EA-Bioware Walking Papers,Video Link,100+ laid off ,New Content delayed.

CritasStorm

Walking Papers,

The Republic EP100: SWTOR Slammed With More Layoffs, Server Forums, The Weekly Q&A .

Studio Head gone.

Head of Pvp Gone.

Game Director Gone.

100 more laid off and fired.

Lack of Direction for TOR.

New Content already delayed with no eta, Now will be even more delayed till EA decides whos in charge and what they wanna do with TOR.

Subs are now well under, down to under 350,000 subs.

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/video-game-shows/star-wars-the-old-republic-video/the-republic-swtor-show/

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

***. There goes my last bit of hope, definitely not resubbing. Thanks for this, I've been on the fence for the last couple of weeks but this helped me decide, although it's not the answer I had hoped for, it's better than being in the dark.

i wonder what a lot of experienced mmo players were thinking while stubbornly investing into this game no matter how bw "handled" the problems. wasn't it obvious enough ? you don't have to have mba to realize what's going on ..

as a lot of people predicted during pre-launch, this is exactly what a lot of hardcore players thought would happen 6 months after game's launch. well, most of us didn't listen, even insulted those people on forums like today's fanbois.

Sad, they made a mmo, and decided to make its endgame a copy of WoW ultimately killing it.

I hope they are happy with themselfs.

Honestly, the 2 month card i bought may be my last untill/unless they start adding the content that i have suggested, i have done everything in my power to try to steer them away from the cliff.

You can lead a horse to water, but can't make it drink.

I think EA have their investor call on Jluy 26th, maybe they will dig deeper into the numbers and what is going on. I feel really sorry for everyone who has worked so hard behind the scenes to push out this mess and have lost their jobs as a result.

But EA are cut throat and wont be scared to pull the plug if they have to.

None them have been replaced.

Some left weeks ago.

TOR team was at 400 during peak and for launch and few monthes past.

Its now with 2 rounds of layoffs back to back down to well under 85 people left to contiue to Develop for the game, this does not count customer support etc that answers phones and is outsourced.

BioWare Austin cofounder, producer, and vice president Rich Vogel leaves Star Wars MMO team as layoffs at Texas capital city studio continue.

He was the Senior Excetive Producer of TOR.

Before Founding Bioware Austin and being with them for 7 years, he helped launch Star Wars Galaxies and Ultima Online.

Walking Papers,

New Content already delayed with no eta, Now will be even more delayed till EA decides whos in charge and what they wanna do with TOR.

Subs are now well under, down to under 350,000 subs.

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/video-game-shows/star-wars-the-old-republic-video/the-republic-swtor-show/

So where exactly is the source for these two claims? I'm pretty sure EA hasn't had their investor call yet and considering we've just had a major patch, I find it hard to believe that the numbers have dropped 900k since the last call.

Edited by The-Vortex

The video, which is itself nothing but OPINION still concludes, in the opinion of the speakers, that this is something SWTOR will survive.

There is a difference between chicken little and supplying deliberately harmful disinformation

Is the game no longer in development? Is it in must in maintenance mode?

What is communicated from BioWare shows that they are in maintenance mode.

There's no indication of the commitment level from BW, or if there is further development of content.

Is the game no longer in development? Is it in must in maintenance mode?

What is communicated from BioWare shows that they are in maintenance mode.

There's no indication of the commitment level from BW, or if there is further development of content.

Except you know... the cenematic trailer for new content. There's no way EA would pay for that if they were just going to put the game into maintenance mode a week later.

Edited by The-Vortex

Except you know... the cenematic trailer for new content. There's EA would pay for that if they were just going to put the game into maintenance mode a week later.

Noyone can deny this game has been going downhill. I see people defending Bioware and SWTOR all the time, and saw nothing wrong with it, but now it's gotten to the point it's just irrational. There's been a lot of bad news lately and bad news keeps coming, and Bioware/EA keeps their lips sealed. That's not good, twist and turn it however you want.

Edited by SithVeritas

I'm going to fixate on the 350k subscribers number for a moment.

There will be 26 servers after the merges are completed. If we split that 350k up evenly among them, that's about 13,500 players per server. If we assume that 20% of subscribers are playing during any give prime-time, that's about 2,700 online per server at primetime.

I guess 350k seems plausible. If it were 1,000,000, that would be about 8,000 per server primetime and we know that's not where we are.

Wow. 1.7 million boxes sold in the first month or two and 350,000 subscribers now. 80% of the people who bought the game thought little enough of it to not be subscribing 6 months later. :(

but now it's gotten to the point it's just irrational.

Not at all. We know what this game was when we bought it. You folks didn't. It's not our fault you expected a fully featured AAA Sandbox MMO with no similarities/a lot of similarities to WoW. Those of us who like the game, like it. It's not irrational. It's a matter of taste. Don't like it? Stop posting, and go play something else.

They Fudged the Numbers last call.

They counted some players that had free time remaining and free weekend trials etc.

US servers down to 11 from well, well over 100 and same with Euro servers from 100+ to under 10, you dont even need Glasses to see this.

None of this is funny.

Sources inside Studio are telling us , their is no direction atm, alot of the Leads were let go, and have Director of the entire Game and stuido gone, and pvp.

Content was already delayed from last round of lay offs now, yet another without people within the Studio to Lead By Example and Set the Direction for TOR future.

Studio is now down to 85 people, Without Leadership, trying to make content, some have been insrtructed to start making free to play fluff items for sale in the store.

Those that remain are worried that more lay offs will happen sooner then Later and this is not how you want Developers to be worrying about right before the Holiday season haveing to look for Job let alone move in real life.

Does not inspire confidence, not to mention makes them stressed due to all the loses they now all have to work longer hours to make content , while looking over their shoulders entire time.

I'm going to fixate on the 350k subscribers number for a moment.

There will be 26 servers after the merges are completed. If we split that 350k up evenly among them, that's about 13,500 players per server. If we assume that 20% of subscribers are playing during any give prime-time, that's about 2,700 online per server at primetime.

I guess 350k seems plausible. If it were 1,000,000, that would be about 8,000 per server primetime and we know that's not where we are.

Wow. 1.7 million boxes sold in the first month or two and 350,000 subscribers now. 80% of the people who bought the game thought little enough of it to not be subscribing 6 months later. :(

You realize that in May of this year, subs were at 1.3 million, after it had shed a quarter of it's overall numbers (1.7). The game is doing fine. Not great, but it's not anywhere near the levels people say it is.

Noyone can deny this game has been going downhill. I see people defending Bioware and SWTOR all the time, and saw nothing wrong with it, but now it's gotten to the point it's just irrational. There's been a lot of bad news lately and bad news keeps coming, and Bioware/EA keeps their lips sealed. That's not good, twist and turn it however you want.

But that's the thing, why would EA, who have constant sub numbers, pay for a cinematic trailer (which are expensive to make) for content they plan to scrap a week later? No, what's irrational is the claim that the game dropped 900k subs in about 4 months without any real basis other than current server pops.

The game has actually gone uphill since transfers and mergers. Not sure what you're talking about.