So has anyone else noticed how we have no real economy and crafting is worthless?

Oddzball

except no one knew about this. how did u know? i couldnt get on the site to read patch notes for 3 days...found out it was my cache. either way this is anothe bio ware problem...

not only did i not get 350000 i bought the wrong lightsaber...figured oh ill just save up for the war hero...only to find out i need the correct BM version first.

never have money........never win warzones either. need 4 more wins to get my weekly and ive been playing 3 hours a day...

Reminds me of a song from an old movie:

"You can't win, my friend, you can't win.

You can't win, my friend, so why even try?

If you're lucky enough to live through today

Tomorrow you....will die...."

For people like this, there is no solution. ;)

Edited by JeramieCrowe

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also you need a decay system so that crafting is always viable and money continues to circulate between players...

I support this, durability should not be infinitely at 80, it should degrade with every repair or the market and peoples gear will eventually be flooded with top items leaving no alternative but to implement a new expansion with new items making everyone start the grind all over again and their past achievements redundant, since there is no investment in items because they are bound, bound, seriously? WTH, such a poor decision.

except no one knew about this. how did u know? i couldnt get on the site to read patch notes for 3 days...found out it was my cache. either way this is anothe bio ware problem...

In last paragraph you state that you PvP, which means everyday you go to the terminal to pick the daily/weekly... which means you didn't need patch notes to figure you could get credits instead of recruit set since the token description clearly states what it's worth.

not only did i not get 350000 i bought the wrong lightsaber...figured oh ill just save up for the war hero...only to find out i need the correct BM version first.

This is months old information and even if you just joined the game, reading item descriptions is very helpful, for example class-restricted custom items or valor/rank-restricted custom pvp gear.

never have money........never win warzones either. need 4 more wins to get my weekly and ive been playing 3 hours a day...

Exageration in my opinion.

Selling what exactly? The ONLY thin i would even consider buying is augments, but that market will dry up soon too.

There's nothing that people NEED to buy.

Most MMOs with GOOD economies have things that players NEED. Like repair kits, fuel for vehicles, food (Assuming you have to eat).

OH HERE, this is a novel concept, have weapons actually break and NEED to be replaced. Crazy right?

Have weapons with randomized or scaling stats so not every blaster cranked out is exactly the SAME.

How about the ability to dye armor/clothing?

Are these features to advanced or something? I mean MMOs had them over 10 years ago, maybe that knowledge was lost somehow?

How about no?

You realize the game's only 9 month old and they're trying to add more stuff as they go right?

The economy is fine, the problem is that most people would like to sell stuff that is not interesting anymore.

For example, when WH gear and crafted augments came out, there was a big economic boom with augmented WH pieces (or other moddable and craftable piece)s and various lvl22 artifact augments. While augments are still partially viable bussiness, endlessly crafting moddable pieces with hope to crit is gone now.

Currently augment kits are popular, mainly because you can easily augment non-craftable items plus people don't have to rely on luck to get augment slot.

So basicly, economy is very player driven since players with the supply and demand decide what is good for making credits at given moment while BW artifically boosts the supply-demand effect with new features. But you need to check the market, see what is popular and/or in high demand.

Sell things that people want/need, not what you would like them to have.

Not to mention, that mats always sell. Ever since launch I have always been able to sell bio mats within 1 day.

Sorry but no, the economy is not player driven whatsoever, don't you understand what player driven implies? It means that everything comes from the players, the main economy we have here is commendations that can't be traded which buy items that can't be traded. This is a static economy created by the devs whereas a player driven would be dynamic.

Edited by DiabloDoom

Crafting in this game is damn nigh worthless at 50. There are a couple professions that produce useful items for 50, but they are few and far between.

Cybertech is a great example of how useless crafting is at 50. Nothing you can produce is worth jack compared to what can be bought for daily tokens or gotten through raids. Same thing with Artifice, you can buy better with tokens and drops.

Whoever designed the crafting in this game is either

A.) sadistic

B.) moron

C.) idiot

Take your pick, all of them work.

Nothing will ever beat the original EQ2 crafting system. I think back fondly to the times where I had to make combines and making something exceptional was truly difficult and rewarding to do. Sigh.

Crafting in this game is damn nigh worthless at 50. There are a couple professions that produce useful items for 50, but they are few and far between.

Cybertech is a great example of how useless crafting is at 50. Nothing you can produce is worth jack compared to what can be bought for daily tokens or gotten through raids. Same thing with Artifice, you can buy better with tokens and drops.

