Who were you in SWG?

Lord_ExarOs

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a fencer. I was a swordsman. I was an unarmed master. I was a hunter. I was a ranger. I was a tracker. I was the bane of Krayts and Kreetles alike. I was the enemy of Nightsisters and a friend of Jawas.

I was an explorer. I was a drifter. I was a roamer, a wanderer, a nomad, and a vagabond.

I was an ace pilot in the Storm Squadron, Black Epsilon and the Imperial Inquisition. I was Darth Vader's instrument of death in a ship he gave to me.

I was a moisture farmer. I was a miner. I was a weaponsmith. I was a stim addicted slicer. I was an interior designer. I was an entertainer. I was a mayor. I was a doctor. I was an architect. I was a billionaire. I was a builder of cities and starships and I shaped worlds.

I was awesome!

Edited by StormdriverOne

I started "life" on Valcyn, 3 months after the NGE hit, where I was known as Ivini-tu and TK187 (spelt out)... I move over to the Test server where I basically broke the game for fun...

After becoming self-taught in the arts of Solo'ing all content; TCPrime started up and I quickly became one of the better known members of the community - mainly infamous for my Anti-AFK griefing and breaking anything and everything the QA said was fixed (EA, learn how to freaking run a TC from Sony, seriously).

When the free transfers hit, I moved what alts I could to Starsider... where my love of BM grew more and more; the only reason I continued to play was for that; Ivini and Ivini-tu (I couldn't be bothered to think of a 2nd name)... I became -NRA-'s raid leader and all around solo artist, including solo running the ISD (something I'm looking forward to again if the Project ever comes close to what soe's version was).

One of my only real regrets, other than not playing the last 6 months of the game, was never managing to loot a Wampa DNA sample or the backpack; oh... and being only 1 card short out of 4, for the floating cloudcity house.

Edited by Mistress_Ivi

Ssstefan, a big wookie smuggler, first on intrepid and then sunrunner, then flurry. (had a total of 32 toons on 4 different servers lol but this was my main) Long live DW! Our guild is still alive and well but now here in TOR with many of the original guild members.

...I'm toying with the Emu of Galaxies...rolled an Trandoshan named Argonis...Doing the Chef thing...

...No real role playing going on because everyone is dead nuts set on their skills...

...I feel like all I do is sit on harvesting nodes when I'm not grinding out crafting...

...Or standing at the shuttle station waiting for shuttles...

...Or driving across featureless terrain with rubber banding that's hellicious...but that's because of the hardware being used to keep the game running...

...Who the hell buys food anyway? All people deal in is metal and watch Dancers in cantinas...

...Not saying it's bad, but it feels more like I'm coming home from one job, and logging into another.

Edited by Listerman
Spelling error

I started "life" on Valcyn, 3 months after the NGE hit, where I was known as Ivini-tu and TK187 (spelt out)... I move over to the Test server where I basically broke the game for fun...

After becoming self-taught in the arts of Solo'ing all content; TCPrime started up and I quickly became one of the better known members of the community - mainly infamous for my Anti-AFK griefing and breaking anything and everything the QA said was fixed (EA, learn how to freaking run a TC from Sony, seriously).

When the free transfers hit, I moved what alts I could to Starsider... where my love of BM grew more and more; the only reason I continued to play was for that; Ivini and Ivini-tu (I couldn't be bothered to think of a 2nd name)... I became -NRA-'s raid leader and all around solo artist, including solo running the ISD (something I'm looking forward to again if the Project ever comes close to what soe's version was).

One of my only real regrets, other than not playing the last 6 months of the game, was never managing to loot a Wampa DNA sample or the backpack; oh... and being only 1 card short out of 4, for the floating cloudcity house.

I sure miss the Space Cow, from TCP...

I played on TC I had a level 42 (roughly) trader leader of TU (Trader's United) kinda left him since the guild was way to inactive my main. my main was on Icedude from bloodfin (rockin combat ent like a boss) I then moved to starsider .

RIP SWG

I can't remember the name of the server, but I was Fum Fei and Frumy Frenzy.

Fum was fulltime doctor and crafter, beginning his day checking for new ressource spawns on a website. After that he would survey for a good lot to harvest some ressource with incredibly good stats and put his harvesters on it. Then he would take some samples, head of to his laboratory, put on his working clothes and experiment on a new buffpack schematic. He put those together with the ressources into his factory. Lastly he would put together custom packages of buffs in his for excellent buffs well known vendor in his house, in his town and was excited to see whenever he sold everything over night. Meanwhile he would enjoy the off the rails Jump to Lightspeed and decorate his Spaceship or shoot down stuff.

Crafting was perfect. I was never into crafting until Star Wars Galaxies, which made my main character a full time crafter. It was incredibly satisfying. Crafting and Jump to Lightspeed, this is what I want to see in Swtor. Regarding crafting:

- ressource spawns with (one or more) quality rating

- ressources' quality rating influences the schematic you make

- experimentation on the schematic/formula depends (better lab - better experimentation)

I still miss those times, I played from launch until NGE. This is more than I can say about WoW which I played from launch until Swtor showed up. But the fondest memories of my mmo-life are with being a crafter in Star Wars Galaxies, it simply was too well done.

Edited by Frumyrfrenzy

My main was Malec on Ahazi. Was a Master Artisan (1st professions to master) then I respeced and mastered TK, Commando, then finally CM and Smug, which were the last ones I ended with. Left a bit after NGE came along. I do miss the Restuss PVP. Guild left for WOW after NGE, I was the one to jump ship. I did reactivate account once every six months to check out stuff. I actually did like the zombie area they added.

Alts were Turel- master imp commando

Verisa- neutral master structures

I know I had a 4th toon but cannot remember the name, but it was a medic class.

Tried the emu but as i only joined SWG in 2004 i didnt do alot of pre CU stuff so cant really get into that emu.

Looking forward to http://www.projectswg.com/ though as once live, this will continue the game as it was at the end.

Still play Tor of course but will also go there as miss cities/housing/proper crafting etc

I was one of the first Teras Kasi Master's on Starsider.. a Trandoshan named Ulliam.

One of my favorite things to do when I wasn't killing Imps was decorate and re-decorate my house.. heh. My favorite was doing the custom aquariums.. wish I would have kept some of those snapshots.

I played for probably the first 6 months after release.

I was Gidrea there, too. Born on Ahazi, died on Starsider. I had a crafter turned entertainer, too, named Koolaed. Spent a lot of time refusing to buff Imps in the Mos Eisley cantina. :cool:

http://i705.photobucket.com/albums/ww51/GidreaLightsky/sunset.jpg

Rabid Mountain'Squirrel. Former BH, BE/CH, TK/Dok. Can't even remember what server I was on its been so long now, I left right after CU. That game was pimp. TY Sony for ruining my life for about a week, until I got over it.