Cel Cawdro's Ultimate "Community Desire for Species" Poll

CelCawdro

He regularly posts on the forums so I imagine somewhat recently. Has had some version of this thread going at least since 2009.

Seems like he just updated it in the last few minutes. I now see a different number for Togruta and Nautolan than the ones I've seen before for over a few weeks.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like he just updated it in the last few minutes. I now see a different number for Togruta and Nautolan than the ones I've seen before for over a few weeks.

To be fair, it was only a single week without an update. ;)

no new species please, more content.

Im satisfied with the allowable species atm. This wouldnt provide me with anything new or exciteing to do.

just say no, to fluff content.

Read: I personally have no interest in a new species since my favourite is already implemented. Thus, I cannot conceive of any other people having need of a desire that I have already fulfilled, even when looking at the size of this thread. Since this wouldn't provide me, personally, with anything new to do, I don't believe that any resources should be devoted to something that isn't benefitting me directly, even if there has been a huge demand in the community since pre-release for these additional features.

Edited by CelCawdro

Read: I personally have no interest in a new species since my favourite is already implemented. Thus, I cannot conceive of any other people having need of a desire that I have already fulfilled, even when looking at the size of this thread. Since this wouldn't provide me, personally, with anything new to do, I don't believe that any resources should be devoted to something that isn't benefitting me directly, even if there has been a huge demand in the community since pre-release for these additional features.

Hehehe this made me chuckle. Some people get annoyed when people come into threads and try to start an argumnet. Personaly I am all for it, a lot of people only read the front 2 or 3 pages of posts and if a argument keeps this thread, alive, in peoples minds we have more chance of getting the species many of us want in game.

1 - Kaleesh

2 - Falleen

3 - Trandoshan

Really tough decision where to should put them on my list but I simply adore them all!

Not to mention Falleen would be a happy medium for those who want a reptillian race without the complications of Trandoshans.

Edited by Hitsuu

Judging by the models used in game, Gamorreans should be Humanoid and not Extreme Humanoid.

They simply use the Body Type 4 bodies (which I don't think are fat enough, but they do it anyways), and then have a replacement and immutable head (like Rodians, Mon Calimari, etc) where it does not render facial expressions as Near-Humans. Gear actually renders better for a Gamorrean than it would a Mon Cal, because Gamorreans can use the existing glove graphics and Mon Cal gets the big-hands feature.

The Extreme Humanoid catagory is for Ewok, Wookies, Jawas, etc. Races that would require the gear graphics to be completely redesigned for their race because they have abnormal bodies, instead of just replacement heads. Gamorreans can wear the exact same gear graphics as PCs, so they would fit into that Humanoid catagory of being graphically doable.

Still got the language barrier, but the physical rendering will not pose any problems.

Judging by the models used in game, Gamorreans should be Humanoid and not Extreme Humanoid.

They simply use the Body Type 4 bodies (which I don't think are fat enough, but they do it anyways), and then have a replacement and immutable head (like Rodians, Mon Calimari, etc) where it does not render facial expressions as Near-Humans. Gear actually renders better for a Gamorrean than it would a Mon Cal, because Gamorreans can use the existing glove graphics and Mon Cal gets the big-hands feature.

The Extreme Humanoid catagory is for Ewok, Wookies, Jawas, etc. Races that would require the gear graphics to be completely redesigned for their race because they have abnormal bodies, instead of just replacement heads. Gamorreans can wear the exact same gear graphics as PCs, so they would fit into that Humanoid catagory of being graphically doable.

Still got the language barrier, but the physical rendering will not pose any problems.

As shown here, Gamorrean body sizes can actually vary:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Gorge_and_Greel.jpg

As shown here, Gamorrean body sizes can actually vary:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Gorge_and_Greel.jpg

Interesting. For the former information, I'll root around a bit more to see just how much of an outlier the scrawny Gamorrean is. As for the second post, if a species can only utilize a single body type, I put them in extreme humanoid. While species like Trandoshans and Gamorreans would require a great deal less effort than Wookiees or Jawas, they are still limited in their character creation options, particularly relative to species such as your "regular" humanoids such as Kel Dor, Rodians and Mon Cal.

I admit that I tossed them into extreme humanoid based on the perception that they are all... ahem... husky individuals, but I will do a little research to see if other body sizes are typical, as well.