The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Now that recruit gear is free.

Raansu

There needs to be a requirement to have a minimum amount of expertise to even be allowed to queue for a level 50 warzone. If you want to take that 300k credit token then you just lost your chance to enter a warzone. There is no excuse to be going into a warzone with pve gear with recruit gear being free now.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There needs to be a requirement to have a minimum amount of expertise to even be allowed to queue for a level 50 warzone. If you want to take that 300k credit token then you just lost your chance to enter a warzone. There is no excuse to be going into a warzone with pve gear with recruit gear being free now.

Saw a sage yesterday who came in with 0 expertise. She had around 1400 more HP then me (I have 1277expertise). She died 8 more times then me & did 200K less damage then me. I dont understand what they are thinking. They do less damage, take more damage and do less healing when they have no expertise.

Saw a sage yesterday who came in with 0 expertise. She had around 1400 more HP then me (I have 1277expertise). She died 8 more times then me & did 200K less damage then me. I dont understand what they are thinking. They do less damage, take more damage and do less healing when they have no expertise.

Ya there was two sorcerer's in a match I was in a little while ago with one wearing all rakata gear and the other wearing leveling gear with mixed greens/blue...I mean really? I think people are just taking the credit token instead of the gear. They need to remove the credit token imo.

that's why you keep voting them out until they buy a set of recruit gear.

Voting people out is impossible in this game. Requires 7 people to even activate it and for the person to be afk away from any objectives.

Agreed.

But there are two problems with that:

1) There are a lot of PVE'ers out there who want the War Hero Relic of Boundless Ages.

They have no intention of really pvping, they just want to grind the damn thing because it's better than the campaign equivalent.

2) There are a bunch of morons on these forums, swearing that PVE gear is better than recruit gear. Afterall, hitpoints are sooo much more useful than expertise in PVP. :rolleyes:

Edited by Totaltrash

Agreed.

1) There are a lot of PVE'ers out there who want the War Hero Relic of Boundless Ages.

They have no intention of really pvping, they just want to grind the damn thing because it's better than the campaign equivalent.

2) There are a bunch of morons on these forums, swearing that PVE gear is better than recruit gear. Afterall, hitpoints are sooo much more useful than expertise in PVP. :rolleyes:

1) Recruit gear is free now. PvE'ers or not they have no excuse not to have at least recruit gear. So I don't see that as a problem. Bad players are bad...but at least with recruit gear you will contribute a little bit.

2) I'll never understand that logic when they never do as much damage and always die twice as much. You would think when they get hit for 6k they would realize they need expertise, but again this is why I say requiring expertise to even queue should be added. Honestly it's no different than having a group finder have a gear check added to it (something else this game needs.)

So I really don't see either as a "problem" imo.

Edited by Raansu

In the defense of those ppl who goes into the 50'es without recruit. They might not know they can get it for free?

or maybe they know it sucks and isnt any better then pve gear...

i just dont understand why people think its any good you still die in 4-5 hits when facing BM or higher....the only thing recruit is good for is going against other people in it..

i just dont understand why people think its any good you still die in 4-5 hits when facing BM or higher....the only thing recruit is good for is going against other people in it..

Ignorance is bliss.

They need to remove the 'cash out' option from the Token.

Either use it to gear yourself, or your companions.

"There will be no money, but.... on your death bed, you shall receive total consciousnesses"

But I already have enough comms to buy one part of my WH set, when I hit 50, why should I have to take this part of recruit gear?

I'll rather buy the second relic than have 2 chestpieces

It isn't good, but it is better than pve gear.

Edited by Never_Hesitate

But I already have enough comms to buy one part of my WH set, when I hit 50, why should I have to take this part of recruit gear?

I'll rather buy the second relic than have 2 chestpieces

It isn't good, but it is better than pve gear.

true.... but people need to stop acting like recruit is worth a dam...they are both crap

why? because i understand that recruit gear and pve gear suck or are you saying that you were ignorant to that fact?

it seems most are...

Because PvE gear in PvP sucks way more, than Recruit gear in PvP.

