Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Current Transfer Servers

Auck

Their is absolutely no excuse for how xfers got to launch day without someone on the launch team pausing to ask, "hey. if we do this like we are planning to, will it placate more people that it infuriates?" or "Did we release enough information to give people a clear picture of what happening?" If you answered yes to either of those, slap yourself.

I'm sure in a "daddy knows best" mentality, some people just shrug off the pleas of the community, however, this game can ill afford that now. Especially after the 1.2 fiasco with rateds.

From a social conflict perspective, any time you increase anticipation and aspirations of a better tomorrow, you better be able to back it up. Unrealized aspirations lead directly to conflict. How no one in that office clarified exactly how drawn out this process CAN be will do nothing but hurt perceptions of the management of this game.

If that isn't clear enough, feel free to PM me.

I could not have said this better myself.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL. Guys transferring hundreds of people a day is too technically challenging. The top men at BW can only do 4-5 char transfers a day. I must say, some of the bad software engineers in company are a million times more competent than these devs. Their ability to fail continuously is hilarious. Anyway, got the guild together to resub and transfer tofay morning but another disappointment. We are done. GW2 is much better anyway. Hope this game dies a slow painful death like this pos it is.

I agree where did they hire these guys? Devry? ITT Tech? I think my son's 8th grade computer class could do the job better.

I know what they wrote, that doesnt mean I understand the thought behind it

They want to create more populated servers right? Why put light servers with the heaviest servers that are already populated enough?

The only thing I can think of is that this is basicly a trialrun and if something messes up on the origin servers its only a tiny loss

How do you know they are populated enough? What if BW increased the cap so twice as many people can log in compared to before?

So i have to check the General forums everyday in hopes of seeing my servers name? Great thanks! That's what my swtor experience was missing, forum lurking.

No, under "My SWTOR", and the "My Account", and then "Character Transfers". If you're eligible, it will say so there.

Out of all the NA servers, only 4 from the start? /sigh many people are disappointed.

Quit QQing. do you really think you're so special that bioware just drops everything for you? you're the only one in the whole world who actually pays for their sub right? I mean the way you talk, that MUST be true. It's not like this is a new service that should be tested slowly or servers could crash or anything, no nothing like that. Make me sick...

Can I clap this?!

I won't have time to read all comments but one thing is sure. This game continues to have a lot of "small people" with "small opinions".

What they are doing is absolutly correct. Finish filling the big servers with the almost empty ones. This provides smooth transfers, stability and achievement of the highest goal for all, that is, be in a very well (but not too over well) populated server.

I can say for experience that swtor team isn't perfect, but they do achieve their goals protecting the interrest of the majority of players, and assuring a stable game for those who plan to play this for the start to the end.

As I usually say, to those dishing the game, that trendy opinion that "BW sucks, SWTOR sucks" only pays up for those that are actually being paid to try to dissolve the SWTOR community. That said, we all know that there are many competitors that just want this to fail, that are in this game all day, mining peoples opinion about the game, poisoning young peoples minds. As Obi-wan said, the force is strong against the weak minds. George Lucas did know (and reserched for that) how things actually work in life.

Thank you Bioware for the effort. We all wait to see this effort grow in size and results and many of us fully trust in you and your skills.

May the force be with you... always!

Worth putting up there again. Well stated.

Um...no, the forum community set the expectation high. Link me one thread where BW hyped this thing up other than saying that it was coming. The expectation was set - it's coming and it will be gradual - the community is the group that can't except that communication.

Seriously, if I had any type of game released I would not have a forum other than a one way forum for communication.

sorry if i expected a list... and no the list we have isnt really a list.

Ahh so they are going to do this in small chunks. I see the logic behind it.

it's a good thing I have plenty of patience...Time to just wait and see what's next.

:jawa_angel:

What's next is this thread, and the EPIC crying therein. Hilarious!

Comedy gold! LOL!

Quit QQing. do you really think you're so special that bioware just drops everything for you? you're the only one in the whole world who actually pays for their sub right? I mean the way you talk, that MUST be true. It's not like this is a new service that should be tested slowly or servers could crash or anything, no nothing like that. Make me sick...

Why shiuld he or anyone else stop qqing. BW failed once more and wasted half an hour of my life this morning. This game is such a piece of ****.

The issue is that once again they didn't give us enough information from the start. They could have easily said they were only going to do 4 or 5 servers and that they would be transferred to other higher populated servers. It isn't that hard to communicate.

Look, I get it that you all want to know beforehand where you're going, but this is a process that greatly depends on the people that partake in it. They have to look and see how many people are taking advantage of the move in order to determine if a server should be removed from the destination list and a different one take its place.

Let's say they made SERVER X a destination for 10 servers, expecting 100 people from each origin server to transfer. Instead they got 250 from each server. They would have to close down SERVER X as a destination if it couldn't handle the load or if it exceeded their "balance predictions." So instead, they made the smart decision to do a couple servers at a time. That way they can change from SERVER X to SERVER Y in the middle of the process. Of course, they can't tell you ahead of time that you're going to SERVER X because you might not be. And then you'd have a lot of pissed people that already coordinated things, reserved names, etc. only to find all of that changed.

So, you'll get your information when they're ready to release it. DEAL WITH IT. You'll live, and it's not the end of the world if you have a wait another few days. Seriously, how self-entitled and arrogant are you people? As someone said earlier in this thread, you people don't even deserve a game to play.

All i want to know is, how long before all the servers are eligible for transfer? Whats a good estimation please?

Based on how other games have done this, how long should it take?

Because Bioware has that information and an hour is certainly long enough to figure something like that out. :rolleyes:

How do you know they are populated enough? What if BW increased the cap so twice as many people can log in compared to before?

Because Fatman and Jedi for example are Heavy to Very Heavy servers during prime time? Also people who are on those servers have told me they have a large community?

Increasing the pop cap wouldnt change the fact that there is already an established community thats big enough to sustain itself. As I said, Im not ************ or whining, Im just saying I dont understand the logic of it unless its a trialrun for the proper transfers which would make a lot of sense

Throughout this game you guys (BioWare) have done an absolutely horrible job of keeping your customers informed.

Let us know how often we will have updates if you can't provide us with a list of destination servers.

yes and u get butthurt fanboys who say its not their fault, nobody reads, well we shouldnt have to work to stay informed, you cant just assume people read the dev comments, some people dont have time to sniff that out, the login screen is where we should be getting this newz, not from second hand info from a small base of people that do or do not read the forums and just pass along information vaguely, its BW's job to make sure that doesnt happen. Learn to communicate or let ur game die bioware.