Ranked Warzones have made non-Ranked Warzones less fun

NathanielStarr

Not even began looking at playing Ranked. Mostly because of several points, I consider in this. One is my class, Ranked Premades pretty much do not want a Consular Jedi in their team, they want Maras/sentinels Juggernauts Guardians - if they are looking at any jedi class at all.

Makes it hard for me to find a group to play with, no I think more normal PVP is better for me right now, besides, I am still saving tokens up for other gear items I need. I wouldn't ever want to walk into a Ranked WZ unless I am fully geared and augmented anyway. Right now I have a mix of BM and WH gear (all War Hero gear is Augmented) though, just replacing BM pieces. its more of a WH >BM mix, swaying more on WH.

I think my place really is in casual PVP right now because of the points I made. However, if So called Ranked pre mades are entering normal WZ's there is not much you can do about that, as far as I am aware, they can do this while they are waiting for a rated WZ to pop.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you not read my previous post? I guess you are just another bad player that queues with your other bad friends in unranked warzones and kills a bunch of recruit geared players that have no team coordination and actually enjoys it.

Sad.

I'm sorry if you think four people in a normal warzone isn't an automatic win. Must be really bad.

http://i.imgur.com/DpG2w.jpg?4222

I'm sorry, did you say something?

Not even began looking at playing Ranked. Mostly because of several points, I consider in this. One is my class, Ranked Premades pretty much do not want a Consular Jedi in their team, they want Maras/sentinels Juggernauts Guardians - if they are looking at any jedi class at all.

Makes it hard for me to find a group to play with, no I think more normal PVP is better for me right now, besides, I am still saving tokens up for other gear items I need. I wouldn't ever want to walk into a Ranked WZ unless I am fully geared and augmented anyway. Right now I have a mix of BM and WH gear (all War Hero gear is Augmented) though, just replacing BM pieces. its more of a WH >BM mix, swaying more on WH.

I think my place really is in casual PVP right now because of the points I made. However, if So called Ranked pre mades are entering normal WZ's there is not much you can do about that, as far as I am aware, they can do this while they are waiting for a rated WZ to pop.

Not true at all. We run with two balance sage dps and they do just fine. Good players are good players simple as that.

Edited by Raansu

Oh man we got a pro over here with 1500 rating...

27-5, thats all that matters to me. The rating system is a joke. We win and get 10 rating points out of it and barely get 2-3 matches a night because people stopped queuing as the same 3 guilds dominate everyone else over and over and until we get cross sever its never going to get any better.

Edited by Raansu

27-5, thats all that matters to me. The rating system is a joke. We win and get 10 rating points out of it and barely get 2-3 matches a night.

Its not a joke, if you win against scrub teams then you're going to get a low rating.

http://imgur.com/DpG2w

I'm sorry, did you say something?

Not true at all. We run with two balance sage dps and they do just fine. Good players are good players simple as that.

Linking your mediocre queue dodging pvp stats doesn't change the fact that a 4 player premade of average players will still massacre 90% of the random warzone teams out there.

Hey if you need to run premades to win at random warzones thats cool. There is nothing more fun than effortlessly stomping a bunch of noobs over and over right? I bet it is even more fun for them.

Pure skill LOL

Edited by Kraegore

Linking your mediocre queue dodging pvp stats doesn't change the fact that a 4 player premade of average players will still massacre 90% of the random warzone teams out there.

Hey if you need to run premades to win at random warzones thats cool. There is nothing more fun than effortlessly stomping a bunch of noobs over and over right?

Pure skill LOL

4-player premades happened before Ranked Warzones and will happen after too. I don't understand the purpose of this thread?

Its not a joke, if you win against scrub teams then you're going to get a low rating.

It is a joke. I've yet to get any more then 15 rating points even against the good teams we beat that have similar win records as us. There simply is not enough teams playing.

It is a joke. I've yet to get any more then 15 rating points even against the good teams we beat that have similar win records as us. There simply is not enough teams playing.

Then the good team obviously wasn't highly rated. Just yesterday we got +16 for beating a decently high rated team (1800's).

Edited by iNeXxS

4-player premades happened before Ranked Warzones and will happen after too. I don't understand the purpose of this thread?

The purpose is that no one enjoys being smashed by all of the premades queueing for unranked while waiting for (long) ranked queues.

Its like a 30 year old punching a 4 year old child in the face. There is no challenge, and anyone that enjoys doing it is sad.

Edited by Kraegore

Hey if you need to run premades to win at random warzones thats cool. There is nothing more fun than effortlessly stomping a bunch of noobs over and over right? I bet it is even more fun for them.

