Stun complaint fix - LET US FIGHT

JeffIncredible

Whether you think there is a problem with stuns/resolve doesn't matter, just by looking at the PvP forums you can see a lot of ppl do have a problem with the mechanic. Here is a constructive feedback post to address that problem, that is unless you want no one left to play with.

Select several high damage abilities, you know the ones but there is room for discussion on this, that will break any CC currently on the target.

i.e. You were just electro darted and now you got wrecked by a Rail Shot. That Rail shot will break any and all CC on you.

And in case you haven't thought that far ahead yet this wouldn't effect 1v1 situations much at all since a knowledgeable player will wait to use their stun breaking ability til the stun is almost over anyways. Where this would have a big effect is the focus fire situations since it will be harder to control your whole team. The other way this would be of benefit is those chain stun situations. Even the Senior Game Balance dev said in the latest Q&A that not being able to fight is no fun.

Obviously the mechanic would have to be tested to see its effect and to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if there needed to be a 1 second CC immunity attached to it as well.

In conslusion:

LET US FIGHT

Whether you think there is a problem with stuns/resolve doesn't matter, just by looking at the PvP forums you can see a lot of ppl do have a problem with the mechanic. Here is a constructive feedback post to address that problem, that is unless you want no one left to play with.

Select several high damage abilities, you know the ones but there is room for discussion on this, that will break any CC currently on the target.

i.e. You were just electro darted and now you got wrecked by a Rail Shot. That Rail shot will break any and all CC on you.

And in case you haven't thought that far ahead yet this wouldn't effect 1v1 situations much at all since a knowledgeable player will wait to use their stun breaking ability til the stun is almost over anyways. Where this would have a big effect is the focus fire situations since it will be harder to control your whole team. The other way this would be of benefit is those chain stun situations. Even the Senior Game Balance dev said in the latest Q&A that not being able to fight is no fun.

Obviously the mechanic would have to be tested to see its effect and to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if there needed to be a 1 second CC immunity attached to it as well.

In conslusion:

LET US FIGHT

Stun qq is pretty much the new "gear gap is too large" bandwagon.

There is nothing wrong with stuns or resolve, and there is no need to change the game because there are already stun breakers, hard defensive cooldowns, and team-mates to peel and cleanse.

Lastly who is this us? Speak for yourself.

And in case you haven't thought that far ahead yet this wouldn't effect 1v1 situations much at all since a knowledgeable player will wait to use their stun breaking ability til the stun is almost over anyways.

Orly? I think I've identified your problem.

Isn't it so fun to get stunned by a mara's intimidating roar, have another hit you breaking the stun and have another mara or jugg intimidating roar on you again and then get stunned by a backhand or low slash after?

The chain stunning is getting way out of hand, heppans an awful lot now, hell I even do it to others sometimes because that's what this game's pvp is about and it's time to say that this needs to change.

I've pvp'd in many games since the 90's and this is one of the worst, Warhammer online is the only other game that has this much CC in pvp which happens to be made by the same guys doing the pvp development in this game, in most other games CC is an afterthought. City of Heroes has tons of CC but it also comes with heavy diminishing returns and breakfree consumables are cheap to obtain.

Edited by Sookster

Isn't it so fun to get stunned by a mara's intimidating roar, have another hit you breaking the stun and have another mara or jugg intimidating roar on you again and then get stunned by a backhand or low slash after?

The chain stunning is getting way out of hand, heppans an awful lot now, hell I even do it to others sometimes because that's what this game's pvp is about and it's time to say that this needs to change.

I've pvp'd in many games since the 90's and this is one of the worst, Warhammer online is the only other game that has this much CC in pvp which happens to be made by the same guys doing the pvp development in this game, in most other games CC is an afterthought. City of Heroes has tons of CC but it also comes with heavy diminishing returns and breakfree consumables are cheap to obtain.

Your knowledge of game mechanics is astounding.

I am sure that this was/is true for every game you play(ed).

:rolleyes:

The thing that needs to change are players attitudes towards game mechanics.

The system is not changing because little johnny doesnt like getting focused. So either adapt or move on.

As if the forums are a litmus test for everything wrong with this game...

People will get pissed off by things they don't understand, which will lead them to post on the forums. Just because the vocal minority is ************ doesn't mean there's something wrong with resolve, theoretically. Are there bugs with the resolve system? You can bet your ***. But it's all about intelligent play and not using your CC breaker on every 2-4s stun being thrown at you.

In conslusion:

LET US FIGHT

comon mister marauder. give other guys a chance to win.

stop trying to make this game moar dps race than it now.

and all problems with mechanics goes from ppl lazyness. you are too lazy to read articles about resolve system. you just wanna go to warzone and win with 2 buttons spam.

I'm sorry that you don't believe me but it did happen, I was trying to prevent one from arming the door in voidstar and there were a handful of us there but kept getting CC'd- of course my breaker was on cooldown from an earlier encounter. :p

stuns suck. no one likes it. the only ones defending it are the ones that have to use it to kill people cause they can't fight otherwise.

That being said, it is part of the mechanic though i do agree the cool down timer on stun break needs to be 1 minute, not 2.

As if the forums are a litmus test for everything wrong with this game...

People will get pissed off by things they don't understand, which will lead them to post on the forums. Just because the vocal minority is ************ doesn't mean there's something wrong with resolve, theoretically. Are there bugs with the resolve system? You can bet your ***. But it's all about intelligent play and not using your CC breaker on every 2-4s stun being thrown at you.

So what are you then? The same way ppl come to complain about things other ppl will come to defend them. The reality of the situation is that if enough people don't like something for whatever reason they aren't going to play. And like someone else suggested to move on, what are you all going to do when those people do move on? Enjoy your server transfers?

