RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...

LovarBoy

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Bioware,

You will make so many people happy, if you open transfers to Lord Calypho. Think about it, the population of this server largely consists of people who enjoy RP and it's primary element - open world pvp (that you tried to kill but failed, thank the Force). Many are ok with 0-30 people on the fleets, don't want to lose their guilds, names (large part of RP personalities) and play with people named 101iPWNEDU. It may be difficult for you to appreciate but the people who play your game enjoy not the gameplay (a castrated version of wow) but the wonderful SW Universe. Don't take that away from us.

Thanks.

Edited by MoZg_YP

Dear Bioware,

You will make so many people happy, if you open transfers to Lord Calypho. Think about it, the population of this server largely consists of people who enjoy RP and it's primary element - open world pvp (that you tried to kill but failed, thank the Force). Many are ok with 0-30 people on the fleets, don't want to lose their guilds, names (large part of RP personalities) and play with people named 101iPWNEDU. It may be difficult for you to appreciate but the people who play your game enjoy not the gameplay (a castrated version of wow) but the wonderful SW Universe. Don't take that away from us.

Thanks.

Yeah! MANY MANY people loves to play with zero players on the fleets! Really? Zero? =D

Ofc some ppl would be Ok with that because....that means they aren't there either lol, so i assume you're trolling.

Logged in...

Chose Republic Toon

Oh look 24 on Republic Fleet

Logging out.

Logged in...

Chose Imperial Toon.

Oh look 27 on Imperial Fleet

Logging out.

Quit game.

Are you sure you want to quit?

Closes to desktop

That's pretty much been the routine lately. :confused:

Well my game time runs out tommorow and my mains are on Lord Calypho but with so few players and the state of PvP I gave up (I havent logged in now for maybe a month) however I did get excited about the transfers when I heard about them.

I think now Im completely done with this game, its not mainly that they havent opened up the transfers, its that the devs here treat the playerbase with contempt pretty much. I recently played a beta weekend of another MMO (while mentioning no names its one where you just have to buy the game and its f2p from then on) and the devs were more than happy to reply to questions and problems in the forums and not leave them full of anger and wild speculation.

it simple open two able servers where we can transfer the first is Tomb of Freedon Nadd for the pvpers and the second server is a rp server for the pvpers do not do able the transfer to a pve server because this is a complete diferent category from rp and the pvp.IF you open only on able destination for transfer an rp-pve server you will lost all the pvpers and they are to many i think what rpers can continue their role playing even to a pvp server you just need fantsy for rp.If the rpers go to a pvp server they can create a rp-pvp guild so when they transfer they may find more members to help them with role playing!I believe what you can do the same thinks to every server no mater its category (you can be a pver at a pvp server, you can be a rp at every category of server. the only think what you cant do at ever category of server is the open pvp (when you meet an empirial at your path you can kill him) and you can play wz and do operation at a rp server ) The players of lord calypho want to go (the most of them to a pvp server) for the open world warzones (im not sure about that but i think what many want to battle with others at the planets)I respect what many players want to stay to lord calypho to continue their rp but soon the server will be dead every day less people loging to the server they can continue their rp at a pvp server but if they can bw should transfer them to a rp server and the people who love pvp bw should transfer them to a pvp server.I ask the rpers to add some water to their wine (that we said to my country and it mean to think the idea of transfection to a pvp server

another terible idea i have is all the players of lord calypho leave the server and begin again from the begining in a new server

plz make somethink soon

Zaxos jedi guardian lord calypho

and those that want to keep the RP but not play on a dead server?

You can keep the roleplaying. On a pvp server. Lord Calypho IS a PVP server. Stop with these semantics already. In fact this is a reason we SHOULD go to TOFN. We have some pretty amazing role players on our server and people not role playing don't stop from still being creative with their RPing. It will show to all those boring people what they had already missed out on and everyone from LC will find each other again and the awesome community we know on LC will be someplace else with some more people that want to be a part of what we have. PvP server should go to PvP server.

