HK-51 Revealed

AlysonBridge

Wait, so I have to have 2 characters (1 being a 50 and 1 being a 25) damn it! I haven't been playing as much as I thought due to school at first and work now. You can't just go on this mission at any level with a single character?

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, so I have to have 2 characters (1 being a 50 and 1 being a 25) damn it! I haven't been playing as much as I thought due to school at first and work now. You can't just go on this mission at any level with a single character?

Why are you not able to do that then mate.

Ive been thinking about something what if the reason you need imp alt and a rep alt is because of the fp what have HK 47 in them. What if BW adds something to the lot drop for those fights that is need for the HK-51, like say memory cores or assassination subroutines. Mean that you comp is really hk-47 in an hk-51 body....:eek: think about it reps fight him at level 50 and imps mid levels. Edited by LordRichardEW

First I'd like to say that this was a pretty cool cinematic. However, I just don't get the draw of HK-51. Yes, I've played KOTOR... But he was probably my least favorite companion. But, I guess if THAT many people really liked him, there is nothing wrong with bringing him into this game.

Ive been thinking about something what if the reason you need imp alt and a rep alt is because of the fp what have HK 47 in them. What if BW adds something to the lot drop for those fights that is need for the HK-51, like say memory cores or assassination subroutines. Mean that you comp is really hk-47 in an hk-51 body....:eek: think about it reps fight him at level 50 and imps mid levels.

HK-51 is not HK-47. I really wonder how many times I have said that at this point. >.>

Ignoring that fact, the idea doesn't work because from what we know right now as the current info points to you being able to get HK-51 with a mid level Republic character and a level 50 Imperial. Since Pubs can't fight HK-47 at mid levels, the idea sort of falls apart.

Based off of what info I can still gather in game and from data rips, the most likely reasoning for the breakdown is that there will be a step to getting HK-51 that will require completing a quest in a new daily area(aka level 50) on Belsavis that should be in the next content patch and then you'll likely have to complete a quest for both factions on Hoth at the Fatality(the part that requires a ahcracter from the opposite faction) to actually get HK-51.

Don't think so.

That was what we know so far:

Daniel Erickson (Lead Game Designer): The only thing we’re saying today is its going to take a serious amount of work, involves a galaxy-wide mission, introduces some different ways of playing the game and most people will need to have a 50 of one faction and at least a mid-level character from the other faction. Get working on those Legacy characters!

From: http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-june-15th-2012#a

That was what we know so far:

Daniel Erickson (Lead Game Designer): The only thing we’re saying today is its going to take a serious amount of work, involves a galaxy-wide mission, introduces some different ways of playing the game and most people will need to have a 50 of one faction and at least a mid-level character from the other faction. Get working on those Legacy characters!

From: http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-june-15th-2012#a

Well that's another failure to keep the community happy. There's a huge amount of ppl and myself included who will NEVER make a Sith or even ppl that just want to stick with 1 character that shouldn't be "forced" into making something they don't want in order to get a new companion.

Well that's another failure to keep the community happy. There's a huge amount of ppl and myself included who will NEVER make a Sith or even ppl that just want to stick with 1 character that shouldn't be "forced" into making something they don't want in order to get a new companion.

The type of people you're describing have done that to themselves already...

If someone only plays 1 faction or worse...1 character they are misssing out between 20 and 35 companions.

HK-51 is (1) ONE additional companion, and there are 40 in the game. Why is everyone freaking out about it? No one is forcing you to play a 'Sith', but hey... you aren't complaining "I want to have Vette as a companion! But I don't want to make a SW! Why is BW 'forcing me to play something in order to get this companion!"

What's the difference?

That's the thing you know? 'Most people will need' is not 'Everyone needs' or 'it's mandatory'.

Keep complaining and maybe they'll send a prize for your mail to you will not be forced to play. For many people the challenge and discovery are the ingredients for a good time. It does not come without some hard work.

You should read the entire post to understand what this involves having companion and, if not good enough, don't do it. This companion will not change your gameplay, it's just an award for those who are empowered to do what the game calls.

Edited by lafr

I see a lot of complaints about the smoothness of the video. I watched it JUST fine, maybe your pc is crap or your internet too slow? This is an awesome reveal trailer. Can't wait until this hits the net.

I do not get what this is to do with this Thread at all.

I see a lot of complaints about the smoothness of the video. I watched it JUST fine, maybe your pc is crap or your internet too slow? This is an awesome reveal trailer. Can't wait until this hits the net.

Lol any vid that is posted on this site works way better everywhere else. It's this site haha.

----------------------------

But yeah, I just can't stop enjoying how we got the Orig voice actor for HK-47 / HK-51 in the Kotor games. :D

I Don't because then my internet would crash and I couldn't play :p

LONG LIVE TOR!!!!

FTW ^_^

I love this game - all eight of my alts love this game and these trailers and the dedication of the TEAM to this game... FTW!!!!

-head explodes-

thank you

I at least want the lighting and shading, as well as the sound from this video on the game. Because right now the lighting is practically non existent.

sheeeit people flaming the **** out of it already because you need a char on each faction?

i remember the reward for being level 50 - 30 free days, got flamed to death so everyone with legacy lvl 5 got the free month then lol

just proceed on what you doing bw! yes to long quest chain to obtain it and yes to a character on each faction!

Will they just make a movie with these awesome CGIs' soon or what?!?!?! Jesus, I wonder how many would see them

^ This. 120 minute Bioware directed Star Wars movie. It would be bigger than the Final Fantasy movie!