Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

Well, they better make Sith Wyrm a destination server, or they're going to lose a lot of subs. We're not transferring, and will just unsubscribe.

Just click on that unsub button already. I don't get how you don't see the server transfers as a good thing.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PVP East

Anchorhead

Belgoth's Beacon

Bondar Crystal

Cho Mai

Darth Malak

Davik's Estate

Death Wind Corridor

Firkrann Crystal

Gardens of Talla

Hedarr Soongh

Helm of Graush

Infinity Gate

Iron Citadel

Kinrath Spider

Naddist Rebels

Port Nowhere

Prophecy of the Five

Rwookrrorro

Saber of Exar Kun

Sword of Ajunta Pall

Terentatek

The Deadweight

The Fatman

The Twin Spears

Thendys Noori

Veela

Vulkar Highway

How awesome would it be if we all went to The Fatman

is that even possible?

Edited by RedFox

19 ppl on the fleet, 6 of which are in my guild... The Crucible Pits

why they didnt just say, "we are moving/consolidating X servers to Y server. boom, Done

this is gonna draw things out far longer than it has to be.

LOOOOOL dude you need a reality check if you are threatening bioware this way.

It's hardly an empty threat considering how many people have already unsubbed before now. You'd think Bioware would make more of an effort to try to make current subscribers happy instead of saving the names on people who aren't even paying customers anymore.

I am horribly disappointed. I started on Canderous, but played on Keller's when Canderous was originally plagued with long queues. After things died down, I switched back to Canderous, but still had a lvl 50 and 48 on Keller's Void. My brother-in-law who started playing after launch also has his only two characters on Keller's Void but has basically stopped playing since there is never anyone on.

I was looking so forward to actually consolidating all of my characters on one server and hopefully getting my brother-in-law back in the game. I was so happy to see the email earlier that Keller's Void was open for transfers.. when I get home I log in and have the choice of *1* server to transfer too. Seriously? I've been playing MMOs since EQ launch, lived through a few server mergers there, and this really is a sad excuse for trying to solve a major problem.

It's hardly an empty threat considering how many people have already unsubbed before now. You'd think Bioware would make more of an effort to try to make current subscribers happy instead of saving the names on people who aren't even paying customers anymore.

QFT

This name nonsense is just that. Your unoriginal names mean nothing if there is no one else logged on to see them. If you insist on having a name then play a single player game.

Typical.. i've been waiting for character transfer for since the game launch(which btw. should have been in the game from the start) and now they finaly put it in the game.. and then its only some servers... i can't even transfer the only character i need to transfer over to my main server... give more servers choice to transfer they characters bioware!!

I've been playing MMOs since EQ launch, lived through a few server mergers there, and this really is a sad excuse for trying to solve a major problem.

EQ knew how to merge servers: they didn't pander to people silly enough to want to play on unpopulated servers because of their names. I didn't roll on an RP server on purpose, BW. Take a page from your predecessor's books.

The 1:1 ratio is a bad idea, it's not too late. And don't be afraid of the "M" word, your stocks won't plummet and many of your players will maintain respect for your new found decision.

They really need to post the full list so guilds can inform their members that don't log on everyday. I understand the staggering of transfers, but why not a full list?

It really does not matter. One origin server to one destination server makes it easy to find group mates for guilds, it is not like it is gone. Besides, guild masters (like mine) had days in advance to mail each member of their guild and tell them "the guild is transferring, head to the transfer server." Or you could put it in the message of the day, or even refer to a thread url that would update what server you would go to (in case you were unaware of how the transfers worked).

It is unneeded, imo.

I would also like to move to a server I select, one where I have my name reserved. A name may seem like a petty thing, but mine was carefully thought out and planned, and I cannot just simply take my 49 levels of character and change her name. I cannot do it.

It is my fault for being so attached to a name, but in light of my already dead Kath Hound now having people jumping ship like it's the Titanic, I've unsubscribed. Maybe when I'm able to move to a server where I can retain my name I will bring my account back online.

Also: same sex romances. Bring them.

Here's what you do... if your character name is Sunaness (just to use your user name as example) and its taken on the new server you go to, make it Sunanéss. Is that so terrible? I was actually able to get all my names on my server only 2 months ago without having to use any alt characters, but my legacy name was taken so i had to use one there. Those of us used to playing a truely massively multiplayer game know that its pretty rare for your chosen name to be available so alt characters are a necessity.

All I have to say is what a joke. People have been waiting for months to be able to transfer off of dead servers to a server of their choice and this is the best you all can come up with??? I would pay to be able to transfer my toon off one server to be put on the server I moved to. This is really sad, have you all even looked at your servers? I mean actually logged into one and seen how dead some of them are? I bet you haven't. I can see this joke of a service loseing lots of subs., You want this to work, let people transfer their toons where they want to go I want to be with my friends on a specific server not some random server you guys select.

