Quitting War Zone matches is AWESOME

richardya

Nah, make it really suck for them for an hour. Something like the rackgoul plague, but make their body explode in a big rainbow colored cloud every five minutes, and if they haves rating , it goes to zero.

Make it a damn punishment.

BUT first make the game stable enough to where I won't be disconnected for no reason.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have won the "lost" fights so many times before, you quitters will never learn how such victory tastes like.

Yup, had a voidstar the other day where the other team got to the core with about 10 seconds left, mainly due to bad timing on respawns. 3 people quit at the begining of round 2. We got to the core in less than 4 min thanks to not having to deal with the losers that gave up. Please do not punnish those people. That would make them more likley to stick around and just guard an objective while afk so they cannot get booted.

25% expertise debuf each time you quit a ranked warzone without finishing it. Lasts 15 minutes or until you complete one.

20% damage received debuf if you quit a normal warzone without finishing it. Lasts 15 minutes or until you complete one.

Pink glow while affected by either debuf.

25% expertise debuf each time you quit a ranked warzone without finishing it. Lasts 15 minutes or until you complete one.

20% damage received debuf if you quit a normal warzone without finishing it. Lasts 15 minutes or until you complete one.

Pink glow while affected by either debuf.

Ok, why should there be a punnishment?

The debuff should consist in the inability to join another match until the left match finishes. There should be a debuff because some players are abusing the quit war-zone button. The PvE group finder has a leaving penalty. I don't understand why the PvP one shouldn't. We are talking about PUGs in both cases.

We have won the "lost" fights so many times before, you quitters will never learn how such victory tastes like.

The only reply in this thread worth reading if you wanna be serious about this. Also, you get better by losing some and learning from that, not by rolling every match with superior gear/skill/class composition.

And to those of you that can't detect the irony in OP post: :rolleyes:

Pro Quitter Trick - Inspect your team at spawn and they are not geared up to the T just quit and let them start out shorthanded, lol, they should have geared up.

Ok why in the heck do you think there playing pvp for ther looks there trying to "GET GEARED UP" so its kinda hard when idiots like this quit every match that doesnt go there way...:mad:

I know what you are thinking, it's not fair to your teammates. LOL It's their fault, not mine that we are losing, they are bad and don't call "Inc" or they are medal farming, why else would we lose? OR it's Biowares fault because if I lose it's because I am playing against premades.

What about the poor guy who fills in for you?

Too bad on him, it's Biowares fault, not mine.

Some of your ex-teammates (after you quit the "bads" team,) will send you whispers, just call them "kids" and then ignore them.

Ok Really,,, Im mean Really,, "Oh dear god please dont let this guy be on my server":eek:

Why do you think they give you a [Leave Warzone] button??????

If there was an emergency you would ignore the game and if something came up in real life, you would just close the game.

You are supposed to quit

Yes for "EMERGENCYS" Geexz dude thats why not for quiting when a match doesnt go your way:confused:

Now I know your only trying to troll people and or make a point and if that your thing then so be it but I am praying you dont do any of these things "which Im pretty sure" but one good thing I do see of this post is that you do point out what people do in the warzones on a daily basis :rolleyes: Which I do know "IS" the whole reason of this post so 2 thumbs up for that and lets hope BW takes notice ;)

Ok why in the heck do you think there playing pvp for ther looks there trying to "GET GEARED UP" so its kinda hard when idiots like this quit every match that doesnt go there way...:mad:

Ok Really,,, Im mean Really,, "Oh dear god please dont let this guy be on my server":eek:

Yes for "EMERGENCYS" Geexz dude thats why not for quiting when a match doesnt go your way:confused:

Now I know your only trying to troll people and or make a point and if that your thing then so be it but I am praying you dont do any of these things "which Im pretty sure" but one good thing I do see of this post is that you do point out what people do in the warzones on a daily basis :rolleyes: Which I do know "IS" the whole reason of this post so 2 thumbs up for that and lets hope BW takes notice ;)

Sadly there are some people, who think the way the op describes.

(I don't think the op does think that way.)

Give the quitters a 'cowards' debuff which prevents Q'ing up again for 1 hour and make their toons glow pink to reflect their shameful actions.

no, nope should be 'yellow' not pink... (I also happen to like that colour anyway) But yellow is of course for coward.

Edited by dronepilot

100% agree. As a full war hero player, I don't really enjoy having recruits on my team. Half the time it gimps the team. No thanks. Rather Wait 2 more mins for a better group k thnx.

How should I as a recruit geared player get better gear if we loose every match, because the elitists think they deserve better?

As long as PUGs foced to play agains PMs quitting is OK.

Never said it wasn't OK to quit. There are some valid reasons to quit - it's just an unranked warzone after all. Maybe the doorbell rang, the phone, your kid needs you, a raid is starting, your premade logged in and needs you. Then there are the selfish reasons which basically amount to "I'm not having fun." And since this is a game, well, whatever.

My point was that the logic of quitting every time you are behind or don't like your team make-up can make it take a very long time to actually complete a warzone if you are unlucky. I think the math just doesn't support the strategy.

Personally I'd rather spend that hour earning loss rewards, maybe turning a game around, and getting better at playing my toon, than watching loading screens, waiting for queues, and spamming my buff during the prematch wait.

I never quit a warzone unless I'm interrupted at work or at home. It doesn't bother me at all either when other players quit a warzone. I don't play a warzone to win it anyway. My primary reason is for the comms to get gear. Other than that I'm just in it to have fun. Whether we win or lose makes no difference. Sure, I get more comms in a win, but I do enough warzones that it's irrelevant. I already have full BM gear on 2 of my companions, and am currently working on my second set of WH gear. I usually get about 90 comms in a loss, so a loss isn't really a big deal.

I see nothing wrong with players quitting the warzone. Remember the game is working as intended. :p So there's really no reason to take it out on the players. Take it up with Bioware. ;)

My point was that the logic of quitting every time you are behind or don't like your team make-up can make it take a very long time to actually complete a warzone if you are unlucky. I think the math just doesn't support the strategy.

It depends if you are a pro quitter. If you wait around and try and "comeback" like a noob then the math does not work. If you quickly identify your team as bads and drop it works perfect.

Pro - Quitter

1 minute quit

1 minute quit

10 minute win

1 minute quit

30 second quit

1 minute quit

15 minute win

30 second quit

15 minute win

15 minute added between matches

Total 60 minutes three wins 420 comms daily done

Hero who plays w bads

10 minute loss

15 minute loss

15 minute win

10 minute loss

5 minutes between matches

Total 55 Minutes 1 win 440 comms no daily

**Edit for math error

Edited by richardya

I only leave if there's too many undergeared players, if the other team 3 caps Novara or Civil War within 1 minute of the match start, if it's the same premade that I've been facing all day, if I have a phone call or something important to attend to.

Every game lets you leave the WZ/BG at will, some games has a debuff timer after you leave (like WoW).