Really "Warzone Medpacks" Still in the game?

Swidgin

Come on BW. I run rateds. Get this Cheap heal out of there please.

Keep it if you want but NOT in rated matches!

Clean it up. No more junk please!

/sign this for me & you. Help me HELP you.

EDIT: I seem to be losing some people so I will try to exsplain this better.

I understand the intent of the "War Zone Medpack" Increase uptime on a zerg and help single targets escape a close encounter. This DOES add skill to the game and is needed in high level PVP.

My issue is in practice it is a OP tool that with the short CD and the fact that it scales of Higher HP players > then DPS players is not working as intended. It has become to strong for healers and tanks.

I hope this helps and I am sorry for any confusion.

Thank you.

Edited by Swidgin

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see a problem with these... They are available to everyone, so it's not like somebody is getting an unfair advantage from them.

There are far cheaper things in ranked PvP than medpacks... like a BS coin toss to determine the winner/loser on voidstar when the game is a DRAW. Or the fact that somebody can still become perma-stunned, causing them to be kicked from the WZ if they die in that state. Let's get our priorities straight "pros" ;)

You can't give Healers + Tanks a 35% bail out. It's a joke, trust me.

I play shadow tank. Now I run this with full DPS gear and Switch to Full TANK gear in 3 spots.

1) alone & Gaurding on NC and Civil

2) Huttball

3) Defending on VS

Trust me when I tell you the "war Zone Medpack" is an Unfair advantage for me. (35% of 24k is almost a 9k heal!) As it is for healers.

You can NOT allow a free 35% heal ever 1.5 min. Hell my up time on a Full WH Pyro tech is greater then 1.5 min with an LoS.

Trust me Sign this!

Edited by Swidgin

I play shadow tank. Now I run this with full DPS gear and Switch to Full TANK gear in 3 spots.

2) Huttball

3) Defending on VS

Trust me when I tell you the "war Zone Medpack" is an Unfair advantage for me. (35% of 24k is almost a 9k heal!) As it is for healers.

You can NOT allow a free 35% heal ever 1.5 min. Hell my up time on a Full WH Pyro tech is greater then 1.5 min with an LoS.

Trust me Sign this!

ahhh so you a powertech who complains that someone uses a warzone medpack and think thats overpowered. look at your class you should be happy with what you have

ahhh so you a powertech who complains that someone uses a warzone medpack and think thats overpowered. look at your class you should be happy with what you have

Um...L2 Read I guess.

I play a shadow as ANYONE on the Fatman will tell YOU!

Edited by Swidgin

Everyone has access to WZ Medpacs. They thus don't give anyone an advantage unless you count people who choose not to invest in them as being disadvantaged by their own free choices. Yes, it is annoying when you think you have killed somebody then they do a 6-9k heal but... you can do exactly the same right back at them...

I won't and don't agree to this. There are tissue paper classes in game like my own, that need those med packs to stay in game longer, its literally the difference between that an re-spawning. All I see here is a moan about people staying alive longer, when you were hoping for a kill.

Remember WZ's are based on objectives, not how many people you kill in a WZ anyway.

REALLY?

Not one of you understands this...

God Bless these forums!

Seeing how everyone seems to be against this...maybe its you. You seem to be the only common denominator in this equation.

Seeing how everyone seems to be against this...maybe its you. You seem to be the only common denominator in this equation.

No, I think it speaks to the the quality of the PVPers that play this game ATM and live on these forums..

That's why I'm me and you're....... you.

This is why I own rateds and you pug it to a sub .500 win loss.

Good luck!

It's preseaon. I'm sure they will fix it before rates come in. Just wanted to bring it up now.

Edited by Swidgin

2) Huttball

3) Defending on VS

Trust me Sign this!

You do realize the reason why they nerfed shadow tanks is because of people like you running tank spec in DPS gear right?

I don't think there should be WZ Healing Adrenals in the game. Damage reduction is ok, but not a 35% heal. First of all, some of the people who are playing Ranked Warzones are completely geared out and are mostly doing the Ranked Warzones to optimize gear, for the rating, or just for fun. However, most of the playerbase is still gearing up War Hero gear. This creates a problem because the most efficient way to buy Warzone Adrenals is fromthe PvP vendor for 10 warzone comms and not with credits, so by purchasing Warzone Adrenals with Warzone Coms just so you can stay competitive, you hurt the speed at which you gear up. So the people still gearing up right now have to choose: Do I buy warzone adrenals to stay competitive but slow the rate at which I can get better gear, or do I not buy the Warzone Adrenals and just focus on gearing up? The people who already have the gear and buy the Adrenals clearly have a huge advantage in the fact that they're either going to out gear you, or "out-potion" you because a 35% heal is a HUGE game-changer for any class.

BW made a huge push to eliminate on demand burst damage in PvP by changing relics and adrenals in PvP, however an on-demand clicky 35% heal every 1.5 minutes is probably ruining PvP a lot worse than the relics and adrenals were.

Edited by DimeStax

I don't see a problem with these... They are available to everyone, so it's not like somebody is getting an unfair advantage from them.

There are far cheaper things in ranked PvP than medpacks... like a BS coin toss to determine the winner/loser on voidstar when the game is a DRAW. Or the fact that somebody can still become perma-stunned, causing them to be kicked from the WZ if they die in that state. Let's get our priorities straight "pros" ;)

It isn't a coin toss, it's whoever got to the door/bridge/whatever in less time.

It isn't a coin toss, it's whoever got to the door/bridge/whatever in less time.

I think he was talking about a straight tie first door. And he had a good point. just NOT the one I was trying to make!

Edited by Swidgin

You do realize the reason why they nerfed shadow tanks is because of people like you running tank spec in DPS gear right?

You do realize they nerfed shadow tanks because they were over performing in PVE right?

YES!!! Nerf stuff that is even among all players and gives not one person a distinct advantage over anyone else!! NOW!!! Or I unsub... :rolleyes:

Well to be fair it is better for people that have more health but it is silly that anyone would even bring this up.

No, I think it speaks to the the quality of the PVPers that play this game ATM and live on these forums..

That's why I'm me and you are you.

But by all means stay you.

This is why I own rateds and you pug it to a sub .500 win loss.

Good luck!

It's preseaon. I'm sure they will fix it before rates come in. Just wanted to bring it up now.

You people as proclaimed the 1% (pros) and the rest of us 99% (bads) are why I keep coming back to these forums...Just cannot get enough of it. Also yes I mainly pug, not sure what the w/l is but im sure its not great.