New Classes in the future?

Cloma

The other question that needs thinking about is if a new class is created in an expansion will it's story begin at chapter 1 or will it have a story that starts at chapter 3 on the time line (not level wise).

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If i see someone posting "entertainer class would be nice, you can dance and give buffs..." i swear i'm gonna flip a table.

Hey, don't knock it man. LOTRO has the Minstrel. He plays instruments and heals, and is bar none, the best healing class in that game, and one of the funnest to play. Don't knock it till you try it. Though, I'm not sure how well a class like that would fit into the Star Wars style.

I for one, would like to see a new race. Maybe a...Panda?

I mean clearly since that other MMO does it, it means it would be cool and awesome to do, right?

Forget innovation...More Panda.

I please NO! I don't need any Jack Black ruining my Star Wars. If you want Pandas, go play WoW!

I don't think they will add any non-force using melee classes tbh. At least not outside of BH. They don't have any place in a war about jedi vs sith.

Besides, Teras Kasi was not invented (or at least not really heard of) at the time TOR is set afaik :)

Edited by NasherUK

Right now, there are 4 base classes with a republic and empire variation of each. I'd like to see a "paladin/shaman" type deal where they are completely different core classes yet give advantages to each faction. Different advantages of course but this would leave even more room for expandability for future exPansions, unlocking the class for the other faction and so on. It also opens up the opportunity for great story that involves explaining why that class decided to leave the republic/empire and so on.

Right now, there are 4 base classes with a republic and empire variation of each. I'd like to see a "paladin/shaman" type deal where they are completely different core classes yet give advantages to each faction. Different advantages of course but this would leave even more room for expandability for future exPansions, unlocking the class for the other faction and so on. It also opens up the opportunity for great story that involves explaining why that class decided to leave the republic/empire and so on.

It didn't work. So Blizzard backed out of it. Each faction will always invariably say that the opposite faction is OP because of that unique class.

My list:

Technician (gadgeteer w/droid pet or can control/summon droids in combat)

Beastmaster (melee/ranged DPS/tank pet class)

Force Mystic (non Jedi/Sith class - with force spirit summoning and monk-like abilities)

Noble (like the entertainer class that people are talking about - lots of CC and buffs/debuffs)

I could see these as non-faction specific classes. They'd have different cosmetic differences (and storyline of course) depending on faction, but they'd essentially be the same class on both factions.

Pet classes might be hard to work since all classes are essentially pet classes and controlling two could get complicated unless they share the same basic commands (attack / passive, etc.) with companions - so you don't have to send both to attack or set both on passive separately. I couldn't see the pets actually taking the place of companions because that would require numerous overrides to the way companions work, as well as debuffs to pets' abilities when in a full group.

• 2 weeks later...
I'd like if they made Droid classes. You could choose your manufacturer instead of race (Duwani, Czerka, Balmorran, Huttese, Empire, and Republic) instead of race, resulting in differences in chassis. Republic could have Juggernaut War Droids (similar to bounty hunter) and SAS infiltrator droids (similar to agents), while Empire could have assault droids (similar to troopers) and assassin droids (similar to scoundrels). It'd be interesting to see the galaxy through the optics of a droid. Edited by Crimson_Paladin