it simple open two able servers where we can transfer the first is Tomb of Freedon Nadd for the pvpers and the second server is a rp server for the pvpers do not do able the transfer to a pve server because this is a complete diferent category from rp and the pvp.IF you open only on able destination for transfer an rp-pve server you will lost all the pvpers and they are to many i think what rpers can continue their role playing even to a pvp server you just need fantsy for rp.If the rpers go to a pvp server they can create a rp-pvp guild so when they transfer they may find more members to help them with role playing!I believe what you can do the same thinks to every server no mater its category (you can be a pver at a pvp server, you can be a rp at every category of server. the only think what you cant do at ever category of server is the open pvp (when you meet an empirial at your path you can kill him) and you can play wz and do operation at a rp server ) The players of lord calypho want to go (the most of them to a pvp server) for the open world warzones (im not sure about that but i think what many want to battle with others at the planets)I respect what many players want to stay to lord calypho to continue their rp but soon the server will be dead every day less people loging to the server they can continue their rp at a pvp server but if they can bw should transfer them to a rp server and the people who love pvp bw should transfer them to a pvp server.I ask the rpers to add some water to their wine (that we said to my country and it mean to think the idea of transfection to a pvp server

another terible idea i have is all the players of lord calypho leave the server and begin again from the begining in a new server

plz make somethink soon

Zaxos jedi guardian lord calypho

Your wall of text crits you for 25k.

Your statment that RPers can RP on a PVP server hold true the other way around, PVPers can WZ on a RP-PVE server too. Ilum and Outlaws Den still exist on PVE servers and you can always flag yourself PVP whilst out on planets. Is it an ideal solution? no, but every bit as viable as yours.

Edited by Ryofo

You can keep the roleplaying. On a pvp server. Lord Calypho IS a PVP server. Stop with these semantics already. In fact this is a reason we SHOULD go to TOFN. We have some pretty amazing role players on our server and people not role playing don't stop from still being creative with their RPing. It will show to all those boring people what they had already missed out on and everyone from LC will find each other again and the awesome community we know on LC will be someplace else with some more people that want to be a part of what we have. PvP server should go to PvP server.

And RP server should be able to go to an RP server. See how that works right? we are an RP-pvp server, why should those that chose the RP part not get to play on an RP server? explain why they should? just because you think the pvp part is more important then the RP part doesn't make it right.

Your wall of text crits you for 25k.

Your statment that RPers can RP on a PVP server hold true the other way around, PVPers can WZ on a RP-PVE server too. Ilum and Outlaws Den still exist on PVE servers and you can always flag yourself PVP whilst out on planets. Is it an ideal solution? no, but every bit as viable as yours.

It's not as viable, just because you CAN doesn't make it viable. PvP and PvE servers are still completely different. You are automatically flagged on pvp servers. PvE you have to make that choice to do it, and honestly, who is going to do that? No, there is no argument. RP can happen everywhere but being automatically flagged, seeing 2 republics coming for a gank, then planting yourself in a strategic location to get them to aggro NPC's and then proceed to kill them is only a PvP server thing. Yes there is a lot of ganking and other con's of a PvP server BUT Lord Calypho is STILL firstly a pvp server. Sorry, that's just how it is.

Bioware made the RP part unimportant. Not me. This is from release. They never intended on implementing any roleplaying rules or anything like it. Making it, from the start, a PVP server. They also made RP-PvE if you only wanted RP why not go to that one instead? If you didn't want the PvP you wouldn't have chosen it.

Edited by Cootiepwease

...give us a choice between PvP and RP-PvE!!!

BW - This seems like a completely reasonable and fair request. While it doesn't affect me directly I want to see our fellow SWTOR gamers have the same "full" server experience the rest of us got in this process.

Thanks for your consideration.

It's not as viable, just because you CAN doesn't make it viable. PvP and PvE servers are still completely different. You are automatically flagged on pvp servers. PvE you have to make that choice to do it, and honestly, who is going to do that? No, there is no argument. RP can happen everywhere but being automatically flagged, seeing 2 republics coming for a gank, then planting yourself in a strategic location to get them to aggro NPC's and then proceed to kill them is only a PvP server thing. Yes there is a lot of ganking and other con's of a PvP server BUT Lord Calypho is STILL firstly a pvp server. Sorry, that's just how it is.

Bioware made the RP part unimportant. Not me. This is from release. They never intended on implementing any roleplaying rules or anything like it. Making it, from the start, a PVP server. They also made RP-PvE if you only wanted RP why not go to that one instead? If you didn't want the PvP you wouldn't have chosen it.

But the fact that you CAN rp on a pvp server is viable? what makes one viable and not the other? Bioware also made the world pvp not viable by putting lvl 50 champions with 200k hp around every base. The woulrd pvp your talking about is ganking and if you were lvling whilst being pvp flagged you don't think someone may come an attack you?

I chose and RP-PVP server for the naming policies on and RP server that Bioware doesn't enforce and a PVP server for the world pvp we were promised that Bioware hasn't delivered on. Ganking lowbies and sitting in WZ all day isn't the kind of pvp I or many other who have already left wanted. Now if given a choice between an RP server or a PVP server I will probably take the RP server as PVP in this game is bad and not what we were led to believe it would be when we started.