Even though it's not fact i'm sure that the folks that defend the stun/resolve system are playing the classes that can make the most of them. Contrary to to somes belief not every class can benefit from the system as well as others. So the answer is L2P instead of actually caring about balance.

BTW I do just fine in PvP, 72 (with a break) Sorc on Jung'Ma, Fulgur. Even having success it's obvious when things aren't right.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would've thought the simplest and easiest fix would be to implement a buff that you cannot be targeted by another stun until X seconds have passed (X being the amount, 5 seconds for example)

Seems simple enough, don't need to go rework a ton of skills to do so.

And in case you haven't thought that far ahead yet this wouldn't effect 1v1 situations much at all since a knowledgeable player will wait to use their stun breaking ability til the stun is almost over anyways.

Care to elaborate this part right here? o.O I would like to know how you'd choose the abilities that'd break CC. Certain abilities only do massive damage when spec'd into it, others do lots of mediocre damage abilities in quick succession. Couldn't some classes exploit this, particularly the DoTs specs since they can flow below the radar?

If you were to implement it you'd have way too much QQ because some classes have harder hits than others. If have to work something along the lines of a static amount of damage from all sources breaks the CC. 6-7k maybe, or 30%of your hp to balance it with people with larger health pools.

It annoys me to no end when I see some noob fill a resolve bar as he's crossing the finish line and my jump into the pit and pull move whiffs.

If you were to implement it you'd have way too much QQ because some classes have harder hits than others. If have to work something along the lines of a static amount of damage from all sources breaks the CC. 6-7k maybe, or 30%of your hp to balance it with people with larger health pools.

It annoys me to no end when I see some noob fill a resolve bar as he's crossing the finish line and my jump into the pit and pull move whiffs.

Now that's a good idea too. The way I would see that working would be you get stunned and essentially that stun would have HP and as you take damage it eats away at the duration of the stun. So if you that stun had 4k HP as soon as you took 4k damage the stun would end. Is that along the lines of what you were saying?

As another alternative I would still just like to see a second stun breaker in the form of a relic. That way the devs wouldn't have to change the system at all. Even if they upped the CD of the ability CC breaker to 3 minutes and put the relic on a 3 minute CD too you would be able to use them more tactically rather than spammably.

Care to elaborate this part right here? o.O I would like to know how you'd choose the abilities that'd break CC. Certain abilities only do massive damage when spec'd into it, others do lots of mediocre damage abilities in quick succession. Couldn't some classes exploit this, particularly the DoTs specs since they can flow below the radar?

You make a good point and a valid question. There would definitely have to be some discussion on which abilities would fit the criteria. DoT's would be an interesting wrinkle too. As far as which abilities there are some main class defining abilities such as Rail Shot and Smash that you can spec into to increase their overall damage. I suppose you could tie into those skill boxes the mechanic that if you increase this damage you will make this ability be a CC breaker. Just a thought. Not entirely sure about the DoT's since they take so long to actually deal their damage.

So what are you then? The same way ppl come to complain about things other ppl will come to defend them. The reality of the situation is that if enough people don't like something for whatever reason they aren't going to play. And like someone else suggested to move on, what are you all going to do when those people do move on? Enjoy your server transfers?

Even though it's not fact i'm sure that the folks that defend the stun/resolve system are playing the classes that can make the most of them. Contrary to to somes belief not every class can benefit from the system as well as others. So the answer is L2P instead of actually caring about balance.

BTW I do just fine in PvP, 72 (with a break) Sorc on Jung'Ma, Fulgur. Even having success it's obvious when things aren't right.

I said adapt or move on. That is actually sound advice considering its the only choice you have. Whining about game mecahincs that have existed for 6 months and all of a sudden now stuns are the major reason why people are leaving this game - it couldnt be that they are just bored or anything or any other myriad of reasons.

Stuns are part of pvp, as much as burst is part of pvp. Different classes excel at different things, I understand this concept well. If you want a pvp gibfest with 0 strategy remove stuns, change resolve - then watch the qq multiply.

I will say this again because it doesnt seem to be sinking in, classes that do not benefit a great deal from stuns and control have defensive cooldowns as well as stun breakers. The skill in stunning the game is learning when and how to cc with regards to resolve and knowing when to use ur cooldowns, that is part of this game, has been for 6 months. Now the qq train is saying stuns are ruining the game - this is a ridiculous statement because they have always been in the game, and no one left en masse because of that. There were numerous reasons - no ranked warzones, no open world pvp, class balance, boredom, lack of content, ilum valor farming at gy etc etc.

So basically, ye im happy with the system as it is and I will have my say whether you like it or not. I happen to think the resolve is broken camp are generally just terrible players that conjour up situations or exagerrate, i have yet to see any compelling evidence of being "stunned 3 times when my white bar is full" etc.

As for the people that say "they need stuns to win" - thats why they are in the game....If you dont use stuns or control when your class is good at stuns and control then you are frankly, a complete muppet.

Edited by PloGreen

There's nothing wrong with stuns... as most classes have only 1 stun at a roughly 60 second cooldown. Few classes have 2 stuns (mezzes/slows are different).

The only problem is taking multiple stuns in a row. The best and easiest solution is to make it so when you pop your CC breaker... you are immune to stuns(and maybe mezzes) for 10 seconds after that. That way it is you decision when to use your stun immunity pretty much... and you don't have to go changing the entire game.

I'd be happy with a WoW style trinket that breaks stuns on a short cooldown that you have to trade for the loss of the dps/survivability. Though maybe it automatically fills your resolve when you use it would make the trade office worth it.