Pure skill LOL

Queue dodging? lol. I do my fair share of pugs just like everyone else especially when I'm on my alts that are on the other faction. Doesn't change the fact that I enjoy playing with my friends and when we don't have 8 we play in the normal warzones and when there is no one online I go solo. I'm sorry that I like playing a game with friends and you enjoy being anti-social. Suck it up and deal with it or go do something else. Warzones are perfectly fine the way they are set up right now aside from not having cross server queue's which we need badly.

You want to solo and force everyone else to solo as well. Ranked warzones are perfect for the full premades. Asking to separate the four man groups from normals is asinine. Get some damn friends.

And don't come to your mind to think that maybe the majority of people simple don't care about rating, egoboosting and such thing? but only want to play and have fun?

Yes the number of people playing matters, and thinking everrything is fine is simple false.

ps sry ofr my english i don't speak it well.

Then the good team obviously wasn't highly rated. Just yesterday we got +16 for beating a decently high rated team (1800's).

Ooooh wow 1 extra point more. The rating system currently is broken because there is not enough teams. There are literally only 3 good teams on our server atm. No one can get a decent rating when a queue doesn't pop for almost two hours.

I really think these premade teams are fooling themselves... it's a given that there are a ton more ppl queing up solo (ie a lot more casual players or players with limited play time). Who do you think BW is going to cater to in the end........ the ppl who pay their checks or the minority? They might hold off for a bit (maybe too long to save the game), but in the end, they will have solo ranked ques and no ranked teams (or no 8 man premades) entering the non ranked wzs.

I don't think anyone if fooling themselves, bioware is doing their best to cater to both. An mmo cannot survive without both the casual and hardcore gamer. And it cannot survive without a proper community where people come together to achieve a common goal. Bioware has already announced that this is preseason of ranked warzones and that season one will have both solo queue and eight man queues. The game also has a mechanic where it prefers to put two premades against each other. As a person who frequently runs in four man premades I can tell you this is absolutely true. I generally find myself against teams with a premade as well. Of course there may not be enough premades running sometimes, and then we will get put up against all pugs, but the other option would be we have to sit in queue longer than everyone else, just because we want to play together.

Most premades in regular warzones are there because friends like to play together. Yes they may have an advantage due to using vent, mumble, team speak, whatever. But they are not unbeatable.

Taking away the ability for friends to get together, whether it's casually or hardcore, sort of defeats the point of an mmo.

Most premades in regular warzones are there because friends like to play together. Yes they may have an advantage due to using vent, mumble, team speak, whatever. But they are not unbeatable.

Taking away the ability for friends to get together, whether it's casually or hardcore, sort of defeats the point of an mmo.

Exactly, but the problem is WoW brought out the anti-social crowd. Everyone wants to do everything solo now. I could only imagine all the tears of people playing FFXI if it came out now instead of 10 years ago. That game forces you to have 6 people just to level up and it was the best mmo experience I ever had.

Edited by Raansu

The purpose is that no one enjoys being smashed by all of the premades queueing for unranked while waiting for (long) ranked queues.

Its like a 30 year old punching a 4 year old child in the face. There is no challenge, and anyone that enjoys doing it is sad.

But... but it happened before Ranked was out. And queueing for normal is counter-productive, because your Ranked isn't gonna pop so long as you're in a Warzone and only half your team can join anyway.

I reiterate, this was the situation before Ranked came out... Saying "Ranked Warzones have made non-Ranked Warzones less fun" is just... inaccurate/retarded/silly/whatever else.

But... but it happened before Ranked was out. And queueing for normal is counter-productive, because your Ranked isn't gonna pop so long as you're in a Warzone and only half your team can join anyway.

I reiterate, this was the situation before Ranked came out... Saying "Ranked Warzones have made non-Ranked Warzones less fun" is just... inaccurate/retarded/silly/whatever else.

Ya, the wait for a ranked match is already long enough, none of us queue for normals when we are in a group for rated, which at the current rate is barely once a week since no one ever queues anymore. Everyone gets bored waiting so now we just try to group up around the same time the other 2 big teams group up. It's the only time we ever get a match anymore. The first week it was nice though...We were getting queue pops fairly quickly but it died down after like 3 days after 1.3 went live.

Edited by Raansu

Well, there are pluses and minuses. But with non-ranked you can only queue with 1-4 so fair chance as a solo queuer you may end up on a group team. On a large server its quite hard to stack two queue groups into one non-ranked wz. Ultimately non-ranked is for gear grinding and casual PvP fun.

