AHHH, the lag in warzones

rotatorkuf

I don't know if this issue is just specific to the Prophecy of the Five server, and I don't see any other threads about this but...

WHATS UP WITH THE FRIGGIN LAG SPIKES IN WARZONES BIOWARE!?

Is there any priority in getting this looked at / fixed?

I hope it's been reported and being looked at at the very least.

We've lost matches because the game just freezes for seconds, sometimes close to a minute of intermittent lag.

Earlier today, everyone, EVERYONE, in a huttbell experienced lag for almost the entire match, people teleporting, balls being lost, it was pretty bad.

Edited by rotatorkuf

I don't know if this issue is just specific to the Prophecy of the Five server, and I don't see any other threads about this but...

WHATS UP WITH THE FRIGGIN LAG IN WARZONES BIOWARE!?

We've lost matches because the game just freezes for seconds, sometimes close to a minute of intermittent lag.

Earlier today, everyone, EVERYONE, in a huttbell experienced lag for almost the entire match, people teleporting, balls being lost, it was pretty bad.

its been reported, but there response is its not us its your internet connection. but honestly since 1.3 hit I get huge lag spikes everywhere not just warzones. Before 1.3 I used to get 1 or maybe 2 lag spikes a day. Now I get 2 or 3 a hour. It's very frustrating (especially in warzones).

yeah this is not user related for sure

it's server wide lag spikes, everyone i'm with in vent experiences it at the same time

hope to see some kind of positive response from BW devs

and yes, this has been happening only since 1.3

Edited by rotatorkuf

Lag will always be a common thing in MMO games, until all the kinks are worked out. My biggest pet peeve is that a majority of people refer GRAPHICS performance stutter to internet latency issues. But I have experienced it in Warzones especially, and they are not cool.

I initially blamed it on my transfer to Harbringer, but this thread has me convinced that it has everything to do with 1.3.

It is simply coincidence. The transfer and 1.3 happened at roughly the same.

Before 1.3, everything ran smooth a silk. They fubard something up with that patch.

Edited by Sungas

WHATS UP WITH THE FRIGGIN LAG SPIKES IN WARZONES BIOWARE!?

I play on Tomb of Freedon Nadd EU. Lag spikes were in almost each warzone we played last evening. In a Void Star it was so bad, that we even capped a door and the other team had no chance to interrupt the cap due to the screen being completely frozen for 2-3 seconds a few times over. We were basically seeing screenshots that were changing each 2-3 seconds. It was the absolute worse LAG i ever saw in this game so far.

EVERYONE experienced this lag: our team, their team, everyone. It is NOT our problem. It is server lag, game lag, client lag (pick one BW) ... it is not in the player's control. It has been happening since 1.3 went live. Bioware, acknowledge it's existence please and fix this asap, it makes for poor competitive play in Ranked Warzones and not only !!!

I play on Tomb of Freedon Nadd EU. Lag spikes were in almost each warzone we played last evening. In a Void Star it was so bad, that we even capped a door and the other team had no chance to interrupt the cap due to the screen being completely frozen for 2-3 seconds a few times over. We were basically seeing screenshots that were changing each 2-3 seconds. It was the absolute worse LAG i ever saw in this game so far.

EVERYONE experienced this lag: our team, their team, everyone. It is NOT our problem. It is server lag, game lag, client lag (pick one BW) ... it is not in the player's control. It has been happening since 1.3 went live. Bioware, acknowledge it's existence please and fix this asap, it makes for poor competitive play in Ranked Warzones and not only !!!

Hey there, I'm also from that server too, I concur with what this guy is saying, because this is the very reason I have had to take another 'break' from War zones. I can just about manage some limited Open world PVP, but yes the lag is very bad on our server in general every where. It all started after 1.3 was released, yeap.

Yeah the lag is just terrible right now and this was not an issue prior to 1.3. Huttball seems to be the worse. Its everyone who is experiencing this as well, when in vent we all instantly stop and start complaining about the lag spikes.

The Shadowlands here and yes, absolutely horrible lag since 1.3. I think it has gotten worse since the unplanned downtime we all had the other day. Warzones were almost unplayable on my Gunslinger yesterday. up to 3-5 second delay just trying to crouch.

Noticing some lag spikes as well. Kills Huttball for me, since that is the only warzone that has not been optimized right now. My friend is playing better on his laptop since 1.3 due to the server optimizations but 1.3 has hurt my ability to play on my computer. T_T

P5 & have been experiencing this as well. In mumble, everyone will experience it at the same time (those in the same wz) and it was even worse last night. Happened on planets as well as the fleet and wz, and a 1st for me... in my ship.

I think we are all experiencing simultaneous lag spikes lately. Wasn't that why they rebooted the servers last week without warning? I think they are aware and will hopefully fix.

What I have also noticed is that client-server communication has seemed to improve dramatically. I've noticed far less teleporting and force pushing people over my head and behind me and into the endzone, or further down the bridge instead of off the bridge. I can actually aim a push at one of the pillars around the fire pits in huttball and roast the carrier. So satisfying when I get it right!

Anyone else noticing this stuff working better?

I'm beginning to think that the Devs don't play this game nor get feedback from their employees that play this game (if there are any).

This is definitely not user side. This is a Server side problem. It has happened ever since 1.3 went live. I have been MMO gaming since 1997 and I can assure you, my connection and computer are the best that money can buy ...

Blaming this problem on us is just another reason to believe that no one at Bioware is playing this game in Warzones, or don't play enough to realize the problem to begin with.