RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...

LovarBoy

And how exactly would BW get to know "everything people say in the chat channels in the game"?

The same way they knew there were a LOT of people picking an AC by mistake before they implemented better explanations of the classes. They flagged certain keywords and saw a LOT of people saying in chat they they accidentally chose the wrong AC. And they acted on it. They have a tool that colates and gathers statements made in chat.

Pretty sure this topic has come up more than once or twice across all three servers. ;)

I'm just saying that this thread is definitely not the only source of their information (nor should it be), and definitely does not the contain the majority of players on Lord Calypho.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just saying that this thread is definitely not the only source of their information (nor should it be), and definitely does not the contain the majority of players on Lord Calypho.

majority of ppl of LC doesn't play anymore, you "expert" :rolleyes:

it used to be good pvp server.

Edited by Drom

The same way they knew there were a LOT of people picking an AC by mistake before they implemented better explanations of the classes. They flagged certain keywords and saw a LOT of people saying in chat they they accidentally chose the wrong AC. And they acted on it. They have a tool that colates and gathers statements made in chat.

Pretty sure this topic has come up more than once or twice across all three servers. ;)

Oh if they have such a tool i welcome the usage of it, since i still think the result would be the same. The majority would want to transfer away to another server, be it RP or PVP.

In the end, i simply want BW to make a real statement now....they have delayed long enough and we really cant afford losing more ppl.

Umm... okay, man. Not sure what that has to do with my post, but uhh... ROCK ON!! :D

ok, example, I've got guild with about 20-30 people with active subs, but most of them don't play anymore and wait for transfers and I'm one of them. the rest about 5-10 are still in the game. Is that your majority?

ok, example, I've got guild with about 20-30 people with active subs, but most of them don't play anymore and wait for transfers and I'm one of them. the rest about 5-10 are still in the game. Is that your majority?

Yes. If there's 5-10 on the server for every one unique person posting here, that is, by definition, a majority.

Well, it's certainly not my intent to come across that way, and I certainly do empathize with the position BioWare has put you all in. I can tell you beyond doubt that even if I was on your server, I would be angry, too, yet I would still be encouraging you all to stay constructive, remain realistic, and to keep your heads about you because that yields better and faster results from BioWare. It really is in your best interest to keep from using hyperbole and insults.

Georg Zoeller even came out and said that once.

Edited by LexiCazam
Quoted post has been deleted

Well, it's certainly not my intent to come across that way, and I certainly do empathize with the position BioWare has put you all in. I can tell you beyond doubt that even if I was on your server, I would be angry, too, yet I would still be encouraging you all to stay constructive, remain realistic, and to keep your heads about you because that yields better and faster results from BioWare. It really is in your best interest to keep from using hyperbole and insults.

Georg Zoeller even came out and said that once.

Now whose insulting us.....? You seem to forgot that most of us have been reading all your posts on the thread and you may change tact but you go back into baiting mode fairly quickly. Most of us aren't goldfishs and therefore have a memory which is longer than 5 seconds, so you are not fooling anyone.

Bioware, his not on this server, his not effected, he doesn't have a vote and like most little gobsh... who have to stick their noses in other people's affairs his going to get a nasty surprise soon.

From someone who is on this server, and effected and therefore get's a vote, we have been waiting TWO WEEKS now, it's not unreasonable to have a solution with a timeframe by now. How some of you still have jobs really amazes me personally....

Tbh, everyone on LC has 1 chance to voice their oppinion, and that is here. If they cant be bothered to take 5min to visit the forums then they cant really be too bothered about which direction the server goes either imo. This forum is the only viable source for feedback, unless they install an ingame poll (Which they should have done). But thats too late now.

^^This pretty much. This discussion has been going on ever since the transfers begun. That's more than enough time for everybody involved to voice their concerns.

Hi folks, as promised, I have a bit of an update. We are still examining this unique situation with the three European RP-PvP servers and we are working on various possible scenarios and what their impact will be. Rest assured that we will communicate to you as soon as we have the most optimal scenario. Thank you for your continued patience with this.

