Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez

You seem to equate the hour in which last do an update to the amount of work that we are all putting into this. Many weekends and extra hours have been worked in order to bring us to this point.

Sorry i really dont feel for you, it is a reality for most working people. And should be common in the MMO industry with patches, make sure servers run smoothly etc etc. My thoughts go to the people that had to go a few weeks back.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ick, dunkin's donuts are terribad. especially if you were in NYC, they have krispy kreme and just good mom and pop donut shops there. dunkin's does have kickass coffee and bagels tho. Especially ice coffee.

Please, don't speak about kickass coffee to an Italian espresso fan... :D

So, I need to explore a little bit more NYC in search of some good donuts it seems...

... meanwhile, no news for the missing servers...:p

I transferred two characters and two characters showed last night at the selection screen.

However - here in the My Account setting it shows I have three characters on that server.

Is that just a display error or might I end up leaving one character behind?

Very smooth and fast btw, congrats.

Damn ta hell ye Biowares! Arr! I preordered th' battle on 21st 'o July 'n ye scurvy seadogs still havent transfered me yet from Basilisk Droid. What be th' meanin' 'o 'tis? ye salty wenches couldnt sink a mast even though ye life was in th' balance Aaarr!

I have a bad feeling about my server... :(

Same here. I don't like that "finetunning" statement. Did they figure out that the destination servers are full, and will place the remaining servers somewhere else (= less populated)?

Sorry i really dont feel for you, it is a reality for most working people. And should be common in the MMO industry with patches, make sure servers run smoothly etc etc. My thoughts go to the people that had to go a few weeks back.

Agreed. Also, this "extra" work they're doing wouldn't be necessary if it weren't for several previous bad decisions, and if they could push content out as quickly as say, Rift (I do not play it, but am a fan of their constant content patches). This extra work is just digging BW out of a hole they put themselves in.

And yes, I'm a software developer myself. I understand (and live) in the development process. If my team and I let half the bugs they've let get through go live in our software, I'd no longer have a job.

So, I need to explore a little bit more NYC in search of some good donuts it seems...

I prefer Starbucks fraps. Mmmmm. Damnit. Now I want one and hubby has the car at work. *pouts*

Course with the way Bioware is being ebil and TEASING us today, the caffeine might cause a heart attack. heh

I transferred two characters and two characters showed last night at the selection screen.

However - here in the My Account setting it shows I have three characters on that server.

Is that just a display error or might I end up leaving one character behind?

Very smooth and fast btw, congrats.

Bug. Keep transferring your characters until you hit seven characters on your destination. Then, roll a new one there, get through the opening stuff (esc key it), then delete the character. That should fix the number being displayed incorrectly.

wth is taking bioware so long to start transfers this morning? Usually we have had one server update list by now...they are slacking!

They're not slacking. Server updates will be much slower today, as they're monitoring all the transfers/populations from the past two days. It sounds like they've gotten to the "tipping point" on some of the destination servers, and need to watch and see if they need to switch to other ones.

cmon guys, stop ************ about the time they took to transfer.

they are monitoring the population (finally) and try to avoid another poulation desaster. i think thats absolutely fine.

btw. me and my guildies are stuck on RP-PVP ... an this server is not even mentioned in any posts ;)

Coffee is good in all forms. I have a french press, a pneumatic coffee pot, and an old fashioned stove top espresso maker at home, and I usually keep some instant coffee around too if I just want a quick cup. But in the summer nothing beat a dunkin's iced coffee.

wth is taking bioware so long to start transfers this morning? Usually we have had one server update list by now...they are slacking!

They said they're fine tuning things, and to expect fewer transfers today than yesterday.

Meaning they probably had a meeting about what to do with the next servers, which other servers should be chosen as destinations etc. based on monitoring activity and sub etc on all the servers

Agreed. Also, this "extra" work they're doing wouldn't be necessary if it weren't for several previous bad decisions, and if they could push content out as quickly as say, Rift (I do not play it, but am a fan of their constant content patches). This extra work is just digging BW out of a hole they put themselves in.

And yes, I'm a software developer myself. I understand (and live) in the development process. If my team and I let half the bugs they've let get through go live in our software, I'd no longer have a job.

I am amazed at how many gamers are in the software development/computer programming/IT/you get my point industry. I had no idea there were so many of you out there.

cmon guys, stop ************ about the time they took to transfer.

they are monitoring the population (finally) and try to avoid another poulation desaster. i think thats absolutely fine.

btw. me and my guildies are stuck on RP-PVP ... an this server is not even mentioned in any posts ;)

Yeah, I think its fine too. I would rather see them evaluate in-between transfers instead of just dumping people somewhere.

But really, you don't need to complain about others complaining. That's sort of hypocritical.

They said they're fine tuning things, and to expect fewer transfers today than yesterday.

Meaning they probably had a meeting about what to do with the next servers, which other servers should be chosen as destinations etc. based on monitoring activity and sub etc on all the servers

I hope they had more foresight than that. Making these decisions the day of is really poor planning.