Love the game and will keep playing, just this kind of half thought out service really is a joke.

If they let everyone transfer where they wanted we'd be in either the same problem we are now, or in the problem the game was in shortly after launch that led to their being so many servers and population spread thin. Letting people pick where they want to go does nothing to balance populations. Now, most likely once this free transfer population balance is done, they will open up a paid transfer service, so if you really want to be on a specific server you can transfer there. As it should be it, if you and your friends didnt coordinate yourselves enough to be on the same server.

STAY CALM PEOPLE!

I warned you there would be chaos. Its panic in the streets.:eek:

However, I can tell BW is trying hard to make the game better. So calm down and give em a chance. The storm will pass. Take a deep breath, relax, you will be ok.:)

Edited by earthtoearl

How awesome would it be if we all went to The Fatman

is that even possible?

Probably not all to Fatman, but maybe they could condense the list of 27 down to 5-8 pvp servers for the east coast and they could get close to that "Standard" population benchmark for each server except Fatman. The rule of thumb would be that the least goes into the higher ones and the mid ones combine, giving each a population as close as possible to each other (taking the Fatman outlier out of the equation).

The biggest issue we're having here is that when they ballooned the servers during prelaunch/launch they didn't remember very well that they had the population caps set artificially low since they wanted to try and shape the population. Unfortunately, the launch momentum died down and a lot of people who got in at prelaunch didn't stay for one reason or another and all that population shaping ended up hurting the game instead of helping. That is why those servers are low pop. The ones added post-launch are empty because by then, all their friends rolled elsewhere and they went to the "existing" servers instead of fighting all the rush of non-prelaunch people on the new servers (if you remember, there were reports of it taking 20-30m per quest in order to get the respawns in order to do the "Kill X Flesh Raiders" quests on these post-launch servers). So everyone congregated where there was a more healthy population spread. Since then, people have rerolled on the higher population servers because their prelaunch/launch server became ghost towns due to attrition and the expected loss of a certain % of subscribers common to any MMO post-free month.

What is even more unfortunate, is that they're trying to shape the population again with these server transfers, trying to maintain the highest number of servers possible with an "acceptable to them" population. What they NEED to do is realize that they made a huge mistake and have way too many servers and need to condense them down to no more than 10 per category per coast, and in some cases, fewer than 10 (for example, only 8-10 east coast pvp servers including rp-pvp, only 8-10 east coast pve servers including rp-pve, etc.).

Edited by JefferyClark

Heres the thing that i cant understand.

Who is it at Bioware who does the marketing or comes up with these ideas? Bioware advertised server transfer more than a month ago and did say that certain transfers were going to be free. They didn't say that those transfers were going to be the ONLY transfers allowed at all. Its very much in line with alot of the disappointment over 1.2 when it first came out. Said one thing but did another.

Is this not a business? Are you guys not trying to make money? Who had the genius idea that people wouldn't get upset and leave when you do these things or that it would all be okay? Wake up Bioware, its not a nice market out there. Diablo 3 killed many servers, Guild wars 2 and the Secret World will do even more damage. Analysts are saying that your subscriptions will be down more than half a million by 2013.

You can't afford to be like this in this market, in this economy. The bottom line is, this is a business whether you want to be or not. That's what it is, that's why your working. One realizes that implementing new things like paid server transfer to anywhere is no simple task, but what your doing here is just doesn't make any sense at all. The standard for business these days that are successful is customer service and a dedicated client base. This kind of thing is terrible to both because its nothing like what the CUSTOMER wants and is even driving longtime clients away. This is what YOU wanted, and one hates to point it out, but the money comes from the CUSTOMER. And whats even more mind boggling is that YOU stated that in your articles about server transfer. Who writes openly in a public article that you intend to do server transfers in this way because this is to serve what YOU want and that CUSTOMERS who want to move their characters to the server of their choice will have problems or have to wait for something in the distant future? Not be too sarcastic, but it might have been just as easy to just wish them good luck on another game and take care. How can you even consider that with an expected rapid decrease of client flow from opposing games release? Its clear from this article alone, that while there was discussion and ideas regarding what the best course of action is, its seems plausible that the bigger picture here wasn't in full view.

Look no one is trying to tell anyone how to do their job here. The point is, if this game is to succeed, then doing things like this are bound to cause more loss than gain, more complaints than compliments, and most importantly, LESS MONEY coming in. That's the bottom line. It makes more sense to just work on what the customers are asking for. Work on giving your clients ACTUAL server transfer to the server that they want. They are willing to pay for it clearly, and even though it may not be what YOU want, that doesn't matter because your NOT paying for this, the CUSTOMER is. You have to keep that in mind or this game dies, and with it more jobs. One shouldn't have to point out that although Bioware claims that there aren't any big decreases in subscriptions, the reported amount of job losses and layoffs does not go unnoticed.

Just think about it for a minute. It's your job here, not mine. Think about it.

