Really bads are resorting to hacks?

RangKer

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It getting to the point every huttball has one or two people that are immune to all forms of damage and CC.

Yet there are zero buff indicators up.

2 shot 20K+ HP?

SO this is what I pay for?

To play with bunch of hacking cheating peons?

This is NOT subscription worthy.

Alt-F4

/Delete C:/Starwar Hacks of the old repugnant.

i think the OP is trying to find a scapegoat for all his losses.

dont worry OP, its not hacks, its just lag. we all get it.

Awareness vs Scapregoating.

We all get lag, some more then others, some have better computers then others; we all win and lose at PvP, common knowledge and sense.

The difference is when there are those on both factions who have openly admit to it and have yet to be punished so they still continue to take advantage, while the vast majority are attempting to maintain honest gameplay with out overly getting frustraited.

Before and after the patches there is always those who will cry wolf because of the nerfs / buffs; happens in every mmo, every patch; over the course of learning and observation to adapt to the changes people will jump from one extreme to the other, its not new, nor is it strange for them to do it.

Although on the hand, others will notice rises in differences, though I could have started off the thread with more tact, but thats frustraition for you; but I still stand by my own observations that I have documented down. Though I do agree with you as well, there will be many who will use scapegoating as a fall back to their losses, which they should in return be using their losses to learn from.

I have more losses then wins; almost with estimation 46-48% win rate (possibly lower), each time I encounter better players, the better I become in the next encounter/match; but when there is a single player who is able to use advantage abilities: Blinking/Teleporting around the map, perma 150% speed buff in and out of combat, immune to all CCs with 0% resolve or get to areas that their team cannot get to without compleating objectives first, 3 capping nodes before matches start or like the 2nd area in VS, able to get to the doors and place bombs on doors with both bridges are still not up, tend to raise questions.

i think the OP is trying to find a scapegoat for all his losses.

dont worry OP, its not hacks, its just lag. we all get it.

Just because you have not seen them, does not mean they do not exist. When this *does* happen to you (and it will) I hope you are met with the same disbelief as you are showing others.

I have seen a few hacks on Youtube, specifically the speed/teleport hack. although I have not seen anything (yet I have seen questionable things) that would be considered concrete hacking. However...what I have seen, is people getting under the environment in Huttball and grabbing the ball without fear from other players who can not target them. So it's a guaranteed rebound.

I have seen this multiple times and suspect the Devs are aware of it. The reason I say this, is because about a week ago, I noticed two green names under the floor of Huttball that simply said <GM>. They were just sitting under the match, either watching us play the game (which is silly if they were trying to catch a hacker, they could be seen under there) or taking a look at the underneath side of the ball's spawn point.

Until hacking is genuinely policed ranked warzones are a carebear joke. Period. The only real pvp anymore in this game is openworld.

Open world PvP?

Only world PvP I've seen lately is ganking - and 3 50s vs 1 25 does not a fun fight make.

Cant say Ive seen a lot on the server I transferred to but on my old server just before the transfer there was a single pub premade and yes they used a lot of hacks, and yes they were reported....they would disppaer for a week or so and then return..then it would start all over again. Interestingly, seen a few of those same players again, played them in regular warzones now and suddenly where I couldnt damage them before now they are dying just like they should. The difference? Ive noticed three specific players who are no longer playing. These three players were always the ones getting reported. Yes their names could have changed but havent seen any player with that name since I transferred..coincidence yes maybe. However as Ive said before, Bioware has admitted they know players have used hacks and exploits and recommend you report them. Now use good judgement and dont just use a poor loser atitude to report anyone. In fact since Ive transferred Ive seen maybe less than 10 players who I suspect are using "help" . Funny tho, Im not seeing them lately. If you think there arent hacks or exploits being used, you are clueless or lying. If you think Bioware isnt watching those players, you are clueless or living in a fantasy world. Dont use the forums here to report thats not going to be of any use and just feeds the trolls. Submit a ticket, trust me, without spelling it out it works.

I was seeing it in Huttball last night. A guy would get the ball say mid feild and he would make it to the line in like 4 seconds. After the second time people started saying they were going to report him and he stopped.

Not necessarily a cheat. Could have had transcendence and Jedi Jump. He probably stopped because it takes like 30 hits to get to Transcendence and that's tough.

But I have seen hacking, gotta use the combat logs, and get video (use fraps) and get people to agree for a secure judgement.

It getting to the point every huttball has one or two people that are immune to all forms of damage and CC.

Yet there are zero buff indicators up.

2 shot 20K+ HP?

SO this is what I pay for?

