Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Figures that my server would only be able to move to one other server, and it's one I don't want to be on lol. When will paid transfers be available and will BW make the mistake of charging $25 like WoW does (which kept me from moving my alts) ? I only have 3 or 4 to move but won't do it if it costs $100 for all of them, that's insane.

So we can only get transferred to the pre-selected server?

Great, some jerks that quit our guild on Keller's Void already transferred and stole our guild name and some of our character names on the destination server, just to grief.

Keller's Void was one of the original pre-release guild destination servers and I think it's crap that we have to move. I have had a character on that server since 7 am day 1 of pre-launch access and you are telling me this is a transfer server and not a destination server?

Why don't you guys move people off the servers that formed after launch first? You know, the servers that opened up because people were crying about queue times? I'm not happy about this. :confused:

Edited by MorgonKara

The only thing I would like to see is which are the servers that are getting the transferees. It currently shows which servers are getting transferred but its doesn't say where they're going.

Go here https://account.swtor.com/user/account/transfer, it shows the destinations.

Figures that my server would only be able to move to one other server, and it's one I don't want to be on lol. When will paid transfers be available and will BW make the mistake of charging $25 like WoW does (which kept me from moving my alts) ? I only have 3 or 4 to move but won't do it if it costs $100 for all of them, that's insane.

I wouldnt be surprised if they did a "legacy transfer" or something where you could move all your characters on one server to another for one low rate, but we'll see. I do agree that the $25 per character tag from WoW was ridiculous, and I even moved a few toons back in those days, tho I hated myself for spending the cash.

How many characters am I allowed to transfer? I have more than 15 characters across multiple servers. I am eligible to transfer a few of my toons, but should I if I'm limited?

What will happen if I don't transfer at all? Will I be all alone forever? Or will you decide to get rid of the servers my toons are all alone on?

How many characters am I allowed to transfer? I have more than 15 characters across multiple servers. I am eligible to transfer a few of my toons, but should I if I'm limited?

What will happen if I don't transfer at all? Will I be all alone forever? Or will you decide to get rid of the servers my toons are all alone on?

They have not said anything about limits during this free process, I would assume there is no limit as long as your characters are on eligible realms.

I'm not going to lose my character and legacy name on a server transfer. I was one of the first people to frigging log in and play this game. I earned my character's names by being here day 1 pre-release.

Thats fine. If becoming Mórgon is too much for you to handle you can continue to play on your dead server, which will be more dead after transfers.

Moved my "main" :csw_bluesaber: from Soresu to Harbinger (where the majority of my characters are) this morning; took all of 5 minutes to complete! Logged in, started doing my dailies and heroics with others almost instantly--no wait at all to form groups! Made my gameplay enjoyment 1000x better.

Thank you Bioware, the transfers rock!!!

:ph_thank_you:

Let's hope the rest of us get this kind of experience tomorrow!

Thats fine. If becoming Mórgon is too much for you to handle you can continue to play on your dead server, which will be more dead after transfers.

f-that i'll quit first. why would original pre-launch servers become transfer servers before post-launch servers? people should be transferring to my server from the extra servers they added after launch, not the other way around.

I'm not going to lose my character and legacy name on a server transfer. I was one of the first people to frigging log in and play this game. I earned my character's names by being here day 1 pre-release.

I was in first day wave 1 too... also one of the first to log in.. but I'm over it... Just a fact of life. I'd rather throw a ' or a - in my name before i play on a dead server.

f-that i'll quit first. why would original pre-launch servers become transfer servers before post-launch servers? people should be transferring to my server from the extra servers they added after launch, not the other way around.

Because the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. If the delicate and fluid server population balance requires one of the pre-launch server to be an origin, then thats the way it will go. Im sure BW will try to avoid that, but it may not be possible. And if throwing an accented alt character in your name makes you rage quit, then please do, I wouldn't want you on my server.

I was in first day wave 1 too... also one of the first to log in.. but I'm over it... Just a fact of life. I'd rather throw a ' or a - in my name before i play on a dead server.

i was the first day too, and still can't transfer to my time zone server,

nor fake server merge, my main and 2nd char both on dead servers,

i already rerolled twice.

GJ BW , u lose my sub.

Wont transfer over. In fact, guildmasters arent even allowed to transfer without disbanding the guild!

Please don't spread misinformation. Yes, you will have to disband and reform your guild, however, once arriving and reforming, the guild master can contact customer service to get their Guild Bank tabs restored at no charge. And your personal bank/cargo hold will transfer.

Edited by mjmcooke

get over it ..its just a name..add an x to it or something....i would gladly change everything about my toons to be able to transfer now.

Yes, get over the identity that you created and Bioware stressed as a major component of the game. Just sad to see that just because you weren't attached to your name means you feel now one was.

Because the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. If the delicate and fluid server population balance requires one of the pre-launch server to be an origin, then thats the way it will go. Im sure BW will try to avoid that, but it may not be possible. And if throwing an accented alt character in your name makes you rage quit, then please do, I wouldn't want you on my server.

Why then do the needs of the unsubbed outweigh the needs of the subbed? Why are people who have long since moved on from this game able to lock up names that paying customers who have continued to support this game would like to use?

So we can only get transferred to the pre-selected server?

Great, some jerks that quit our guild on Keller's Void already transferred and stole our guild name and some of our character names on the destination server, just to grief.

Keller's Void was one of the original pre-release guild destination servers and I think it's crap that we have to move. I have had a character on that server since 7 am day 1 of pre-launch access and you are telling me this is a transfer server and not a destination server?

Why don't you guys move people off the servers that formed after launch first? You know, the servers that opened up because people were crying about queue times? I'm not happy about this. :confused:

That's actually a very concerning problem, maybe you or your guildmaster should contact customer service directly

...I bet bioware didn't think about THAT possibility

Yes, get over the identity that you created and Bioware stressed as a major component of the game. Just sad to see that just because you weren't attached to your name means you feel now one was.

If the "identity you created" isn't original enough to be untaken on your new server, maybe you shouldn't be so attached to it. I expect of my 8 toons that i plan to transfer if my server is an origin, I'll only have to MAYBE throw an accented alt character into 1 or 2 of their names.

If the "identity you created" isn't original enough to be untaken on your new server, maybe you shouldn't be so attached to it. I expect of my 8 toons that i plan to transfer if my server is an origin, I'll only have to MAYBE throw an accented alt character into 1 or 2 of their names.

^ What this man said. I never, ever, EVER, -not even once- have to rename a character or choose a different name in a game. Know why? Because I actually spent time choosing my name. If yours is taken on 90% of the servers, chances its not that "unique" to begin with!

Why then do the needs of the unsubbed outweigh the needs of the subbed? Why are people who have long since moved on from this game able to lock up names that paying customers who have continued to support this game would like to use?

That is a seperate issue than what I was talking about. I'm not sure what BW's stance on this is, have you tried contacting customer service. I know in other MMOs they would unlock names of characters who had been unsubbed for a certain amount of time.