Please Change Legacy! Its almost worthless...

Izariel

Please change legacy so that what you do on the legacy menu ALWAYS affects all legacy charcters in the tree. It makes no sense to have 2/3 of the options only affect the character you are currently on.

Please, if I have a level 50 character, I want to get xp bonuses for all my newer alts, not my lvl 50 character. And on that topic, everything in the legacy menu is far too expensive. Tens of thousands for only a negligent 2% increase in only one type of mission?

Please make the buffs more substantial and make them ALL legacy wide.

Please, make legacy actually mean something. For now, all it means to me is that I have access to one extra buff, which is from my main character. Thats it. Nothing else. That is not very exciting.

If however I can upgrade the experience bonuses from my main that affects all my alts, that would be meaningful. If I could get access to all the perks on my main and have them legacy wide, that would be meaningful.

ELIMINATE THE DISTINCTION BETWEEN SINGLE CHARACTER AND LEGACY WIDE ON ALL PERKS AND BUFFS, then legacy might actually be worth it.

Credit sinks MUST exist in an mmo or inflation will run wild. It sucks that you have to buy certain legacy unlocks on a per character basis but they are typically cheaper than the legacy-wide unlocks. If character specific legacy unlocks were suddenly made legacy-wide their prices would have to be multiplied x8 to compensate for the loss of the credit sink.

Maybe that is the answer: Legacy of Leadership I (10,000 credits for this character) or (80,000 for entire Legacy)

I think what they really need to do is implement alternate ways of earning the perks other than money.

Like for instance, to get the XP buffs you have to do that sort of thing X amount of times.

So, to get the first tier of space combat XP they should make it so you get it after 10 battles.

Alternatively they need to make it so that there are ways to make the purchases cheaper, as currently legacy level is nothing but an artificial barrier.

Buffs are fine as is i think.

If not, everyone could just create 4 level 1 chars (one of each class type) and have all 4 buffs from the start.

Getting it at the end of part of the class line is pretty fair i think as you'd need to play that class a fair bit to earn the buff.

I'm on the fence about the costs, yes i'd like it cheaper so i could buy everything, but then on the other hand, where's the reward in having something so cheap you could buy it all without even wincing? I think working towards it is more rewarding than just outright buying it right out of the gate.

Having things per char V's per legacy - i'd like to keep everything per legacy, since they are legacy level requirement unlocks, but i'm not personally bothered with xp boosts and whatnot.

Please change legacy so that what you do on the legacy menu ALWAYS affects all legacy charcters in the tree. It makes no sense to have 2/3 of the options only affect the character you are currently on.

Please, if I have a level 50 character, I want to get xp bonuses for all my newer alts, not my lvl 50 character. And on that topic, everything in the legacy menu is far too expensive. Tens of thousands for only a negligent 2% increase in only one type of mission?

Please make the buffs more substantial and make them ALL legacy wide.

Please, make legacy actually mean something. For now, all it means to me is that I have access to one extra buff, which is from my main character. Thats it. Nothing else. That is not very exciting.

If however I can upgrade the experience bonuses from my main that affects all my alts, that would be meaningful. If I could get access to all the perks on my main and have them legacy wide, that would be meaningful.

ELIMINATE THE DISTINCTION BETWEEN SINGLE CHARACTER AND LEGACY WIDE ON ALL PERKS AND BUFFS, then legacy might actually be worth it.

Yea I don't agree with you on all points.

I like the separation. I can give my main a couple very nice perks and don't have to worry about them on other toons. My main does not need an experience boost (for at least the next number of months) so there is no reason for him to have it. I can customize the leveling experience on every toon, be that space, pvp, class quests, exploring etc...

Plus it's cheaper having them on an individual basis than the legacy wide more expensive perks. I can buy a mail bot and repair bot that I can put down anywhere for 100K (IIRC) VS the legacy wide repair droid for 1 million. Sure it's only on one toon but I don't need that on every toon anyway.

So no, I can't agree with everything in your post. Sure the buffs could be more potent but since they stack they are pretty good (2+4+6+8+10 =30% buff) Thats pretty good.

I like the option for legacy wide perks and then character perks. I'm not leveling 7 alt toons at once so they don't all need every perk at the same time.