How long do you need to think ?

Now whose insulting us.....? You seem to forgot that most of us have been reading all your posts on the thread and you may change tact but you go back into baiting mode fairly quickly. Most of us aren't goldfishs and therefore have a memory which is longer than 5 seconds, so you are not fooling anyone.

Bioware, his not on this server, his not effected, he doesn't have a vote and like most little gobsh... who have to stick their noses in other people's affairs his going to get a nasty surprise soon.

There! Now I'm on your server. ;) My posts magically have a different meaning now! :rolleyes:

And I know you've read all my posts. Therefore, I encourage you to quote anything I said that was not in support of transfers for you. Go ahead.

There! Now I'm on your server. ;) My posts magically have a different meaning now! :rolleyes:

And I know you've read all my posts. Therefore, I encourage you to quote anything I said that was not in support of transfers for you. Go ahead.

You have done nothing other than further alienate yourself from those of us who are truly on LC. Bioware is already telling us to be patient. We don't need to hear it anymore from you, or in fact ever, from bioware. Truth is, a good number of us, a lot of us that cancelled about a month ago who won't represent themselves, already saw this coming. We knew and were already discussing how the RP-PvP would slowly lose population and then once more people noticed they were alone in-game the re-rolls would start and now we're even smaller. We had ALREADY predicted this. Telling us Bioware can just easily filter the chat for keywords and get people's opinion is just stupid now. They could've been doing that BEFORE the first free transfers happened.

I'm sorry but this whole affair reeks of terrible corruption in Bioware. They released how many of their dev team? Did they "let go" all those who brought up this issue? Because how it looks right now is we got the devs who are really not qualified for their jobs. Of course that's market now days isn't it? Get people into your game, break it(merging all servers into 1 respective type of server is kind of a game-breaker) and get every last cent you can from each customer.

But seriously, its not nice to revel in others misfortune...its upsets folk as you can clearly see so stop wandering about in the thread here kicking over furniture and making a mess.

Plus you're not a member of LC until you've bought my reflex stims...which as yet you have not.

In other news, Bioware - please give us some options or at least some of your thoughts on the matter "thanks for your patience while we take your money and laugh at your tears" is not, I repeat NOT feedback anyone on this server wants to hear.

But seriously, its not nice to revel in others misfortune...its upsets folk as you can clearly see so stop wandering about in the thread here kicking over furniture and making a mess.

I agree! And I have definitely not done that! I've even tweeted imploring @SWTOR and @JovethGonzales for a speedier resolution for you guys!

But, hey, if you all are going to stomp on any outside help whatsoever, then so be it. But if you think that hyperbole, insults, and the same 10 people posting over and over again are going to get you speedy results.... well, you're making your own bed.

However, I wish you all the luck in the world! You're gonna need it. I shall now bow out of the thread. :)

Screenprint a LVL 50 on this server, and we will let you have a vote and maybe cookie.

By the way if your quite happy to hijack our thread when you have zero practical experience of this server, then we can always return the favour and hijack the threads that matter to you. I might start with the jugger thread you just posted on....

Hi folks, as promised, I have a bit of an update. We are still examining this unique situation with the three European RP-PvP servers and we are working on various possible scenarios and what their impact will be. Rest assured that we will communicate to you as soon as we have the most optimal scenario. Thank you for your continued patience with this.

That's not an update. Telling me you're still thinking about it, isn't an update. And update is possible solutions you have and when they maybe implemented.

Will I get a refund on time spent not playing because you're refusing to move us off the server? Are you waiting for the next sub cycle so all the ones, including me, won't be able to voice their annoyance because due to not resubbing we won't be able to post on the forum? Are you waiting for the next sub cycle in the hope all WAITING to transfer off this server resub, then you'll hit them with the bombshell that you still aren't moving them?

It won't happen. I won't resub until we get the offer of moving. Have you been taking lessons from Stephen Reid in the non-customer relations area?

To be honest, he did not buy those reflex stims, i checked the GTN... so... it is his fault really.

