What will you do if your server is neither origin or destination server?

Magnesium

I've been thinking about the possibility that BW leave some servers completely alone and do not implement any action for origin or destination.

What will you do if nothing changes for your server, yet you feel it should be either or on the options currently been given out, in partciular with new Ops and rated WZs coming out.

I'm from Helm of Graush and feel our server meets the destination requirement but if they fail to offer any option for that server then it leaves little choice when you know groups for Rated WZs are going to be rare and few and far between.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope, but I'm still not convinced, that all servers will be labeled as origin or destination servers.

What sucks for me personally is that my server, based on it's current population, probably will be in one of the last steps. Our population is too big for being a origin server but not big enough to only get players from one or two extremely light servers. Hence, we will probably have to wait and see which servers, in our own range, they decide to "merge" through transfers. A transfer to one server from three servers my own server's size would be good.

Edited by MidichIorian

Continue playing normally?

I figure that eventually every existing server is going to become one or the other, though.

If the server that I am playing on now becomes a destination server, then great. Hopefully the new people will be at least somewhat mature and if not add to the community, at least not detract from it.

If it becomes an origin server, then I switch, hope that my names are available, and hope that this new server has a generally mature attitude and a decent community.

Nothing for now. But when my sub runs out next month and I still have issues finding groups for end game content, unsub. Move on and chalk this game up as a fun experence as a single player game. But not worth a subscription. And I would leave with absolutely no bitterness, but with a solid memory of my experences, both good and bad. :)

Edit: I should mention I am not moving even if they offer those on my server transfers. Which they have not yet.

Edited by Valkirus

The force will resolve this issue, and if it doesn't I will chose a path away from swtor.

I cannot imagine that your server will end up not in a better place, but that said my server (anchorhead) is likely stuck in the middle with you....

I've been thinking about the possibility that BW leave some servers completely alone and do not implement any action for origin or destination.

What will you do if nothing changes for your server, yet you feel it should be either or on the options currently been given out, in partciular with new Ops and rated WZs coming out.

I'm from Helm of Graush and feel our server meets the destination requirement but if they fail to offer any option for that server then it leaves little choice when you know groups for Rated WZs are going to be rare and few and far between.

Quit the game, I feel I gave more then enough time waiting, at this point if things don't start looking up I will have to move one, with Gw2, MoP and all the other MMO's coming out I really see no need to give them any more of my time unless I see results before the start of the summer, I given 6 mths so far understanding that all new MMO need time to iron out the kinks and 6 Mths is more then enough time IMO.

Allthough things are looking good so far I must admit but know really knows until its done, also I will not pay for any transfer, I feel it should be a free service like Rift has, as I stated in another post Bioware does not have that luxury to be charging any more money unless it's a expac, when and if Bioware has 8+ million subs then they can charge because at that point they are far from the danger zone, Swtor at this point is hovering around 1 million subs they better be humble and very nice to there players base because one wrong move and this game loses another 400k subs and that they can not afford.

If Terentatek is left as it is, I'll be leaving once my sub runs out (ie, not renewing). My entire guild is already on the ropes and only the hope of these server transfers has kept any guild life on the server at all. I should not have to wait until pay transfers roll around to be able to get into a warzone without having to wait 30-60 mins per queue, if not more. I should not have to cancel scheduled 8-man operations that took an entire week to plan just because 1 person can't make it and we can't find an alternate because there are no 50s on the fleet looking for a PUG.

Bottom line, I'm currently paying for a game I can't enjoy.

All servers are getting either an origin or destination treatment

That's likely false for some of the RP servers who are the only of their kind, for example Ajunta Pall, which is the only West Coast RP-PvE server.

Nothing for now. But when my sub runs out next month and I still have issues finding groups for end game content, unsub. Move on and chalk this game up as a fun experence as a single player game. But not worth a subscription. And I would leave with absolutely no bitterness, but with a solid memory of my experences, both good and bad. :)

Edit: I should mention I am not moving even if they offer those on my server transfers. Which they have not yet.

yes im planning on doing the same.when i heard about the possible movement of my chars i was pleased.apon hearing that i couldnt move from where bioware put me,to someplace i chose didnt.

basically theyre telling me my server if fine(it is full of IMPS),its not.i move where i want to go or i quit.plain and simple..telling us where to go?lol havent you dweebs learned anything?im still annoyed at being told my new superpowerd rig was the problem not the coding.bioware youve already taken an arrow to the knee,your limping about.instead of eating another arrow how about giving the community what it wants.or you die a slow mmo death.with everybody using you as an example of what "not "to do to annoy customers.

I was surpised to see Fatman a destination server, I guess they really did some kinda mega increase, at some point all servers will be either or.. outside of the three oceanic servers, which they are three different kinds, no where to put those folks, as it stands.

I think most of us can understand the logic behind the stages of movement (though the way they going about it is going to be annoying to many people who do not see their server name on the list) but with so many other MMOS coming out soon or betas etc, they are helping to push people away, which is something they have managed to do with every update unfortunately -- which brings us to the mess we are now looking at.

That's likely false for some of the RP servers who are the only of their kind, for example Ajunta Pall, which is the only West Coast RP-PvE server.

Vrook Lamar, Begeren Colony, and Lord Ieldis are also west coast RP-PvE servers.

Further, when there really are singular servers of a type (the European RP-PvP servers, for example, of which there are three, but each intended for speakers of a different language) then you have to keep in mind that this is phase one.

They could always come back later and allow cross-server type transfers off of these servers.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

But for all of the people talking about quitting, just quit and stop talking about it.

No one really cares about your reasons other than yourselves and possibly Bioware, and there is a thread where you can post your reasons, and they almost certainly have an exit questionnaire of some type where you can speak your mind as well.

Edited by Mithros

I was surpised to see Fatman a destination server, I guess they really did some kinda mega increase, at some point all servers will be either or.. outside of the three oceanic servers, which they are three different kinds, no where to put those folks, as it stands.

The truth is, the present sub base of TOR is a lot lower than some think. That is why you saw the Fatman as one of the destination ones. And I still am wondering what will happen to a player's char names when they do the mystical "Super Servers" thingie.

Edited by Valkirus

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.