Edited by Quraswren

why change it, they need something for the future cash shop

BW spend allmost 3-4 months to crate this Legasy system and .... now you say that all this was worthless ....

P.S.

btw legasy is realy worthless

Legacy is a 'day 1' idea but it was implemented 4 mouths after initial launch. It was not ready at the time so it came in a update.

What is really needed is price levels in legacy. Right now my level 35 legacy is worthless. Sure I qualify for all legacy stuff, but who cares if I obtained minimum level long ago? Obtaining further legacy levels is pointless. The price of stuff should go DOWN the more levels of legacy you add. Make it worth it. Edited by Cooltrip

Credit sinks MUST exist in an mmo or inflation will run wild. It sucks that you have to buy certain legacy unlocks on a per character basis but they are typically cheaper than the legacy-wide unlocks. If character specific legacy unlocks were suddenly made legacy-wide their prices would have to be multiplied x8 to compensate for the loss of the credit sink.

Maybe that is the answer: Legacy of Leadership I (10,000 credits for this character) or (80,000 for entire Legacy)

I've made a some suggestions that inside it have a some cred sinks.

Legacy Library Database

Inheritance

other posts:

Denova (Rep vs. Imp PvP planet)

World Pvp My Ilum Map

Modifications Drops vs. Item Drops

Missions with different paths and endings

Patch 1.x Guilds

Guild HQs

Guild's Quests/Story

Space Instance/Operation

while you are correct

removing mods

training new abilites

crafting

augmenting

all of these are already huge credit sinks and bioware has said that the average player doesnt even have over 400k so why oh why do they need more credit sink when the majority of players are so broke?

-1 From me, I think it is fine as is. This legacy system places a role on the economy and what you choose to do with your money. Just off the first page the counter arguments are pretty valid. If it were legacy wide, then you'd have to spend eight times the amount. Further, you could just create a level 1 of every class and get their buff. Nah, I like being able to work for it more. It makes my selection in characters very critical and thought out.

/signed

Single character perks just beat the whole purpose of the legacy system.

I think what they really need to do is implement alternate ways of earning the perks other than money.

Right now my level 35 legacy is worthless... Obtaining further legacy levels is pointless... The price of stuff should go DOWN the more levels of legacy you add.

The costs are supposed to hurt to a certain degree but i totally agree there has to be an alternative way. There are already perks like this in the game (-> Rank X or Credits Y...). But substantial benefits just from gaining legacy levels is too easy. Decreasing costs is a really good concept to both make legacy levels above 25 worth something and to offer an actual choice.

Concerning credit sinks... regardless of gazillion other options for BW... I can think of one that would the job many times over... Custom ships ;)

Legacy is BWs baby, it'll never go away, and personally I think they devote to many resources to it and not enough to bug fixes and quality control. Legacy is made to make experiencing alternative content easier. BW has always been about story, so the Legacy system enables players to witness every possible story faster and faster with every alt. Nothing is stopping you from sending credits from you main to your alt. Doing 3 HMs a day, with only repair costs, no crafting or anything like that, you should be able to unlock as many as you want very quickly, even only doing one or two a day, you'll rack up creds. Personally, I don't want to pay 100 million creds for epic silk because the credit sink disappears and inflation just goes "weeeeeeeeeee, let's fly high!"

tbh i dont really care about the legacy buffs but other things like mail/marketplace and fast travel should be available alot earlier so it makes the gameplay more enjoyable. With lvl 50 i dont need all that stuff on my ship anymore. Barely travel when i reached max lvl. But at lower level those things would make alot more sense.

I leveled a character to 50 without anything from the legacy system. Why do people think it’s a MUST HAVE to level now?

Legacy perks are like Porsche. Just away to show off.

Agreed, I love my rocket boost, well worth the 4.5 million credits (btw I'm not joking, they're ace).

while you are correct

removing mods

training new abilites

crafting

augmenting

all of these are already huge credit sinks and bioware has said that the average player doesnt even have over 400k so why oh why do they need more credit sink when the majority of players are so broke?

Old information. If the average player still doesn't have over 400k then they are doing something seriously wrong.

Edited by juanni
To avoid double posting

This. All of this.

Is it really that hard, if you want to have the XP buffs for a new character to just mail the credits to the new character and purchase them?

