What a waste of time

kurzis

The LFG tool is.

its forcing you into flashpoints that are within your level range, why does Bioware constantly FORCE you to play the way they want? why implement a tool that is completely pointless?

If i want to do a social run on BT on my lvl 20 character i still have to do the usual thing of spamming general chat with "LFG" and hang around fleet.

poor job bioware, very poor job.

You only receive social points for doing instances that are your level now. Sorry, no more BT runs for you.

And now people who got Social X by farming BT will call people like the OP lazy lol. Don't get me wrong, I understand the change and am not bothered by it. I just find the forum 'community' amusing sometimes.

The LFG tool is.

its forcing you into flashpoints that are within your level range, why does Bioware constantly FORCE you to play the way they want? why implement a tool that is completely pointless?

If i want to do a social run on BT on my lvl 20 character i still have to do the usual thing of spamming general chat with "LFG" and hang around fleet.

poor job bioware, very poor job.

So if I understand you correctly, instead of BW forcing you to play with your own level.. you expect them to force you - and you're such a charmer.. - on other people who are below your level to ruin their dungeon experience?

Maybe you should have that ego tumor checked out, I don't know.

seriously? they went and completely broke the game?

wow bioware... just wow. im almost speechless.

you really do want SW:TOR to fail dont you?

Take a deep breath. Now another. And queue up for something in your level range. With 4 people in group, you'll still social up, just not as fast as getting 3 friends and hitting normal Esseles/Black Talon used to. That's hardly a 'broken game.' Maybe not as convenient as before, but....

You mean they fixed your exploit.

Plus you don't need to LFG for a flashpoint you can solo. LFG is for people who want to actually run a flashpoint, not be facerolled through it.

So if I understand you correctly, instead of BW forcing you to play with your own level.. you expect them to force you - and you're such a charmer.. - on other people who are below your level to ruin their dungeon experience?

Maybe you should have that ego tumor checked out, I don't know.

thats a fair point but from my experiences BT and esseles are either done with alts who just want to blast through everything or high level players grinding social points

i have never done the flashpoint with a "new" player so it isn't ruin the experience for anyone because the game isn't attracting very many new players

thats a fair point but from my experiences BT and esseles are either done with alts who just want to blast through everything or high level players grinding social points

i have never done the flashpoint with a "new" player so it isn't ruin the experience for anyone because the game isn't attracting very many new players

You might be surprised how many BT/Esseles groups form, see someone is high level and then that high level gets booted. On Harbinger there were constantly people spamming "LF1M Esseles NO HIGH LEVELS FOR SOCIAL!"

Didn't you read the patch notes? 1.3 changes have been posted on this site for at least a couple of weeks now. This shouldn't have come as a surprise to you...

Perhaps you can look at this as a learning experience for the future. Read all the information about upcoming changes. I am sure you're going to play other MMOs in the future - more than likely they too will post notes prior to major changes in game functionality.

The LFG tool is.

its forcing you into flashpoints that are within your level range, why does Bioware constantly FORCE you to play the way they want?

Because it's THEIR game and THEIR rules. And their rules say that if you want to be rewarded for something, you actually need to, oh, I don't know... try.

There are lots of other ways for you to get social points. So go be social and try to figure them out.

why implement a tool that is completely pointless?

It's completely pointless? You mean, besides the fact that it's going to allow so many more people to find groups for content so much more easily than before? Are you for real? This has to be a troll.

Edited by YanksfanJP

Didn't you read the patch notes? 1.3 changes have been posted on this site for at least a couple of weeks now. This shouldn't have come as a surprise to you...

Perhaps you can look at this as a learning experience for the future. Read all the information about upcoming changes. I am sure you're going to play other MMOs in the future - more than likely they too will post notes prior to major changes in game functionality.

I read what was adverised

ranked pvp

tank nerfs

LFG tool

adaptive armor

augment tables

I didn't see any mention of them stopping players from grinding social points on their advertising. was it only listed in the patch notes? must of been something they didn't want to heavily advertise, I only read patch notes after a patch has been deployed, after all how can they list patch notes weeks in advance when testing is still being done? the patch notes should change due to feedback from the testers

unless.. bioware don't care what the testers think and the PTS isn't a testing server its a demo server?

ranked pvp

tank nerfs

LFG tool

adaptive armor

augment tables

I didn't see any mention of them stopping players from grinding social points on their advertising. was it only listed in the patch notes? must of been something they didn't want to heavily advertise, I only read patch notes after a patch has been deployed, after all how can they list patch notes weeks in advance when testing is still being done? the patch notes should change due to feedback from the testers

unless.. bioware don't care what the testers think and the PTS isn't a testing server its a demo server?

So the only thing you are upset about is you now have to work for your social points?

Nothing to see here. Move along.

ranked pvp

tank nerfs

LFG tool

adaptive armor

augment tables

They...change the patch notes as they....change the patch. It's interesting how that works.

Also, do you expect them to list all of the patch notes in their advertisements? "We're excited here at Bioware to bring you patch 1.3. It will have great new stuff like 'fixed a rare client crash' and 'some terrain tears have been fixed', and last but not least 'it's a bit less difficult to smash some eggs on Tython'."

Um, can someone tell me where you no longer get social points for conversations? The only note I see about social points is defeating bosses more than 3 levels lower than you don't grant social points.

So you can still do BT runs for conversation social points.

Edited by Alxandria

You only receive social points for doing instances that are your level now. Sorry, no more BT runs for you.

Oh god..... :eek:

Please tell me they put in more ways to get social points (I don't want to grind them in low level FP, but the broken method of aquiring them did make that by far the least painful way of getting them :().

Oh god..... :eek:

Please tell me they put in more ways to get social points (I don't want to grind them in low level FP, but the broken method of aquiring them did make that by far the least painful way of getting them :().

You get social points for killing bosses in groups now.