Who were you in SWG?

Lord_ExarOs

I was curious how many old SWG vets are now playing SWToR. I was amazed by how many people in GC talked about old SWG stories. So who were you in SWG?

I started off on Starsider as "Exodia Omega" (I know, horrible name). I was, to my knowledge, the first Master Bounty Hunter (Before mounts and tracking fix). My guild (TAO) eventually moved over to the Radiant server for fresh PvP. On Radiant I was "Exodius".

I still remember a lot of old names: Kizer, Shindo, Idejder, Iphea, H'bsr, Lok'naster, Boshi, Elvis, Sheree, and many more.

So who were you?

Edited by Lord_ExarOs

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was originally Eahi on Wanderhome. Started a few days after the NGE with an IRL friend (IGN Ettere), we met a guy (IGN Dogmeat) and started the Imperial Pilots guild. We were never very big but as far as I can remember we were pretty well known throughout the Space community. When the free server transfers came around we picked up and moved to Starsider.

I was Skarp, Henu, Hadspen and Skarpypoo :) i PVPed with BH skarp and my others i PVE's or crafted with. I do miss the Chilastra server and alot of people on there.

Shout out to anyone from Chilly server and a huge /wave to WsP guild.

My entire guild quit when NGE launched. I messed around a bit with the new stuff but SWG was never the same again. I remember launching SWG on day 1, that should show my age a little, never had that much fun in any MMO. Then came player cities, mounts, vehicles and so on.

Some of the stuff SWG did, I wish BW would pick up on. Player bounties were amazing, open world PvP was the best, player housing (How does a 2012 MMO not have player housing?).

I miss the good ol' days

Edited by Lord_ExarOs

I was Fahllas Starwalker, Jedi and 14 years old (to explain the name). I to lost interest somewhat after the NGE patch. Last memorable time I played was the Battle of Restuss...

Also:

My entire guild quit when NGE launched. I messed around a bit with the new stuff but SWG was never the same again. I remember launching SWG on day 1, that should show my age a little, never had that much fun in any MMO. Then came player cities, mounts, vehicles and so on.

Some of the stuff SWG did, I wish BW would pick up on. Player bounties were amazing, open world PvP was the best, player housing (How does a 2012 MMO not have player housing?).

I miss the good ol' days

Yes! Bioware should definitely take inspiration from what SOE did with the Social stuff. IMO that (And pvp spacecombat) is what The Old Republic really needs, a good social aspect and community features. A simple thing like being able to just sit down in chairs would enhance interaction with other players, for those interested in that of course. We should make a thread or something and really bring this up because I think it's a very important discussion.

Edited by FilipHolm

I was born on Gorath as Seekra Ocir, after a few skirmshes with the Imperials I fell to the dark side as Kurtz Darny. Eventually population issues in the last year of SWG I transfered from Gorath as part of D.P.S. to Chilly as part of RPD.

Ran various alts on Starsider and other servers!

Day 1 vet....

Began on Lowca and transfer to Bloodfin before the server transfers.

Obeu Lightingsky - Human Jedi (Ranger, BH, Doc & Swords, Carbineer, TKA, Chef, Merchant)

Adeptt Lightingsky (my unlock char) - Human Squad Leader pre NGE. Commando, Spy & BH post NGE.

Dagma (post NGE) - Crafter

Currently playing Adept Lightingsky in the EMU (anything is better then this POS)

Edited by Adeptt

Day one Vet,& one of the few who stayed in SWG from beginning to end. Many friends were made & lost. I think a lot of people put up with the changes of the CU. When the NGE hit the game was lost from what early players were used to & liked. After that I always said the game was bad,but I stay for the players I know & continue to meet.

So a shout out to all my past SWG players. I stayed on the Chilly server.

Kuho - Elder Jedi

Inee - Commando then Medic

Woffie - The Servers Laziest Architect LOL!

I just sold Saber Resources. Kept me lazy & kept me Rich! lol.

I don't remember my original server, but we ended up on Bria. My characters were:

Eakai Bimeec - Ithorian Male - (Original from launch) Went Commando at first then ended up being Shipwright at the end.

Civa - Human Female - Originally had the name Seve, before moving servers. She was my Armorer. Very challenging to make "good" armor!

Cisos - Human Male - Made it to max level in NGE as a Commando, then no one wanted to play in battlegrounds because they might lose. Dissappointing. Just stood there talking smack to each other.

My brother and cousin had some jedi hopeful chars, but that went away with the NGE. And they went away as well.

If a Jedi padawan were allowed to group with friends (Pre-CU) to defeat the hordes of Bounty Hunters coming after them (and camping their house), you know what I mean, that would have saved the "idea" of becoming a Jedi. Or, just don't let Bounty Hunter groups gank a lone Jedi. This feature was in place before "grievance" bounties, which were more fun to do (from what I hear).

Almost forgot my post NGE jedi character, Avan. Boring. I've signed on with SWGEmu just last week. Looks good. Now if I could only remember how to play...

Started out on Eclipse in 2003 as Mich'ael Paladin, and took him to Master Commando. Spent a few years on the original Test Center, and had several toons there one of which was a 12 point Master Weaponsmith, also made the first player made DE-10. Ended up on Starsider during Convergence, still using Mich'ael Paladin, did hang out with some of the lowlifes known as Halyn, Anishor, McCay and others. :-)