But the fact that you CAN rp on a pvp server is viable? what makes one viable and not the other? Bioware also made the world pvp not viable by putting lvl 50 champions with 200k hp around every base. The woulrd pvp your talking about is ganking and if you were lvling whilst being pvp flagged you don't think someone may come an attack you?

I chose and RP-PVP server for the naming policies on and RP server that Bioware doesn't enforce and a PVP server for the world pvp we were promised that Bioware hasn't delivered on. Ganking lowbies and sitting in WZ all day isn't the kind of pvp I or many other who have already left wanted. Now if given a choice between an RP server or a PVP server I will probably take the RP server as PVP in this game is bad and not what we were led to believe it would be when we started.

cool story

can u open a thred to vent ur thoughts

we are trying to get a transfer

Just because YOU only relied on Bioware to MAKE you do world pvp does not mean it didn't exist. There is no true ganking. When I see a lvl 50 and I'm leveling an alt I still fight back. PvP is all it is. Is it fair? No of course not but that's what most people on a pvp expect. Have I killed a lvl 50 on a lower level alt? Yes. There is a challenge involved that you obviously don't understand. This conversation is in stagnation. Please come back when you gain comprehension.

We are discussing the various options available to us whilst keeping this thread on the front page, which is exactly what this thread was created for and ask for by the CS guys, but thanks for your constructive input.

I relied on Bioware to implement world pvp, not putting multiple lvl 50 champs at every base beacuse as invariably happens in true world pvp one side is pushed back to there nearest base where at the moment they can sit happliy and wait for the attackers to get bored as going near them results in near instant death with properly geared tanks and healers and before you ask, I was there in WoW for the TM/SS fights and I was there when BLizz killed it off by adding DK's, also there is true low lvl ganking, a lvl 50 on nar shadda killing lvl 25's is ganking, and the low lvls will not kill the lvl 50 no matter how skilled they are, however I don't class this as world pvp, maybe I'm alone in that though.

Edited by Ryofo

... give us a choice between PvP and RP-PvE!!!

Speaking as a player who didn't have a choice and who wound up on a server that wasn't the one I had my eye on, I have no problem with this. RP-PVP is a very niche ruleset, and people who prefer it, I'm sure, have had to deal without dedicated servers for it before. It would be a real shame if these players all left because they were marooned on a dying server simply because of ruleset issues.

Here's what I propose. You already have the ability to open transfers from one server to another single server. I understand that coding "pick your destination from the following" into your current system may not be immediately feasible. So, if you can't arrange to give them a choice right now, move the affected RP-PVP players to an RP-PVE server (or wherever), and give them all a token or credit for a free transfer to a destination of their choice once you open up that service. I think that's a fair solution.

Guys, can we stop fighting amongst ourselves please?

Some people care more about RP than others.

Some people have a different idea about how to RP than others.

But we all want a resolution to the lack of server transfer in or out. We should remain united behind that idea, and try and keep the (admittedly limited) pressure on BioWare to resolve that, or at very least keep us informed.

cool story

can u open a thred to vent ur thoughts

we are trying to get a transfer

...which we are going to achieve by reposting "we want a transfer now" every 10 minutes?

They asked for our opinions. It stands to reason that someone would try and explain why they chose an RP-PVP server, what they are willing to let go and what they're looking for in a possible transfer. On the off chance Bioware actually cares about what we want and they are reading this thread, wouldn't it be more helpful to them if we stated what we want and why we want it?

Still want my opinion?

It is the same as stated before:

We need information how the things are progressing.

Do you really want angry customers?

Do you want these angry customers to post same thoughts over and over again?

Do you want these angry people to quit swtor? As it will happen if this goes like this.

How is the progress? Do we get a transfer (FREE one)?

Do you really care?

Because I do. I really want to utilise my shadow on a new, flourishing server!

...which we are going to achieve by reposting "we want a transfer now" every 10 minutes?

They asked for our opinions. It stands to reason that someone would try and explain why they chose an RP-PVP server, what they are willing to let go and what they're looking for in a possible transfer. On the off chance Bioware actually cares about what we want and they are reading this thread, wouldn't it be more helpful to them if we stated what we want and why we want it?

I agree with you and we know that bioware is following this thread. They closed the other one. They are just neglecting us because they are really just that bad apparently. Everyone will have been transferred to whatever server and we'll be 5 people on the fleet still believing Bioware will give us a solution.

I agree with you and we know that bioware is following this thread. They closed the other one. They are just neglecting us because they are really just that bad apparently. Everyone will have been transferred to whatever server and we'll be 5 people on the fleet still believing Bioware will give us a solution.

im sure what bioware will give us a solution but the question is when many people are very upset bioware should do somethink real soon