Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

You seem to equate the hour in which last do an update to the amount of work that we are all putting into this. Many weekends and extra hours have been worked in order to bring us to this point.

Translation:

"Many Bothans died to bring us these server transfers."

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with you. My guild transferred and a lot of them lost names. They were upset sure, but they didn't rage quit the game or anything.

We're a gaming community so we're playing other games. Our two guilds in TOR are just guilds. People will leave the guild if we disband and move, when they don't want to move. They're still a member of our community, but they're at a crossroads where they don't need much of an excuse to stop playing TOR and play other games with us.

Oo, shame on you, Bioware! Teasing us. It's 1112am EST and no updates. The suspense is causing me to chain smoke! *bounces in chair* I haven't been this excited since Christmas as a kid and seeing all those presents under the tree.

I had to change 2 names because of the transfer, but I just found clever ways to keep a variation of the old name.

Example: I had a Merc named Furyion. The name was taken so I changed it to Fury'on

Some of my guildies did the same with their names

People actually get donuts at dunkin's? I thought it was just for coffee and bacon egg and cheese. Also, don't think they have dunkin's in austin.

Last time I went in NY, I got donuts at dunkin's and they were.... gnam gnam... :p good :D

btw, it's time to show some new server available for transfer BW, come on :D

Let my big guild move from NL to our new destination.... (because I'm quite sure that we are going to move ALL to The Red Eclipse)

Thanks God I'm not a Guild Officer... so many people to add again to the guild... :D

I haven't been this excited since Christmas as a kid and seeing all those presents under the tree.

You mean this is more exciting than waiting for your Early Access e-mail notification?

Last time I went in NY, I got donuts at dunkin's and they were.... gnam gnam... :p good :D

Ick, dunkin's donuts are terribad. especially if you were in NYC, they have krispy kreme and just good mom and pop donut shops there. dunkin's does have kickass coffee and bagels tho. Especially ice coffee.

You mean this is more exciting than waiting for your Early Access e-mail notification?

It's the waiting and anticipation! Will my server be destination or origin? Will everything work out okay? Hubby's at work so if we have to move, I have to log into his account and transfer his too. Only because wanna be sure we both are on same server. Don't want to get left behind. That would SUCK. And believe me, as an RPer, moving without hubby would be 100x worse than having to vary my names or change my legacy name.

You know who I feel sorry for, the community folks who have to go through all the threads created last night and close and post for the umpteenth time "No really guys, keep it on one thread stop making new threads about the same subject, really."

It's the waiting and anticipation! Will my server be destination or origin? Will everything work out okay? Hubby's at work so if we have to move, I have to log into his account and transfer his too. Only because wanna be sure we both are on same server. Don't want to get left behind. That would SUCK. And believe me, as an RPer, moving without hubby would be 100x worse than having to vary my names or change my legacy name.

You don't have to worry about getting split to different servers or not getting to transfer at all. Once the server pairs are announced, they will stay that same pair from now until whenever they decide to stop the free transfers.

Joveth Gonzalez ‏@Joveth

With that being said, you can expect some more more servers opening up today. Not as many as the past few days since we're finetuning #swtor

Joveth Gonzalez ‏@Joveth

Just a reminder, this character transfer process is gradual and requires us to monitor populations and see how they stabilize. #swtor

Joveth's twitter a few minutes ago.

Edited by SirLimbo

If you are on the same server now you won't get seperated. The transfers are going to be open for awhile and once an origin is matched to a destination it won't change.

Joveth Gonzalez ‏@Joveth

With that being said, you can expect some more more servers opening up today. Not as many as the past few days since we're finetuning #swtor

Joveth Gonzalez ‏@Joveth

Just a reminder, this character transfer process is gradual and requires us to monitor populations and see how they stabilize. #swtor

Joveth's twitter a few minutes ago.

That sucks.

Yeah. It's nice to see people help each other out instead of tear each other apart.

Indeed. I'm cynical enough to expect the usual trash, but not cynical enough to believe that there are still some decent folk out there.