In all seriousness, I am also wondering when we can get an ETA. On Friday, we got the response that they would come up with a solution after the weekend. It is past the weekend and some more, we are being asked to be patient... Which is fair, but what kind of timeframe are we looking at here?

I don't know if it is just me, but LC is getting deader these last few days. Today I got out early from work (LC server's peak time), and I had a chance to play a little. We had 20 people in fleet, with only 1-2 PVP match at a time, and somehow all the usual suspects (decent players on the imperial side) seemed to be absent.... So, the experience sucked such a big time, I think I won't be logging in till server transfers are up.

I agree! And I have definitely not done that! I've even tweeted imploring @SWTOR and @JovethGonzales for a speedier resolution for you guys!

But, hey, if you all are going to stomp on any outside help whatsoever, then so be it. But if you think that hyperbole, insults, and the same 10 people posting over and over again are going to get you speedy results.... well, you're making your own bed.

However, I wish you all the luck in the world! You're gonna need it. I shall now bow out of the thread. :)

It has been prover 10 times over that NOTHING we say or do will provide us a speedier solution, or even a freaking clear statement.

BW has showed us very obviously that they dont care much about the players on this server. The only thing that could have proven otherwise would have been if they allready had a solution along with all other transfers.

Because i really hope they didnt discuss the transfer process, designed its systems and then once everything was ready: "Oh wait...guuuys, what about the RP-PVP servers?"

No they obviously made a conscious decision to go ignore the RP-PVP servers until after everyone else was allready moved and done.

One of those 2 scenarios is true, and both are shows the same terrible incompetence. Question is: Do we have devs that simply didnt consider there are RP-PVP server types, or do we have Devs that couldnt make a decision what to do with the RP-PVP servers and simply chose to leave it be "Til later"?

I would love to hear a third option and get some small ammount of hope restored, but i honestly cant think of any. Because let's not fool ourselves, even if what we say and want would have any effect (Which i really doubt) on the outcome - they should have asked for feedback before they even started working on the transfer systems.

The fact that they didn't tells it's own story imo.

Twin, that's exactly how I feel. First acting like we don't exist, then PR babble "we are thinking about it" and "what the community want?" and now "we are still thinking about it" and "there is not enough input from community"

They clearly don't have any plans at all. Asking community AFTER the transfers is obviously TOO LATE.

I mean...

just sad

I don't know if it is just me, but LC is getting deader these last few days. Today I got out early from work (LC server's peak time), and I had a chance to play a little. We had 20 people in fleet, with only 1-2 PVP match at a time, and somehow all the usual suspects (decent players on the imperial side) seemed to be absent.... So, the experience sucked such a big time, I think I won't be logging in till server transfers are up.

Strangely enough just last night a new player was asking if the server felt more full last night. I mentioned that 'most' of the players wanted to transfer off. I then felt bad. I told this player that was new to the game that due to forum conjecture 'most' players didn't want to be there. I had felt the full force of the forum negativity. I was wrong to do that. I was giving a negative impact to a fresh player for no other reason than what I read on these boards.

It's saddening.

The player in question asked if he should re-roll now. I then realised what I had done. I had been actively discouraging new players from playing on this server. It's so detrimental to what is wanted and I've also been taken in by it. Swept along in the undercurrent of negativity created within these very forums. It's as if the empire side of the game's storytelling is so good that it has taken over and the mantra of the dark side has taken over, it's lending itself to the outside aspect of the game rather than the game itself.

How many other people have been turned aside from this server from acts similar to mine?

Besides, originally I didn't feel the population was that bad. Could it be better? Yes. Should it be better, HELL YES. Is the galactic market pee poor? oh dear yes. I've never struggled for a flashpoint though . I'm not in any guild and yet I've managed to do a flashpoint or two in my time. I've also managed to do the esseles or bt within ten minutes for every character created (which is nine, two deleted, saving the last slot for a specific unlocked legacy race). However I'm now swept along by the want of a busy server.....

I've done the melancholy, now I'll deal with the angry, it's a natural progression. Plus our options. This deserves another post..

Greetings folks!

