• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Nautolan

2. Togruta

3. Kel Dor

I prefer "Tailhead" species.. :rod_eyes_g:

QQ: I know, players want play Jawas,"smurfs", etc. But I dont want to play "dwars" in SWTOR. I dont want to play character speaking "alien-language". And even if its posible to speak in basic (or whatever they call it) It does not fit well for Jawas/Ewoks. Give this game some RULES. Of course I respect Your choices, but I think there should be some lines.

QQ: I know, players want play Jawas,"smurfs", etc. But I dont want to play "dwars" in SWTOR. I dont want to play character speaking "alien-language". And even if its posible to speak in basic (or whatever they call it) It does not fit well for Jawas/Ewoks. Give this game some RULES. Of course I respect Your choices, but I think there should be some lines.

Agreed. While I respect those that wish to play as Jawas, Ewok, Wookiees, or whatever else, I'm trying to preserve a sense of sensibility and realism within this poll. Hence the different categories, the overall only counting near-humans and humanoids (that can make use of existing character customization assets), and the asterisks marking problematic species due to lore or voiceover.

Note the rationale behind the top five in the preamble. Likewise, my personal hope is that they have heavy Legacy requirements, with or without credits attached.

Not buying that rationale for anything other than Wookies (and maybe Selkath), who cannot speak Galactic Basic.

Jawas and the rest can speak basic, and they don't break the weaksauce canon, and the pitch or effects of existing voice acting can be changed to accomodate Ewoks, Jawas, Yoda, Droids, etc.

As I am writing this Mon Calamari and Rodian are #4 and #5, but Droid has more votes than either Mon Calamari or Rodian, but isn't in the top 5. Looks to me like the OP doesn't like the idea of Wookies, Ewoks, Jawas, or Droids being playable and has made a poll of the top 5 races that the OP likes and not a poll of what players actually want. Fine, I guess, but don't call it "Community Desire for X" call it "My Own Personal Desire for X"

Edited by boxfetish

Not counting Cathar, since I'm quite looking forward to playing as them.

1. Nikto (any subpecies, but I think it would be cool to select them.)

2. Zeltron. Probably one of the most practical and easy to add for Bioware. Plus, Deliah Blue from Legacy is awesome.

3. Weequay.

I'd also love to play as a Togruta, but since they are already winning, I figured I'd voice my support for some of the less popular species!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.