Penalty for leavers

Slaxinexx

Not a general suggestion, but for pvp matches... so it goes into here.

We need a penalty for leavers in normal warzones 10-49 and in the 50s.

Either as a debuff, that you can't join x-matches when you leave

or

a deduction of valor and/or warzones commendation, which hurts a lot, not just a minor one.

All those leavers really *** me off and that's the most likely only way to stop them doing so.

Only if there is also a penalty for the following.

Not calling out for help when a node is under attack.

Not passing the ball.

Running behind the ball carrier and never getting open for a pass.

Not actually keeping eyes on an objective.

4 people fighting one guy in a corner while another area is calling for help.

Being in a premade and refusing to communicate with the rest of the team.

Being in a post 50 warzone with 0 expertise.

Not knowing your basic directions like east and west and south.

If the OP is allowed to have a penalty given to people who act in a way that makes him mad, then I should have that same privilege.

I wouldnt be against this if we could pick warzones. I get so sick of huttball popping every other warzone that I want to puke lol. So, many times if its huttball I leave at the beginning..

I think a good penalty would be to simply show the number of quits one has had in their public pvp stats.

The other suggestions would work too (delay til you can queue again) but honestly I'd just like some sort of public notification, that way I can see it when I inspect people.

I think a good penalty would be to simply show the number of quits one has had in their public pvp stats.

The other suggestions would work too (delay til you can queue again) but honestly I'd just like some sort of public notification, that way I can see it when I inspect people.

So what would you do if you were on a team with someone that quit several times? Quit? Probably not. You would continue to play as normal. Would you somehow be more prepared if/when they do quit? No. That information is not needed.

Not a general suggestion, but for pvp matches... so it goes into here.

We need a penalty for leavers in normal warzones 10-49 and in the 50s.

Either as a debuff, that you can't join x-matches when you leave

or

a deduction of valor and/or warzones commendation, which hurts a lot, not just a minor one.

All those leavers really *** me off and that's the most likely only way to stop them doing so.

i hope you are talking about those who quit after warzone heads south. I hate Novare Coast and I quit it everytikme i load in (well before match starts) Since I dont have a choice of which warzones I play I shouldn't be punished for leaving one I dont want to play

Why are you crying about this? If you get your 8 medals you are 40 or less come down then the winner. The only thing that should be done is pre made teams should face pre made teams 8/8 in non rated. If your facing 4/8 on a pre made then who cares. A few friends playing together maybe not even working together kinda group or working to stomp a mud hole in people.

People pay just like you an I. Why should they be nailed for leaving a warzone? They paid to play the game not sit an wait because they left a warzone.

Or just separate PM from PUG and less people will leave. Now we have even more PM vs PUG than before, why don't you get it? IT IS NOT FUN FOR PUGS TO PLAY AGAINST PREMADES! Why is it so hard to understand?

I enjoy playing against premades. I'd rather test my skills against a solid team than non organized people.

I wouldnt be against this if we could pick warzones. I get so sick of huttball popping every other warzone that I want to puke lol. So, many times if its huttball I leave at the beginning..

10000 x this!

nuff said

Puulease:rolleyes:

There's obviously people that quit after the first onslaught goes bad in pretty much every single WZ. These are people rage quitting obviously, not leaving involuntary.

It's prety standard to apply some kind of debuff or short lockout for people that do this in other games and it needs to be in TOR as well. Like the side that loses the first fight needs to play catchup with sore losers dropping out and people slowly coming in to fill in the gaps in the middle of action. It pisses me off to no end that this game doesn't have that aspect plugged like others do.

Penalizing WZ leavers with a debuff means nothing. People will just jump to other char since Bioware promoted the alt'ing thing a lot.

If they'd make it a legacy debuff, people would just log char on other server or start playing a toon on one.

Make it account wide and people drop their sub losing money for Bioware, or queue group finder for PVE since it is now available. No simple or fair solution exists currently imo (DC problems, Stunned at death and respawning, but can't move bug etc.)

