I was a White Knight, Now I'm unsubbing.

TheGawdfather

Check my post history, I white knighted this POS like a Fanatic. It's too bad really the community is really good, one of the better MMORPG crowds going. We Deserved Better.

I'm not going to get into the reasons I'm out, They've been discussed to death, and The people who managed this game into the dirt aren't going to listen to me anymore then the other nearly HALF MILLION People.

Good Luck folks have fun, it's just not for me,

Feel free to flame, I'll never know.

Check my post history, I white knighted this POS like a Fanatic. It's too bad really the community is really good, one of the better MMORPG crowds going. We Deserved Better.

I'm not going to get into the reasons I'm out, They've been discussed to death, and The people who managed this game into the dirt aren't going to listen to me anymore then the other nearly HALF MILLION People.

Good Luck folks have fun, it's just not for me,

Feel free to flame, I'll never know.

There's a great moral to this story can the OP see it and understand it?

Welcome to the real world. Video game company's like EA don't care about fans only money. And this game isnt doing so hot with multiple rounds of layoffs and EA's stocks down 50%. But the good news is this game is a little more profitable then Tiger woods Golf but not as much as Madden so says EA's CEO

There's a great moral to this story can the OP see it and understand it?

Indeed there is.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: With all due respect, Master, is he not the Chosen One? Is he not to destroy the Sith and bring balance to the Force?

Mace Windu: So the prophecy says.

Yoda: A prophecy that misread could have been.

With a game that has over a million subs, don't expect a developer or moderator to answer each individual post quickly.

Also can I have your stuff?

Over 1 million subs? LMAO............

Haha

Thanks, I needed a laugh, oh wait you actually believe that? :D

Fanbois will wave people out the door, till in turn it's their time to go thru the door...

Back in December, this game had a great latenight crowd... constant MX shutdown the latenight crowd.

Here we are again, constant MX is shutting down the latenight crowd again.

Server mergers was a one time trick. Layoffs can only reduce overhead so many times.

People, we need these fanbois to get back on the subscription list... we need more players, not less.

Fanbois will wave people out the door, till in turn it's their time to go thru the door...

Back in December, this game had a great latenight crowd... constant MX shutdown the latenight crowd.

Here we are again, constant MX is shutting down the latenight crowd again.

Server mergers was a one time trick. Layoffs can only reduce overhead so many times.

People, we need these fanbois to get back on the subscription list... we need more players, not less.

The game needs every player it can get.

The irony is that back at release (and even early access and beta) people were making very constructive points about what was wrong (and, of course, those with unconstructive points too), but largely these points were mobbed by 100's of people that refuses to belive ANYTHING about SWTOR could be less than perfect (loading screens were apparently for "extra immesrsion". :eek::confused:).

And yet those very same people that mobbed people trying to make the game better have by now largely quit themselves, due to the very faults people were trying to get improved. :mad:

It'd be funny if it weren't so sad.

Edited by Goretzu

This is a joke and anyone that says this happens so often because it is a new MMO, is crap. We didn't have this many maintenances so often with DCUO or Rift.

I'm guessing you never actually played DCUO or Rift then? At least not at release. How about WoW? How about D3 (lolzur)

Oh no they're taking the servers down for two extra hours to patch and improve performance! Oh no it's at freaking 4am! Oh mah gawd the sky is falling the sky is falling. Lol children not getting exactly what they want exactly when they want it. That's all your post is. And Rift DEFINATELY had WAY more down time than SWTOR has had soooo yeah. You're incorrect.

The irony is that back at release (and even early access and beta) people were making very constructive points about what was wrong (and, of course, those with unconstructive points too), but largely these points were mobbed by 100's of people that refuses to belive ANYTHING about SWTOR could be less than perfect (loading screens were apparently for "extra immesrsion". :eek::confused:).

And yet those very same people that mobbed people trying to make the game better have by now largely quit themselves, due to the very faults people were trying to get improved. :mad:

This gentleman is 100% correct. If someone came here upset about something they got jumped on, stamped on, then shot in the back of the head... Just to make sure you didn't "speak out" against all that is Holy, the great God that is SWTOR!

Now? Now the same crusaders are leaving the castle, without closing the gate behind them.

It's never good to see players leave but... HA! TOLD YOU SO! NA-NA NA-NA-NA!!! (Sorry about the last part.. I couldn't resist! :o). :rolleyes:

Sweet, two "im leaving" threads before 9am. Today is looking like a fun day at thw TOR forums!

P.S: I was never a White Knight and even today I will call the devs out on their b/s and incompetence, but im not leaving anytime soon. Their stupidity is only in a few features that make me facepalm now and then but in the end this is still the best MMO out there. For me at least.

Only games which hold any water for possibly being better is WoW (obviously) and/or GW2. One being a dated, ugly, repetitive, corrupt, wannabe e-sport, snorefest while the other is .... Pay 2 Win (nuff said).

Edited by MasterKayote

I think people made constructive posts when they had hope that Bioware was listening. That hope is what has diminished. The game is the same game that the fanboi's defended months ago, but the lack of effort Bioware puts into everything from updates to the community, has diminished that hope and even converted much of it to frustration. Players will pay for a lackluster game when they have HOPE it will improve, but once hope is lost, even the most positive of people will turn.

This.

One being a dated, ugly, repetitive, corrupt, wannabe e-sport, snorefest

Your opionion is your opinion.

while the other is .... Pay 2 Win (nuff said).

Care to elaborate? I haven't been on beta, but I played first GW like 4 years and I don't remember ANY P2W elements. So I'm asking honestly - did they make something like that in GW2?

Edited by Terkov

while the other is .... Pay 2 Win (nuff said).

Yup a 2 hour buff can really make the difference in a game with no pvp gear, I hear if you spend $1000 to keep every buff up 24/7 you can kill zergs of 10,000 while solo... No wait, that was a dream I had... Nvm!

(*Whispers* There is NO play to win, it's a short crap guild type buff AND fluff gear! BUT believe whatever you want). :o

• Dev Post
Thanks for posting your thoughts and feedback. We appreciate the effort, but threads that center around leaving the game don't generally receive friendly replies, so we'll be closing this thread. We wish you the best of luck and encourage you to seek out one of the many feedback threads about the game (or the Suggestion Box) if you want to provide us with more information about your experience. Thanks!