Speed Hacks Huttaball

ninjaxx

Please report such incidents to Customer Service along with the character names.

Please be aware that several classes feature short term speed abilities, so before reporting, please make sure that you're not seeing a legit game mechanic.

Obviously, if someone scores 2 seconds into Huttball, that's not legit.

-- Georg

:mad:Just experienced it. A player scored 2 sec after match started, then scored again within 10 sec, was flying across the map, continuously, no force sprint.

I saw the speed hack in beta, I a 50 sage, was chasing a 50 assassin (Rocko, Ebonlore guild)... with no snares on me, 50% slow on him (force slow) / dot that had 20% slow on it. I could stun him, but his force speed would further enhance is hacked speed. He was running at a constant force speed level by my best estimate, I could not keep tabs with him at all during the match just stun him in traps, even with my force speed (not that my slows/ball carrying slows had any effect on him. I expect we will see it a bit in live until they fix it.

Please do the community a favor and report those players and be sure to record it via fraps. If you see them running for more than 5 seconds at high speed, its a hack... unless they are out of combat sprint + ball running works... even still it should still be obvious think 150% move speed + for more than 5 seconds = hacks.

Edited by Rabbican

• 1 month later...
I saw the speed hack in beta, I a 50 sage, was chasing a 50 assassin (Rocko, Ebonlore guild)... with no snares on me, 50% slow on him (force slow) / dot that had 20% slow on it. I could stun him, but his force speed would further enhance is hacked speed. He was running at a constant force speed level by my best estimate, I could not keep tabs with him at all during the match just stun him in traps, even with my force speed (not that my slows/ball carrying slows had any effect on him. I expect we will see it a bit in live until they fix it.

Please do the community a favor and report those players and be sure to record it via fraps. If you see them running for more than 5 seconds at high speed, its a hack... unless they are out of combat sprint + ball running works... even still it should still be obvious think 150% move speed + for more than 5 seconds = hacks.

I'm assuming you are talking about the Condem's Republic Ebonlore guild since "The Ebonlore" has no Rocko.

How do you think Louden gets all those world firsts :) Too bad they can't stand competition and had to move their guild off HoG. He did the same thing in Rift.

• 4 weeks later...
Please report such incidents to Customer Service along with the character names.

Please be aware that several classes feature short term speed abilities, so before reporting, please make sure that you're not seeing a legit game mechanic.

-- Georg

Out of curiosity, do you keep an eye on well known hack sites?

I could link you to at least 1 with swtor exploits / hack details (but obviously won't via a public post on the forum) and I'm certain a simple google search will find many more.

You (Bioware in general) should always keep up to date on what these sorts of sites are saying, they often discuss how they did it too to show off for the other members of the sites, so you can immediately see the real problem (not the fact that people are speedhacking but *how* they are speedhacking).

I saw a Sith capping a turret while stealthed today.

Nice Job BW.

I've seen this too. It was the equivalent of a Sentinel...name escapes me....went into stealth halfway to the point, proceeded to cap. I had clicked him prior to his stealthing and watched the turret capping status go about half way before aoe'ing the turret.

I've seen this too. It was the equivalent of a Sentinel...name escapes me....went into stealth halfway to the point, proceeded to cap. I had clicked him prior to his stealthing and watched the turret capping status go about half way before aoe'ing the turret.

Marauder is the sentinel mirror.

However, you could view the characters cast bar while they were stealthed?

the whole game is full of hacks and exploits. prob is that there was almost no real testing for these circumstances done, so they had no idea that their coding had holes the size of continents in em, and if they did they must have been playing wow instead of working.

Out of curiosity, do you keep an eye on well known hack sites?

I could link you to at least 1 with swtor exploits / hack details (but obviously won't via a public post on the forum) and I'm certain a simple google search will find many more.

You (Bioware in general) should always keep up to date on what these sorts of sites are saying, they often discuss how they did it too to show off for the other members of the sites, so you can immediately see the real problem (not the fact that people are speedhacking but *how* they are speedhacking).

Agree 100%

In addition anyone who exploits should be banned, Period.

If you do not ban them, you will retain the subs of the few who find it fun to play it how it was not intended to be played in EZ mode, while making legitimate customers trying to enjoy the game the way you did intend it suffer, these people are not maliciously hacking your software and making a mockery of PvP and are the subs you really want to keep.

I've seen this twice, both times in huttball, both times marauders.

Most recent time, we were fighting at the middle-south ramp, near the air vents. The carrier started to break away from the group, and I started to chase. Suddenly, he started moving faster. I'm talking out of combat sprint speed at least, whilst carrying the ball and being in combat.

Not sure if it was truly a hack, or just a clever misuse of game mechanics as others have suggested. I just know there was no way to catch the player, and no further reason for me to be in that warzone.

• 2 months later...

Some people claim that this is still in game, can anyone confirm this? just did huttball and someone was crying speedhack in the match, I never heard of it, so I had to look it up.

there also seems to be a hack that makes you have infinate energy/force/rage/focus, graning you access to all your abilities all the time, sort of like a God mode.

Edited by Fallerup

-- Georg

Reported. And then I get a cut and paste reply that the matter has been forwarded to someone else and I will never be told what or if anything was or will ever be done.

And since this and other exploits keep happening I guess they never will. It would be nice if a real person respond every once in awhile so we know you care.....like other MMOs do.

Edited by Krashnburn
cause I want to