Can we, as a community, eliminate the "Grass" and "Snow" in Alderaan?

Bewoulff

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thoop, just... no. Stop it.

East and West never change. Rep and Imp have the same east and west. What you mean is they have a different left and right.

So... yeah, maybe you should use grass/snow. Not sure what you're gonna do for voidstar and NC, though.

-Hedley Melange <Dynamic>, Dreshdae-->The Shadowlands-

in alderan they do

voidstar and NC are different as the mini map will have the same orientation for both factions

Sigh...

I have a lowbie gunslinger that I used to play on. The mini-map is always oriented with north on top. It's whole purpose is to provide all players on both factions with an easy means of orienting themselves to the cardinal directions. It is a compass with a map inside of it.

Edited by Sock_Bramson

omg are the swtor pvp forums full of brainless people?

how hard can it be to understand grass and snow...u really...REALLY have to be mentally challenged to miss that..

worst that is only creating a thread actually teeling the comunity "i guys im as dumb as a door so could we stop saying grass and snow..because i STILL DONT GET IT"

omg are the swtor pvp forums full of brainless people?

how hard can it be to understand grass and snow...u really...REALLY have to be mentally challenged to miss that..

worst that is only creating a thread actually teeling the comunity "i guys im as dumb as a door so could we stop saying grass and snow..because i STILL DONT GET IT"

I'd say there is ample proof that the forums are full of brainless people.

/cough

East and West. Period.

There is no good rational argument for snow / grass other than "well that's how we do it on our server"

Varicite, don't say it.

Hey man, I'm just here for the lulz at this point.

C'mon, who takes this thing seriously anymore?

Edited by Sireene
quote of edited post

Lol, i was actually predicting you would say "that's not really a rational argument"

Was curious if anyone else would notice.

It's not, but I like East / West, and I think Snow / Grass sounds ... not smart.

Heh, I'm willing to let it slide for the greater good of the community.

It's not, but I like East / West, and I think Snow / Grass sounds ... not smart.

I call it Farm and Stables. What? .... What? Just sayin...

Your altruism has no place here in this, the final bastion of logic and intellect.

Eastwest, grasssnow is dumb, every who disagrees is dumb becuz I said so

This is the standard reply of everyone who chooses East/West. They go Snow/Grass is too stupid sounding or only for those who can't figure out East/West.

BTW, I personally don't care about any of them except Left/Right which is stupid.

East/West or Grass/Snow are the same. I have found pvping on RP/PVP servers and dealing with thousands of different WZ players that using east/west is too time consuming and more often leads to errors. The same people who can differentiate quickly between east/west can easily differentiate between Grass/Snow. The fact that every single person who does East/West acts like it's a common usage in games and then act like those who can't differentiate the difference is ignorant is in and of itself pretentious and asinine.

Personally, I use them both, and find no difference between them. Though it takes me a half second longer to figure out the East/West. (My favorite part of this hilarious thread is the guy who said it's hard for him to tell what's grass and what's snow, but he looks at his map all the time. Seriously?1?! *** is around your map haha look at the green stuff that's grass, and the white stuff that's snow. Haha)

Varicite, I know you from several forums, simply because you can't grasp it doesn't make it difficult. I seem to remember several forum posts where you were similarly called not intelligent.

I call it Farm and Stables. What? .... What? Just sayin...

haha, Remember how confused everyone got when the new battlefield came out with new names for three locations. People were screaming lumber mill and they meant the middle land. Still makes me laugh.

This is the standard reply of everyone who chooses East/West. They go Snow/Grass is too stupid sounding or only for those who can't figure out East/West.

BTW, I personally don't care about any of them except Left/Right which is stupid.

East/West or Grass/Snow are the same. I have found pvping on RP/PVP servers and dealing with thousands of different WZ players that using east/west is too time consuming and more often leads to errors. The same people who can differentiate quickly between east/west can easily differentiate between Grass/Snow. The fact that every single person who does East/West acts like it's a common usage in games and then act like those who can't differentiate the difference is ignorant is in and of itself pretentious and asinine.

Personally, I use them both, and find no difference between them. Though it takes me a half second longer to figure out the East/West. (My favorite part of this hilarious thread is the guy who said it's hard for him to tell what's grass and what's snow, but he looks at his map all the time. Seriously?1?! *** is around your map haha look at the green stuff that's grass, and the white stuff that's snow. Haha)

Varicite, I know you from several forums, simply because you can't grasp it doesn't make it difficult. I seem to remember several forum posts where you were similarly called not intelligent.

You can find my actual serious reply much, much earlier in the thread. I'm sorry that you cannot seem to understand when people are just joking around w/ one another. I can dig it up for you, if you like.

This is pretty much exactly where I'm coming from. I don't have "grass" and "snow" ingrained into my psyche from decades of learning.

Cardinal directions are far more intuitive for me.