To play with bunch of hacking cheating peons?

This is NOT subscription worthy.

Alt-F4

/Delete C:/Starwar Hacks of the old repugnant.

There are ability's that prevent CC etc.(Resilience) and my Force Speed get's rid of them instantly (high rank Force Speed),

Now I'm a firm believer that hacking exists, though I don't think that's this CC thing is it. Look up "Cheating in online games" on Wikipedia. Notice how so many things need to be verified...thats because hackers are really smart and try really hard to make you think it doesn't exist.

So also don't trust the people on the blogs or chat. Use a combat log, and get people to verify your videos on youtube.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheating_in_online_games

Edited by NoaFlux

it is the dirty little secret. not supposed to talk about it. BW needs to lock it down. it does happen, and the hacks are not stupid... the user may jack it up, but generally, the cheats are set up to be subtle nowadays. keep filming, keep reporting... but I certainly think people should report what they see. if it is a mechanic misunderstanding, it will easily be debunked. even if the only hack they're using is immunity to cc, then it's a gamebreaker. I know of one guild in particular on our server that gets all respect for their results, but I'll be damned if I don't see 4 different classes with cc immunity.

the grossest case I've ever witnessed was a moving enemy on civil war, running behind a column, being attacked, and capturing the node in one fell swoop. saw it twice in same week, reported and didn't see it again, thankfully.

people need to not automatically discount this stuff. I would echo what I read earlier.... just google it, the devs should... it proves it's out there and shows you exactly what is out there to the masses, much less people with their own devices and ability.

Edited by AceMcGee

Well. I must say i feel it to be true.

Things that I saw and are quite strange:

- Very long stuns in players that have already resolve

- Complete immunity to Overload while all the others get affected

- Teleporting to huttball line

- Target reset

- Unreal damage and very long damage isention

I must say that I play since 17th December 2011 and this is what is more noticeble after thousands of warzones.

There are somethings that are for sure char mechanics, but none of the above I mention are in that area since chars making it don't have the mechanic for that in their tree.

Already advised my guild members to pay attention and record all warzone games so we are able to report these players and help Bioware find out what's going on in their game.

I advise all to do the same.

I have to agree that odd things happen in games. Not always sure is it bug or exploit I was oncec CC's for a like minute. Couldn't do anything. Stealth capping is pretty common it seems. I think they should be show players names when they cap or plant something.

Hutball seems to have very fast cappings from midfield to score line. Like 2-4 seconds sometimes.

The problem with some of these things is that its hard to say sometimes. I've seen players that are suddenly immunte to almost all damage. In next game they are normal. And not talking about tanks but whole other side.

Sometimes also damage seems to rise exponentitally and I've expericend with almost WH gear deaths from 1-3 seconds attacks as a tank specced.

Because fast moving game its bit hard sometimes to say is all this suspicious but few times I've left wondering is the damage I receive or give is normal.

I play on Gav Daragon and have been playing warzones since release and have seen several exploits< one of these the bridges in voidstar, but never anything that i would class as cheating, bots or hacks.

I've only reported two players total in my months of playing. Both players I havent seen since.

The thing I look for is something I don't think is even remotely realistic - and it's repeated by the same person. I usually discount one-offs as "maybe he's hacking, maybe not"

More times then not, it's just you are queued with bad DPS. They'll call hacks but then only put out 80k dps in a moderately full-length warzone

Edited by islander

More times then not, it's just you are queued with bad DPS. They'll call hacks but then only put out 80k dps in a moderately full-length warzone

This is what I do not understand...WZ's are not about DPS, they are about objectives. Sometimes i get 280+K Damage during a WZ, sometimes I might get considerably less than that. It all depends on how the other side is playing. If they are playing for objectives, then I can focus on them, and gain those crazy damage numbers...because their objectives conflict with my objectives. If the other team is running around like chicken's with their head's cut off, simply just trying to get kill points instead of objectives, then I typically do not get as much damage points because the other team is not fighting me for my objective.

Just because a Marauder does not have insane damage points at the end of a match, does not mean he/she did not play well. Take this for an example...something that happens to my Jugg quite often:

Once my team breaks through the first door on Voidstar, I more often than not singlehandedly hold off the entire opposing team using Chilling Scream, Force Push, Backhand, Force Choke and Intimidating Roar, while the rest of my team can freely move to all the nodes/doors and click on them without interruption...making for a fast win.

Statistically it looks like I haven't done crap. It looks like I just sat there with my thumb up my nose. In reality, we would not have won so quickly if I had not been on the ball and held off the other team. Even though our lightening quick win was due to me keeping the rest of the opposing faction off my team mates, I most often (if not every time) get zero MVP votes.

