RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...

LovarBoy

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it's one server destination per server. Fine. LC had ToFN as its destination. Why can't ToFN have The Progenitor as its destination? So that the RP'ers can move away?

Very clever solution! Unfortunately I have the feeling Bioware doesn't think the RP part of the server is worth spending any additional time on, so I fear it will fall on deaf ears.

ps. I did get an e-mail from a CSR telling me they understand my concerns, and that they sincerely hope I'd give Tomb of Freedon Nadd a chance.

The e-mail also said "As you have seen on the Forum, this was a much discussed subject and this decision was taken to match the community’s expectations"

Did anyone else get this e-mail?

Edited by LordExozone

ps. I did get an e-mail from a CSR telling me they understand my concerns, and that they sincerely hope I'd give Tomb of Freedon Nadd a chance.

The e-mail also said "As you have seen on the Forum, this was a much discussed subject and this decision was taken to match the community’s expectations"

Did anyone else get this e-mail?

Nope. I've gotten several emails from CSRs lately. None of them said that. I can't say what they did say, because the first rule of {censored} is that you don't talk about {censored}...

Ha! This is brilliant!

Are you reading this, Bioware?! This is the answer. No policies broken, no (fake) technological limitations breeched. The only trick would be that we'd each have to wait 72 hours after our transfer to ToFN before we could transfer again. I can handle 72 hours on ToFN if I know I'm going to The Progenitor afterwards.

But if you do this, BW, you need to tell us. Because I (and most others still vocal on this thread) would never move to ToFN of our own volition unless it was a waypoint to get to The Progenitor. If I got stuck there, I'd scream bloody murder (and I can scream loud!).

Damn, Kiyosa. Are you in Mensa?

No... I only apply common sense, something that 's increasingly becoming scarce lately. Maybe I should join though.. hrmm..

I fully support opening Lord Calypho to Progenitor transfers.

I play to RP. I don't care about PvP or PvE rule sets the slightest. I just tend to roll on RP-PvP realms cause I like to keep "my options open". Aswell as that it's nice for open-world PvP roleplay events. The past week I've felt completely lost on TOR. My friends are all rolling on Progenitor. Other friends can't be bothered to play anymore and are unsubbing.

The thing is, you put alot of work in your legacy and your characters. Having just two level 50's and a level 36 legacy is probably not much at all, but I've built it up over 4 months and I have no intention of loosing it. Also, if I level somewhere else, that XP is 'wasted' cause it could've been added to my legacy.

The thing is, the Lord Calpyho > Tomb to Freedon Nadd transfer has completely killed off the last few active strays on the server and unless there's some way of me getting to Progenitor, I don't see alot of point in continueing. I'm not going to start over again every time Bioware hits a snag or a technical challenge.

Nor will I spend reallife cash on things that, in my opinion, are part of the 'service' that comes with playing an MMO - having the option of playing a game with alot of people along the mindset that was initially promised.

So it's one server destination per server. Fine. LC had ToFN as its destination. Why can't ToFN have The Progenitor as its destination? So that the RP'ers can move away?

While you do that. Why can't Prophecy of Five have Jedi Covenant as it's destination so I can move my Imperial Character to be with my Republic characters.

I would fully support that. I have already moved to Tomb simply because I knew the majority of the server would. I don't particularly want to be there but saw it as a necessary evil for grouping.

Hi folks,

I just wanted to take some time to address the folks that have been disappointed with the decision to allow transfers from the European RP-PvP servers to a destination PvP server. As background, the Character Transfer Service is intended to offer players an opportunity to move to a pre-selected single server that provides for a better gameplay experience via a higher population. When we initially came up with the list of destination servers, we wanted to match each origin server up to a similar playstyle destination server. This obviously worked with the majority of servers. However, due to smaller demand for the playstyle, there was only one RP-PvP server per language when the game went live.

We wanted to maintain this type of server as an option for players and we felt that the current players that were already on these servers (who specifically selected an RP-PvP playstyle) didn’t want to change that, so we left them untouched. However, after the character transfer service process began, we immediately saw that many players on European RP-PvP servers wanted to have the option to move to a higher population server.

Since our policy for Free Character Transfers is to only allow one destination server per origin server, we had to decide: will we allow these players to transfer to an RP-PvE server or a PvP server?

Due to the fact that PvE and PvP are two fundamentally different server rulesets, the choice to open PvP server destinations made the most sense. The game does impose different rules on players on PvE and PvP servers, but there are currently no rules enforced for RP players – the designation is there to indicate to players who prefer to roleplay that a server is a good choice for them.