Whoever designed the crafting in this game is either

A.) sadistic

B.) moron

C.) idiot

Take your pick, all of them work.

can it be all above?

to be honest, what do you want lots of money for.

Tor seems tohave done the best they can to stop gold farmers and hacker websites, they have tried their hardest to remove any need for them .. well i reckon thats why they place very little importance on gtn (or professions) or actual money. personally i will just get all my alts to 400 and then focus on getting discovery procs with them all ... just for larks, really.

the only thing you really really need money for in this game is to level professions and repair costs once you start doing heroics and ops. One round of daily quests gives you more than enough to repair stuff. there isnt much you can buy with money for end-game stuff so money seems to have been given a fairly low priority ...... which, frankly, i absolutely love the idea of.

buying gear with money doesnt mean you have the skills to use em., dont forget.

TOR seems to have focused on people actually having to put in effort to their chars to get good one .... and lets hope they keep that up permanently.

Keep your opinions to yourself, OP.

Why are you playing an MMORPG then?

I completely and 100% agree with his sentiments. You sound like an avid WoW fan, or an MMO player that got involved at the peak of themepark.

I don't think you've experienced a sandbox economy, or you wouldn't be suggesting he "keep his opinions to himself". He's completely spot on in his assessment, and it needs to be radically altered if this game is ever going to have a viable, enjoyable economy.

Nothing will ever beat the original EQ2 crafting system. I think back fondly to the times where I had to make combines and making something exceptional was truly difficult and rewarding to do. Sigh.

I liked UO's crafting system the best of any MMO I have played. A crafter was really in big demand if they worked hard enough on thier craft to the point they made better stuff then most drops would match. And it all made sense. For example a leather worker could repair other leather armor. Same for the metalsmith with plate and mail. Never could understand how a armorsmith in a MMO for example, could not repair his or other armor of players. Totally dumb. :p

I want a button that says "Level to 50 and get best available gear" AND I want someone else to push it for me.

I also want a button that automatically spams the forums with messages like "This game sucks after 50. Total fail, everyone I know is unsubbing."

:)

But seriously, I'm loving crafting. Lots of fun to do while I'm supposed to be doing something else.

Edited by Teefal

BS it takes 20 minutes. That's complete and utter bull.

And second, WHY would you want to repeat the same quests OVER AND OVER 100s of times? How is that fun?

You act like ALL MMOs have to have grind. Planetside didn't have grind. SWG didnt feel like a grind because there were so many different things you could do. Fallen Earth never felt like a grind, there was always something new to do. Guild Wars 2 doesn't have grind. TSW doesn't have grind.

Go play those then.

Why is everyone ripping on the OP - he's ABSOLUTELY correct. Crafting is worthless in this game. BW completely nerfed it under the floor. It's only good for doing something on the side; it has no intrinsic value like in proper games like Rift, EQ2, POE, etc... But then there is always GW2 coming out, so there is hope in the galaxy :)

The op has a good point, and note he’s talking mainly about crafting and the economy not about getting the best gear in the game.

Armor crafters are just augment vending machines, the gear they make no one wants. They at least could have given them some cool orange gear at end game players could transfer there PvP or Operations gear stats to but instead I can make 500 versions of trooper gear with a different colors of paint splashed on them….LOL

They at least could have given crafted gear the cosmetic upper hand which would have put their wares in demand.

For the love of the Force, BW even gave all of our 50's a free 320k in this patch if you go to the PvP daily terminal. You don't do anything but pick up the quest, immediatley turn it in an take the token for 320k.

Seriously?

Originally Posted by Xabana

Damm straight about that. You could get killed crafting in EQ2 lol! Probably THE BEST crafting system of all time. Everyone else just sucks basically; just click and hope for proc... WoW have games gotten lazy... And the stuff you made was useful and powerful not like the useless garbage you create in this joke of a game. But I guess that's just the way games are moving towards these days... Hell, my legendary stuff I create in the RPG's is 1000x better than the crap in this game ROFLMMFAO!!

Edited by DarthSublimitas

And second, WHY would you want to repeat the same quests OVER AND OVER 100s of times? How is that fun?

Not sure, You should go ask the 3m people still playing WoW why they still do the same quests with no updates to them in the last year.

At least there are new dailies being added every once in a while over here.

Seriously?

Yep. The PvP terminal has a quest that either gives you a full set of recruit gear or a token that supposed to be for those who bought a full set of recruit gear previously that can be vendored for 320k (the cost of a full set).