HK-51 Revealed

AlysonBridge

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was what we know so far:

Daniel Erickson (Lead Game Designer): The only thing we’re saying today is its going to take a serious amount of work, involves a galaxy-wide mission, introduces some different ways of playing the game and most people will need to have a 50 of one faction and at least a mid-level character from the other faction. Get working on those Legacy characters!

From: http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-june-15th-2012#a

Yes so here is my question...why bother jumping through all the flaming hoops? What's the point? you have to have one level 50 toon and another one at mid-level, probably over level 25 then have to go on this galaxy spanning Easter egg hunt...how much are you going to able to use him? The level cap in TSL was 50 but you could reassemble HK-47 and easily have him for the last 1/2 of the game--on the Empire side at 25 you're probably on Tatooine (speaking as a PVE'er who does not PVP and very little grouping) and I'm simply wondering if this bantha chase will be worth it...getting to 50 isn't a big deal. My BH on canderous is 42 and my Sin on Ebon Hawk is 36--i would have to grind a pub on EH which I'm not ecstatic about but if I want the pet that's what I have to do...I simply have my doubts it will be worth the time and effort--if we could select the 51 as a companion at the same we hit the fleet to select an advanced class, then you've got my attention

Yes so here is my question...why bother jumping through all the flaming hoops? What's the point? you have to have one level 50 toon and another one at mid-level, probably over level 25 then have to go on this galaxy spanning Easter egg hunt...how much are you going to able to use him?

If he is a Legacy unlock then you can use him on quite a lot of characters.

If he is a Legacy unlock then you can use him on quite a lot of characters.

Very true but at what point would he become available to an alt? 1st level? After an advanced class is selected? After chapter 1? I have absolutely no desire whatsoever to grind yet another imp alt--between balmorra and tatooine, it's enough to make someone want to open a vein...

Very true but at what point would he become available to an alt? 1st level? After an advanced class is selected? After chapter 1? I have absolutely no desire whatsoever to grind yet another imp alt--between balmorra and tatooine, it's enough to make someone want to open a vein...

Maybe after you get your ship. He would be waiting the whole time.

My best guess from what we know at the moment is that you'll have to run his recruitment mission with every character which is most likely on Hoth in the third zone(forgot the name).

My best guess from what we know at the moment is that you'll have to run his recruitment mission with every character which is most likely on Hoth in the third zone(forgot the name).

Then it won`t be a Legacy unlock anymore.

This being said.. I wouldn`t put it past them...

Nice, cant wait. But not sure where the quest will be at to get them. I am still a newbie on the game system. But cool trailer

When able to the mission to get HK-51 will be on the planet Belsavis. it will be interesting to see what direction this character is taken. Especially after the praise for HK-47 in both KOTOR games.

Possibly but if hes tied to a legacy, you should have to unlock him only once and at some point he would become available to all the toons in that legacy once a particular toon completes a specific event in his/her SL.

Although I would have preferred HK-47 as a new pet, it's very cool they are letting us have a 51--that was a fun level in TSL and impacted the endgame on malachor V...I always hated go-to....I'm just not sure going through all the time and effort to get him as a comp will be worthwhile...I already have 2 legacies and again do not want to roll and level yet another character so depending on the specifics, once they are released, I may pass

i just hope he says "Meat bag" like the original HK-47, by the way you guys that have played KOTOR, remember how the trem "Meat bag" came to be? i found it pretty inertaining.

These are HK-51 units. If you played Kotor II you'd remember that only HK-47 said "Meatbag." HK-51's say "Organics;" in Kotor II HK-47 even talks about the differences between his model and the 51's.

Edited by Eillack

Love how its in the near future, rather than soon.

If they can release a video for everyone to see then why cant they say in patch 1.4,1.5.1.6,2.0,346.4.

All it is is a teaser to try and get people to continue their subs waiting on it.

This is one more fail in the game. The game isnt about your character at all but instead about Biowares characters. You have to make alts just to get this companion. This game should be about our characters and not about companions which you dont use in PVP or PVE endgame.

I like the Idea that they bring in the HK assassion droids, But If you all remember this includes All you Dev's to in kotor, it was Reven who Programed HK-47 to call Malik a "MeatBag" and the only reason was Malik did not like being called a MeatBag........if you kotor fans out there who spent time and did the HK-47 quest would know that.

Also HK-47 was was not just Reven's droid, HK-47 has had many master before Reven came to be, grant it HK-47 template of design, fuction as a assassion with full protocals to kill any one that got in Revens way.......

I was reading most the rummors before they officialy annouced him , and I really thought it was already established that he would be on hoth in the ship graveyard section, some people had said they already found his ship but were unable to enter it. after all Im pretty sure the hoth codex said something about a crashed hk ship somewhere

These are HK-51 units. If you played Kotor II you'd remember that only HK-47 said "Meatbag." HK-51's say "Organics;" in Kotor II HK-47 even talks about the differences between his model and the 51's.

oh yeah, now i remember, all well will sitll be a fun Companion to have.