For players that feel that the RP-PvP experience is more important, there is no requirement to leave the RP-PvP server, and we encourage players who prefer the RP-PvP playstyle to continue playing on these servers.

Please keep in mind that this is all part of our initial phase of the Character Transfer Service and that we will be monitoring the situation closely on these three servers going forward. Your feedback is very important and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know your thoughts during the process.

"However, due to smaller demand for the playstyle, there was only one RP-PvP server per language when the game went live."

Apart from America, that has two, and you appear to be favouring that player base more than anyone. As people got to move off one RP-PvP server to another on the US servers.

Maybe you need to think about changing your policy. Your policies have already cost you over 500k in lost users and their cash, sticking to your 'policy' will cost you to lose more.

The feedback is clearly not important to you as it's taken you days to bother responding and aren't giving the RP players what they want. Which really isn't such a big policy change to give them.

I would fully support that. I have already moved to Tomb simply because I knew the majority of the server would. I don't particularly want to be there but saw it as a necessary evil for grouping.

^^^ This.

Hopefully BW will take up Kiyosa's suggestion without penalty. Transfers for LC should remain free regardless of where the destination is as, and i may be a bit paranoid here, it did seem in a few of the others dev posts that it soon wont be,

I have already moved to Tomb simply because I knew the majority of the server would. I don't particularly want to be there but saw it as a necessary evil for grouping.

Like many of us did in order to keep experiencing the game. I don't see why Bioware would refuse to give those who moved against their will a chance to get what they initially agreed paying for, namely RP.

Edited by Kiyosa

Like many of us did in order to keep experiencing the game. I don't see why Bioware would refuse to give those who moved against their will a chance to get what they initially agreed paying for, namely RP.

I made the biggest mistake in my life moving to the tomb really bad server wish I had stuck it out in the lord

I made the biggest mistake in my life moving to the tomb really bad server wish I had stuck it out in the lord

I can't say I particularly like it either. But I'm certain I'd have liked even less to stick on LC with 12 people on the fleet at peak times, no warzones, no flashpoints/operations or a functioning GTN. :(

Edited by Kiyosa

That is the way WOW free transfers work. The destination transfer is only one server.

When you pay for a transfer to any server you want. You submit a request and then someone manually transfers your character. This is why it takes a bit longer.

Why would BW do it differently?

Because they're not Blizzard. It's entirely possible that you're correct, and that the transfer system works in the exact same way as the one they have for WoW. However, we haven't been told this by anyone with actual knowledge of the process. I'll wait for my confirmation, thanks.

So yes the decision made here if there is another transfer to get where you wanted to go. Others will cry out foul and stamp there feet and Chant just as has been going on here. I will cancel my sub.

The whole community is watching. :eek:

I don't think this is coming. I think Bioware is far too afraid of the outcry from all those who transferred to the one server they were pre-destined for (i.e. everyone who transferred throughout this process) if we get a choice and they didn't. Never mind the uniqueness of our case. As can plainly be seen by some of the posts in this thread by certain, um, people, other players are watching this situation closely and are just waiting to pounce and QQ til their eyes bleed if we get to choose and they didn't. I think that will prevent Bioware from even seriously considering a second round of free transfers next week or ever for those of us still on LC, or those that took the free transfer to ToFN and now regret it. I think our best hope is a paid transfer at some point, even though I refuse to do that.

I have to say here that if the EU RP-PvP servers are not offered transfers to pure RP servers solely due to the developers' fear of angering a few players with a sour-grapes mentality, I'll have lost what little faith I still have in their being able to make any kind of reasonable decisions for the future of this game.

I can't say I particularly like it either. But I'm certain I'd have liked even less to stick on LC with 12 people on the fleet at peak times, no warzones, no flashpoints/operations or a functioning GTN. :(

Agreed. I've been using the ignore option like crazy. But it was better than staying on a dead server. I fear what it is like out in the wild though. I'm assume there will be gank squads around on the low lever planets. Seems to be the mentality that is on Nadd. Still, my stuff actually sells again on the GTN.

I still want the RP people left on LC to get their own transfer.

Thats a real shame Skotish, lets hope in the fullness of time you can get off Tomb and onto Progenitor with the rest of us who prefer a roleplay type community :)

I moved from Lord Calypho to Tomb of Freedon Nadd against my will because Lord Calypho day by day becomes more dead. I wish we had a choice to move to an rp-pve server (Progenitor) since a straight pvp server is not my element.