I think it's an interesting point about losing ranked teams heading into non-ranked war zones. I think that PvP rewards the dedicated team, but punishes the casual team here. Let's face it folks if you don't get a good ranked team rating you sort of have n00b tattooed on your character, and its really hard to get into a better rated team if you have a bad ranking.After all best teams can pick a fresh faced up and coming PvP star over a tired losing vet. I think the casual ranked teams learned the hard way that you have to have gear and tactics near perfect to be on the top of the heap in SWTOR PvP.

You can only queue a team of 4 players which is the same as before, so I dont see how this is a problem. The issue is people outgear you, but then it is just a matter of time to get bm, and it really does not take a great dael of time.

People wont get in the best ranked teams if they are undergeared, or dont know how to play. They will have to get the gear first. Solid advice would be to find 3 people in the same boat, who dont quit just because its tough for a day or two and just keep doing pug warzones and gearing up. That's what most of the geared players did, and its the only option really.

Make a channel on your server say like, <servername>pvp - meet people invite them to that channel if yu think they are worth inviting, start making 4 man pres, learn to play together, - in a month or two if you dedicate your swtor time to pvp you will be full war hero, you will have learned to play as a team, and you will be starting to min/max optimize your gear using dr robot etc. From that channel and your little network of pvpers you form your 8 man pre and then you enter ranked, probably around the time season 1 starts when there is cross server. It will take time, you will get facestomped but you will start to win, and then more often. The thing is not to give up, because giving up gets you nothing.

Thats what I would do, personally

It's supposed to be long haul effort to get high rank rating. But, ranked is also darwinian in its nature...

at the bottom are the Herbivore teams, casual PvP teams that just want to queue for ranked because it is there, but have not organised their gear/tactics significantly and may not even use VoIP.

next come the secondary consumer teams. They may be in reasonable gear, but they aren't organized enough to feed upon more than the Herbivore teams in ranked.

then come the tertiary teams, they eat all of the above, but for one reason or another aren't quite at the top, though they have a fair ranking and everyone respects them.

And finally at the top we have the Apex teams. The leet of the leet PvPers who are in an organised team with perfect tactics and gear. The rule supreme in PvP and have top rankings on their server. Everyone looks upon them with awe and wonder.

Edited by Ewgal

I've gotta say the "get some friends" arguement is pretty sad. The fact is many of us that solo-que do so because we don't have the time to group up in a proper premade, I may only be on for half an hour and if I want to pack in as much as possible solo-que is the easiest way of doing. Also I like the challenge of trying to gauge what the abilities of the people I am with and working with people i'd never meet usually, its great practice.

Saying that I have noticed that it is almost impossible to win against a 4 guild team when they are stuck in a warzone with only pugs, had a few last night including one where a guildie was on the other side, he said it was a cakewalk from his point of view, mine no matter how orginised the pugs got we couldn't stop these guys, they just rolled through us, even when 8 of us were assaulting a single point they were still standing with only 4 of them there.

I don't know what the solution would be, but you seriously have to stop just calling people rubbish or telling them to get friends just because their playstyle doesn't agree with your viewpoint.

It is impolite and generally disrespectful. You may have all the playtime to sit for hours on the game waiting for ques, some of us cram gaming in between our busy social lives and study.

what ? Is this recent...

Do you have a link

in game go to your warzone menu ( the screen you queue from) then read the text, you have scroll a bit. I am pretty sure it explains about solo queues and cross server queues once season one starts. No timeline though, I would imagine it will be months for preseason, or atleast I hope it is to give people time to get the ranked gear and fun stuff.

Honestly, I am pretty sure its been on that screen since the first day that 1.3 was on the pts, but most people didn't really talk about it, or read it for that matter.

I'm going to laugh when solo queue's are mixed into premades like originally planned.

I can only imagine that pvp dev meeting.

Dev 1 "SWTOR pvp is the joke of the mmo community, how can we possibly make people think of this game as even less competitive than they already do?"

Dev 2 "Why not mix solo queues in with ranked premade queues so premades can get easy ratings?"

Dev 1 "GENIUS!!"

Dev 2 "TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!"

27-5, thats all that matters to me. The rating system is a joke. We win and get 10 rating points out of it and barely get 2-3 matches a night because people stopped queuing as the same 3 guilds dominate everyone else over and over and until we get cross sever its never going to get any better.

..anyone else find this ironic?.... so the bad rated 8 mans are crying about getting owned by the few guild teams...so they want to take their bad rated teams into non rated ques so they can dominate there..then wonder why the non rated arent having fun against the premades?