Nerf Bounty Hunters

Vetorept

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every single WZ I have been in a Bounty Hunter destroys everyone and everything, no matter what level and is tops for kills and damage. And the little hook thing where they grab you from across the zone when you're carrying the huttball is overpowered too.

You can shove that nerf talk right where the sun don't shine, it's that kind of talk that ruins character classes and games. Keep it to yourself and hey if you don't like it go back to wow!!!

Every single WZ I have been in a Bounty Hunter destroys everyone and everything, no matter what level and is tops for kills and damage. And the little hook thing where they grab you from across the zone when you're carrying the huttball is overpowered too.

Sorry son, but my Sniper out damages everyone "every" single time in any of the three Warzones. I'm also "always" in the top 1-2 in overall kills with the least deaths. I guess Snipers need a nerf too?

Death from above is too powerful, and will probably be changed in the future.

you see a circle on the ground... RUN!!! thats about it :)

EDIT: Troopers got Mortar Strike ...exactly the same thing

Edited by Veneer

you see a circle on the ground... RUN!!! thats about it :)

EDIT: Troopers got Mortar Strike ...exactly the same thing

Yeah I know, but still the damage is insane. Also, in same faction huttball, you can't tell if the circle is from your team or the others. This could be fixed by making the worms circle purple and the frogs yellow.

Yeah I know, but still the damage is insane. Also, in same faction huttball, you can't tell if the circle is from your team or the others. This could be fixed by making the worms circle purple and the frogs yellow.

exactly run! you never know if its friendly fire or not lol

EDIT: Danm queue ;l

Edited by Veneer

I don't know what class it is but someone keep critting my sorc for 3-3.5k all the damn time. I don't think it's BH though.

As far as BH's go all I have to say is get your damn flamethrower out of my juggs face :p

that would be my sniper. except ive had a 5 k crit on take down

satisfaction to the max

bounty hunters are awesome and all. But if you want a single target to drop fast, call in the sniper

Edited by Kalliadies

Level 21 atm on mine an the "death from above" gtaoe is the only OP thing iv noticed so far

yeah PLUS its entirely avoidable.

only place this causes issues is in a pvp warzone like huttball where you can't really tell if its friendly or not.

Edited by Shammus

yeah PLUS its entirely avoidable.

only place this causes issues is in a pvp warzone like huttball where you can't really tell if its friendly or not.

still avoidable though, even if you cant tell who's it is

personally i LOVE death from above (situational use ofcourse). I only use it to cover some poor sod who is getting focus fired by a swarm of assasins and jedi's. If you want to swamp him you will cop my death from above lol

Edited by Kalliadies

Bounty hunters are super easy to kill. The archetype isn't that great. Yes they have the ability to do tons of damage via death from above and Tracer missle nad trooper grav round spam.

Grav round/ tracer missile - easy to over come interrupt most BH/\troopers will still spam button not realizing they can't cast it. You kill them

Death from above/motor volley - simple rule if you see a targeting reticule from opposing faction don't stand in that ****! (Move out of the fire) its MMO 101. Also just interrupt it.

I will say that yes bounty hunters do seem to do a large amount of damage in warzones. This is true for two reasons that I have seen.

1. They have a large amount of armor penetration from an early level, and with a lack of pvp based defense (expertise) your armor is your only deterrent.

2. There are few healers in low level warzones. This coupled with the fact that most aoe heals come at 20 or later means that you will not be able to sustain healing on the multiple targets the merc tries to down.

It will even out at 50. I know I am barking up the wrong tree, but let the game evolve a bit. The merc prolly needs that arp for later level balance.

60sec CD... channeled.

Run or interrupt, yeah classes get interrupts later in the game.

It also makes the BH channeling it a huge target that even knuckle draggers can easily spot a kneejerk CC.

If you think that single, 60sec CD AoE is just "nuts" you need to go down the AoE tree for IA/Smugler. But of course most haven't yet because "OMG I WANT2B LEET SNIPAR PEWPEW HEADSHOTSLOLOL!" Give it time... or a good youtube vid showcasing the spec in a WZ.

quit with the nerf this class or nerf that class. it ruins every single MMO I have been in. it isnt the class that is overpowered, some people are just better than others doesn't matter what class they are playing. geez.

Well, sometimes, a class can be overpowered.

I will say that yes bounty hunters do seem to do a large amount of damage in warzones. This is true for two reasons that I have seen.

1. They have a large amount of armor penetration from an early level, and with a lack of pvp based defense (expertise) your armor is your only deterrent.

2. There are few healers in low level warzones. This coupled with the fact that most aoe heals come at 20 or later means that you will not be able to sustain healing on the multiple targets the merc tries to down.

It will even out at 50. I know I am barking up the wrong tree, but let the game evolve a bit. The merc prolly needs that arp for later level balance.

1. Uh 20% physical armor pen (after 5 stacking debuff attacks) can't match the fact that nobody has more than 15% Elemental/Internal defense right now which lets the casters and certain other specs do lots of burst. Against tanks it helps you keep up, but against light armor its not adding much because its % based.

2. Uh, there isn't any BH class or spec thats heavy on AoE... and def not at low levels. IA/Smug have the real ranged AoE damage.

Please, Bioware.. Ignore these stupid kids crying out for a NERFs, the cry babies!! Learn to play your class!!.. It's nubs like you that spoil a game like this, cos the dev feel obliged to cater for kids like you... go back to that other MMO where they listen...

Dev one: 'Oh! Quick guys, the kiddies aren't happy.. we must nerf Shammy's or their moms 'll stop paying us each month....'

Dev two: 'Yus, we must... oh and lets give them a Panda as a pet......??'

Dev one: 'Whoo, whooo... let's also.. make an expansion with panda's in it....'

Dev two: 'And lets give them 2 month free playtime and two button clicks???!!'

yadda yadda......

How can you have problems with BHs, especially low-level such... The real high-damage/AoE abilities are channeling and easy as hell to avoid. A competent healer will offset a competent BH any day of the week. People who notice a big red AoE target and actually move out of the way or goes "maybe I should stun him instead of this jugg that's up in my face?" and doesn't just stun first target they see for no apparent reason. Also basing balancing on PUG-PvP is useless, play real groups and see how many big hits a BH will get off without getting interrupted.