Official Q&A Thread for July 20th Blog Post

Any chance we can get a solution so that we can move our characters from one server to another that doesn't have 8 slots filled BEFORE the 30th? I'd like the rewards for all my characters but the destination for both my original servers has 8 slots full. (CS advise deleting characters!)

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will the addition of the new planet Makeb (and planets in the future) serve as continuations of class storylines; If so, will the story's of all classes continue?

For it seems that some had rounded off really well (Jedi Knight) while others seemed to have been left more open (Smuggler, Bounty Hunter).

Edited by -Captain-Tots-

Is there (or will there be) a facility to restore previously deleted characters at all?

I ask as I deleted a character previously, due to the 8 slot per server restriction in order to try out a Republic character on my server (I had previously only had 8 Empire characters), having read that in connection to server transfers, there wouldn't be any deletion of characters transferred to destination servers where players may now have filled out their character slots it sparked this question for me.

The group finder has been a turning point for this game. My server is always full of people enjoying random groups and it feels like there is much more to do now. It's a great success.

However, as it becomes more popular and more people come back to the game to try it, there is a growing problem; no tanks. I have a level 50 healer, tank, and dps (yeah I know, I need to get out more). The que times for my healer are about 5 to 10 minutes, while my DPS can wait as much as 45 minutes. My tank, however, has been instantly put in a group every time I've hit the que.

My personal opinion (based on the reasons I don't play my own tank) is that the root of this has to do with frustrating fight mechanics as a tank (you feel like a ping pong ball in a lot of zones) and the resent wave of nerfs to tanking specs that accompanied a wave of buffs to DPS specs.

Do you have any plans to visit this core problem and adjust the tanking experiences? Or do you have another solution to this problem in mind.

Will BioWare and Star Wars: The Old Republic be officially sponsoring / participating in / creating a team for the Extra Life charity fundraising event October 20?

(Extra Life is a 24-hour gaming marathon to raise money for local Children's Miracle Network Hospitals.)

Can you maybe give us an idea of the new Planets (besides Makeb) to come in the future? Planets like Manaan, Kashyk and Kamino were such awesome planets in the movies and Kotor games with real vertical environment potential as well. I cant wait to play more SWTOR with my high level Characters!!

Also will there be in the future access to buying/aquiring new starships for your Characters? i.e. the long lost Ebon Hawk or some other ships?

Is there any plans on the crafting to be able to make items more colorful? In other words you can craft a specific item but in a variety of colors. This may help some of the crafters when they are crafting items. A variety of colors would be a great addition to the craftin and possible make crafting more viable.

When using your companion to, "Farm" a node, does his or her +crew skill points, ie: +10 scavenging, +10 archeology effect them? It seams my returns on scavenging nodes are always more then my companion that has a + 10 scavenging crew skill perk.

Cany we expect any improvements in DPS Operative Lethality tree? Possiblity to generate TA (tactical advantage) from distance attack? Increased time the TA stack hold up before expiring? Flashbang that is not broken by DOTs? Fixing the issue with staying in fight after death while your DOTs are still up somewhere? Edited by tatatan

Having stuck so closely to the very narrow World of Warcraft format,

are there any plans to broaden the game to a more community driven player interdependant format?

eg. the original SWG format. pre CU pre NGE.

Greetings everyone!

We wanted to give you a gentle reminder about the guidelines of this thread as we have had to remove several posts lately:

In order to increase the chances of having your specific question answered and to help us keep the thread manageable, here are some guidelines on asking questions:

1. Keep your question relatively short. Background details are welcome, but don’t go overboard.
  2. Please actually ask a question. We want to hear constructive feedback elsewhere in the Forums.
  3. Use common sense – we cannot answer everything, especially on far-reaching content.
  4. This should go without saying, but be respectful.
  5. Limit yourself to one question in this thread, please. You can always ask another question next week!
  6. And finally, as a reminder, this is not a discussion thread. Do not comment about what somebody else has posted.

If you would like to see previous questions and answers from other Community Q&A Blogs, please make sure to visit our Community Q&A Blog Archive!

Thank you!

Edited by Ellvaan