I'm one of the haters of Huttball. Whenever it pops I leave within 1-2 seconds. I make up my mind at the loading screen. I see it I go end of story. I also strongly support the option to queue for specific WZs, so we don't have to waste time doing something we consider not fun, and also be a detriment to the team in question since we are not motivated we'll play worse than a WZ we enjoy playing. I've never deliberately left any other WZ than Huttball, but hate it enough that it has become the consequence now.

If they did force us to play WZs we don't enjoy that would again promote people who are playing to spoil it, deliberately doing nothing, afk'ing in some corner once they have a medal or two, or generally not caring about nodes/turrets and so on.

Edited by kirdapeswtor
adding stuff

I've only quit WZs a couple of times. One of the times was yesterday. It was very clear early on that the "premade" that was running on our side had no clue what was going on. The highest valor rank they had was 28 (in 50 wz) and they had a mixture of recruit and rakata gear. The last straw was when one of the guys got the ball near our endzone (I pulled the guy in the end firepit) and this pvp noob tryed to carry the ball out of our endzone. The whole time I"m posting in the ops channel, "DOWN THE BALL....DOWN THE BALL...". Long story short, surprisingly he made it back across the fire pit to be ran through in a quick fashion. I couldn't help it. I'm not gonna carry a team like that or help them get a win. Sure, I'm not proud of leaving, but I had to for my own sanity. If you haven't bothered to pvp up to 50, don't bother doing it post 50. It isn't fair to you or the rest of your team.

I hate the quitters on the other team. They are usually terrible players and I know right away that we have an easy victory. Kill them as they trickle in to mid/south. Don't hardly need to concentrate.

Except, uh oh, they all left and got replaced with good players. Now I'm playing in lazy mode and suddenly having a hard time - wth!? Much better when our bad players quit.

I'm one of the haters of Huttball. Whenever it pops I leave within 1-2 seconds. I make up my mind at the loading screen. I see it I go end of story. I also strongly support the option to queue for specific WZs, so we don't have to waste time doing something we consider not fun

I think queuing for a specific warzone is a long way off. However, it seems like everyone has their least favorite map, and a good idea for the time being is to let people choose which one map they don't want to queue for.

Not passing the ball.

If the OP is allowed to have a penalty given to people who act in a way that makes him mad, then I should have that same privilege.

Oh im not _that_ mad, but since BW implented the underpop loose in 30sec, that makes me mad.

And your points are fine by me, but as you all now, winning the warzones is futile, as all people just need medals to gain valor and commendations...

With a PUG?

LOL, this is me. I'm still stuck solo-queueing because my guild's basically died.

I don't quit often, but I'd say I definitely quit out once match every other night on average.

Usually, it's because I literally don't see people trying.

Ranked implementation was the best thing for me, now at least I'm not trying to save pugs from the highest skilled/geared players

Edited by islander

A 15 minute debuff timer is all that's needed, reducing or deducting valor and comms is just... stupid. In SWG when Jedi had permadeath, it was a problem due to CTD and disconnects.

My guild and several others that pvp'd alot basically stopped doing RWZ's as well, it's frustrating trying to get 8 ppl together so I stuck to regular WZ's now.

Edited by Sookster

Not passing the ball.

I absolutely agree with this. Some rounds, it's better just to scrap that round and start over rather than wasting 12min in a Huttball game that you get 2 or 3 medals along with your loss. If I can tell 4/8 people have never even pvp'd before, or are running towards YOUR Huttball goal-line with the damned ball...yeah, I'm out. I'd rather leave and wait 5min than run around with people who are clueless when it comes to pvp.

-Shakazulu

I agree with the quitters. People should be able to leave if they don't like the WZ, if their teammates quit, if they are playing a premade and if they are playing better geared people or teams with better composition than their team and of course if their team is "bads."

In short, every war zone should be decided within the first minute, if your team goes behind you should quit make and make up an excuse like the people in this thread. This will be great for PvP and really make it fun. We need more quitters.

Remember, if you lose, find someone to blame, or blame Bioware, it's never your fault and you should never stick it out after a full minute. It's much smarter to quit and hope for a better team.

Edited by richardya