HK-51 Revealed

AlysonBridge

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rak_03:

just please, bw make sure you improve the animation so he won't stand around like a lifeless dummy. ugh! i swear the companion's animation just looks like it was designed be a bunch of ametures >.<

fix it already!

Ungh hungh. What she said. Captivating still life. Would love to see this sucker in motion. Maybe in a pink tutu.

Aww, looky. They're late to the party yet again.

Good job Bioware, staying a good 5 steps behind where you should be at all times, thank you for continuing to flood us with content and goodies that should have been here anywhere from 4 weeks to 6 months ago. Keep up the "hard" work!

well i hoping it will be a HK-50 body with some core programing for the salavaged HK-47 core. becuase if he not the wise cracking morbid driod we all love, i will kick his silver butt out the nearest airlock lol. i already got a butt kissing droid on ship.

All I can say is, there had better be a way to gear him that is on par with humanoid companions. I have all three classes with droid companions already and it is prohibitively expensive to gear them, with mod removal and the inability to even use armoring from head and chest, etc because they are tied specifically to a head or chest slot, and incompatible with droid sensor units, motors, cores, and parts.

So based on what we know at the moment, I think I know how the recruitment of HK-51 is going to go.

-First quest needed to recruit him will be in a new daily zone in Belsavis where you will end up fighting Hk-51s controlled by the Dread Masters

-Somehow or antoher you will become aware of the Fatality crash through this quest and you'll get a quest to investigate the crash(unlocking the crash site quests for your legacy)

-At the crash you will beat the White Maw pirates in order to get a ship's manifest to learn it was transporting HK-51s(this quest will be the one that needs to be completed by both sides in order for the crash of the Fatality to be "cleared out" of White Maw Pirates)

-The next quest will then be making the HK loyal to you by slicing him before activating him, unlocking him as a companion

Alternative possibility might be for the Belsavis daily area to be where you get the components to make the HK loyal to you, but I don't feel like that is the right set up since that is the quest that unlocks the companion meaning it shouldn't be the one that requires you to be level 50. Very annoying that the TORHead leak guide is gone now since I think I could work it out a little better if I had the full quotes it had ripped.

F yea HK-51. well all know its HK-47 tho ;) we all love him and now hes back :D ill be useing him alot. i loved his personality from the old games and hoped he would be in this one. time to kill some organics master ?

No it is not HK-47. It is HK-51.

Edited by Ranadiel_Marius

Awesome trialer. i cant wait for mine. so i heard a rumor that the level cap and the hk-51 will be after the one year aniversary. not sure if its true but i will glady wait for my hk-51. thanks bw.

You mean wait another 5 months? God I hope not. I mean why tease us like that?

The Belsalvis thing took me by surprise as well. I figured the 51's were on Hoth. And I'm not sure if this is a factory, or they are all on a ship. Who knows? One thing that I'm sad about. The HK-51's in KotOR 2 had icy blue eyes. Eh, I'm not going to get bent out of shape over it.

probbaly changed it so its more 47 like since we all cant have him :(

F yea HK-51. well all know its HK-47 tho ;) we all love him and now hes back :D ill be useing him alot. i loved his personality from the old games and hoped he would be in this one. time to kill some organics master ?
i feel sorry for my other companions i doubt ill ever use them again

I hope this companion is available to people playing on their own and not as a reward for another operation. I'm getting tired of being left out of the loop.

bioware have said you need one lvl 50 character and one mid level on the other faction, so far nothing on being a group quest i think people would rage if it turned out like that.

hope theres some custom apperances for him i want a rusty red 51 it inspires fear :D

Edited by Kaisernick

Another cunning or aim based companion... damn I feel sorry for BH's and Troopers... nothing but aim and cunning based companions. I hope that they release another companion sometime after this in which you can get a Voss force user companion or something like that... That'd be awesome to see.

Will HK be added to our companion roster or will we have to permanently dismiss a companion to make room for him? I.E. will i have to fire Rusk to make room for HK?

That would be great. My first command to HK: Shoot Ashara in the face until it stops being funny. My BH friend told me he would do the same with Skadge.

I saw that kind of droid at the game "Star Wars KOTOR 2" and he was not an assassin, he has a really big mouth, i mean i saw my friend talk to him for (i'm not kidding...) for half an hour...:sul_confused:

I hope that he's ready for some ******ery this time :i_mad:

Edited by DOUBLE-H

Statement: They had better say "meatbag" and praise their master's brutality and cruelty and show disgust to their master's kindness and charity. Otherwise they would not be proper copies of me.

Summary: Essentially their personality should be an exact copy of mine (HK-47). Their story and everything else doesn't matter. As long as I the progenitor am mentioned.

Warning: Otherwise I will have to initiate assassination protocols and commence firing.

(But seriously, everything up to the warning is a MUST. After all, HK was invented by BioWare for KotOR 1.)

Can't believe no one has asked this yet... What role will he fill? I'm assuming DPS, but he could always be a tank too!

Answer: He's the companion you can pull out during Heroic Moment that one-shot kills enemy A.I by firing a shot to the knees of your target 150 Kilometers away with an Arotech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Statement: They had better say "meatbag" and praise their master's brutality and cruelty and show disgust to their master's kindness and charity. Otherwise they would not be proper copies of me.

Summary: Essentially their personality should be an exact copy of mine (HK-47). Their story and everything else doesn't matter. As long as I the progenitor am mentioned.

Warning: Otherwise I will have to initiate assassination protocols and commence firing.

(But seriously, everything up to the warning is a MUST. After all, HK was invented by BioWare for KotOR 1.)

HK-51 is a religious droid with a firm belief that he designed by the Maker with the "sole function of deleting high-ranking organic troublemakers from the galaxy." He does not waste his efficiency with pointless word changes.