.

Looks like BW is even going a step further by giving subs first login priority. At this time I am enjoying this game alot so to me this is a plus if it means they will be able to provide us more stuff on a quicker schedule. Cause with F2P you constantly have to add new shinies for the F2Pers to buy to keep the money coming in.

Now if i can just get me 8 more character slots I will be happy.

if this turns in to a Pay 2 win Game cause this I will be rather pissed off. that game isnt even 1 year old and it going f2p, and most f2p games turn in a pay2win game which usual windup with the balance in the game be **** up the ***.

149.99$ for CE..

14.99$ since day one of the game...

For what? To have the game reduced to nothing and offered at 14.99 for people to come and troll on, and pay to win?

This is like a giant slap in the face from Bioware and after DA2/ME3...and now this, I'm basically at the point where I'm seriously thinking about not buying any other game by Bioware. If you guys are gonna be bunch of selfish, self absorbed, money grabbing d-bags, who don't LISTEN TO ANYTHING ANY OF YOUR PLAYERS AND FANS ARE SAYING then I'm not going to support you anymore.

Shame on you Bioware.

what do us collector ed owners get in this f2p model ? :p

What do you mean? Did you not already get a special box full of crap with your collectors edition? Like a statue and a book or something? Don't you already get access to some special vendor on your fleet? What else do you think you are entitled to? You have already gotten what you paid for.

If you want more, you have to pay more just like everyone else.

Edited by btsager

Wrong

1.3 million

Why are people raging so bad?

There is a sub model and a F2P model, subscribers recieve preferential treatement and don't have to pay an extra penny

quit yer freakin whinin'

1.3 million months ago, now we have so 26 servers with what? 4k or 5k limit population, just do the math plz subs must be like 200k or 300k tops.

and more content faster?

I fully admit to noobery here, but um....whats the downside?

More content faster, rofl. They couldn't make content even when people were throwing money at them, now that it's sunk to the lowest of the lows, content will be non existant. Mr. Lucas must be proud of this amazing masterpiece

I think you'll find they would.

Obviously they have.

With numbers like that they'd not have taken the huge PR hit of F2P.

What worries me more is how this affects any chance of an general expansion or more specifically a Jump to Lightspeed type space expansion. :(

More content faster, rofl. They couldn't make content even when people were throwing money at them, now that it's sunk to the lowest of the lows, content will be non existant. Mr. Lucas must be proud of this amazing masterpiece

Lucas doesn't give a damn. I also think Mr Lucas had bigger disasters with the 3 prequels than BW did with SWTOR.

Are they actually providing that option because I would just assume pay the $15 a month for unlimited acess assuming there's a point to keeping the Sub when F2P goes into effect.

EA & BW gods, PLEASE DON"T MAKE A REAL MONEY GTN. IT WILL RUIN EVERYTHING.

LOL that RMAH was a grade A train wreck in D3. Prob still is.

THAT'S EXCATLY WHAT I"M TALKING ABOUT IT'S LIKE A CANCER THAT SPREADS THROUGH THE ENTIRE ECONOMY AND KILLS IT!!!!!:(:mad::eek:

What do you mean? Did you not already get a special box full of crap with your collectors edition? Like a statue and a book or something? Don't you already get access to some special vendor on your fleet? What else do you think you are entitled to? You have already gotten what you paid for.

If you want more, you have to pay more just like everyone else.

the vendor the used the items to buy with the new coins yeah

or the vendor that was nvr updated like they said they would

This is actually one of the better F2P schemes I've seen.

It looks like the non-payers will get to do pretty much everything but operations, but the number of times they can do it is limited, which is nice. That way, my friends who left back at launch might be more willing to come back, try out the content, and maybe resume a sub if they like it.

A lot of people who haven't played TOR or who only leveled one character and quit will probably be happy to play class stories for free. I wonder if the travel restrictions will be crippling.