We recently had to remove several posts from this thread. In some instances posts had to be removed as replies to moderated posts.

As a gentle reminder to everyone, please remember the following:

•  
  • Insults - Please do not resort to or use them in any way in your posts. Posts should be productive, not destructive.

• Trolling - Please do not post messages that are purposefully designed to provoke, antagonize, or otherwise elicit a negative emotional response.

• Agree to Disagree - Be respectful of others' viewpoints even if they are opposite of your own. Discuss disagreements constructively.

• Report, Don't Respond - Utilize the Report Post feature to report possible rules violations, rather than responding to or fighting them.

• Ignoring - If you feel you simply cannot get along with another community member, please place them on your ignore list.

Please keep in mind to keep posts in this thread on-topic to the discussion being discussed.

Good Evening,

I just want to inform you ( especially players on "Lord Calipho" ) that the RP-PvP Server "Lord Calypho" will have no transfer destination at the transfers coming 12th of June.

We just figured out the problem in the German forums, and we got an official answer.

It's not possible to transfer between different-type servers - it's just problematic because in the EU ( FR / GB / DE ) we only have 3 RP-PvP servers, each per region - and this RP-PvP servers ( all of them are nearly "dead" servers ) will have no option in the server transfers.

It's just a post to inform you players, especially those ones playing on "Lord Calypho".

What do you think about this illogical step BioWare takes in eliminating "dead servers"?

Thank you!

Maybe because people are so mad with the complete lack of communication and usual PR spiel we receive that there's no wonder your having to remove posts.

Someone just give us a straight answer....... and you'll end most of the dissent

It astounds me the amount of people with little grasp of the written language that apparently chose an RP-PVP server.

Kind of makes me wary of a transfer to a full PVP server.

(See, this is the angry bit. I'm sure that sentence alone may upset some people but at least there will be attention given)

The options:

Transfer other French and German RP-PVP servers to LC.;

Terrible idea.

Coming Soon - Automated group finder. A pick up group created by an in-game tool that could partner two people that cannot speak to the rest of the group at all is a bad idea. There are different permutations. Two Germans with a French and Englishman, none of those players players speak the others languages to any acceptable degree, so on and so forth. Very possible, very bad.

Transfer people to LC;

It may be too late. A lot of transfers have gone ahead. The simplest of ones granted. Someone mentioned seven servers left awaiting transfers but this still seems unlikely, even if tomb is pretty full.

Transfer to NA servers;

While I did try it out briefly and didn't suffer any major lag, that is not to say other connections won't. Too difficult scenario to technically gauge correctly.

Multiple server choice;

So far every server transfer has only had one option. This may be technically related. I'm only guessing. Still they seem to have had generally a good technical success rate with the transfer of characters (names being the issue.)

Transfer to PVP server only;

Those that RP would feel aggrieved. Whether RP is active or not is irrelevant. Some would feel the additional maturity of those that choose an RP server is greater than the need for open PVP.

Transfer to RP server only;

Those that want PVP would feel aggrieved. It seems that many feel PVP is a personal choice whether it is very available in the game or not.

My suggestion;

Staggered transfer. Not necessarily the best solution. Week one, offer transfer to PVP server. Week two, offer transfer to RP server. This however proclaims that there pretty much will be NO RP-PVP server in Europe. Sounds like a failure. Which they do have to look at. Also they have the logistics of making it well publicised so that people can make the right choice.

Conclusion ;

It's really not as simple as people make out. They need to make the right decision. The right decision generally is not a quick one. People scream for answers, the answer was they are discussing the possibilities. It is not a decision that should be taken lightly. There is no quick fix. Just read this thread, see the back-biting and hate and realise that whatever solution will cause people complaining.

Criticism fine. As it should be, be constructive if you want to actually continue playing the game. If you are unsubbing, fine, have a little dignity to go with it. Explain rationally why and then do it or don't. The 'I'm unsubbing unless x happens by date y' makes things look a little childish. Get a grip.

TLDR. Then don't bother commenting . If you haven't read it and only read a sentence then you are taking out of context.

Rational thoughts people.