Current Transfer Servers

Auck

They obviously are going to start slow in case there are bugs they didn't find.

"Swtor loses 50% of their characters in transfers!" Would not be a good thing.

The transfers have been put off for way too long is the problem. Too many impatient people wanting to get the mmo they paid for. They SHOULD have merged servers months ago.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a process that should have been worked on since December. Unless Bioware was completely ignorant and did not want to even think of the possibility of servers dieing.

This is 100% exactly what they thought, they had no server transfer system in place as they thought the game would be that successful, transfers would not be needed this early on in the game.

They had no system in place and this is why we have waited this long, complete arrogance from BW thinking the game would not need transfers 6 months down the line.

I honestly dont know why people are freaking out. The games are not the problem but the communities around it.

Relax folks, smoke a joint or something and put on some Bob Marley. Everybody these days expect that everything to be perfect from the beginning. Wake up folks, perfect doesnt exist.

Old School communities almost don't exist anymore (im sure there are people on the forum that are still part of it), everybody freaks out about everything. It doesnt matter wich company or what game. Grow up folks. Its just a game, sometime people forget that.

I play since beta, and still like the game. Ofcourse I missed the Ranked WZ, but they are comming eventually.

And btw if you all are so furious about this, just unsub so you can sleep well again.

@BW,

Keep on going folks, already looking forward to 1.3 !

I do think they'd get fractionally less QQing if they pointed out they were just doing one of each (non-RP) region+playstyle variety server to test things initially.

This is not the test, this is the real thing. They stated very clearly that the process would be gradual.

Bwaahaha look at the blizz fanboi, D3 is still a huge mess with dups/bots/spam and they still haven't even launched the RMAH.

Yeah Blizz sure gets things done, stupid @ss fanboi.

Thats also because of the kind of game that D3 is. D3 is also very new tho I dont play it because I play this.

Use the mistakes Blizzard has made with WoW and then fixed and use it to your advantage, make SWTOR a game to be proud you sub ;)

Just a reminder for those who don't yet know...

1.) Login -> Account -> Character Transfer. There are 10 origin servers and 10 destination servers.

2.) This isn't all of the transfers. Bioware said there would be more phases.

3.) Yes, at least one server is transferring to Fatman. Yes, you can scream fail. ;-)

4.) The transfers are fairly smooth from those who've experienced them.

5.) No, still no guild transfers, and still no way to make it possible for duplicate legacy/player names.

Some fail here. And some win here: smooth so far.

this is what i was posting in another thread before it was locked.

Bioware, please read this post and understand one simple fact: you must properly set peoples expectations or they'll constantly be disappointed.

you can't just say "adding more servers, check back soon!".

i'm disappointed because of the expectations bw set.

I'm appalled at the people (the players) now covering the forums. People who don't appear to understand words like "gradual" or "phase" or "over time" or "patience". People whose reading comprehension is utter fail. People that I actually DO hope quit the game.

I've always known the forums are a cesspit...took today for that knowledge to really hit home. I honestly hope that I never encounter 95% of you in-game, in real life, in any sort of after-life, or anywhere else.

This post adds nothing of value to the conversation at-hand. I know this even as I type it. But honestly, I'm so disgusted with the "community" that I'm typing it anyway.

You have no idea what this process takes. You have no idea as to why they cannot give out the information, yet you are arguing a solution and then spreading misinformation based on that.

Honestly, most of the frustration we see on these boards is exactly a result of posts such as this.

More frustration is caused by the lack of developer interaction. Would be it be too hard to give us an idea on when more will be added? Will it be today? Tomorrow? 1.5 hours into this fiasco and all they are doing is locking threads and telling us to just keep refreshing the transfer page hoping they will add more "soon". Give me a break who do they think they are? Im supposed to just sit here and refresh my screen for info? Just amazing you guys keep defending this behavior. Is there ANYTHING they can do to make you upset?

I think all the people telling you to be patient are a bit ridiculous. I already waited 3 months to be able to have a possibility of playing the game at times other than 7-9 pm. This process should be clearly listed for all to read (even if it is just server transfer projections.) The only thing we have to read from them now is "We will call you, maybe." LOL EA/BIOWARE YOU GOT ME AGAIN. /jellymad Edited by duffordz

They knew before this mornings patch what servers and were to, to say they didn't is a lie. They knew and FAILED to say it in there forums or anywere else.

They said well over a week ago that the process would be gradual and start with a few servers. They also clearly explained why they would not release the server list in advance. The only failure, as has been pointed out, is in your ability to process the information provided to you.

Why shiuld he or anyone else stop qqing. BW failed once more and wasted half an hour of my life this morning. This game is such a piece of ****.

then quit bk, trust me bw won't miss you're tiny sub.

You act like this is brain surgery. Its basic functions. Its like addition compared to quantum physics. Would you hire a physicist who couldnt even do fractions? Come on people should be more upset about this. We are being screwed here.

You act as if you understand the process at all. Your dismissive tone demonstrates that. Your assumption that only the mechanical function is the entirety of the process further demonstrates it. It is not at all that simple.

To all the folks crying because they might have to wait a few more day's for their server to be eligible. Now you see why Bioware is pretty closed when it comes to information sharing. They probably should have not told us last week that transfers were coming today. Instead they could have just popped in this morning and told us that transfers had begun with these servers and more would be added daily. Then instead of people crying on the forums you would of had people celebrating.

I hate to say it, because I wish Bioware wasn't so tight lipped about development. But this is precisely why they are and should continue to be so.

Edited by Ostith

Only 4 origin servers? Really?

They need to pump like 5 origin servers into 1 destination server to get any kind of decent population on any given server and they do 4 origins and 4 destinations? Amateurs.

I can't see why they can't announce their plans in advance, or why they can't let us know when we'll see the next batch of transfer avenues opened.

They did post it on the community forms.. Can you read? It was posted weeks ago it was going to be gradual. The next batch of transfers will be in days.. again read the first post on this thread.. WOW people really.. L2 Read

literacy... look it up people.

Again I have D3 and you were only unable to login the first day. That happens when you sell 3.5 million copies plus give away another 1.2 million. So you have 4.7 million people all trying to login at once. Yet they handled it and in 1 day everything was fine. If swtor sold 3.5 million copies the servers would still be down.

D3 is still stuffed for me. Bioware's got a tendency to over-engineer and prioritise perfecting their design over customer service, but they haven't yet stuffed up quite as spectacularly as the classless money-grab that is D3 imo.

I can't see why they can't announce their plans in advance, or why they can't let us know when we'll see the next batch of transfer avenues opened.

I really wish they would, its not like releasing the list of the next servers to become origin and destination would be a bad thing...