This is PvP...just because a Marauder has low numbers, does not mean he did not contribute to a win in some way...or at least tried to contribute while everyone else was out trying to get their stats up. Stats do not win WZ's...strategy does.

bad DPS = no pressure on the other team = no ability to get objectives done.

Objectives generally get achieved through power. Yes, strategy matters some, but for every warzone save for huttball, it's who are collectively better at their characters that wins.

There are situational exceptions - always are - but in general, if you can't kill your opponents fighting for a turret faster then they kill you, you will lose.

Edited by islander

Hacks DO exist. Hackers DO play. One thing I've learned after years of MMOs is that, IF a hack exists, people WILL BE using it...and more than you could possibly think. Does that mean that every player who does something 'odd' is hacking? Of course not. Just don't fool yourself into thinking they may not exist.

At least 2+ times each night I (or my teammates) get accused of speed-hacking in hutt-ball (even in rateds, lol). I play a carnage marauder, so I have improved predation. "Speed hacks!" - is the first accusation. "Predation" is my rebuttal. "That's faster than predation! It's a hack!" - is their next excuse. "I'm not FoTM Annihilation, my predation is better" I'll reply. Then, of course, rather than simply leanring that I'm capable of tossing out my improved predation like candy if I'm not getting FF'd while my defensives are on cooldown, they say "You're using predation twice! Hacking!" - "Well, yes, I am using predation twice in a row, my good man! Thank you for noticing that I actually used my Frenzy ability to give me an immediate 30-stack of fury." So... naturally, their next claim is that "You're hacking the cooldown on frenzy! It's every 2m30s!" So I just sigh... Basically all I do is spam my lowest rage cost abilities (to build fury fast) and pray that they throw long-duration DoT's on me.

Either they don't understand that I can build a full stack of fury in about 20 seconds while being attacked + spamming my low rage-cost abilities (which basically turns my damage into garbage), or they believe that the only way to build fury is to pop frenzy... can't figure it out.

Chalk it up to "raptor hacks".

Hacks DO exist. Hackers DO play. One thing I've learned after years of MMOs is that, IF a hack exists, people WILL BE using it...and more than you could possibly think. Does that mean that every player who does something 'odd' is hacking? Of course not. Just don't fool yourself into thinking they may not exist.

People's first mistake in Haking disbelief is that they don't know just how easy hacking is. It's not hard, especially when there are web sites out there with hacking programs for existing games. Somebody out there did all the coding work already, all you have to do is go out and pick up your copy.

Once you know how easy it is to hack, you might be able to open your eyes to it more easily.

People's first mistake in Haking disbelief is that they don't know just how easy hacking is. It's not hard, especially when there are web sites out there with hacking programs for existing games. Somebody out there did all the coding work already, all you have to do is go out and pick up your copy.

Once you know how easy it is to hack, you might be able to open your eyes to it more easily.

And yet so many people still assume that people are hacking when they aren't - one example is to refer to my post immediately prior to yours.

And yet so many people still assume that people are hacking when they aren't - one example is to refer to my post immediately prior to yours.

Goes both ways. People claim that everyone hacks, hackers claim they're always innocent.

I report rather than whine or post about hackers. I know there are times the game lags, but I also know that when something doesn't seem quite right, it usually isn't.

I just played a match on Bastion server on Alderann map. A player on the other team would disappear, teleport to another location, reappear but knocked down. At first I thought someone on my team was knocking him down, but no one was behind him. He did this a few times from snow spawn to middle tunnel area. I stood there as I saw him do that towards me. I can understand lag/latency issues making it appear that he teleported, but reappearing knocked down? I asked the other player on my team who was in the same area and he saw it as well.

Has anyone seen this? I have already filed a report asking BW to check it out.

Edited by bosdtitan

Well. I must say i feel it to be true.

Things that I saw and are quite strange:

- Very long stuns in players that have already resolve

- Complete immunity to Overload while all the others get affected

- Teleporting to huttball line

- Target reset

- Unreal damage and very long damage isention

I must say that I play since 17th December 2011 and this is what is more noticeble after thousands of warzones.

There are somethings that are for sure char mechanics, but none of the above I mention are in that area since chars making it don't have the mechanic for that in their tree.

Already advised my guild members to pay attention and record all warzone games so we are able to report these players and help Bioware find out what's going on in their game.

I advise all to do the same.

I agree, i have seen and reported some of this myself. Sad that people have to use downloaded skills. Shame, we know who you are.