Cel Cawdro's Ultimate "Community Desire for Species" Poll

CelCawdro

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not buying that rationale for anything other than Wookies (and maybe Selkath), who cannot speak Galactic Basic.

Jawas and the rest can speak basic, and they don't break the weaksauce canon, and the pitch or effects of existing voice acting can be changed to accomodate Ewoks, Jawas, Yoda, Droids, etc.

As I am writing this Mon Calamari and Rodian are #4 and #5, but Droid has more votes than either Mon Calamari or Rodian, but isn't in the top 5. Looks to me like the OP doesn't like the idea of Wookies, Ewoks, Jawas, or Droids being playable and has made a poll of the top 5 races that the OP likes and not a poll of what players actually want. Fine, I guess, but don't call it "Community Desire for X" call it "My Own Personal Desire for X"

You can buy whatever you like - it doesn't change the fact that you didn't read the preamble. :) Again, this poll isn't solely for players (although it still tracks all player votes equally - the fact that you are using that data to attack me proves this) - it seeks to highlight those species which wouldn't require an entirely new customization system and can use existing assets.

Read the rationale and dispute that. Quote me. Then we can have an actual discussion. ;)

Edited by CelCawdro

1. Nautolan

2. Togruta

3. Nikta

There are more I would like to see including Kel-Dor and Rodian. I argued heavily for more playable species before launch and I will keep doing so. I am glad they are adding Cathar (though I would have much rather seen many other playable species introduced first), but only for the fact that it means we are getting more options. I am hoping to see more than just Cathar being added this year, because I really don't like that Cathar is the species they picked. This isn't some anime game, we don't need cat people.

I'm not against adding Cathars, but I just don't think they should be the first they add. Even though I want Nautolan the most, togruta seems to be the most logical choice for new playable species.

You still havent stated why Trandoshans are "extreme humanoids". They use the same skeleton as rodians, humans, etc, and wear the same gear. They're no more "extreme" than mon-cal.

Height. I realize that they can use body type 4, with a little scale added, but that's about it.

Height. I realize that they can use body type 4, with a little scale added, but that's about it.

Huh. I dont even think I realized it WASNT body type 4 (or 3, or whatever the heck it is). They seemed smaller than Khem val. They could/should just scale em down to that. Really, once they have the skeleton/skin, its really easy to make a creature bigger or smaller. We could have rancor sized jawas! UTINI!

Edited by NermalDetonator