Also, this.

The legacy system to me was potentially one of the best things they introduced but it just seems badly done to me.

The cost of the levelling boost perks is stupid. I have 3 level 50s now and I can't see why my legacy level just doesn't unlock these levelling options. The cost of it is stupid because of all the credit sinks you have to stomach at level 50. When you have to spend so much just to augment all your gear either crafting it yourself or buying it to remain competitive it leaves nothing to spare for buying levelling perks for alts.

Any time that you feel you have to do daily quests to feel you can carry on playing a game then something must be wrong. It's not a job, it's supposed to be fun!

Calling the legacy system almost worthless is way off.

First of all and most important, like previously said in here, every MMO needs a credit sink.

Lets start on the global legacy features.

- Buffs are very useful and should not be changed at all. Having all 4 instead of only one buff makes it easier to do the belsavis heroics solo, especially for me as a marauder, who dont have the best survivability. It's so good it should take some time to earn.

- Heroic abilities are a nice free adition. Having lightning storm on my warrior will only help me.

- Unlocking species is okay. Better have it than not have it.

- Emotes and "Legacy of Combat" is maybe the most useless in terms of actual reward, but I'm sure its nice for RP-players. I'd do fine without it, but I often use /warrior when I'm bored. It's a really nice animation:)

- Sacrifice/Unity has its uses.

- Different ship unlocks are all things that can come in handy. Especially the mailbox and repairdroid. Training dummy is in my opinion not worth it for the cost. Nor is the GTN, especially not for 5m :p

- Lower cooldown on fleet pass and quick travel. I got this, and I love it. I can use quicktravel more often while doing dailies, which makes it more efficient. Having fleet travel ready when needed is also useful.

- Rocket boost. If you think this aint great, then you haven't tried it. It's just great.

- Different stat bonuses for maxing out companions. This is by far the absolutely best feature in terms of rewards. More stats. I should not really have to elaborate.

And to the perks.

- Shuttles to different locations. To black hole being the most useful one (imo), as you probably go there a lot to do dailies. To your capital is for sure useful while levling, as you need to go there on several occations. Might also add that these perks costs very little compared to what you're buying.

- Speeder at lvl 10. Worth its weight in gold.

- Field repair droid. If you raid, you know how useful this can become.

- Field mail box. Not very expensive, so why not?

- Faster affection from companions. Not worth it in terms of money, but time is also money. I remember spending days maxing out my companions. Doing it faster? Yes please.

- Higher crit rating for crew missions. Will save you money in the end.

- Companions selling junk faster. I love this, and I'm sure others share my opinion. That makes it not worthless.

- Bonus experience. Maybe not the best feature as of right now, but what about when theres a new level cap? How much would server first 55 be worth? Or even world first 55? Assuming 55 would be the new cap.

And back to avoiding inflation. You're not supposed to get tons of cheap stuff. A credit-sink is supposed to take your money. I'm not saying the prices are perfectly balanced, but they should not be affordable after 3 days of doing dailies.

As for legacy level 20-50 being useless, I agree. But nobody are saying it will stay like this forever. I'm positive BioWare will add something more eventually. We just need patience:)

And back to avoiding inflation. You're not supposed to get tons of cheap stuff. A credit-sink is supposed to take your money. I'm not saying the prices are perfectly balanced, but they should not be affordable after 3 days of doing dailies.

The "credit sink/inflation" argument is well known so there is no need to constantly keep repeating it. From my understanding it is not about being cheap nor the actual use of certain perks. The unlocks should take some kind of effort, but there should be a choice between really achieving or just buying.

i.e. paying more than 2 million credits (if you feel the need to unlock almost every perk) for the first alt, the same for the second, as for the third... Well you see where this goes. It just beats the whole purpose of the legacy system itself. You could purchase an item from a NPC instead, there wouldn't be any difference as pointless legacy levels keep rising.

Anyways a few thoughts on credit sinks. I doubt anyone with 3-4 active 50s has a real problem with getting rid of his money. Also, there are way more interesting possibilities to generate credit sinks, say (once again) custom ships. And the really huge credit sinks in other MMOs are mostly optional and/or cosmetic anyways.

• 3 weeks later...