Yipee maintenance

randalthorr

Listen up guys It is maintenance for july 4th.... Did it occour to any of you that this might be to implant some type of new world event to celibrate?

Quote me & tell me I'm wrong later. But if there's no download I seriously doubt it. It's just a stability thing.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen up guys It is maintenance for july 4th.... Did it occour to any of you that this might be to implant some type of new world event to celibrate?

If youre talking about the post patch event, then yeah its possible. But they dont do holidays because apparently its against political correctness and people of other cultures could get offended, despite the ability to kill animals is in this game

They made some changes to the servers yesterday (didn't saw any queue) but not everything went well and servers are crashing since then.

They are making quick maintenance to fix the problem.

Edited by Nyla

If youre talking about the post patch event, then yeah its possible. But they dont do holidays because apparently its against political correctness and people of other cultures could get offended, despite the ability to kill animals is in this game

Not true. Blizzard does it with wow every year. They even Celebrate Christmas.

Not true. Blizzard does it with wow every year. They even Celebrate Christmas.

Yeah but wow is old & established. They can sort of afford to peev some people off with that. & you could get away with Christmas because it's globally accepted in a lot of places now. But the 4th of July is very much an American only thing.

Edited by Aedey

More than happy with the maintenance as long as it is fixing something rather than hindering the game. I do not miss it as I am at work and when I get home.....all ready for me to play :)

Find a 2nd hobbie if you cannot think of anything to do for a couple of hours.

More than happy with the maintenance as long as it is fixing something rather than hindering the game. I do not miss it as I am at work and when I get home.....all ready for me to play :)

Find a 2nd hobbie if you cannot think of anything to do for a couple of hours.

Lucky for you. Most people complaining here are at work when the servers are up and leave to get home from work at 5pm (as most people do working 9-5). Funnily enough, the servers also go down at 5pm, so when they get home at 5:30, they find "other things to do", then come along 9pm, either play for 1-2 hours before sleeping for work the next day, or go to sleep because maintenance is usually extended anyway.

Another maintenance, another thread. It cuts into my play time too. Go do other things. Complaining about it on here accomplishes nothing, other than you have nothing better to do with your time. Read a book, go for a walk, go visit family/friends for drinks and/or cards, clean up the house/apartment, do dishes, cross-stitch, play a console game, play a different game.

The maintenance period is two hours. And it looks like it would most certainly be an emergency as there have been 3 servers that went down today, so obviously they found a stability fix that they need to apply before it starts happening to other servers as well.

Just suck it up and move on folks, there's more to life than just this game.

and let me guess - it isnt 5 o'clock in the afternoon for you is it? ...

Lucky for you. Most people complaining here are at work when the servers are up and leave to get home from work at 5pm (as most people do working 9-5). Funnily enough, the servers also go down at 5pm, so when they get home at 5:30, they find "other things to do", then come along 9pm, either play for 1-2 hours before sleeping for work the next day, or go to sleep because maintenance is usually extended anyway.

Yep.... two nights in a row I get home from work right at 11pm. Was willing to give this game another chance, but they keep blowing it with patches that haven't been tested properly.

patch to fix a patch which fixed a patch and so on and so forth

more bw fail

Well every game does that even some single player games have to follow up with a fix for a recent patch.Ide think more so with online mmos.

So, if you understand our sentiments, can you tell us what is being done to rectify the situation, or do I have to cancel my sub, hate the game and never want to come back before anything gets done?

lol rectify ? yea right ... thats going to happen ... personally i think the 5PM maintanances should be shared about ... also not going to happen. mind you if it was emergency server stability stuff just maybe they should have got to it earler ... maybe

I am getting sick of this Bioware get your stuff right this is not good enough this breaks into New Zealand and Australian prime time you ripped us off last week and now your doing it again why not do it at 5pm USA time they can suffer this time your game will die and it's on a very thin line the team behind swtor are very poor and what they do now D3 done some major damage now GW2 and WoW are gonna blitz it.

Another sub being dropped.

I live int he USA and I'd prefer maintenance to be at 5pm my time. Due to my odd day to day schedule, I basically am only able to play for a while when I get home from work which is between 11:30pm and 12:00am PST. I'm suffering right along with you since I get home just in time to watch the server go down.

Is this much maintenance common practice? I've only been playing for just under 2 weeks and it's been rather to annoying to rarely get a chance to try the game out (I bought the game quite some time ago but it was when I had a much older computer incapable of running the game).

the servers have had downtime 5 out of the last 8 days. all of those times have been from 5pm *Australian time. lets not kid ourselves. this is the worst it has been since launch. if maintenance betters our game play. the last 8 days has not shown a result of that. Edited by falcon_Xtreme

Bioware, you're literally killing your own game. Star Trek started doing this same stuff and look where their at. If it's not something that is absoltuly critical, you should not have your servers down this much. This sucks. I'm really getting sick of this. Hey, what does it matter though? Like you guys actually read these forums and make calls due to people being unhappy about it.

Having a problem playing the game for 5 days out of 8 and having in mind this will keep going as it is..

This means that Bioware will give us any extra game play time? cause so far as it seems, we pay our monthly subscription to ensure we wont be able to play at all.

I find it truly sad that some people complain about maintence.. If they are fixing something.. What is the issue?? I am sure they don't do it for their own enjoyment and I know they are doing it with (WE THE PLAYER'S) best interests in mind..

Something is being fixed.. That all we need to know.. They should do maintenance whenever they feel it is required.. If you don't like maintenance then don't come in here complaining about bugs..

I gave up on Bioware long time ago. The only thing that makes me feel better now is the knowledge that all those incompetents monkeys will be out of a job by the end of the year. Good riddance.

I work third shift, and am usually home @ 0500. I do some school work for an hour or so and then I like to get on and play a bit, BUT I cant because we are once again having a maintence day. By the time it ends is usually the time I go to bed. I pay good money for a game I cannot play because of all the maintence. You guys need to get it together soon.

On a side note someone at work read something about the game, before the server merges, and it said that SW:TOR was the best single player MMO ever. That kinda made me laugh.

I'm not sure if its funny or sad that so many people can sit in front of a computer and complain and/or wait for the servers to come back up when they could go out and get some fresh air or even catch up with friends ... in person even

I find it truly sad that some people complain about maintence.. If they are fixing something.. What is the issue?? I am sure they don't do it for their own enjoyment and I know they are doing it with (WE THE PLAYER'S) best interests in mind..

Something is being fixed.. That all we need to know.. They should do maintenance whenever they feel it is required.. If you don't like maintenance then don't come in here complaining about bugs..

Agree at one point. Having a maintenance is good, but at least they could make it different hours each time so people that can't play other hours during the day will have the chance to play more often.

I'm not sure if its funny or sad that so many people can sit in front of a computer and complain and/or wait for the servers to come back up when they could go out and get some fresh air or even catch up with friends ... in person even

and yet you say this while sitting at your own computer alone...

Personally, I do make plans for scheduled maintenance nights, but when they just slap one out with a few hours warning, yeah I sit here and browse forums while using social media and various steam games/movies.