I thought Ranked War Zone was not supposed to give better gear

richardya

Why is this not an issue?

If you play regular and pay the conversion penalty you are getting your gear at a rate 1/3rd of those with 8 man teams.

PS I finished my WH set and even got two extra pieces to rip apart the components, so this is not a qq.

Edited by richardya

If you play regular and pay the conversion penalty you are getting your gear at a rate 1/3rd of those with 8 man teams.

PS I finished my WH set and even got two extra pieces to rip apart the components, so this is not a qq.

I have a 4 man guild, only 2 of us pvp consistently. It does not bother me.

Just thought that I would point out that getting the same gear at 1/3 the speed is NOT better gear it is the same gear faster.

I will cheer when they add solo ranked WZs but not because the gear will be easier to get.

Besided six months from now when WH gear only takes 2 days to get I can come on these forumns and tell some noob to stop complaing because it took me 2 months to get my gear ;)

I will cheer when they add solo ranked WZs but not because the gear will be easier to get.

Besided six months from now when WH gear only takes 2 days to get I can come on these forumns and tell some noob to stop complaing because it took me 2 months to get my gear ;)

lol in 6 month you will get a token for fully augmented WH gear set, but you will still have cry babies

Just thought that I would point out that getting the same gear at 1/3 the speed is NOT better gear it is the same gear faster.

I will not argue semantics but, if you and i each run 100 warzones and you have more WH than pieces than I do, you have better gear, even if I will get the same gear in 6 months.

The point I was making was that Ranked were only supposed to reward people with epeen itens such as a special look. They were not supposed to get gear faster.

As I said, I have it done already. I know on forums people (ie the posts above) love to tell people they are qq'ing, but the fact remains that you get gear faster in ranked.

I will not argue semantics but, if you and i each run 100 warzones and you have more WH than pieces than I do, you have better gear, even if I will get the same gear in 6 months.

The point I was making was that Ranked were only supposed to reward people with epeen itens such as a special look. They were not supposed to get gear faster.

As I said, I have it done already. I know on forums people (ie the posts above) love to tell people they are qq'ing, but the fact remains that you get gear faster in ranked.

Well, you said yourself that you are in WH gear. People doing Ranked WZs do not have better gear than you.

Their rating only allows them to obtain gear that is a different color than yours, which is an epeen item such as a special look.

Obviously you can still get the same quality gear w/out doing Ranked WZs, which is exactly how you obtained yours.

There was never anything saying that you would be able to obtain the same gear at the same rate by doing Unranked WZs. This was blatantly obvious when 1.2 came out and there was a 3:1 trade ratio between RWZ and normal comms. You've known for months that RWZs would get you the gear 3 times as fast.

So yes, you really are just arguing semantics. You get the same gear, period. Doing RWZs does not make it any better than the gear you can obtain.

Also, there is nothing barring you from participating in Ranked matches other than your own personal reasons. That is most definitely not BW's fault.

Edited by Varicite

The gear itself is not better. It may be a faster way to get WH gear but the gear is the same.

Well technically it gives it faster, one normal wz win gives around 100 to 140 depending on how many medals you get. A normal WZ loss gives around 25 to 80 wz depending on medals, length of match etc. Now in rated those numbers are similar, but they give you rated WZ coms, so a bad loss gives around 25 rated WZ coms (conversion would take 75 normal coms to get) so you can see that getting rated coms to buy WH gear is much easier even with a loss.

This is why I just make PUG rated WZ groups instead of solo queing normal WZs.

But go ahead and cry moar.

lol in 6 month you will get a token for fully augmented WH gear set, but you will still have cry babies

LOL in 6 month the game will be down to 1 server world wide

(uless the developers soon wake up and listen to player feedback)

LOL in 6 month the game will be down to 1 server world wide

(uless the developers soon wake up and listen to player feedback)

Lol really, only the vocal minority post on the forums, and of those most are just whiners and career game hoppers anyway. But if it makes you happy to think the game will die when you leave, then by all means.

Lol really, only the vocal minority post on the forums, and of those most are just whiners and career game hoppers anyway. But if it makes you happy to think the game will die when you leave, then by all means.

As long as it's the same gear I think it's fine. At least you have the option to play normal games and still get gear.

I am the definition of casual pvp. As long as I have access to the same gear in time, at a reasonable rate, I don't complain. There has to be something for rated outside of different colors. I don't care they get it faster, they only represent a small portion of the population.

You shouldnt even be able to buy war hero with normal comms. It's just because Bioware didnt realease ranked wz on time that they added the possibility to buy ranked comms with normal comms. So consider yourself happy and stop whinning. Edited by Kaddie

Yes, topic starter is right.

Because of faster gearing we have so much useless pugs in rateds.

Problem is i want competition, not pug smashing.

I can smash all this pve garbage in ordinary wzs.

to get 1 competitive play with another guild premade i have to play like 10-15 wzs(tomb of freedon nadd)

Is there something stopping you from grabbing people from the fleet to do 8 man rated games? Even if you lose, you still get more ranked comms than winning a normal WZ.