Heres the thing that i cant understand.

Who is it at Bioware who does the marketing or comes up with these ideas? Bioware advertised server transfer more than a month ago and did say that certain transfers were going to be free. They didn't say that those transfers were going to be the ONLY transfers allowed at all. Its very much in line with alot of the disappointment over 1.2 when it first came out. Said one thing but did another.

Is this not a business? Are you guys not trying to make money? Who had the genius idea that people wouldn't get upset and leave when you do these things or that it would all be okay? Wake up Bioware, its not a nice market out there. Diablo 3 killed many servers, Guild wars 2 and the Secret World will do even more damage. Analysts are saying that your subscriptions will be down more than half a million by 2013.

You can't afford to be like this in this market, in this economy. The bottom line is, this is a business whether you want to be or not. That's what it is, that's why your working. One realizes that implementing new things like paid server transfer to anywhere is no simple task, but what your doing here is just doesn't make any sense at all. The standard for business these days that are successful is customer service and a dedicated client base. This kind of thing is terrible to both because its nothing like what the CUSTOMER wants and is even driving longtime clients away. This is what YOU wanted, and one hates to point it out, but the money comes from the CUSTOMER. And whats even more mind boggling is that YOU stated that in your articles about server transfer. Who writes openly in a public article that you intend to do server transfers in this way because this is to serve what YOU want and that CUSTOMERS who want to move their characters to the server of their choice will have problems or have to wait for something in the distant future? Not be too sarcastic, but it might have been just as easy to just wish them good luck on another game and take care. How can you even consider that with an expected rapid decrease of client flow from opposing games release? Its clear from this article alone, that while there was discussion and ideas regarding what the best course of action is, its seems plausible that the bigger picture here wasn't in full view.

Look no one is trying to tell anyone how to do their job here. The point is, if this game is to succeed, then doing things like this are bound to cause more loss than gain, more complaints than compliments, and most importantly, LESS MONEY coming in. That's the bottom line. It makes more sense to just work on what the customers are asking for. Work on giving your clients ACTUAL server transfer to the server that they want. They are willing to pay for it clearly, and even though it may not be what YOU want, that doesn't matter because your NOT paying for this, the CUSTOMER is. You have to keep that in mind or this game dies, and with it more jobs. One shouldn't have to point out that although Bioware claims that there aren't any big decreases in subscriptions, the reported amount of job losses and layoffs does not go unnoticed.

Just think about it for a minute. It's your job here, not mine. Think about it.

What you fail to understand is that what customers think they want is not always whats going to make them happy in the long run. Had they just opened up free transfers from server to any server, the population balance would remain a mess and a few weeks from now people would be complaining all over again. They are doing exactly what needs to be done right now, which is try to balance the server populations. Then, when that is done, they can open up unrestricted transfers, whether paid or free.

I cant believe the devs havent closed like 99% of these threads. There is so much misinformation being spread and the general ignorance on the whole server transfer is blinding. Yeah, only 8 servers on the first day is about 2 servers less then i expected, so maybe a little under expectations. But my god peope, if you would use a quater of if the ffort you make on these post you would of known this is exactly how they planned to do this.

Hopefully the server merger fans will be now happy and stick with the game and will not re-start their demands when the target servers are not all the time Full... :mad:

I lost a struggling, but still an ok server with a pretty nice community. We had been pretty stable for the last month, and I hoped that ours would have been one of the servers to be spared. But I see that BW is going for a very small number of servers to remain, which itself tells about their expectations. :(

Since all the pvp servers are low pop except for The Fatman and since they already had a server designated to it already and the pop is at very heavy I would say that they better just take all the pvp origin servers and place them all in one designated server so it has a good population. Edited by Darth-Rammstein

I logged in today and one at a time every few minutes it says that I am no longer friends with someone, I checked and they all have left the server. I check and even the capital worlds and fleet have very few players left online. I am a Guildmaster who now has to rebuild as my members are leaving too. I guess there will be a lot more players on the Baation. Well, as my Trooper would say "Havoc Squad, move out" Edited by Sangrar

Stop whining like juveniles and let them balance things out ...

As of 18:50 PDT for US servers

Jedi Covenant - Full

Fatman - Very Heavy

Drooga's Pleasure Barge Heavy

Kaas City Standard

Lord Adraas Standard

Begeren Colony Standard

The Harbinger Standard

Canderous Ordo Standard

The Ebon Hawk Standard

Jung Ma Standard

Tones of complaining on threads since the game started. I'm just happy they're going to let my server transfer to another at somepoint. It's a ghost town server with no pvp and most of the time you're alone on the imperial fleet. Republic is even worse. Transfers were a good idea, but I can see why some people really in fluff over it. Bioware has to take it slow because of bugs with the transfering system and it could also overwhelm them having every player trying to transfer at once. I also get why they won't people transfer from different types of servers. As I was saying, I'm just happy they're doing the transfers at all.