With all that said, I don't really care what you call them, as long as you DO call them when necessary. The time it takes for me to figure out what the heck you're talking about isn't worth complaining about as long as we save the node.

And you know me from a thread where YOU and one other person called me that, because the two of you could not understand the basis of a project that I was working on, and instead decided to insult me.

The guy who doesn't duel ever, but KNOWS that he can beat any Marauder easily and bases all of his 1v1 knowledge and experience on killing pugs in random WZs. Right.

/shrug

Edited by Varicite

The "grass" and "snow" is basically coming out of the "drug" culture terminology that has worked its way into SWTOR PvP gaming.

Grass = Marijuana

Snow = Cocaine

So that's the reason why, and if someone says let's go snow/grass you have an idea what they really mean now. Most people have an idea what left/right or east/west means, though.

You win

. The stupidest thread ever. But you win, good sir.

East and West. Period.

There is no good rational argument for snow / grass other than "well that's how we do it on our server"

Varicite, don't say it.

At least Varicite has the ability to at least acknowledge an opinion outside of yours.

There is no good reason why you can't do snow/grass. It's easier to identify, simpler to figure out in a pvp battle, and most people don't know East from West. Your assertions to the opposite only show your inability to climb out of your own box and meet 80 percent of the people in this world.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Sireene
reply to edited post

I would support stables / lm / farm, rofl

I am totally going to call that out next CW. Absolutely, it took me 10 minutes to figure out what someone was talking about when they said generator on this thread. I didn't even realize there was one.

BTW, my personal favorite is walking into Huttball with people talking about what they are going to do.

"I am going to hold mid" Thank you mister sage youwill do a world of good there.

"I am taking the top rails enemy side"

"I will play defense" Thanks mr. stand on the ledge

"I will heal Ball carrier"

"I can carry the ball"

Me: I will kill as many as possible, and then die. I don't play with balls so you guys are on your own :P"

The replies I get alone are freaking hilarious.

At least Varicite has the ability to at least acknowledge an opinion outside of yours.

There is no good reason why you can't do snow/grass. It's easier to identify, simpler to figure out in a pvp battle, and most people don't know East from West. Your assertions to the opposite only show your inability to climb out of your own box and meet 80 percent of the people in this world.

:rolleyes:

I posted earlier why there is confusion with grass and snow.

I only have issue with people who make false claims that grass snow is somehow more universally intuitive.

Edited by Sireene
quote of edited post

You can find my actual serious reply much, much earlier in the thread. I'm sorry that you cannot seem to understand when people are just joking around w/ one another. I can dig it up for you, if you like.

And you know me from a thread where YOU and one other person called me that, because the two of you could not understand the basis of a project that I was working on, and instead decided to insult me.

The guy who doesn't duel ever, but KNOWS that he can beat any Marauder easily and bases all of his 1v1 knowledge and experience on killing pugs in random WZs. Right.

/shrug

This contained my 4 favorite forum items.

1. Someone taking themself way too seriously.

2. Words in full caps to emphasize points, along with blindingly horrid colors.

3. Quoting yourself

4. A very upset Varicite

Thank you :cool:.

My ranking goes

1. Novarre coast

2. Huttball

3. Civil War

4. Stat padder zergstar

I posted earlier why there is confusion with grass and snow.

I only have issue with people who make false claims that grass snow is somehow more universally intuitive.

I disagree with your confusion. If East/West doesn't confuse you than snow/grass shouldn't either. I am simply providing a counter part laced in sarcasm.

East/West is only intuitive if you are always looking at your minimap, and use those directions regularly.

Snow/Grass is always the same. It's simpler basic, and is a visual aid in a game where visual markers are constantly being used.

I personally could care less, but it's fun to debate it. Though the next person that says left right is going to get troll smacked.:D

This contained my 4 favorite forum items.

1. Someone taking themself way too seriously.

2. Words in full caps to emphasize points, along with blindingly horrid colors.

3. Quoting yourself

4. A very upset Varicite

Thank you :cool:.

My ranking goes

1. Novarre coast

2. Huttball

3. Civil War

4. Stat padder zergstar

Heh, you're right. I got way too worked up there.

I was going to edit it out, but hey, it happened. Whatever.

I'm big enough to admit it, though. /shrug

I disagree with your confusion. If East/West doesn't confuse you than snow/grass shouldn't either. I am simply providing a counter part laced in sarcasm.

East/West is only intuitive if you are always looking at your minimap, and use those directions regularly.

Snow/Grass is always the same. It's simpler basic, and is a visual aid in a game where visual markers are constantly being used.

I personally could care less, but it's fun to debate it. Though the next person that says left right is going to get troll smacked.:D

I'm prepared to say that anyone who isn't glancing at the minimap to get a sense where everyone is. Could be doing better.

Snow grass is fine when you're in the middle seeing both sides. If you can't see the ground its not intuitive at all, because the mountains. Are all universally snow.