Really "Warzone Medpacks" Still in the game?

Swidgin

I think they shouled either heal for a fixed amount, so they don't become too good for tanks who are already hard to kill and they wouldn't scale with gear.

Or they could simply give temporary HP that is lost after say 15 sec.

Or remove them. There ARE some things that aren't fit for rated matches. Yet another healing cooldown (very potent, too) might not fit in rated.

But then, I don't play a tank or a healer, so when I take a medpack, I usually get killed a few seconds after anyways :p

Edited by lpsmash

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I learned from this thread is....

.... the OP plays a PT that got owned by a Shadow.

I suppose you learned nothing then. I will confirm for you that OP is a shadow as previously stated. I also don't understand why warzone medpacs would really make that much difference in a 1v1 battle of tanky classes. Both should have similar HP numbers and would gain the same benefit, so even if the OP was a PT, your conclusion would make no sense.

As far as medpacs go, I'm fine with it either way. For me, you either know how to focus my sorc and I'm going to die anyway or you don't and I'll live forever kiting you around a pillar. I think the biggest impact would be on defending nodes solo as they will prolong death and give a few extra seconds for the team to show up.

I think they shouled either heal for a fixed amount, so they don't become too good for tanks who are already hard to kill and they wouldn't scale with gear.

Or remove them. There ARE some things that aren't fit for rated matches. Yet another healing cooldown (very potent, too) might not fit in rated.

But then, I don't play a tank or a healer, so when I take a medpack, I usually get killed a few seconds after anyways :p

A fixed heal would be fine (something like 4,000), but more and more peeps are rolling with 22-24k health. If said player waits till 10% drop, then uses a med pack, that's a large heal...and ONLY on a 1.5 min CD? That is kinda dumb lol. I'm all for healing, but the OP has a legitimate concern. Every 90 seconds for a big heal like that is not something we need in rateds. Either chnage the healing power, or increase the CD significantly.

Edited by Pistols

Finally, A man that knows what I'm talking about!

Finally, A man that knows what I'm talking about!

Oh wow.... your post actually hold some validity now. You know... you may have wanted to clarify that in the first place. :rolleyes:

Still... not something that will make or break the game nor something I think should be on a priority list but it does make sense to some extent. That argument can go both ways...

But yeah... do everyone a favor and clarify next time. ;)

Oh wow.... your post actually hold some validity now. You know... you may have wanted to clarify that in the first place. :rolleyes:

Still... not something that will make or break the game nor something I think should be on a priority list but it does make sense to some extent. That argument can go both ways...

I understood it just fine tbh, but was lulzy peeps thinking he was a PT.

:rolleyes:

I could somehow agree with the cooldown being raised. However, I'm absolutely against their complete removal. I was also against the removal of usable items in WZs. There's less and less buttons one can press in this game, and it's not going to make it any more insteresting when being further dumbed down. I thought we all agreed at one point with BW when they smartened up the Mercs for example, let's stick to that idea.

No, I think it speaks to the the quality of the PVPers that play this game ATM and live on these forums..

That's why I'm me and you're....... you.

You're either with him or against him. Agree, or you're a baddie. Same old song and dance.

I clarified in my post but everyone seemed to skim over it :rolleyes:.

Sorry not so well with the writing....

Mybad!

I tried to fix it. hope that is better.

Edited by Swidgin

I got the feeling the guys who say WZ consumables don't matter either don't actually have/use them or they're somehow totally fine with the idea of after every RWZ you got to play a normal WZ to get commendations to buy the consumables you just used up in the last game.

I'm okay if the consumables are limited to once per WZ.

I got the feeling the guys who say WZ consumables don't matter either don't actually have/use them or they're somehow totally fine with the idea of after every RWZ you got to play a normal WZ to get commendations to buy the consumables you just used up in the last game.

I'm okay if the consumables are limited to once per WZ.

You can buy them with ranked warzone commendations.

You can buy them with ranked warzone commendations.

I'm assuming despite the popular claim that everyone in RWZ is in full WH, it's probably not actually true so you'll be using your RWZ commendations for gear for a while.

If you have no gear left to get then the cost of the consumables is not a concern, but I'd say that's got to be a tiny minority of the population.

The moment people start to repeatedly state how awesome they are to maintain their barely-existent credibility, they lose what's remaining of it.

No problems here. Manage resolve use CC accordingly.

Sorry not so well with the writing....

Mybad!

I tried to fix it. hope that is better.

Yeah, I honestly thought it was ridiculous at first and to anyone else who replied I normally just skim over most comments when I come into a thread late. It's a funny thing that I've never thought about this before... but the meds really do favor tanks. More HP means more heals... however. I don't think anyone is really complaining about tanks being too OP.

It may have been intentional and still isn't something I really feel is game changing or unfair.

No, I think it speaks to the the quality of the PVPers that play this game ATM and live on these forums..

That's why I'm me and you're....... you.

This is why I own rateds and you pug it to a sub .500 win loss.

Good luck!

It's preseaon. I'm sure they will fix it before rates come in. Just wanted to bring it up now.

thats why i have a girlfriend, and you have redtube bookmarked

I actually like the medpac, anything that makes the battles longer, more difficult, take more concentration and relys more on skill is a good thing in my book. A simple DPS race to burn down your opponent isn't that much fun. But that's why there's guard, bubbles, heals, cc, knockbacks, resolve.

A team working together well minimizes the importance of a wz medpack. An individual standing alone to guard an objective can squeeze a few needed seconds from a medpack to give his team a chance to reinforce the location. I say, leave it the way it is, I like it. And since everyone can use it, (this is a team function, so even if its better for tanks with big health bars,) it helps everyone's tanks equally.

Since it's a common used item, maybe those that think it's OP'd, their team just isn't using the medpacks to their best advantage versus other ranked teams. Just a thought.

Come on BW. I run rateds. Get this Cheap heal out of there please.

Keep it if you want but NOT in rated matches!

Clean it up. No more junk please!

/sign this for me & you. Help me HELP you.

EDIT: I seem to be losing some people so I will try to exsplain this better.

I understand the intent of the "War Zone Medpack" Increase uptime on a zerg and help single targets escape a close encounter. This DOES add skill to the game and is needed in high level PVP.

My issue is in practice it is a OP tool that with the short CD and the fact that it scales of Higher HP players > then DPS players is not working as intended. It has become to strong for healers and tanks.

I hope this helps and I am sorry for any confusion.

Thank you.

If everyone has them, how is it OP? It's like giving every class a defensive cooldown and TTK is already short enough. If you forget to bring some to a match, that is no fault but your own.