I am seriously thinking of not renewing my 6 month subscription since i don't have the strength to start from scratch.

So since you forcing us to go Tomb can you open Progenitor to the Tomb server?

I moved from Lord Calypho to Tomb of Freedon Nadd against my will because Lord Calypho day by day becomes more dead. I wish we had a choice to move to an rp-pve server (Progenitor) since a straight pvp server is not my element.

I am seriously thinking of not renewing my 6 month subscription since i don't have the strength to start from scratch.

So since you forcing us to go Tomb can you open Progenitor to the Tomb server?

Indeed, how about the possibility of that? I'd move to ToFN if there was a move planned onto Progenitor straight after...

BW can't allow players from LC to transfer to Progenitor, otherwise thousands of players will demand the same opportunity to switch from PVP to PVE servers and vice-versa. So, either accept the change to ToFN, like i did, and enjoy playing on the european server with the highest population at any time of day or wait for BW to finish "cleaning house" so that they can start implementing paid transfers, where you can go wherever you want.

BW can't allow players from LC to transfer to Progenitor, otherwise thousands of players will demand the same opportunity to switch from PVP to PVE servers and vice-versa. So, either accept the change to ToFN, like i did, and enjoy playing on the european server with the highest population at any time of day or wait for BW to finish "cleaning house" so that they can start implementing paid transfers, where you can go wherever you want.

hi my name is Liveaus and i would like to order a sandwich.... WUT!?! bread costs extra??

hi my name is Liveaus and i would like to order a sandwich.... WUT!?! bread costs extra??

You know, you don't have to switch servers. If RP is really what the majority of players on LC cared about, why did they leave and left the server for dead? The majority that left the game claim it was because of the shortage of endgame content, but why do you need 50 different operations if you really only care about RP? You only need fancy gear and an imagination for RP, so save your sarcasm for those who left you alone in there.

You know, you don't have to switch servers. If RP is really what the majority of players on LC cared about, why did they leave and left the server for dead? The majority that left the game claim it was because of the shortage of endgame content, but why do you need 50 different operations if you really only care about RP? You only need fancy gear and an imagination for RP, so save your sarcasm for those who left you alone in there.

my server was a destination, i lost nothing and gained a bunch of crying babies bu**hurt about the loss of their identities.

Just going to throw my support in here. I never really post on forums, but this situation has, since were using the word, "irk'd" me. Rpers, go to rp realms to rp. Pvpers, go too pvp realms. Rpers, who also like to pvp, go to rp-pvp realms. Now, if the pvpers were moved to a rp realm, they can still pvp just as much in the Warzones, they're gameplay will only be affected a little, they can still keep their pvp guilds, rpers aren't hard to avoid. But, what about the rpers? We get sent to a pvp realm, we can no longer rp. We'd be griefed, trolled, mocked. Sure, we can pvp, but alot of these people, myself included, only still play this game for the rp. We are now being forced to abandon our characters, our Legacy, and completely re-roll on a new server? This will tear communities apart. Sure, the best solution is let us transfer to either rp or pvp, make it our choice, but if thats not possible, you're chosing the worst of the two alternatives. People on rp-pvp realms that only pvp'd already dealt with rp, avoided it if they didn't want it. Would it be that much harder to do on a normal rp realm? I shouldn't think so. However, as I've stated, we rpers will no longer be able to rp anymore, we stand to lose more here, and for what? I'm just irked. Edited by Vanazen

You know, you don't have to switch servers. If RP is really what the majority of players on LC cared about, why did they leave and left the server for dead?

To answer your question, the majority of people who join a RP-PvP server are not after RP. RP'ers are always the minority of MMOs, even on servers specifically created for them. People will give you all sorts of reasons why they join such a server, although they don't RP (a more mature community, friends went there, randomly picked, etc. etc.) Naturally, the server goes dead when those migrate, leaving the RP'ers behind in an as good as dead server. Yes, we do enjoy RP more than the other aspects of the game, but it's obviously not the only thing we like spending our time with. PvP and PvE became impossible after the mass exodus due to the extremely low population left behind. That's why we have to switch servers.

But does being a minority really justify being spat at like this and left without a decent option? We're still paying customers, like everyone else. We chose this server consciously, for its actual purpose, unlike most others. And for that we get nigh to no respect? I don't know about you, but that's not fair in my book and very much a reason to be displeased.

Edited by Kiyosa