Should Bioware give free time to Oceanic players

fushnchips

As was pointed out, the games you listed are not A list, probably scr.aping* to hit the B list.

The A list games will only do Friday night primetime maintenance IF it's a really game-breaking bug. The indication from the patch notes for Thursday night shows just how far BW have strayed from this basic best practice in professional Change Management as defined by the various ISO and ITIL standards.

I am sure we can mostly accept Tuesday nights being lost. I am sure a lesser but still significant number can accept 2 weeknight outages, Friday nights though should be sacrosanct unless it's the most serious bug imaginable, in which case bring the servers down immediately.

*seriously; scr.aping is a censored word?

Dude, stop. Your making yourself look foolish.

All the US A list games have maintenance in the middle of the night US time.

I've seen you guys cry on several A list game forums because All the US based games use this timeframe.

Go spend some time with your family, if it was not important, they would not be doing it.

Edited by Dein_Cathair

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen you guys cry on several A list game forums.

Go spend some time with your family, if it was not important, they would not be doing it.

Your like a walking Tui advertisement.

Yea right!

I've seen you guys cry on several A list game forums because All the US based games use this timeframe.

You are talking about midweek maintenance that occurs during the daytime here.

So, again, on a Friday night? Peak time?

Don't matter, my sub's now cancelled as it's a waste of time paying to play a game when the few hours I can play are not available. This is/was my last post.

Have fun.

Edited by Bhaers

Your like a walking Tui advertisement.

Yea right!

I'm just explaining how it works.

If you don't want to listen to the truth, that's not my problem.

I mean, think about it, if they had multiple maintenance periods, they would need to have people on staff to do it, maybe if you guys wanted to pay more for special service you could convince them! LOL. But I doubt you want to do that.

So, learn to live with it or move to the USA. I doubt any game company based here will make special provisions for areas with significantly lower amounts of players as they would need to hire more people to do the extra maintainces in an opposite time frame.

Edited by Dein_Cathair

Bioware should give time extention to all active accounts equal to all maintanance windows, except if they have been anounced at least 86hours ago AND they are the first mainance to occur within a week.

This would be good, it shows goodwill and keep players happy.

Don't let the minority of Oceanic players who are complaining fool you, most of us in this part of the world are laid back enough to not give a hoot about the timing of these updates.

oh lookie, a sycophant.

Some of us have jobs, so yes..we do care about times

oh lookie, a sycophant.

Some of us have jobs, so yes..we do care about times

Its a game. Certainly its frustrating if you cannot play when you want, but surely there are other and better things to do with your time?

Wrong. Most american MMOs have had there scheduled maintenance for me in the 5am-7am central window (and there is a good chance I have played more of them than you). This 2am crap is just that, CRAP. Not that it matters for me anymore at this point since I have had enough with my play time being screwed over, oh it is not the only it is just the straw. Blows my mind how so many of you can not see an issue with this. Most big AAA titles even separate down times for the different regions as well, but hard core fans will always have their rosey glasses on and see it the way they wish to.

Edited by Igax

If you don't want downtime during your prime time then get your country to start making games. Downtime is based around where the company is. Try thinking of it from a company stand point

Having multiple downtime from players of different time zones means

1) Having multiple work crews working. Costing money

2) Screwing over your employees by having them come in at all times day and night. Causing retention problems

3) Lights have to be on day and night so work crews can work at odd hours. Costing more money

And there is no benefit for it you will have instead

1) People who still whine the game went down during my off time

2) People whining about rotating down times and not knowing when it is going to happen

3) Multiple threads crying about how they do downtime

So instead just keep your employees happy. A few players rage quitting isnt worth the companies time

Don't let the minority of Oceanic players who are complaining fool you, most of us in this part of the world are laid back enough to not give a hoot about the timing of these updates.

I'd have to agree, I've had very positive experiences with Aussies over the years, In fact, last game I played there was a very large guild of them on the server I played. They were called "Australian Gods of War", good bunch of folks.....

It's like anything, there are always a few, no matter where they come from, it can be from anywhere, including the USA. :)

Edited by Dein_Cathair

Im tired of it...................Period......./shrug

And im tired of explaining WHY everytime this happens. Every freaking patch needs to be fixed.

Im done, im unsubbing because of this. I gave Bio another chance 'to prove' they could right the ship..........

Later days and better lays.............................peace

Hello everyone! Several posts, as well as their replies, have been removed from this thread for straying off-topic. As you continue to participate in this thread, please remember to heed the Rules of Conduct.

As a general reminder:

• Insults - Please do not resort to or use them in any way in your posts. Posts should be productive, not destructive.
  • Disruptive Behavior - Please do not post messages that are purposefully designed to provoke, antagonize, or otherwise elicit a negative emotional response.
  • Agree to Disagree - Be respectful of others' viewpoints even if they are opposite of your own. Discuss disagreements constructively.
  • Flag, Don't Fight - Utilize the Report Post feature to report possible rules violations, rather than responding to or fighting them.

Please remember that your post may have been removed even if it was not in violation of the Rules of Conduct, if it was in response to the chain of posts that were deleted. Thanks for your cooperation!

Its a game. Certainly its frustrating if you cannot play when you want, but surely there are other and better things to do with your time?

Of course!

If you look close enough there's always more important things to do!

But I paid my sub.

I work full time.

I dont mind 1 maintenance per week or occasionally 2.

But now it's taking away 3/5 weekdays of my play time in one week...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.