The reason is the expertise you get on the Recruit gear.

Because PvE gear in PvP sucks way more, than Recruit gear in PvP.

The reason is the expertise you get on the Recruit gear.

lol...it also has more to do then just having 1000 expertise..

my 18k BM gear guardian will easily destroy a recruit or pve gear player....both gear suck in pvp PERIOD .

people need to stop acting like they will do any better in recruit... you still need 2 of them to guard a node or kill anyone thats bm/wh geared.

lol...it also has more to do then just having 1000 expertise..

my 18k BM gear guardian will easily destroy a recruit or pve gear player....both gear suck in pvp PERIOD .

people need to stop acting like they will do any better in recruit... you still need 2 of them to guard a node or kill anyone thats bm/wh geared.

Yes, you do.

My pt tank does have around 17,5k life in recruit gear, so high hp don't mean anything.

But most players in recruit gear, don't even have tionese gear and will do better in recruit gear than in lvl gear.

And 1k expertise makes some difference.

You will not be able to stand agains a bm/wh geared player by any means, but it will take them 3 hits and not only 2 to kill you.

Edited by Never_Hesitate

Such ignorance...let me guess: you never modded your gear, right? I just dinged 50 on my vanguard alt and combined 2 sets (eliminator and combat tech) to maximize the crappy aim/surge/crit recruit have.

Most people that are serious about wz pvp will equip recruit unless they really didn't knew, tell them they'll equip it in an instant.

The people that knew and still didn't buy any recruit are just terribads that would underperform even in full augmented wh (backpeddling 100m, healer facetanking maros/pts and such funky stuff) , so they are a spot waster anyway. One should be actually be thankful to them since its kind of an easy readable bad player mark so tanks won't waste a guard or healers a heal on them.

Edited by Graziell

Such ignorance...let me guess: you never modded your gear, right? I just dinged 50 on my vanguard alt and combined 2 sets (eliminator and combat tech) to maximize the crappy aim/surge/crit recruit have.

Most people that are serious about wz pvp will equip recruit unless they really didn't knew, tell them they'll equip it in an instant.

The people that knew and still didn't buy any recruit are just terribads that would underperform even in full augmented wh (backpeddling 100m, healer facetanking maros/pts and such funky stuff) , so they are a spot waster anyway. One should be actually be thankful to them since its kind of an easy readable bad player mark so tanks won't waste a guard or healers a heal on them.

Did you quote the wrong post or did you just read it wrong?

Agreed.

Hell even the recruit relics are good in many cases, I use 2 of the shield ones for my PT tank.

Yawn, not more complaining about "under-geared" PvP at 50.

You know what, they all pay the same as you so if they want to run around naked, that's up to them.

Less QQ, more Pew Pew.

Some pay even more.

Americans pay 15$ (If I'm not misinformed)

Swiss' pay 20 Swiss Francs (about 20,3008$)

So should our opinions about the game be worth more than theirs?

Do not take this post serious

Edited by Never_Hesitate

The problem with recruit gear still exists, it is ugly and there is nothing a player can do to change it.

Trooper - why does the gear have rockets and a jet pack when that would more sense on a bounty hunter.Overall look D+

Smuggler - Knee high boots are ugly and the look is a cross between an Alderaanian noble and a bad looking cowboy. I actually refuse to wear this armor on my smuggler and therefore dod not PvP on him. Overall look D-

Knight - Again why the ugly knee high boots with the giant knee pads. I can live with this outfit because I can hide the helmet. I am not a big fan of the space samurai look. Overall look C

Consular - Do not get me started on this outfit. No shoes just cloth wrappings are dumb and not practical. The robes look tatered and make the player look homeless. The helmet is not bad, but why does the outfit come with a front facing fanny pack. Overall look F

Inquisitor - I thought the consulars had it bad, but this outfit takes the cake. Giant shoulder pads with lights, gloves with volcanoes and lights, the neck line with feathers, and the hat with feathers. It looks like a male peacock. Overall look F-

Having the mods be removeable or sell the mods separately or bundled together so players could place them in orange outfits.