What Gaming Keyboard are people using?

prutherford

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok this is one of the ones i was looking at and had a question about, is it like there mice that you have to run the software as admin or does it store the custom key setting in the keyboard?

Actually, i don't even use the software for it, I just map the keys in game and it works fine.

Are there any decent affordable gaming keyboards? I am not going to drop $89 on a gaming keyboard just because it has a section for games and tons of new buttons.

Razor Arctosa around the $40 mark Basic features of gaming keyboard.

streamlined version of the lycosa,you dont get back light all that .Not overly teched out , just a lightweight durable keyboard for those who dont use all the extras.

2 versions 1 with white(Silver version) key icons or the completley black keys

Edited by CygnusMX

Razer Arctosa

The best programable keyboard for the price, period.

http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Arctosa-Gaming-Keyboard-Black/dp/B001L5U18E

The Razer Arctosa Silver Edition comes with Silver colored text on black keys

The Hyperesponse keys of the Razer Arctosa reduce key latency

The Razer Arctosa addresses ghosting signal failure that occurs when you press multiple keys simultaneously on traditional keyboards.

Selective anti-ghosting around the WASD gaming cluster on the Razer Arctosa allows more commands to be entered at any one time

Fully programmable keys with macro capabilities that enable instantaneous, multiple commands with a single keystroke

Edited by CygnusMX

I generally game on a KBC Poker w/ red switches. Gaming branded keyboards are pretty much gimmicks, just put that money towards a piece of hardware where the higher price is due to quality construction instead of a dozen programmable buttons you won't use.

Keyboard - Corsair K90 (every button programed and used in all my games and programs)

Mouse - Razer Naga Epic (Again, every button programed and used)

Once you try hardware as such. You wont go back to the basic standard mice and keyboards.

Edited by DigitalPrime

Forget about gaming keyboard, all the rubberdome keyboards are waste of cash.

For the price of all the flashy stuff with macros, get a proper mechanical ones. I got QPAD MK-50 with Cherry Blue switches, and I'd not trade it for any rubber POS. And yes, I know Blues are more for typing then gaming, but I work a lot from home, and blue switches are THE thing - browns are okay too, but they feel too neutral, being mixture of Red and Blues.

Get DAS, Ducky or QPAD and you will never want to go to any "pr0 g4m1ng" rubber crap.

Gaming keyboard? A 15$ special - special because it's standard run-of-the-mill and let's me operate my computer just the way I want to. Did I mention it's cheap? Because it is. I'm not sure what the brand name is, because I don't look at that unless it malfunctions and I need to call customer service somewhere. Edited by ProsaicProse